True Blood First Look: New (and Extremely Spoilery) Season 5 Trailer

Waiting for a True Blood promo with substantial new footage sucks is over.

PHOTOS | True Blood Season 5 Cast Photos!

Press PLAY below to watch the latest Season 5 trailer, which includes a first look at Chris Meloni in action, a glimpse at the beginning of a very intimate Alcide-Sookie moment, and a peek at the return of a certain king.

1. anthonynewhall says:

I’m so emotional…

2. Andy says:

Looks A-mazing! Really waiting sucks…

3. wow impressive and welcome to chris meloni

4. Sierra says:

The trailer looks amaaaazing! Can’t say I’m super excited for Sookie to get with Alcide, but it looks like the show has found a fresh angle to work for the show’s overall plot and I can’t wait to see everyone in action again! WOO!

5. Smigglesby says:

So….. Tara’s totally dead huh?

• Andy says:

I don´t think so.. they made a poster of her.. perhaps she returns as a gohst or sookie does some fairy stuff to her and bring her back idk…

• Russ says:

Tara will be either a ghost or vampire. I hope vampire so she can be a badass instead of trying to be a badass like last season.

6. Rusty says:

Please let Tara die finally please

7. Sk says:

Man I wish I had HBO and didn’t have to watch a season behind from Netflix. This looks insanely awesome!

• Russ says:

Dude just watch it online. I don’t have HBO either but episodes are posted like an hour after it airs.

8. S says:

OMG looks AMAZING! June can’t come any sooner.

9. Michelle says:

Can it be June already please!

10. Brad says:

so Reverend Steve Newlin is back (as a vampire). Does that mean we can expect to see Anna Camp pop up somewhere this season?

11. S says:

Eric looks hot in that top hat :) Hoyt in his eyeliner too! I can’t wait to see some Pam/Eric flashbacks. Waiting SUCKS! I’m still annoyed about not knowing if Tara’s really dead or not though lol

12. Debbie M says:

It should be illegal to have so many hot actors/actresses in one show. I cannot wait to see Christopher Meloni!

13. S says:

Sookie uses her powers on Pam.. Hmm why’s that ? Pam turn Tara? … ^And I agree they’re all so hot! lol

14. HazzyDee says:

I prayed for Tara’s death but there’s a poster of her and also rumours Pam turns her…why Pam turns her, I have no idea! June 10th please hurry. In other news, is Anna Paquin the luckiest lady or what?! Working with Alexander and Joe not enough, she’s married to Stephen too!!!

• Ros says:

Why the hate on Tara?

• jordanjanellejoy says:

Everyone hates on Tara. i agree she may not be the best character. She is whiny and can be annoying with her overly pessismmistic attitude, however, imo Sookie is equally annoying. I love this show don’t get me wrong but Sookie is dumber than a bag of rocks, what all of these supes see in her I have no idea. It has to be the fairy blood and platinum lined vajayjay.

15. What Blood says:

OH I CAN’T WAIT ……………………..HURRY UP………………ITS SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF ME……………….

16. Paris says:

I think Tara will be coming back as a ghost, sone type of zombie (Lafayette can bring back the dead), or a vampire. Either way, I want her back!

17. Waitingsux says:

Here are my theories…

Hoyt is a vamp hater now and poses as a fangbanger to lure vamps to their death.
    Newlin was turned by christopher heyderdahl’s character.
    Eric and Bill save their own lives by agreeing to find Edgington.
    Alcide makes a play for Sookie (gag!)
    Luna and Sam… Zzzzzz.
    Terry and Arlene …zzzzzz (what a waste of Scott Foley)
    Jessica is out of control and thinks she can do what she wants because her dad is the king.
    Sookie removes the rotting curse from Pam in exchange for turning Tara.

• Shaun says:

I like Luna,good to have fairly normal people in the world and she’s good for Sam after all the BS he’s dealt with,lol.

18. ripleyaeryn says:

Sookie/Alcide !!!! <3

19. Mexton says:

Can’t wait for season 5, I’m team Eric and Sookie and it makes me sick to think she can just jump into another relationship so fast. I know many writers dangle a carrot in front of people to get them to watch and do the direct opposite. I believe Sookie’s fan base see her as a heroine and she will lose much of her fan base if she sleeps around and if she keeps running back to Bill. Eric made her stronger in ways Bill never has and Bill has hurt her too much for her to turn back. Eric seems more logical because they complimented one another and had more fun together and that’s what she needs excitement, adventure, and love. Sookie will be a strong advocate to fix the bridge that has been burned between humans and the supernatural world and Eric can help be a better backbone. Bill puts Sookie life in too much danger.

20. GreenEyedDiva says:

GAAAHHHHH!! can’t freakking wait! i have that there is only 12 episodes of each season :( more please!?!

21. Kel says:

I can’t wait! It’ll be another awesome season! Hope it’ll be Sookie and Erik! They were a much more interesting pair!