Fall TV Preview

NBC Confirms 30 Rock Season 7 End Date, Will Conclude With One-Hour Finale

30 Rock Cancelled30 Rock‘s upcoming seventh season will be its last.

Despite telling reporters on Sunday that an end date for the show had not been set, NBC president Robert Greenblatt announced at the network’s upfront presentation today in New York that the Emmy-winning comedy would indeed conclude its run next season with a one-hour series finale.

“I know Tina, Alec and the rest [of the cast] will deliver some of their best work,” Greenblatt said. “We think the world of Tina and hope she will be in the NBC family for years to come.”

Tags: ,

Comments (21)

• NBC you can’t play with my heart like that…first it’s definetely the last season, then it might not be..and now it is?? Please change your mind ONCE more :/

Comment by Line – May 14, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is DEFINITELY the last season.

Comment by John Berggren – May 14, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show but I think this is a good idea. I felt the last season was one of the weakest, and I’d always rather see a show go out on top.

Comment by Jelly – May 14, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ha! I thought it was one of the stronger ones. I hated the first few seasons (well not hated, but felt indifferent to)

Comment by iva – May 14, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think this current season has been a good one, certainly better than the 2010-11 season, which almost lost me. Could be the general lack of the terrible Elizabeth Banks that made it better for me, but even beyond that I think it’s just been improved and funnier most weeks!

Comment by B – May 14, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the first couple of episodes this season were weak, but it picked up steam after that, and I’ve enjoyed many of the episodes as much as ever!

Comment by TV Gord – May 14, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC would do well to have Tina develop another sitcom for them.

Comment by John Berggren – May 14, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show, but time to wrap up. My suggestion for keeping Tina Fey in the NBC family: Can Jay Leno (again) and give Tina the Tonight Show.

Comment by M – May 14, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THAT is an awesome idea.

Comment by John Berggren – May 14, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Would only work if it moved to NYC, since I doubt Fey wants to move to LA (look what happened to Conan). Then you’d be bumping into all of Fallon’s guests. Besides, the top brass has no faith in women, so it’ll never happen.

Comment by Bob – May 14, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see it going out on top. The show has still been strong lately, but it was pretty clearly reaching the end of its natural life. It’s had an excellent run, and we won’t have to witness an untimely and drawn out painful death (looking at you, The Office…..)

Comment by Brendan – May 14, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer. I can’t forsee the quality of this show going downhill, like The Office. (unless cast members left) So I wish it could go on.

Comment by Leah – May 14, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is it still a 13 episode order? And does a fall start then mean that the show will be done by the end of 2012?

Comment by Nate – May 14, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After the show ends will the cast finally move to France like they promised.

Comment by BrianR – May 14, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only Alec…and Cher, of course. ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – May 14, 2012 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want the show to end in the fall and not the spring. I hope they don’t stretch it out. I like my shows to be over and done with.

Comment by Erika – May 14, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Think about what you people are saying…cancel something because it stil kicks butt? Makes no sense…its just television people..run it till it dies and then move on. Why kill it when people still love it? Some kind of weird obsession with dieing on top is such a sad waste of potential entertainment.

Comment by rich – June 29, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This still has at least a few seasons in it… There is not enough sitcoms like it and it would be a shame to CAN it… NBC needs to reconsider as there is still alot of money and laughter to be made in this show….

Comment by John – September 17, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched 2 episodes a season to try and see if I can bare it.
    Conclusion = show is boring!

Comment by Jimmy Paul Chanda – January 24, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What??? Are you out of your freaking mind?
      This show is awesome! If you only watch 2 episodes you can’t say that the show is boring, you don’t even know what 30 rock is. You must have shame on you!
      Watch it with all of your cognition skills and then come back and post a comment!
      Over and out.

Comment by Pinheiro – February 1, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tina has served her purpose (Palin killing) and now it is time for her to disappear. If she doesn’t go willingly, they will make it happen one way or another. Wait six months and see if you can find any trace of her.

Comment by Observer – January 31, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post