CBS Renews CSI: NY, Cancels CSI: Miami, Unforgettable and Others; Rules Still on Bubble

Get More: Cancellations

CBS made call on all but one of its lingering “bubble” programs on Sunday, renewing CSI: NY for another season while pulling the plug on 10-year-old CSI: Miami and the freshman programs Unforgettable, Rob and NYC 22.

A decision has yet to be made on the Eye’s last “bubble” show, Rules of Engagement.

UPDATE: CBS reversed its decision on Unforgettable and renewed it for a Summer 2013 return — albeit with some cast changes.

RELATED | Fall TV: CBS Picks Up Seven Series, Including Sherlock Reboot, Michael Urie Sitcom

Of CSI: Miami‘s 10-year run, CBS said in a statement, “[It] leaves an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’s rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers – led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of CSI: Miami in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come.

Check TVLine’s always-fresh Renewal Scorecard to see which shows are renewed, and which… aren’t.

Comments (419)

• I love CSI: Miami! They should not cancle it.. I may quit watching all of the other shows on CBS now! The ratings would have been better if they had not switched it to Sunday night.. it was always getting pre-empted due to football games!!! Please re-think this and KEEP CSI: MIAMI ON!! I hope some other channel will pick it up for new episodes.. I will start watching that channel all the time! This is an awesome show with all of the original characters except for speedle!!

Comment by Dee Ann Edson – May 13, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least Miami was interesting, loopy but interesting. New York is always boring. Maybe the could put The Mentalist back on Tuesdays where it belongs. As for Unforgettable, why couldn’t they produce a two hour show to tie up he ending and give fans closure?

Comment by Cath – May 13, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about moving the Mentalist…too many stupid sports shows run overtime…… but cbs is a screw up and they don’t know their A– from their heads….but then there is nothing in their heads anyway…may their ratings fall in the toilet

Comment by carole dorman – October 22, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you freaking kidding me? I loved Unforgettable. Now we will never get any closure on what happened to Rachel. I really hope another network picks it up. I don’t understand why it was cancelled… Didn’t it have pretty good ratings and win its timeslot most of the time?

Comment by BonesFringeFan – May 13, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • cbs scews every thing up may someone poke their eye out they think everyone wants to watch their stupid ” reality” shows…..there is dumb and then there is dumber…what is tv coming too..I quess that they are pushing people to read books for entertainment…..

Comment by carole dorman – October 22, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks CBS! CSI:NY rules!

Comment by Kriszta – May 13, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they cancelled unforgettable and CSI Miami, but renewed CSI New York! Plus they picked up that ridiculous series Elementary. Thank god they didn’t cancel Person of interest!

Comment by GM – May 13, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a bad gig for Caruso, a one liner per episode in 10 years! …glad for CSI NY.

Comment by tahina – May 13, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say, I’m a little surprised CSI:NY will return. However, I’m glad we’ll get at least one more season. It’s my favourite out of the three and the recent episodes have renewed my dwindling interest. Wise choice, CBS.

Comment by Lisa – May 13, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the first set of cancellation decisions that I’ve had no issue with. NY is my fave CSI, so I’m glad that it was Miami and not NY. Unforgettable was Ok, but nothing extraordinary. NYC 22 was also fine, but it was really not needed with Blue Bloods and CSI: NY on the same network.

Comment by Andrea – May 13, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agh CBS i stopped watching you ever since you Cancelled Ghost Whisperer and Medium… Unforgetable won its timeslot every week as so did Ghost Whisperer what the hell did you guys want lol

Comment by Andres – May 13, 2012 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They scewed up again…so what’s new…may their ratings fall..big time

Comment by carole dorman – October 22, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What really sucks is how the ratings work. They take 250 homes and if say 25 people watch the show, that is 10% of that statistic. Then they say that means that 10% of America watches the show. In other words the percentage to how many people watches the show are so screwed up. So a really good show could be canceled because only 5 homes watch it but in reality much more than 2% of the population watches the show. Also if say 100 of the 250 homes watch it that could be too high compared to reality. In my opinion that sucks and so unfair to shows all around. I’m sad about Unforgettable because I’ll really miss it and I didn’t watch the other shows regulary so I can’t say much about them. Whatever CBS and I guess all the networks just really suck sometimes.

Comment by Stefanie – May 13, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lost a lot of shows I like this season, but CBS made the right call here. CSI NY is the best of the two CSIs, largely due to the cast. Unforgettable was dire. Good decision.

Comment by sarah – May 13, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS makes the most money from the big advertisers who target the younger audience to sell their products. These advertisers are not interested in the older audience. I don’t agree with it, it’s just the way it is. It wouldn’t matter if Unforgettable had a weekly audience of 15 million. The advertisers won’t get a good enough return on their money.

It’s not the first time a show with good audience figures (Without A Trace; Ghost Whisperer for example) and it certainly won’t be the last. But when it comes down to it, CBS has no loyalty to it’s viewers – it ALWAYS comes down to money.

Comment by Chloe – May 13, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What out CBS – you’re beginning to make some BONEHEAD moves…I remember once when NBC was King, they canceled JAG (which moved to CBS) and it was all downhill from there – and they have remained since :( you’re on your way to making yourself as popular as NBC

Comment by Belle – May 13, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy CSI NY was renewed! Hope it remains in Fridays with Blue Bloods!

Comment by sarah – May 13, 2012 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very huge mistake by CBS to remove CSI: Miami. It was better than CSI: New York, i still like the mothership the best. Even if you hated the show you can appreciate that any show on the air for 10 years and raking in ratings like they were for that long deserved a pre determined finale that wrapped everything up. Any network that screws over a show that helped make them #1 the last decade is bound to do it again. If the CSI franchise is treated this way why wouldn’t they do that to shows half as successful like The Mentalist, The Good Wife or Person of Interest? Horrible decision!

Comment by jonathon – May 13, 2012 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unforgettable was forgettable; hence, it’s cancellation. Poppy can’t do an American accent to save her life. She was fine on WAT for awhile; then she lost it and hasn’t found it since.

CSI: Miami should have been put out of it’s misery 7 years ago.

Comment by TMZ – May 13, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like their numbers… *sunglasses* …are up.

Comment by TigerNightmare – May 13, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope “Rules of Engagement” makes it. I resisted it when it shared the time slot with “New/old Christine” because I was rooting for “Christine” to keep on going. But now, as I tune in, it’s getting better and better.” Please renew! I don’t watch many shows on CBS, but this is a keeper for me.

Comment by acumindeft – May 13, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really, really disappointed by decision to cancel “Unforgettable”. I thought it was doing well, considering it really wasn’t hyped or promoted like other fledgeling shows. Excellent cast too. Big shame. Boo to CBS for not having the guts to give it at least another season.

Comment by Lesley – May 13, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not believe they cancelled Cai Miami,unforgetable,a gifted man and nyc22,what jerks chat people are.

Comment by melanie – May 13, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I admit I love Unforgettable and CSI: NY. To me CSI: Miami was the CSI I never watched.

Comment by classdepartments – May 13, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not at all surprised about Miami, it’s being going downhill for quite some time now. But why on earth would they keep NY?

Comment by Ashley – May 13, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad they renewed CSI:NY. It’s the only show on CBS I watch on a regular basis. I tried to watch Unforgettable because I adore Kevin Rankin, but I just didn’t like the show at all and couldn’t stick with it.

Comment by Tracy – May 13, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well Poppy married someone to stay in the country then ditched him, she should have married a producer…..lol! Adios poppy the show sucked at the end. Adios CSI Miami…..when speed died at the end of season 2 you lost your edge. They should have canned NY as well. Sela ruined what was already a dying show.

Comment by dan – May 13, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved NYC 22!!! CBS didn’t even give it a chance or promote it much! I fell in love with the episode from the first episode

Comment by Lani – May 13, 2012 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im gonna miss csi miami, feels strange that its canceled now, csi miami has been on for half my life since i was 11 years old, did the season finale of season 10 leave us with a cliffhanger?

Comment by freddy – May 14, 2012 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeeeeees! I was so surprised and thrilled to see that CBS decided to keep CSI:NY, I was already mourning the loss. Best news of the week, CSI:NY is much better than CSI Miami acting-wise and quality-wise.

Comment by Virginie – May 14, 2012 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS knew that Gary Sinise was going to have a 60 Minutes segment on all the charity work he does for disabled veterans. Could you imagine the uproar if they announced at the same time they were canning his show? Then again, between NY and Miami, NY is a better show now.

Comment by Bob – May 14, 2012 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They saved the wrong CSI. Horatio, Delko, Callie… I’m gonna miss my weekly cool cop fix!!

Comment by Kimm – May 14, 2012 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, they got rid of that crappy show CSI Miami. David Caurso is a terrible actor and is all ego. He got Kim Delany fired from the show early on because she was a threat to ego.
    I just hope I don’t see him again for a very long time. Good Ridence

Comment by Anthony – May 14, 2012 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they also keep Rules of Engagement. Never fail to laugh at that show … always something I can identify in something one of the characters does in any given episode.

Comment by SoFla – May 14, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The whole “demo” thing, just like the Nielson system in general, is total crap and needs serious retooling. I don’t think it’s fair that a show can get 20 million viewers but if they’re all old, it’s not considered successful. And the select few with Nielson boxes clearly should not represent the whole country.

Comment by Mikael – May 14, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree I record my shows on my DVR so I can skip the commericals…..so screw them
      Neilson ratings are a screw up also..it does not represent the majority of tv viewers

Comment by carole dorman – October 22, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Unforgetable!! Shame on you CBS!! I hope TV Land or Lifetime pick up these shows no wonder the networks are doing so badly , sometimes I don’t thenk the people picking the show to keep have the sense GOD gave a goose!

Comment by eileen – May 14, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS made the wrong decision, they should have renewed CSI:MIAMI and cancel CSI:NY.

Comment by Suzy – May 14, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT!? CSI: Miami? Honestly! On one hand networks don’t give some shows a chance and on the other they cancel shows that have been on for years, It seems to me that they make deciisions on their on opinions. And who wants to watch reruns on another channel? WAKE UP! 10 years! Doesn’t that account for anything? WOW, I just checked and its already been taken off On Demand! I sure don’t remember a proper “series finale” There really ought to be a law that every show MUST have an ending with closure. Don’t you just hate to read a book with the lst chapter or page missing? That’s what it feels like! GRRRRRRRRR!

Comment by Suzanne Lane – May 14, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really loved Unforgettable. I was hoping it wouldn’t get cancelled. It won its timeslot every night. I wish advertisers stopped going for the 18-34 crowd. While I am 34 and I turn 35 this year, I am still a person they should want to market to. I hate the system that is in place to determine good shows from bad. I wish another network would pick it up. If NBC had a show with as many viewers they would keep it. It would be one of the more successful shows on their list.

Comment by MJ – May 14, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unforgettable gone? Damn shame, CBS. Bad move, bad, bad move.

Comment by Kim – May 14, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • leave it to CBS canceling another two great shows CSI Miami and unforgettable maybe its time to stop watching CBS in general nice job CBS

Comment by jvpjr – May 14, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No!! Not Unforgettable. Truly the only hour show I watched religiously while on the elliptical. That show literally made the time on the elliptical fly by. I really hope somebody picks this show up. BOO CBS!! Bad call!! And , speaking of ‘bad calls’…..2 1/2 men renewed….really?!?

Comment by Aimee – May 14, 2012 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad CSI NY was renewed they have the better stories and great all round cast with fantastic chemistry.. Each week I look forward to the show. Sad They should have kept Unforgettable was definitely better than Miami.

Miami I enjoyed scenes with Togo, Proctor, & Miller together they at least had chemistry. They needed to get rid of Caruso years ago along with, LaRue, and Delgao..

Comment by WakeupNetworks – May 14, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They cancelled CSI Miami? That made my day, maybe there are TV gods after all…That show had the worst actors ever.

Comment by guest – May 14, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised this show lasted as long as it did, with Caruso’s TERRIBLE acting. Good call choosing NY over Miami.

Comment by Ella – May 14, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you know what will be unforgettable? the forthcoming butchering of Sherlock Holmes. it will haunt us for years to come. if i promised to watch csi miami would they bring it back instead of destroying Sherlock Holmes? lesser of the evils. not at all surprised they cancelled the rookie blue rip-off.

Comment by jessica – May 15, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to love CSI: Miami, but CBS killed it when they moved it to Sunday nights. They really need to figure out how to handle their Sunday primetime lineup when sports runs long (which it almost always does). I DVR all of my favorite shows and hardly ever watch them live, so I could never watch a full episode from it (yes, I know that I could watch it on-demand, but it’s easy to forget about a show when it’s not right there on your recorded programs).

Going to miss CSI: Miami but also happy that CSI: NY will get at least one more season to wrap up its run. Both shows have been great but I especially enjoy the NYC block with CSI:NY and Blue Bloods.

I also think that CBS needs to have an iPad app with streaming full episodes by next fall. A lot of people are starting to watch their favorite shows that way and CBS (and FOX, for that matter) need to get with the program!

Comment by Dan Haya – May 15, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anyone else surprised that CSI: Miami got cancelled? I thought they would at least give it an official final season….

Comment by Spencer – May 15, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unforgettable was hurt by the fact that the main character was just not likeable in the least. She was bully.

Comment by J – May 15, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m very upset with cbs about unforgettable. it was different and unique. its ratings were good but I guess that doesnt matter. I definitely will not be watching cbs in sept. hopefully someone does pick it up.

Comment by heather – May 15, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would be glad if someother network picked up unforgettable

Comment by angelia – May 15, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I recently lost my dad & NOW they canceled csi miami? After loosing my dad I FINALLY found happiness again in csi miami now since its cancelation i cant take it anymore. Too much heartache. I had a very personal connection to csi miami & jonathan togo. I will always cherish csi miami & jonathan togo 4 EVER! GOOD LUCKTO ALL THE GREAT TALENTED CAST IN THE FUTURE! Jonathan togo i love u with EVERY fiber of my being ur my hero my idol just like my dad. :( I will NEVER 4give cbs 4 this EVER!!!

Comment by sarah – May 15, 2012 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI Miami was HORRIBLE. Caruso as a bad ass just doesn’t fly. Unforgettable was good, but all of you 50 somethings claiming cbs and advertisers shouldn’t ignore you because of your purchasing power are missing the point: when was the last time you changed your buying habits? I’m 29 and I still drink the same beer, use the same deodorant, same shampoo and conditioner, wear the same jeans, shop at the same stores, etc. Etc. Etc. That I have bought/used/wore/shopped at for 10 15, 20 years. Sorry, but advertisers know your opinions are set in stone so your viewership means precisely dick.

Comment by mike – May 15, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post