Exclusive Gossip Girl Finale Video: Serena Desperately Tries to Save Dair!

Serena’s trying to put out a big, juicy Dair-destroying fire on Monday’s Gossip Girl season finale (The CW, 8/7c), and we’ve got your exclusive first look as a guilty Ms. van der Woodsen practically begs an out-of-the-loop Dan to be the “the bigger person” and resist the temptation to read Blair’s leaked diary pages on GG’s salacious site (yeah, good luck with that).

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments to let us know how you think/hope the events of Monday’s finale will play out!

Loading video...

1. Roh says:

wow what an idiot

• Lola says:

Chair and Derena should come back in finally. I love them. I hope Dair broke up.

• KSG says:

i so agree with you..i love derena, dan should carry serena because blair doesnt love him she loves chuck. Chuck and blair should be endgame also. Dan and serena for the win.

2. mare says:

I hope the ratings are so pore that CW decides to do a little Movie and instead give The SC an other shot! Sorry I’m mean but GG went down the hill a long time ago!

3. Chuck and Blair !!! Keep Serena away from Dan,she deserves way better !

• teggers says:

LMAO. yes. poor girls deserve way better than Dan.
      Dan is so evil blah blah blah. ridiculous. this fandom is so completely out of whack.

4. Annie says:

There is no saving Dair. They were dead before they even started since Blair did a total 180 in one episode. Bye bye Dair. It was nice not shipping you :)

5. Alo says:

Too bad it won’t work. Actually, not too bad..

6. Emily says:

Poor Serena. I hope Blair chooses Chuck in this finale, Serena falls back in love with Nate, and D is left all alone.

• julyknupp says:

Serena and Nate would be perfect and the only thing that could make me like gg again.

• me says:

Yes please. I love Serenate. They were hot and such a good, happy couple. And Derena is the dead horse they insist on kicking. And Lola is beyond annoying. So please let Serenate get back together. Let’s not forget the show technically started with them, so let’s hope it ends with them.

• rubytu says:

I kind of thought that Dan and Georgina would make an interesting couple!
      Jenny, Eric, and Vanessa have disappeared, so there’s not a lot of choice for Dan….

7. TheLonelyPlace says:

Can’t you have other players to put this up on? Like a youtubev vid or something. This keeps failing.

8. Lois says:

If Chuck and Blair get back together properly I might finally watch this show for the first time in a year and a half again.

9. Abby says:

I knew that the season would end in Chair and I accepted that long ago, but I will be so upset if Dan gets back together with Serena. Serena has become the worst version of herself and needs to get back to her kinder, more down to earth self before she gets romantically involved with anyone.

• Dude says:

He says to her in the Canadian promo “There is no you and me!” So I really don’t think they do.

• M says:

this! Serena has become such a brat lately, I’m glad that Dan has FINALLY really gotten over her so I would hate for them to get back together

10. Melly says:

Serena is trying to save Blair/Serena at this point even if Blair stopped being her friend a long time ago. It makes me laugh the lengths the show will go to just to make Dan or Blair sympathetic. The more they Mary Sue Dan the further the ratings go down. The obsession with Dan already cost them 13 episodes next season.

Hopefully this finale will get us back to the core characters and couples that people have watched and cared about for 5 seasons.

• Jeanne says:

I guess you think about you when you say “people”??

And if Dan killed the ratings (Dan is a main character, just a reminder) explain me why the worst serie low ever is for a Chuck Bass drama 127917 and Chair centric episode????

• Annie says:

Well, I’m sure the DB kissing still put a lot of people off and Safran promoting DB on twitter too. People are just fed up and the decline started with DAIR.

• Jeanne says:

The decline started at the end of season 2, -1,2 million of viewers. And then in season 3 (oh wait… Chair season??)

• Annie says:

GG had a drop in S2 yes, right after 2.15. What happened in that ep? Oh yes it looked like Chair was over and err, it was. Until like episode 2.22 because she started to date Nate. The first episode to drop to under 1 million was 5.16, what episode was that? Oh yes the one with the DB kiss kiss promo. Check your facts dearie.

• Abby says:

I think the decline started with Louis and Blair.

• Lexie says:

The decline started by keeping Chair apart, then in season 3 with Dan being front and center (CB in the background) then in season 4 the decline was in the DB arc same as this year. It’s not hard to figure out the common factor. thankfully Safran is gone and the Dan focused, annoying Dair arc with it

• Lexie says:

Because who was Blair still with after that episode? Dan. It’s still the Dair arec. What happened midway through last episode to make so many leave? Let’s see Blair talked about Rome, was barely with Chuck before she was running back to Dan in the half hour people left at that point. Look like it’s still a Dair problem

• Step says:

It’s obvious people hate Dair. There’s no denying it now. I get people like them but it just didn’t go over with most of the audience and Dan doesn’t either.

• Ari says:

Maybe if Dan could find his way to a barber I’d feel better about him and Blair. Blair needs to cut his hair and get him a good shave. He looks homeless. No wonder she hides out in Brooklyn when she’s with him.

• Kara says:

But Dan and Blair are still together through this whole badly rated arc. it’s still their arc with the bad ratings. They are still together, aren’t they?

• WestwickSaveYourself says:

My god, Chair fans are vile. Absolutely vile. and stupid. I just can’t hold back anymore. Chair fans- YOU ARE STUPID PEOPLE.
          Ok, that felt good :)

• Catherine says:

A bit hypercritical, aren’t you.

• tripoli says:

Maybe you should try spending a little time with reality. Step away from your TV, it’s clearly making you insane.

• Jen says:

just relax :)
            anyway, chair is the endgame, which exists from the start of this show. that’s why it’s the only one way to finish it :) that’s why you should relax and enjoy desperate dan in the today ep, like we are ;) because he destroys its relationship himself, starting witn lies about video. Chuck did it too, you know, but it cost him that much.

• Leah says:

Because people are fed up with dair!!! They are still together!!! After everything!!! And ppl heard about her going to Rome with him! Hello! We are sick of watching the worst couple on television!!! They were totally forced!!! I’m sorry but maybe just maybe I would have been a little ok with the situation if she didn’t tell chuck that she loves him more and more everyday, then two episodes later is dating Dan!!! It’s horrible and it’s a slap in the face!
        If they would have made chuck and Blair just friends, and they both had atleast 5 episodes of it truley being over, like before she ran off with him, then it would have been believable and I (one of the biggest chair supporters) would have accepted dair, maybe not liked it, but atleast accepted it!!! So until chair comes back, alot of ppl rather watch bones then dair(even if they have only a couple minute scenes)

• Abby says:

I agree with you that they need to get back to basics, but I think that Serena and Blair are a big problem of why the show has been a bit off. I don’t think it has anything to do with Dan because, let’s face it, he has had a lot worse storylines (Hilary Duff anyone?). But with Serena- She has become mean and vindictive. She used to be so confident and easy to root for. Sure, she has always been a little naive, but that was part of her charm. For the past season or two she has either been made to look like the “dumb blonde” or a jealous, snarky wentch. She deserves better.

As does Blair, who has been made to look like a weakling since last year with the whole Louis business. Again, nothing to do with Dan (or Chuck), its what the writers have turned Blair into. I used to think that she was one of the best written characters on TV and now she is getting difficult to watch from week to week.

• misha says:

this! I don’t think it has anything to do with chair or dair, the writers have made blair go from being this confident and self reliant girl to someone who looks weak and easily manipulated. Same goes from Serena who’s attitude has just turned ugly. Then there’s nate who just seems like a useless character recently…. the writers have screwed up (in my eyes) the 2 female leads which I think is the cause for the decline in ratings

• Jenn C says:

I don’t think any one character or any one couple is what tanked the show (and I’m a Dair fan). Let’s face it, the show in general has been a huge crapfest since the middle of season 2. Serena went from being head over heels for Dan in season one, where she said she was never so serious about a guy, to falling in love instantly with every guy she met. Nate went from one boring story to the next. Chuck and Blair were constantly back and forth and back and forth. Stories came and went so quickly with no real purpose. There was promise in a possible Jenny/Nate/Vanessa triangle, but it ended so abruptly that it was almost like it didn’t happen. Dair, AND Chair did not kill the ratings, the show is crap lol If anything, the debate between these two fan bases is the only thing it has going for it, and HAS had going for it since the middle of season 4. If people didn’t care so much about who Blair ends up with, nobody would care less about the rest of the show. That is why the ratings have gotten so low.

• Dee says:

Ding! Ding! Ding! You hit it on the nose! Neither Chuck or Dan had to do with the shows decline it’s the poor writing, the fact that they wrote off many of the interesting characters and these on again off again relationships. The show has basically become centered around these 5 characters who have only become more and more annoying instead of keeping the broad range of mostly interesting characters ie. Jenny, Vanessa, Erik.

11. Jane says:

Dan did nothing to deserve unhappiness like the haters keep wishing on him. But Serena sure is doing her part to kill Dair.

12. Meg says:

Please don’t try to save the utter failure that is Dair, Serena, it’s not your fault they are boring and Blair doesn’t even live the guy. And Dair killed itself with the boring, pretentious idiocy it is. As Gossipgirl said- we’ve suffered enough.

13. Sarah Lynn says:

There is no saving Dan and Blair and can’t wait for the return of Chuck and Blair. Dan deservres to be alone

14. Risk it all says:

Sorry Ausiello to burst your bubble but Ban is dead..you of all people should have known better!!Chair FTW!!

15. Theo says:

Obviously the death of Dair is upon us and as a Dair shipper it is sad but i knew they were never end game. It will be interesting if they have him do it.

16. Lexie says:

Serena has been such a good friend who hasn’t interfered despite Blair treating her like garbage all year and walking over her to be with someone Blair seems mildly interested in in Dan. If I were Serena I would have told them to screw off a long time ago but here she is trying to still be a great friend. Blair doesn’t deserve her and nor does Dan for treating her so badly. Also trying to “save” Dair? God, please don’t. I can’t take another season of these two together. I’ve never wanted to stop watching a show more than when these two are on. Please bring back Chuck and Blair and end the what wrecked the show- the season of boring, Dan Humphrey

• Step says:

I would have told them both to kiss my butt by this point. Serena so deserves better people around her right now. And Dair? It’s not worth saving. Those two, ugh, so gross. Blair needs to quit writing in her diary and actually live out what her diary is probably saying- that she loves Chuck. They really need to fix Blair next year. I’ve never seen a character trashed as much as she was. I would say the same about Dan but he’s always been a jerk. Run, Serena, run as far as you can!

17. does ban need to be saved? Why??? they are sooo stable couple, it’s really strange, Ausiello, why do you think so low about such a deliciously perfect couple, huh? I smell a little desperation here ;) put kleenex by your side when the Finale come!

18. Jenny says:

Dair FTW!!! Chair again? Sucks👎👎👎

19. Jeannette says:

I’m gonna take this complete and utter lack of Chuck or Chuck/Blair sneak peeks as a sign that they’re the best, most top-secret part of the finale. Because otherwise I would be not at all inclined to watch…

20. mary says:

Why serena tries to help blair? She should destroy her, she’s pathetic it’s time for someone to destroy blair. Dan is pathetic he knows blair doesn’t love him and it didn’t stop him from dating her. I won’t even be sorry for him if blair dumps him. And i really hope chuck doesn’t take blair back she doesn’t deserve him at all. Blair can die alone for all i care. I am for chuck and serena happiness unlike dan and blair they don’t see themselves as victims they take responsibilities of their actions.

21. meg says:

awww. i hope things work out with dan and blair. they’re so cute and adorable i haven’t had enough yet!

22. Elisha says:

Oh gross! Don’t save them, Serena, they SUCK! Kill Dair already. it’s overcooked and terrible.. Please bring Blair back to her normal state (not this pod person wev’e seen most of the year) and bring back the couple most want in Chuck and Blair. Quit boring us Gossipgirl

23. celia says:

chuck and blair again…. ewwww they suck.

24. Leigh says:

Serena let Dan and Blair die-worst pairing ever on Gossipgirl! THey ned to fix this show and these character and next season doesn’t seem like enough time. Blair is glaringly terrible this year, Dan always was, the storylines are bad,and the plots rarely fo together. Just end Dan and Blair, that will be a start. And, we all can see Blair loves Chuck (if you actually watch the show) so she should go to who she loves not someone she faking it with. Serena is great as a friend where Blair has failed miserably all year.

25. SIA says:

So many thoughts..i think Serena isn’t going to pretend to be Dair fan anymore( you see the smile at her face when she said that’s not why u are calling…right?) which means dair problems :( which means Blair is going to end up with Chuck because of some misunderstanding which means d/b/c triangle next season…..

26. Britt says:

Blair needs to be with Chuck and Serena needs to find a man who’s not awful to her.I hope by the end of the episode she doesn’t like Dan anymore and Dan is left alone where he should be.

• me says:

Funny how you want Serena to find some who’s not awful to her but you want Blair to go back to the guy who was terrible to her. Now how does that make any sense?

27. Kara says:

No Serena! Don’t save the fail you know they are! Serena knows Blair is still in love with Chuck so she shouldn’t try to let Blair keep lying to herself. I do get it and Serena is just being a good friend but still, everyone can tell Blair is still wanting Chuck. Their scenes say it all where she doesn’t love or even wants to go to Rome with Dan. In the end Blair better go with her heart not her head if she doesn’t want to be miserable. Serena deserves a good guy like Nate.

28. Gabby says:

I cannot standf Dair! Kill it with the fire of a million burning suns. Worst pairing on tv, really. Bring back Chuck and Blair and maybe the show will be worth watching. I keep having to turn the damn show off every week so fix it, writers.

29. Jenna says:

Die Dair Die! I can’t take anymore of them. I’ve never seen a couple destroy a show like this one has in all my life. Alot was destroyed to make it happen and my only hope is they can salvage some of what was once good under Sara Goodman. Bring back the basics in Chuck and Blair, Serena and Blair and the UES we loved.

• JBS says:

Uhh… No thank you.
      The better idea would be to kill off Chuck, Blair, and Serena. That way, all Chair shippers can be happy that Dan is left alone ;)
      That way, GG would be much, much more watchable.

30. Astrid says:

I actually love Dair, but looking at the way the writers butchered their characters and used Dan as a tool, I think it’s better or them to break up. Ugh just cancel this series already and let Penn does some more movies!

• Jenn C says:

I agree, I think Penn is seriously better than anything the GG can and have given him. He managed to take some mediocre stories and made Dan’s torture over keeping his feelings burried relatable and sympathetic. It’s easy for the Chair fans to say that Dan is horrible, or that Dan deserves to be alone, but Penn is a great actor, and I’d love to see him do some more movies.

31. Carrie says:

I’ve liked Serena a lot this year. Dan and Blair on the other hand…I’ll be nice and say I’ve never hated a pairing more and really hope it’s over going into next season. If Blair loves Chuck, she should be with him. I know they had much better scenes than she did with Dan. And someone tell the actor who plays Dan to get a haircut. That shower scene, just no.

32. amelia says:

Serena is TOO nice with blair if S dated chuck i wonder how blair would react?. It’s time for S to get revenge.Blair is a w**** she doesn’t deserve anyone. By the way dair suck they killed the show, they are the worst pairing i have ever seen in the history of television. They are so forced it’s pathetic how hard the writers tried to make us buy this pathetic excuse of a couple.Blair is ruined how on earth can we take her seriuosly now? She loves chuck she loves louis but she loves chuck again but wait she loves dan? One word SLUT

33. Tic says:

At this point, i hope Dair is together all through season 6, just to see all the chuckistans derping around like they do in the coments to this video…

34. Can we stop blaming one ship over another for the decline of ratings. It’s pointless and holds no merit to the actual reasons ratings have declined. Stop with the unnecessary ship wars. It’s getting tired and redundant.

• me says:

You are very right. No one couple especially on this show has the ability to sink the whole show. There have been a lot of pretty weak storylines this season. Are Josh Shwartz and Stephanie Savage not involved anymore? B/c they had GG in top form. When did they step down or whatever?

35. JBS says:

Can I just ask that no matter what the outcome of the GG finale tomorrow night, can the shippers that are happy with the outcome PLEASE be gracious to those who aren’t happy? And on the same token, can those who aren’t happy with the finale not take it out on everyone else?
    In particular I’m talking to the Chair shippers because you guys have a serious psychological problem and really aren’t fans of GG because if you were, you’d all stick with the show through thick and thin no matter the circumstances, and yet anytime anyone reads a GG message board, it turns into a shipper war “with 75% of the messages saying stuff along the lines of “Die Dair Die” or “Chair FTW.” Now I’m not saying you don’t have a right to complain about creative differences, but it doesn’t give you the right to bash others at the same time.
    IMHO, the reason that GG hasn’t been as good as it once was is because of all the pointless, nasty shipper wars.
    And yes, you can call me a Dair shipper but only because I’m a believer in true love and not a self-absorbed lunatic.
    I’ve never seen an episode of GG before and if all predictions about the finale come true, I’ll never have to see one cause I’ll die of a Chair-induced coma (Yes; I’m bashing Chair. My response? If you can’t take it as well as you dish it, DON’T WATCH & GET OUT!!!)

• Alo says:

No. You “dair” shippers act like you are so innocent and “mature”. You all have been talking crap ALL season, wanted Chuck to die after the accident, shipped Chuck shipped Chuck and DEATH on tumble, cheated in that recent poll on GG, made fake twitters to make it seem like CB fans were psycho, made a tumblr to mock and stalk CB fans, I can go on and on. It seems like you can dish it out, but can’t take IR. Don’t be a hypocrite (which a lot of you are). Stop lying. Ausiello has made it his mission to make this site or anything to do with GG PRO Dair this ENTIRE season, and the comments reflected greatly on that. If you REALLY think the majority of hate came from CBs, you need to have your eyes checked. And FYI, DBs complained and threatened writers on twittter. Get off you high horse and look in the mirror ( you couldn’t even make a comment without bashing Chair). When the finale comes, focus on YOUR SHIP, and everyone else will do the same.

• JBS says:

1. I have had my eyes checked & I do wear glasses, so my vision is fine thank you very much.
        2. I never said that Dair shippers weren’t on the same level as Chair shippers, but what I was implying is that we at least try to be mature, unlike the teen-minded dark side.
        3. It’s ok to insult me, but to insult the likes of Michael Ausiello is a low-blow to all mankind.
        4. The ends justify the means. Therfore, I stand by my original comments.
        5. I will not just focus on my own side, because bashing the other side will be MUCH more fun than the last season of GG will be.
        6. What do your face and your name have in common? They’re both PATHETIC!!! ;)

36. Hojana says:

3 crappy seasons of Chair shoved down our throats enough already, kill of chair once and for all.

37. k says:

Dair is my fav!!! I will hate GG if they ruin them like everything else. I really thouht since it was built up so well it would last. If Dair was on any other show i would have faith. I use to love Chair alot, there is just something deep missing, and its kinda dark & creepy. No Dair no care.

38. Lily says:

Blair and Dan is the WORST thing to ever happen to the show. It ruined Serena and Blake. This was the worst season ever. So bad it got shortened for next season. GG finally for back with its past few episodes.

39. Mabel says:

I’ve had enough of this crap filled dair season shoved down our throats. Kill the “relationship” and don’t look back. Can’t wait for The Return of The Ring!

40. Kopassus says:

Dan & Blair
    Serena & Her hands
    chuck forever alone or end up with a prostitute (cz he always slept with a prostitute & he is a jerk)

41. Jono says:

People saying they want Blair to go back to her old self, and say that will happen by her getting back with Chuck… She was miserable and weak with Chuck not to mention ashamed of her self. Any fan of either character, Chuck or Blair is not a fan of the self destructive Chair.

42. kimmie says:

Chuck always told Blair to be strong. At least she wasn’t isolated in Brooklyn with a Muppet. Stop twisting the past 4 seasons to support your ship.

43. Embora GG sempre faça aquela bagunça no season finale.. estou muito ansiosa por esse episódio!!! *-*

44. Jessie says:

The only reason this show has gone down in ratings is because of all of you! (and crappy writing) look at you, bickering about ships, threatening not to watch just if your ship doesnt make it! I used to watch the show just for the show and nothing else but these shipper wars have made it impossible. The writers are so easily influenced by what the majority of the fans want, that instead of focusing on good honest storytelling, all they do is put characters together just for the sake of it and throw bones to fanbases. This show used to be my guilty pleasure but now its all about bloody ships. Both dair and chair fans need to stop hating and start appreciating for the one last hurrah to what has been almost like a cult show to me. Instead of saying CHAIR FTW or GO DAIR! cant we just keep our nasty opinons to ourselves and actually discuss the show? The show only had any real direction in season 1- half of season 2, where actually in fact dan was the main character and he is what sucked people into this show in the first place as he is relateable so please stop with the dan hate and also chuck is chuck, and he wont change so i also just enjoy him so dont wish death threats upon him either! I know the writers will probably ruin everything with their crap writing but lets just sit back and enjoy the spectacle of a disaster that now is gossip girl.

45. me says:

No offense meant, but why is so easy for Chair fans to just conveinently forget the horrible things Chuck has done to Blair? I mean he sold her for a stinking hotel. He treated her with zero respect for a building and money, but people are still clamoring for her to go back to him. Really? Is that how little you think of Blair that you think that’s all she deserves. You say you want her to be herself again. Well going back to the boy who broke her in the first place is not the answer. It will just be a huge step backwards for her. And yes I am very aware that this happened two seasons ago, but it crossed a line for me and there is no going back. I used to love Chair but the writers blew it when they had him sell her like she meant nothing. And no amount of romantic gestures or mea culpas will make me want her to go back to him. The writers made their bed and now they have to sleep in it. They need to have Blair have more respect for herself than that. I know he was a great love of her life, but he destroyed it not just with this selfish action, but with many others as well. Jenny anyone? Why would she leave a man that treats her with respect and dignity, who values her opinion, who engages her intellectually, gives her passion and romance (see elevator scene and princess on the steps scene for proof), who believes in her and wants to help her find herself, who loves who for exactly who she is and doesn’t even notice other women for the boy who treated her like garbage, who let’s be honest she will never be able to completely trust again? How does that make any sense? And if in some bizarro twist, she actually wanted Chuck, she could’ve had him. She could’ve chosen him, but she chose Dan. She wants Dan. So she didn’t say I love you back, so what. It doesn’t mean she doesn;t have strong feelings for him. She’s allowed to take it slow and she’s allowed to need to be ready to say it back. Just like Dan is allowed to be frustrated by the situation with Chuck. Dan trusts Blair he proved that when he went back home instead of confronting her, but how would you feel if your girlfriend or boyfriend was hanging out with the ex that they’ve gone back to time and time again and not being as honest as they should be about it? That would mess with even the most secure person’s head some. I admit to wanting Dair to make it, but it’s about more than that for me. It’s about wanting Blair to break the cycle with Chuck and choose to repsect herself. If she stays with Dan awesome, if not well that sucks, but better alone than putting herself back into the mess that is Chair.

46. patti says:

Chuck and Blair,they love each other, and I want to see him finally give that ring to Blair, they have showed the audience twice. Dair is boring, When Dan said to Blair I love you it was pretty obviously there was nothing there, but friendship, and he is the one that sent the blast to GG when Blair said she loved Chuck, and lies to Blair so he is no saint either. Chuck and Blair are exciting, passionate and real, all through GG history. Look at William and Kate they broke up and got back together and got married. Besides Serena loves Dan that is obvious and she obviously needs him right now. Chuck and Blair, Dan and Serena, that is the way this should end.

47. gerald3dl says:

This show should just end so people will rest. After reading every comment here, i think i’m now too bummed out to post but i’ll just make my point. Chair fans go on about getting the couple back together then Dair fans oppose with the fact that chuck was horrible to her, then Dair fans just like the idea of something new finally but chair fans claim there’s no love there but friendship so that means blair should go back to chuck and be her old self again, but i’d just like to point out that they are not in high school anymore people actually do grow up you know. i’m not taking any sides cos for me i just watch it because it’s a great drama and i’d just want to remind you guys that this show is about the scandalous lives of UES elite at least thats what they say, so my point is without scandal this show is nothing, so please don’t blame the characters or the actors. And it’s obvious the writers have run out of ideas and even introducing new characters doesn’t seem to work out so please guys watch the show for what it is.

48. mittens says:

If they’re implying that they’re coming full circle back to the old relationships (Derena and/or Chair) on this show, that is really poor, and lazy writing. Derena had its run and so did Chair. It’s time to move on to something new and different (and freaking stay there). No wonder this show’s ratings are so low. The writers keep recycling storylines and couples. They say these characters are supposed to be growing up. Well, all I see is constant regression and immaturity and it’s incredibly irritating. I’m sick of the Chair back and forth and Derena is no longer even relevant. So what the bloody hell are they doing to this show? Do they even care anymore??

49. rubytu says:

Chuck is a complex character. Blair is a complex character. I wish her mom and step-father were in the series more! They are a great couple.
    But back to Chuck and Blair. I guess one dimensional characters are easier for some people to handle. I like their complexity and the complexity of their relationship. They’ve been growing up before our eyes. Yes, people make mistakes, horrible mistakes, and that’s a part of life and growth. Anyone who doesn’t make mistakes, are they real? How much can a person grow if they don’t make mistakes? It’s part of character. All the more reason that Chuck and Blair have a really deep relationship. Calling someone a name, labeling them, throwing them into a category, these things are the tactics people use to dismiss others, as if they aren’t worthy. Someone who makes a mistake is human. It’s what you do after that counts. Did they learn from their mistakes? Did they become better people?
    With Chuck and Blair, I think it’s safe to say that they did a lot of soul-searching, and kept growing and evolving.

50. e says:

Serena is the WORST “friend” and family member I have ever seen on this show. She is a vile, evil slut that betrays Blair again and again due to her extreme jealousy. Serena betrayed Blair MASSIVELY with Nate to begin with and then the entire show has had her plotting behind Blair’s back half the time. When she isn’t trying to hurt Blair, then she is trying to hurt other people: like her cousin Lola, again due to jealousy. What a nasty, ugly, skanky character – I can’t believe the writers have gone to the lowest depths again and destroyed Serena all over again.