Fox Fall Schedule Revealed: Glee Shifts to Thursday, Touch Moves to Friday and More!

Glee Season 4 ThursdayGlee is on the move.

Fox unveiled its official 2012-13 schedule this morning and the big news is the relocation of Ryan Murphy’s musical dramedy this fall to Thursdays at 9/8c following The X Factor results show (and American Idol at midseason). That timeslot’s former occupant, Kiefer Sutherland’s Touch, will shift to Fridays where it will lead into the final season of Fringe

RELATED | Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to What’s New

Among new shows, Mindy Kaling’s The Mindy Project has, as expected, landed the plum post-New Girl slot on Tuesdays at 9:30, and Jordana Spiro’s Mob Doctor will air after Bones on Monday.

On tap for midseason, in addition to American Idol, Hell’s Kitchen, Kitchen NightmaresThe Cleveland Show and Cops: Kevin Williamson’s Kevin Bacon-fronted serial killer thriller The Following (to air Mondays) and the Scott Foley-Becki Newton comedy The Goodwin Games (to air Tuesdays).

RELATED | View NBC’s Complete Fall Schedule

All told, the Fox schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details.

MONDAY
8/7c Bones
9 pm THE MOB DOCTOR

TUESDAY
8 pm Raising Hope
8:30 pm BEN AND KATE
9 pm New Girl
9:30 pm THE MINDY PROJECT

WEDNESDAY
The X Factor

THURSDAY
8 pm The X Factor (Results Show)
9 pm Glee

FRIDAY
8 pm Touch
9 pm Fringe

SATURDAY
8 pm Fox Sports Saturday

SUNDAY
7 NFL OT
8 pm The Simpsons
8:30 pm Bob’s Burgers
9 pm Family Guy
9:30 pm  American Dad

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Alcatraz, Allen Gregory, Breaking In, The Finder, I Hate My Teenage Daughter, Napoleon Dynamite and Terra Nova.

1. Cody says:

They didn’t move it because of ratings, they move it because they wanted to start an all-night comedy block. Can you people read?!

2. Dane says:

These Glee fans need to stop freaking out… Glee will do well on Thursdays at 9pm with X-Factor and American Idol as the lead in… It may slightly slip in the ratings due to Grey’s and whatever other post CW show happens and factoring in the general ratings slide when shows move. But Glee will be fine.

FOX’s schedule looks barely changed. It’s scary to thing only a couple of new shows were added.

I’m all for Friday night and have a very positive feeling for Touch and Fringe working well for FOX on Friday. Touch will provide a good lead in and since Fans know this is Fringe’s final season, Friday’s look solid and locked in for viewers.

I have a feeling 2 comedies will bomb on Tuesday comedy block, and I suspect Glee may move back to Tuesdays mid-season, it’s really the only show to work post-comedies.

I think FOX should consider changing their Sunday schedule. With The Simpson’s decling aswell as the long production process, 13 episode orders should be given to all Animation Domniation and turn it into an hour block split by the Fall season and Mid-Season. (Sundays at 8:00pm in Fall – The Simpson’s, 8:30pm – Family Guy and Mid Season – 8:00pm American Dad 8:30pm The Cleveland Show). Use the 9pm Sunday timeslot for American Idol and move Bones back to Thursdays at 8pm to launch another hit show in the 9pm timeslot. Long shot – I know but it’s just a suggestion.

I wonder when Fringe ends will Touch move to the 9pm slot and Kitchen Nightmares return to 8pm.

3. Jules says:

Who cares anyway about the schedule and New/returning shows on FOX or any others Network…
    I just learn about the “possible reunion” of FRY & LAURIE
    FRY TWEETED that he and His “M’Colleague” Laurie ARE “COOKING UP”/planning a new project together…details not revealed yet…MYSTERY OR SPOUPY TWIST!!!!
    BEST NEWS EVER!!!…
    Could this mean: SERIES 5 Of A BIT OF FRY& LAURIE?
    Whatever the project (in front or behind the screen) TV or movie…this is BIG..and even if happens in a near future(a year or 2..) That beat everything…they have the BEST CHEMISTRY EVER & FUNNIEST DUO…I’m anticipating their project already….

4. Dane says:

8:00pm Series Encores

SUNDAYS:

8:00pm New Girl
    8:30pm Raising Hope
    9:00pm New Series

I can only wish.

But I really think the Animation Domination will do better on Fridays, and X-Factor/American Idol Result Shows shrunk to 30min for a suitable lead in. Also one of the animations should be 13 episodes, to alternate with Bobs Burgers mid-season.

Sunday would be opened up to New Girl/Raising Hope as a great lead in to a new show. FOX needs to reclaim Sundays and I think Touch and Fringe would be brilliant on Mondays with less competition in the demos (opposed to CBS Comedy, CW teen drama, NBC’s The Voice and ABC’s Dancing with the Stars). Friday is too crowded for cult genre type shows.

I know we’d never see this FOX schedule, but I would like it.

5. Joy says:

I figure I’m a TV addict but the info in all these comments amazes me. I guess we don’t get that much info about American shows here in Canada.
    However, there is one thing mentioned so many time I don’t understand. In these days of remote controls, why is a lead in so important? I check the schedule each evening and if a show I want to watch is on channel ‘A’ but the next one I want to watch is on channel ‘B’ all I have to do is press a button on the remote and as we all know the channel changes. So I just don’t get it. So many channels to chose from these days.
    Sorry if that seems dumb. :-)

• Chanelle says:

Hey Canada! Me too.
      It’s not dumb. I tv Addict poeple a lead in is pretty usuless. But it’s good for poeple who just watch American Idol and then stay on to check out what is next on tv. Not every body watches 20 shows (I know what the hell is wrong with them :D) So a lead in is good for ratings since it might get new viewers that will like the show or just random poeple who don’t know what to do or watch at 9pm on a thursday.

• Joy says:

I average 3shows each evening. If nothing is coming on I want to watch I check out all the good stuff I have stored on DVR Heck I have 40 episodes of The Mentalist there that I keep until they are on DVD (G)
        I’m going to miss GCB but at least I have those on DVR I did say I was an addict didn’t I. :-)

• Chanelle says:

okay I need an edit thingy.

“For* tv Addict…”

6. etc says:

ugh get rid of Ben and Kate, which has the most boring and obscure name esp for a comedy, and will probably get cancelled, esp airing after Raising Hope, and put in the Goodwin Games for fall! Only thing I’m looking forward to, and tv needs Scott Foley and Becki Newton!

7. AW says:

This is risky to have, Glee on the same time, as Greys Anatomy and Person of Interest the 2 most watched tv shows. The new night time, show deaths are on Thursday’s and Friday nights. But these shows have pulled through,more times that I remember since. I have watched shows on Friday, and Thursday nights. Blue Bloods and CSI NY, on CBS. And fringe on fox. But if they keep on going at this pace, we might see more tv shows on online sooner, than later. But if they are canceling, house on fox. Why can’t they move glee to that time slot. Do we really need, a mob show. That might give people, the wrong idea in real life. Like those crazy people. That might recreate those crimes. The moral is that we have plenty shows, on that we already have. As it is.

8. STW says:

Moving to 9:00 p.m. is fantastic — out of the family hour so that Glee can go back to the edgier, adult humor it started out with. (Season 1 was a 9:00 p.m. show airing on Wednesdays after American Idol.) Having to write to the constraints of the “family hour” on broadcast TV has been one of the major factors hampering the show’s ability to be itself; I’m really pleased at the potential this offers to aim the show squarely at the 18-49 demographic again instead of the teen, tween, and child viewers.

9. kaley says:

One season ago I would have been thrilled at the thought of Glee returning to a 9 p.m. time slot (and I still think it’s a step in the right direction).
    But now I’m mostly afraid “more adult” will also mean “more offensive” and “more character assassination” because I lost every bit of trust in these writers. I hope they will prove me wrong.

10. Alex says:

I’m still not used to watch Bones on Mondays and the only show I cared about – House, it’s gone. Meh.
    On the other hand, I would take Glee a million times before Greys, I’m so not into that drama.

11. DJ says:

I am so upset about the move of Glee to 9pm on Thursdays. I really like Glee, but I LOVE Grey’s and Vampire Diaries! I can only record two shows at a time on my DVR, and Glee will lose that contest every week! Bad move, Fox! Bad move!

• DJ says:

Never mind. I just realized Vampire Diaries is still on at 8pm. I still don’t like Glee moving to Thursday though…

12. Ashley says:

I want the finder back!!! My favorite show yet.. Very sad it is being cancelled. I hate how fox brings in shows just to cancel them without even giving you and ending.. If you are going to cancel them, then give us an ending, dont just leave us on our seats.. BOOOOO FOX!!!!

13. Hannah says:

Aww l wish they didn’t cancel the Finder! D: I loved that show. :C

14. jayla says:

They need to bring Terra Nova back my husband and i Like that show, i hate getting into a show and then they cancel it. It SUCKS

15. Megan says:

Why isn’t The Finder coming back!?! And what about House??

16. Cookie says:

I think Alcartraz was a good show I don’t understand why would you cancel a different kinda of show, that’s new and fresh.

17. Faun says:

Fox doesn’t seem to really care about what the people want. They say they do, but if they really did they would bring back a great family show, The Finder. It was fun and had great characters!! It just makes me so mad that family shows are getting cut while trash stays on! Grrr

18. John Burkhart says:

Will they be greenlighting The Chase?

19. Sarah says:

What does it matter what day something airs, I mean really, who cares? That is what a DVR is for, or Hulu or Sidereel. Seriously, I watch everything I want when I want and don’t give a flip when it is on, and that really is the way it is today.

I look forward each week to Unforgettable, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Nikita and Smash. I watch Mentalist, Bones and Glee just because I am loyal and have watched them since they started, but they are really getting boring, especially Bones, they screwed up the whole show with the way they tossed Booth and Bones together. YUK.

Glee stinks. The writers RUINED the show. The gay issue is getting, and is preachy. I do not like one character right now, except maybe Santana. I love the music but even that has been lacking as of late, though I love the Adele Mash up this season, probably the best they have ever done.

20. james addison says:

Why do you keep crappy shows and get rid of good shows such as fringe and the finder

21. mona says:

I am so gonna miss the Finder. I loved that show.

22. Lucy says:

I can believe they cancelled Terra Nova it was one of the best new shows i wish sci-fi would pick it up like they dis wt Merlin

23. David says:

When’s COPS supposed to be on? Everyone seems to have forgotten about it.

24. brandy says:

No more the finder!!??? That makes me mad

25. Rob says:

Why the hell did they cancel Alcatraz and Terra Nova? Those were two of the best shows that Fox had in their entire line-up! Ugh. At least they kept Touch, but now it’s opposite CSI:NY. -_-

26. Crazycreekwoman says:

I can do without the reality shows. TERRA NOVA was a great show and I waited to see the new season. Please reconsider your choices and make a change of your lineup for this season.

27. Jeffrey says:

i cant believe they canceled terra nova who ever makes the decisions around here at fox must not care about 10 almost 11million viewers. Terra Nova was an excellent show bring it back. I cant believe this!

28. Sandra says:

Yes, I wish to add my pissed off attitude to the pile as well…I am so sick of FOX cancelling shows that people really do watch and continue other really stupid shows like New Girl and the such. This is ridiculous, I have seen so many of the shows that I loved to watch either cancel or not get renewed in the last few years by FOX, it would seem that they need some new management to handle the good shows. What is America coming to when all people want to watch are those stupid reality shows, like Bachelor, the dating shows, those cramp my lifestyle shows that range right up there with the Kardashians and Jersey Shore. Really get a grip world and let’s watch TV like we use to do, and stay away from all that slang and bad story line reality shows that are on TV now. Believe me I can do without all those repossession shows, who cares what people are repossessing, and for gosh sakes get a grip on reality, or excuse me don’t the people at FOX and other channels have enough of that in their own lives. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am sure that I do not want to watch what goes on in other’s lives when I could be watching a show that is just made for watching and not digging in to with your heels. This really stinks, and I am so pissed at FOX right now that I could spit nails at them, lol. Maybe if we all started watching other channels and not watching FOX at all, just maybe they would get the message then…see who paid their bills for them then.

29. tvoncomputer.org says:

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually realize what you are talking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Kindly also consult with my site =).
    We could have a hyperlink change arrangement among us