Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Grid: What's on When? And Versus What?

It’s never too early to start planning your fall TV viewing habits — and get a jump on any new DVR conflicts! — so TVLine presents thus day-by-day, hour-by-hour grid of the schedules for each network.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back in the Fall? What’s Toast?

Programming for the 2012-13 TV season is shown in bold, with new series in red.  Details on the schedules (including what’s held for midseason) can be found at these links: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS and The CW.

[ CLICK HERE FOR SEPTEMBER PREMIERE DATES ]

Tags: , , , ,

Comments (192)

• I just ran down the schedule and thank goodness I have cable. The only network with substantial quality programming is CBS. ABC gets me for Revenge, but with them moving Body of Proof to midseason I barely even need multiple DVRs anymore. I miss the days when I had to work to coordinate everything. Networks need to step it up as cancelling everything after one season is NOT the way to win me back (Ringer, Secret Circle, GCB, Awake…)

Comment by dq18 – May 15, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CBS is okay if you like generic procedural crime-drama. But they simply can’t compare to AMC’s Breaking Bad or The Killing, FX’s Sons of Anarchy or Justified, HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, or SHOWTIME’s Dexter.

NCIS, Criminal Minds, CSI, Hawaii Five-O or any other one of their other generic crime drama’s are all simply too “safe” to be ground-breaking and truly interesting.

Comment by BigJD747 – May 17, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that I finally want to watch something on NBC, they had to put it at the same time as something I already watch. I am so unlucky with tv schedule, like how two shows I watch moved to monday at 8 during like the last year or so.

Comment by AnnClau – May 15, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to Goodwin Games. Of the clips that was definitely 100% better than Mindy but I don’t see it on the schedule.

Comment by Dee – May 15, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My most important (only) dramas are Good Wife and Scandal. Most important comedies are Parks, 30 Rock, and Community.

Comment by Leah – May 15, 2012 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been looking for a good reason to stop watching Grey’s aside from it not holding a candle to what it was in it’s first couple of seasons and now thanks to Glee, I finally have one. I will definitely be watching Glee instead this Fall.

Comment by Liz – May 16, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay csi ny and fringe aren’t on at the same time anymore

Comment by lisa – May 16, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My DVR is going to hate Mondays. Aside from Monday Night Raw, NBC just has to put up the best show in years u against not only Raw, but my 2 fave shows, Castle and H5-0. it looks like I’ll have to kick both those shows to VOD, they get really good ratings regardless and I am very interested in Revolution. and CBS really got some great shows going, now if they can just kick football off tyheir network so I dont miss Theresa Lisbon(she is quite sexy, imo) banter with Patrick Jane, I’m good.

Comment by Bradley Martens (@BRJericho7) – May 17, 2012 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can we get this updated with the CWs schedule?! thanks in advance :)

Comment by Elyse – May 17, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that they fix the grid soon! :o)

Comment by shybit – May 17, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee vs. Parks and Rec? Crap. Guess it’s time to invest in a DVR. I stopped watching Grey’s when it got crowded with newbies and lost a lot of the original interns. Hmmm, maybe that solves my Thursday problem after all.

Comment by bamabunny – May 17, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like I only have a couple of conflicts. I may have to watch some of my comidies online now. Thursday at 7:00 is the toughest hour for me, or at least until I see how Last Resort looks. And I love that ABC is bringing some strong show to Sunday nights, that was always a sleeper night for me.

Comment by Melissa – May 17, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge vs the Good Wife. OY!!

Comment by Dawn – May 17, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm.

Well, Arrow/The Middle/Survivor will be a challenge at my house. I’d love to watch Revolution, but there’s no way I’m missing Castle for it, and my wife is a big Hawaii Five-O fan. The rest of the schedule looks safe; I’ll probably try Go On because I’m a Matthew Perry fan from back in the “Friends” days.

I’d watch an hour-long featuring Connie Britton spelling names out of a phone book, so I’ll probably try Nashville.

Comment by chadwhitley – May 17, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My only conflict is Modern Family, Criminal Minds, and Law & Order: SVU all at the same time. Why did they have to move SVU to an earlier time slot??

Comment by Brit – May 17, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because that’s what NBC does. For much of the last decade they’ve been moving successful (back then they had several legitimate hit shows) shows up and down the schedule until they lose their audience.

Comment by smidnite – May 17, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what about the goodwin games?!

Comment by luli – May 17, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They said they were on tap for mid-season and were going to be on tuesdays. I just don’t know which shows will be pushed to make space for it.

Comment by AnnClau – May 17, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, now I only have HIMYM and Bones in conflict, and maybe Go On with New Girl. My mondays are going to be easier. And sure I wanted to start watching Hart of Dixie, but since it moved in the same timeslot as NCIS I guess it won’t happen, too bad.

Comment by AnnClau – May 17, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to ABC’s Friday schedule? Now it says Shark Tank, Primetime, & 20/20… What about Last Man Standing & Malibu Country?

Comment by Jeff – May 17, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bad sign that Touch was moved to Friday nights…kiss of death for most shows :(

Comment by Erin – May 18, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sure once X-Factor ends in December it’ll get moved back

Comment by mwk89 – August 8, 2012 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can say for sure that Beauty and the Beast will get canceled with all that competition.

Comment by Giovanni – May 19, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was watching Storage Wars the other day because there was nothing better on. It was that bad, then I decided to reread an old book on my kindle. I suspect because there are only four shows I watch anymore, I’ll be getting a lot of reading in

Comment by Jimpy – May 20, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh heh…Im torn about supernatural being moved to wednesdays..I was hoping theyd keep it on fridays but do 8pm or 10pm instead that way I could watch Grimm. Now I can watch Grimm but I have to choose between criminal minds or supernatural unless that is I finally break down and pay the 10 bucks a freakin month to get a dvr

Comment by Dacia Robb – May 20, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not happy about Supernatural and Criminal minds being on at the same time either! I have watched both from the very beginning and it’ll be hard choosing between them now!

Comment by Lola – June 17, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I see CBS left CSI:NY on Friday night. Which means they’re doing all they can to kill it, once again. But, at least it has the 8 PM time slot. The new show isn’t a weak lead in.

Comment by Broadwayfan – May 21, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on TV Addict.

Comment by Aaron M Zaffuto – May 22, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see NBC’s The Biggest Loser on Tuesday night–or any other night. Can someone explain?

Comment by ladynic27 – May 25, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG people. Greys over Glee? WHY? I mean both shows have started to go downhill, but still, I would choose Glee over Greys. Why? Because Glee goes to Hulu 8 days after it airs and Greys goes 24 hours afterwards. So I would watch Greys the next day instead of waiting 8 days. So to those who love both shows, use common sense.

Comment by Kalleb – May 28, 2012 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any clue if Psych is staying in its normal time slot?

Comment by Babybop – June 6, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So here it goes god I watch way too much!

Sunday:
    Watch: Once Upon A Time,Revenge & 666 Park Avenue
    DVR: The Good Wife

Monday:
    Watch: How I Met Your Mother,Partners & 2 Broke Girls
    DVR: Gossip Girl

Tuesday:
    Watch: Hart Of Dixie,Happy Endings,Don’t Trust The B In Apartment 23 & Private Practice
    DVR: Raising Hope,Ben & Kate, New Girl, Emily Owens, MD, The Mindy Project

Wednesday:
    Watch: Suburgatory,Modern Family & Nashville
    DVR: Arrow

Thursday:

Watch: The Vampire Diaries, Grey’s Anatomy & Scandal
    DVR:Glee,Parks & Recreation & 30 Rock

Friday:
    DVR:Made In Jersey & Community

Comment by Elle – June 8, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adios, Glee.

Comment by Amanda – June 10, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there no body of proof?

Comment by Jennifer strimple – June 10, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happen to Biggest loser I know it was renewed

Comment by gail – June 12, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Get a DVR! HERE WE GO AGAIN. Wed Thur is DVR madness
    nights. Make your picks. Or get a plan whereas DVR may record more than 2, or on-line viewing. Don’t sweat it. Fantasy thought: I wish primetime could stick together and not lose anymore viewers. Good shows go down in flames after you invest 6-9 mos. Competitive scheduling forces the hand. As stated earlier…DVR and on-line viewing. Too many frakin’ singing competion shows!!

Comment by admiral – June 13, 2012 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could cry every time I think about CSI Miami being canceled.I could give you a million reasons why it shouldn’t be!!!! Is there any chance another network will pick it up?

Comment by Elizabeth – July 13, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They kept CSI:NY. I literally tear up when I think what a wonderful decision it was! CSI:Miami had a great run, but it had run its course! It ended satisfactorily! I’m very haooy with it, though I will miss Calleigh!

Comment by Barbie Furtado – July 28, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nbc can not see wen it had something good.to cancle Saving Hope one of the best shows ever created is not very smart. People get tired of reality shows.Maybe that is the reason NBC is in 3th place

Comment by Ennepetalerin – July 26, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, pretty thing! They didn’t cancel Saving Hope. Saving Hope is a Canadian series that runs in the summer. It goes on 10-13 episodes like all Canadian series. It should be back next summer. If not, you can find it online.

Comment by Barbie – July 28, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAAAY, LAW & ORDER SVU , & CRIMINAL MINDS ARE BACK but at the same tiimee :”’( , whhy iis law and order svu at 9pm now it used to be at 10pm , iid watch criminal minds at 9pm than law and order svu at 10pm, NOOOO WHHY they have too changee the tiimee !!!

Comment by Aisha – July 31, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where is csi miami not on the fall list

Comment by clifford smith – August 6, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to Body of Proof?

Comment by paul keys – August 7, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My DVr is gonna get a workout espcially from Jan to May when Smash returns&Mon nights will Carrie Diaries,90210,2 Broke Girls, and Mon-Tues with abcfamily shows:PLL,Bunheads,Lying Game, and Hart of Dixie &Emily Owens MD on Tues(if EO lasts that long) & Rizzoli &Isels -last 4-5 episodes of season three in Nov..Ill also watch Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries,Nikita,Client List (in spring probably),Once Upon a Time,Revenge(hopefully),Nashville,Americas Next Top Model.

Comment by Brandy – August 19, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wll also check out Beauty &Beast but make no promises about sticking with it past the pilot and maybe second episode.My conflicts will be where ever Smash is on against another of my shows and Mon-Tues in November and Jan-March with Rizzoli&Isels and either or both Lying Game & Bumheads being up against channel 2 news at 7.my DVr can only record two shows at once if tvs not on or I watch one of what I’m during.

Comment by Brandy – August 19, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s the 21st century, folks.
    DVR? Anybody?
    OK, VHS?
    I mean with most houses having multiple TVs who can’t manage to record at least ONE show while watching a different one?
    Glad to see Touch may be back but what about AWAKE?
    Or is a show that makes you actually pay attention and figure out what’s going on just too much for the dumbed-down mainstream networks?
    ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT finally will get its due thanks to Netflix.

When will the networks start listening to its intelligent viewers and stop killing the good shows to fill the airwaves with mindless one-season wonders?
    As in “I wonder how that show ever got made in the first place.”

Comment by Bea – August 20, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did they cancel Missing? Loved that show…

Comment by Dawn – August 20, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After seeing the horrendous choices NBC made in their airing of the Opening & Closing Olympics ceremonies (thank God for BBC America—where I watched what NBC cut) I am totally unsurprised at their axing of the terrific show, “Harry’s Law.” The writing, the acting, the wonderful ensemble work—-all of it was A-Class TV, unlike some of the poor shows still on the air. It’s clear to many of my friends and me that NBC has lost touch with its viewer base. I watch only one show on NBC now, and that is “Grimm.” CBS gets most of my TV time, as well as PBS and AMC. I call it as I see it, and as many people are seeing it, apparently. If NBC fails, it’s NBC’s fault. They just don’t get it.

Comment by K Jones – August 20, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand why GCB was cancelled after only one season. I thought it was hilarius. and cancelling Harry’s Law. It seems there are more reality shows than anything.–the ones about celebs -who cares. Aren’t there any writers out there anymore ?
    Then the networks put all the good shows in the same timeslots and on the same nights. I understand about ratings, but some good shows are not being watched and/or cancelled because of this. How about entertaining the public ? All the public; not just young people. We old folk like TV, too. Sandy August 26,2012 1:33 pm

Comment by sandra geary – August 26, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Want to know when” how I met your mother” and “two broke girls “starts back up?

Comment by Melissa – August 26, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DVR conflicts? what dvr confilicts? with my box from tv provider, i just upped 2 more years for, i can record 5 shows at once. no problems here.

Comment by JB Smooove – August 27, 2012 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that Harry’s Law, CSI Miami and A Gifted Man have been cancelled.
    It is unbelievable what the networks do and then leave stupid shows on.

Comment by Rose – September 4, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree,it’s hard to credit that they took off CSI Miami,..Great show.

Comment by Camillus – September 9, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disappointed was looking forward to Frontier…. Hope you still give it a shot!!

Comment by TAMMY HINMAN – September 9, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Webb Mitovich, is this schedule still timely and accurate? (i.e. are the shows in their correct time slots?) Thanks for sharing this! I’m programming my DVR season pass. Can’t wait for all the new shows next week!

Comment by DLR – September 17, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • tuesdays are crap as usual, why do they never put anything decent on that day.

Comment by alexjones – September 23, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My TV Schedule:
    Sun: Once Upon a Time, 666 Park Ave.
    Mon: How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, Bones, The Voice, Revolution, Gossip Girl
    Tues: Private Practice, New Girl, The Mindy Project, The Voice, The New Normal, Parenthood, Hart of Dixie, Emily Owens M.D.
    Wed: Grey’s Anatomy, The X Factor, Animal Practice, Guys with Kids, Arrow
    Thurs: Grey’s Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory, Elementary, The X Factor (results), Glee
    The Vampire Diaries, Beauty & the Beast
    Fri: Grimm, America’s Next Top Model
    A lot of stuff I have to catch up with on DVD or on hulu, netflix, and amazon instant video…

Comment by Christa – September 26, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for all your comments on the Cnote Reality Show 2013 much respect to all the viewing public Cnote

Comment by john c. rowe – October 9, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post