CBS Renews CSI: NY, Cancels CSI: Miami, Unforgettable and Others; Rules Still on Bubble

Get More: Cancellations

CBS made call on all but one of its lingering “bubble” programs on Sunday, renewing CSI: NY for another season while pulling the plug on 10-year-old CSI: Miami and the freshman programs Unforgettable, Rob and NYC 22.

A decision has yet to be made on the Eye’s last “bubble” show, Rules of Engagement.

UPDATE: CBS reversed its decision on Unforgettable and renewed it for a Summer 2013 return — albeit with some cast changes.

RELATED | Fall TV: CBS Picks Up Seven Series, Including Sherlock Reboot, Michael Urie Sitcom

Of CSI: Miami‘s 10-year run, CBS said in a statement, “[It] leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

Check TVLine’s always-fresh Renewal Scorecard to see which shows are renewed, and which… aren’t.

Comments (418)

• They keep that stupid 2 1/2 Men and get rid of other really good shows like CSI Miami and unforgettable. what’s up with that?

Comment by TVWatcher – May 17, 2012 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that out of all the television shows that are out there that this one gets cancelled. It’s getting harder and harder to find a good show to watch without having to listen to reality drama and nonsence tv shows.

Comment by Karen – May 17, 2012 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why does all good shows that i like get cut? and crap like two and half men is still on!

Comment by Kat – May 19, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UNFORGETTABLE & CSI MIAMI ROCK!! THEY WERE MY FAVORITE SHOWS. FIGURES, MY 2 FAVORITES GET CANCELLED. I SO ENJOYED THEM, AND LOOKED FORWARD TO WATCHING THEM EVERY WEEK. PLEASE BRING BACK, NEW EPISODES OF UNFORGETTABLE AND CSI MIAMI. COME ON, BRING EM BACK!!!! HURRY!

Comment by Randee – May 20, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unforgettable was a great show, something different to boot. Rather than carrying on with something thats been arund since Abe Lincoln why couldnt they have given Unforgettable a second season? The characters, stories, effects… all were super!

Comment by Sunila Goray – May 20, 2012 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE CSI-NY AND CBS MADE THE RIGHT DECISION TO KEEP NY AND CANCEL MIAMA. MIAMI WAS SO BORING. I LOVE UNFORGETTABLE AND THINK CBS MADE THE WRONG DECISION. I HOPE USA OR TNT PICKS IT UP. I WILL DEFINITELY WATCH THE SHOW ON THOSE STATIONS. I ALSO LOVE BODY OF PROOF AND AM HAPPY IT WAS RENEWED FOR ANOTHER SEASON. TNT IS LOSING THE CLOSER AND WOULD DO WELL WITH UNFORGETTABLE.

Comment by KA – May 25, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can only conclude that the execs at CBS are whacked. They keep 2.5 Men in order to save face, but they cancel Unforgettable. I agree with the many who have expressed dismay at its cancellation. CBS, please reconsider your decision! TBS, TNT, NBC, ABC,…anybody out there?…please pick up this show!

Comment by Jennifer – May 27, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree wholeheartedly. Unforgettable was one of the best shows this season and CBS cancelled it. What were they thinking?

Comment by Sheryl Stokes – May 28, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS used to be just about the only channel I watched. Now it seems like I’m about to have to find other shows to watch. CSI Miami and Unforgettable and A Gifted Man! Wow, all at once ! None of the previews for those new shows interest me at all

Comment by Roni – May 28, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How sad to see UNFORGETTABLE axed. WHY? WHY? WHY?

Comment by Kathie – June 1, 2012 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We will not stand for this! Somebody please – bring back Unforgettable and Poppy
    Tired of stupid tv shows which as insulting – this show should have a long run – it’s a classic and has an enormous following. Don’t let us down – please?

Comment by Sean – June 2, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so disappointed with CBS, I really enjoyed CSI Miami and Unforgettable………why DON’T you ask the public. It seems that’s the least you could for the faithful who watch!!~Just saying………….

Comment by Doris nealey – June 2, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never comment on reviews but really… they could of gave this show a chance!!! First they remove Gifted Man, now Unforgettable!!! I’m going to have to start forgetting to watch TV!!! 2.5 men sucks and stays?????

Comment by RT – June 3, 2012 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PITCH UNFORGETTABLE TO ANY STATION AND WE’RE THERE. TIRED OF STUPID TV SHOWS. THIS WAS EXCELLENT, HAD A 13 MIL FAN BASE SHARE OF THE MARKET AND TREATED AUDIENCE AS INTELLIGENCE – A PLOT WITHIN A PLOT.
    MYSTERY LIKE HITCHCOCK – GREAT SCRIPTS AND ACTING AND LEFT US HANGING.
    HOW ARE YOUR RATINGS NOW CBS. POPPY RULED AND WAS A WONDERFUL HERO AND GREAT INSPIRATION FOR YOUNG GIRLS – WHAT’S NOT TO LIKE ABOUT UNFORGETTABLE. JUST THE PREMISE IS FASCINATING – THERE IS SUCH A NEUROLOGICAL DISORDER AS HYPERTHYMESIA – AMAZING THAT CBS THREW AWAY A SHOW THAT WAS GROWING IN EVERY WAY. EVEN MARK HARMON SAID NCIS GOT BETTER AS THE YEARS WENT ON – BOTH IN FRON AND BEHIND THE SCENES. THIS WAS RECOMMENDED FOR AN AWARD COMING OUT ON YEAR ONE.
    DON’T LEAVE US HANGING – BRING BACK A FIRST RATE SHOW – PLEASE – CABLE
    TNT – LIFETIME WHATEVER.

Comment by Sean – June 7, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really upset to hear Unforgettable as been cancelled, i hope they have a rethink. I didn`t know CSI MIAMI had been cancelled, till i read it here. Gutted about them both not coming back on. Brilliant shows.
    PLEASE DON`T CANCEL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by liz – June 8, 2012 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone please pick up unforgettable!!!!!!
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Nancy – June 10, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can think of a lot of shows CBS could have taken off the air and CSI Miami is not one of them. In my Florida Evans voice Damn!! Damn!! Damn.

Comment by Tanya – June 11, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t understand the logic in cancelling Unforgettable or CSI Miami. If the networks want people to purchase what they are advertising then put on commercials that appeal to all ages. People of all ages buy cars and technology, medications sorry if I don’t go to Subway everyday or play computer games. That said, a lot of people over the age of 45 have grandchildren and they are always shopping for thing they will like.

We are subjected to 4-5 five minute commercials in every one hour show. It is impossible for the development team to have a cohesive story in 40 minutes. Watch a rerun these days and you will be thinking, something is missing, because they cut it out.

Comment by Jane – June 12, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not understanding with all the bad reality tv shows CSI Miami gets cancelled and this is one of the main reasons I commiqt to CBS….CSI Miami stayed fresh and Horatio’s Dark Side was starting to come out when handling criminals….this is a fine kick in the privates while crap like 2 In A Half Men stills trudges along….BOO YOU GUYS SUCK!!!

Comment by DJ Dragon – June 14, 2012 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We will miss Unforgettable. It was a great show but seems they didn’t even give it a chance! CBS has made some very disappointing decisions the past few years. 2 1/2 men and 2 Broke Girls are not worth watching yet were kept. Go figure.

Comment by Toni Yuelkenbeck – June 19, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I already did. Did it go through?

Comment by Laura Turpan – June 25, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the heck. My 2 favorite programs Unforgetable and csi miami. Finally retire and get to in ? real time and they are pulled. CSI Miami was lke family yet new every time. Unforgettable was delightful — some humor and a new look at how to solve a crime. Loved the cast as well. I’m truely saddened. Barb

Comment by Barbara Kelly – June 27, 2012 10:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is such bull. You can renew two and a half men which sucks now, but cancel Csi: Miami like be serious that’s a veteran show a great series. I’m so disgusted with cbs

Comment by lizzie – July 1, 2012 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we can fix this if everyone were to boycott CBS for one week they would fold like a bad hand Lets do it

Comment by fred – July 5, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • csi miami…best show and u cancel it?……but u keep csi ny..double??..u just suck.and now have taught me to never be loyal to any show or any network..and im sure u dont care what i think but u just wait..theres ton like me

Comment by erin.meegan – July 16, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After reading through approximately 75 comments about 2 of my fav shows it seems the general consensus is that anything geered to persons with a brain OVER 40 are canceled. If u take the time CBS to actually LISTEN to our comments you might notice a trend. Us smart peoples make the dough to buy the advertised products. Commercials consist of 1) selling cars( 2) insurance for cars (3) investment companies (4) electronics of every kind (5)cell phone companies WHY DO YOU CUT OUT THE GENERATION OF BABY BOOMERS AND “ME” GENERATION? Somebody better start recalculating before all you do have are the generations that impulse purchase a new shampoo or listen to a debt consolidation ad.There’s not much left for me to tune in to CBS program or just tevo and edit out the commercials. NOT ALL OF US ARE SQUIRRELING AWAY FOR RETIREMENT. I don’t know about anyone else but I can have my cake and eat it too. I can afford the cars, insurance, electronics, cell phones, new styling product AND invest wisely for my future. WHAT’S THE POINT OF SAVING EVERYTHING. when you can get hit by a truck tomorrow. Put back the “good” shows you blithering IDIOTS.

Comment by Lisa – July 17, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It really bites the big one for canceling two good shows. I really loved watching them. I quit watching 2 and half men cause they killed off charlie. They need to bring them back. Quit changing our shows we love to watch….

Comment by jennifer alexander – July 22, 2012 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CSI: Miami and it is for sure my favorite of the 3. I watch all the reruns on amc now cuz there aren’t any new ones! I believe it was a terrible choice to cancel it and agree with everyone else that some of the shows that are on tv now-a-days are pointless and just for reality tv fame…bring back the great crime drama so I can watch horatio get those bad guys some more!!

Comment by Hallee Kansman – July 24, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m am really disappointed that they cancelled CSI:Miami That was the Only CSI I watched I hate all the rest. They had such a good cast and good stories I know they probably won’t read this at all but it truly is very sad that they cancelled it hope and wish they bring it back;(
    PLEASE BRING CSI:MIAMI I DEMAND! CBS WHAT YOU DID IS A DISSAPOINTMENT TO ALL PLLLEEEAAASSEE BRING IT BACK YOU HAVE NO IDEA What you guys did the show was such a HIT. By reading this I hope you guys change ur mind AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR US TO GET CSI MIAMI BACK ON ALL WE NEED TO DO IS DEMAND SO DEAMAND IF YOU WANT CSI MIAMI BACK ON AIR!:))

Comment by Suzan – July 25, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not believe CSI Miami has bee cancelled! It is my favorite show

Comment by Norma – August 6, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • mine to did another station pick it up?

Comment by christine staats – September 9, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why is unforgettable cancelled????!!!!!!!!!

Comment by justine – August 16, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sad that I’m forgettable will not care I really enjoyed that show maybe tnt can pick it up

Comment by Frannie – August 20, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sad that unforgettable will not air this season. I really enjoyed that show maybe tnt can pick it up

Comment by Frannie – August 20, 2012 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved CSI Miami. They worked so well together and I never missed an episode. It breaks my heart that they are not bringing it back.

Comment by C dittman – August 27, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cancell ’2 1/2 Men’ or put it to Saturdays along with the first CSI… put Unforgettable and CSI:Miami back on during prime time… problem solved…

Comment by Emma – August 27, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS Please Fix Your Mistake!!! you keep cancelling Good Shows and leaving the ‘garbage’ behind for us to view… PLEEEESE BRING BAAAAACK ‘CSI:MIAMI AND UNFORGETTABLE!!!

Comment by Emma – August 27, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please will another network pick unforgetable come on TNT u got me thre the summer months,,,,,,,do it againt…..perhaps csi miami too……..go network,,,,show your stuff””’

Comment by carole dorman – August 30, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i can’t believe they canceled csi miami i’ve watched it from the very 1st show but they keep dumb shows like the good wife on no wonder i watch my little dvd player all the time i would like to see another network picks it up and the actors will or want to come back

Comment by debra – September 4, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • u are so right……..unforgetable was a good show also….why all these other ‘REALITY” SHOWS donald trumph who cares..I also keep shows on my DVR..,,,,,,,,,so I can remember the good shows,,,,,,,,,,no wonder the big 3 ratings drop…TNT got me thru the summer

Comment by carole dorman – September 6, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i feel the same way

Comment by christine staats – September 9, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i cant believe it i watched from day one to what a misstack cbs made

Comment by christine staats – September 9, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • cbs and the other 2 “major” networks have made plenty of mistakes by cancelling good shows,,,tnt got me thru the summer season never watched any shows or recorded them on these 3 networks

Comment by carole dorman – September 10, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have been watching csi miami since it started i live in ny and did not watch csi ny i am so mad at cbs what were you thinking shame on you

Comment by christine staats – September 9, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • cbs obviously doesn’t know what it’s doing….maybe they need some new execs…..
      Hello…who wants reality shows…. are they cheaper to produce????? that’s it!!!!! money talks and you know what walks…….like the really good shows…..they want cheap cheap cheap

Comment by carole dorman – September 9, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked CSI miami and Unfogetteable why did you all take it off air why can’t you allput it back on monday and Tuesday night what your need to take off air your don’t

Comment by Marymax – September 24, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t be leave you would cancel CSI Miami and leave show that show to much for children to watch. This is a really good family show with its sister shows it makes my week go much better. PLEASE BRING IT BACK…….I like to try figuring out the criminals. It also helps re leave my stress. BRING IT BACK………………………….

Comment by karla johnson – September 28, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh brother …..now we have unlimited shows to watch…but now the presidential debates r going to hog the tv on wed. nites…criminal minds and law & order svu aren’t on ‘….. couldn’t they have picked Tues. nite when NOTHING is on……..who wants to watch 2 losers argue and lie…..and make empty promises……..

Comment by carole dorman – September 30, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Omg Carole I am totally with you on that one. Greys anatomy is a favorite of mine and I was so excited when it started again but I got 2 episodes and then had to wait 2 weeks cuz if the vp debate. 2 weeks ago criminal minds was not on. So annoying!!!

Comment by Alicia – October 13, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the evil eye of cbs is at it again now they’ve cancelled made in jersey…really after 2 shows…someone should poke their eye out …what the hell is wrong with these so called people….their reality shows suck……i hope the ratings fall into the sewer…….thank god for cable………another bad descison made by the evil eye

Comment by carole dorman – October 16, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am totally with you on that one. Greys anatomy is a favorite of mine and I was so excited when it started again but I got 2 episodes and then had to wait 2 weeks cuz if the vp debate. 2 weeks ago criminal minds was not on. So annoying!!!

Comment by Alicia – October 13, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS sucks……I really hope their ratings drop in the toilet……. and NBC is owned by Comcast…the worst company doing business in America…by ripping off comsumers……

Comment by carole dorman – September 30, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wait for the next season to start on all my favorite shows and then just when I think I am going to be able to watch my show, the network dummies take the show off tv. I wonder if they really know how stupid they are.

Comment by Frances – September 30, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they are very very stupid I wonder where their heads are…oh never mind I know

Comment by carole dorman – October 1, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think I’m allowed to describe how I really feel yep….now they’ve cancelled made in jersey after 2 shows……… they are worse than dummies mat their ratings fall to hell

Comment by carole dorman – October 16, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why in the world did CBS cancel CSi: MIAMI??? There are other shows that should have been cancelled or never renewed. How can you leave the fans hanging like that? I love Horatio Cane and the crew. I need more CSI MIAMI. Unforgettable is a great show! Bring it back…..

Comment by Kamara Copeland – September 30, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I no I’m late but after it didn’t come on I looked to see why. Now I am sad, sad, sad about CSI Miami, one of my favortie shows leaving. I also agree that 2 and a half men should be canceled as well as CSI NY, I just can’t get into it.

Comment by K Conner – September 30, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all the CSIs and both of the NCIS. I also loved Unforgettable. I can not belive that they canceled it. I hope that both CSI Miami and Unforgettable come back in the fall. I will miss them both.

Comment by Jen – October 5, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! What the… I can’t believe they cancelled CSI Miami. I didn’t even know until now. Usually when a season ends, I just wait for it to come back. But since the other CSI’s are back, I figured I’d look into this one. CSI Miami is one of my ultimate favorite shows (along with a number of the other Prime Time shows). I never really liked CSI NY, but the last season or two, I’ve become to like it. CSI Las Vegas has gone down hill since the original cast started to leave, I still enjoy the show, but I think CSI Miami was really the best. It still had the original cast. I guess I’ll be shopping for the past seasons on dvd.

I really enjoyed Unforgettable too. I wanted to find out what happened to Karie’s sister Rachel.

CBS, please don’t take any more of these good Prime Time shows. Yes, I love these crime shows (NCIS, NCIS LA, CSI NY, LV, Miami, Hawaii 5-0 & Criminal Minds. I record them every week on my DVR, because I’m usually really busy with my son during the week and don’t stay up late, because we get up really early the next morning. But I always spend a day on my weekend to cozy up and catch up on them all (while my son is gone visiting his father).

CBS, I’m sad you keep taking really good shows away. Every time I turn around one of my favorite shows gets cancelled. If you want to cancel something, cancel Sharon Newman from Y&R. Thank you!!

Comment by Kat Medina – November 9, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love my criminal minds and all of the csi shows, it has not been the same without Horatio! Get rid of 2 and a 1/2 men, it is so stupid without Charlie Sheen and bring back csi miami
    Why does cbs cancel all of the great shows and leave the stupid ones ? This is why I hate getting involved in watching this channel, they always do this

Comment by jenn – January 9, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the CSI episode where one girl died and as she was pushed in to the freezer thing can’t remember the exact name ME’S give it but a song played;called”I wanna go home” what’s the songs actual name? I had something like that happen while i was in PS please play that show episode one more time please!

Comment by michael smith – January 14, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post