Patrick Wilson Confirms Gifted Man Cancellation, Insists 'I Couldn't Be Happier'

A Gifted Man CancelledAlthough CBS has yet to officially confirm, A Gifted Man lead Patrick Wilson took to Twitter Saturday to confirm that the rookie drama has indeed been cancelled.

“So…shocking to no one, [A Gifted Man] is done,” he wrote. “Found out via email…and not from the network. Stay classy. Thanks to AGM fans! Great cast/crew!”

Wilson then admitted that he “couldn’t be happier” by the news, adding, “As good as it was (sometimes) it was not what I signed on for.”

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

1. Tinabenita says:

Can’t believe it was cancelled!!!! I just watched all 16 episode in 2 nights and looked to see when it was coming back on. I think it was a great show.

2. I really enjoyed the show. I wish you would reconsider and produce session II. We need good shows, they are hard to find these days.

3. Gayle says:

loved the show, i found it entertaining.. : )

4. m Manning says:

Excellent show! I learned so much from each episode. I don’t have a TV…watched it on Netflix. I has been looking for more episode…sad to learn that it was cancelled. :(

5. Bernadine Hampton says:

Love the show! Everyone in it was great! Would have love it to gone on… Not a lot of good series out…

6. Nehj Jhen says:

Wow i can’t believe how many people on here are gay bashing, homophobic, biggoted dick bags. Its because of crap like that that we have so many issues in this country.

7. josh b says:

I just discovered this in Netflix and our family enjoy watching the 6 episodes so far (in 2 days). I don’t work in the medical field but the way they presented different stories of ordinary people relating to the medical field has caught our interest. We need TV programs like this. Just a shame they cancelled it but I’m still hoping writers of programs like this should continue and make them.

8. Judy bolen says:

Love love love this show. Please bring back

9. Jose Suarez says:

I live in the UK. watched Gifted Man on line. It helps people realize things in life, very inspirational, motivating, teaches morality, gives people most of all hope in life. CBS need to open their eyes, if they do, they will realize how people would help, support and keep watching CBS. Hey guys open your eyes, if you can not, let the doctor help cure you CBS, who knows, he would be your cure and medicine.
    comment by Jose, London, UK- March 25, 2013.

10. Shawn brock says:

Network TV is done. It cannot sustain itself without 10 million plus viewers per show. Cable has figured out the new formula. Thats why the best serial drama is there vs. episodic one-and-done drivel that most networks keep trying to push. Fox (with The Following in particular) is trying to figure this out, and may succeed. Bring A Gifted Man back amd let it be the show it was meant to be.

11. mykael says:

I loved the show I wish they never canceled it my favorite character with kate cuz I think she is so beautiful, I think of kate as my future wife

12. Soi says:

Just saw all of season one on Netflix. Loved it. I am so sad it was cancelled.

13. ANU PRIYA says:

IT WAS AN AMAAAZZING SHOW. VERY SAD THAT IT GOT CANCELLED. THE GREATEST THING ABOUT THE SHOW WAS THAT IT WAS A MEDICAL SHOW AND IT JUSTIFIED ITS PURPOSE(NOT LIKE PRIVATE PRACTICE, WHERE THE CHARACTERS ARE ALWAYS RAMBLING TO FIND SOMEBODY TO HOOK UP WITH). CBS, YOU NEED TO LEARN TO MAKE A GOOD JUDGEMENT ABOUT SHOWS. I JUST FEEL THAT THE SHOW HAD A LOT OF POTENTIAL AND PATRICK WILSON IS A VERY FINE ACTOR. THE SHOW CLEARLY DESERVED AT LEAST ONE MORE SEASON.

14. better skin says:

Hi, thanks for sharing.

15. riley says:

we been waiting for this show to come back on for almost a year I nearly had enough time to watch all of them I would be delighted for it to come back on. + *** hopefully !!!!!!!!!!!!***

16. riley says:

come on we so loved that show you guess always turn on a amazing show then BOOM ! it’s gone S T O P!!!!!!!!!!!

17. MLou says:

very dissappointed to hear this show isn’t coming back. my husband and I both loved watching it on Friday nights. Now there is nothing good on.

18. MLou says:

they brought back Drop Dead Dive (yay) Maybe bring this back???

19. K arts says:

Enjoyed the show and miss it.

20. Well said. I couldn’t agree more. This show was original and smart. I too loved the fact that they mixed science and religion. Although Patrick’s character was a Dr., and all about the science side of medicine, he struggled much with the religious aspect of it. As others have mentioned, I discovered this show on Netflix, purely by accident, and liked the synopsis, so I watched it. The few episodes that there were had me excited about the next ones. Patrick Wilson was the perfect man to play this character too. I really miss it, and wish that the network, ANY network, would pick it back up for those of us who enjoyed it. The cast worked perfectly together to make this show as good as it was. I hope someone sees the outpouring of love for this show and brings it back for all of us, with taste, to enjoy once again.

21. AsiM says:

I am really sorry they had to cancel it.. I loved that show!

22. eri says:

lee y me rio de ustedes. lo que pasa es que todos somos culpables somos los que le damos audiencia a mucha porqueria en la tv y cuando hay algo bueno no lo apoyamos despues escribimos comentatarios de odios por que los cancelan… hipocritas si les gusta halgo bueno apoyenlos

23. Giancarlo says:

As usual they take off their best to leave the worst series.

24. Dottie says:

I loved it! One of the best ever. I guess the fact that there was so sex, bad language and perversion in it was the reason it was cancelled. That is what has happened to tv. This was a clean, decent, interesting show. So sad people don’t want that kind of show anymore.

25. Ann B. says:

I just recently finished all 16 episodes on Netflix… & absolutely can’t get enough! When I went looking for season 2, I ended up here… Upset & disappointed w/ the rest of the AGM fans… Why, why, why??? It’s not to late to change the course… Please resuscitate!!!

26. Alberto says:

Great, love it it had great actors and morals, something that our society needs

27. luis says:

Great show great acting bad CBS

28. Party says:

No, Big Bang theory can quite literally suck my balls. Not funny. Just wanted to throw that out there.

29. Melody Ayala says:

Just watched A gifted Man on netflix, may I say the best I’ve seen on a regular channel.
    I hope they make a second season of A gifted Man.

Im bummed that show had me hooked. Staying up late to watch it because I loved all the drama it had.

Please please bring A gifted Man back.

30. Michelle says:

Cant stand it when these TV series get cancelled, could you not at least have some sort of ending to the story…loved A gifted man!

31. Patricia says:

I LOVED this show!! Watched it on Netflix recently and am SAD there won’t be another season! I wonder why others feel it wasn’t good enough?? It seemed a little corny the first couple episodes, but then I fell in love and I am a picky one about the shows I watch and love! I think this show beats soo many others! It was inspiring and touching and great actors. Hope they change their minds.

32. sonya says:

I loved this show! Just found it and Netflix and watched it almost back to back to back…why, when an intelligent, interesting, slightly out there show comes out it just can’t sustain?? Does everyone want reality shows or fake laugh tracks ad nauseam? And the paranormal side was a good twist. The actors were all phenomenal and believable, even the clinic patients in their short appearances. Yet another show I couldn’t wait to see more of cancelled. I may have to quit watching tv soon.

33. Nasser khan says:

Hey we know it’s a long time, but why cancel a show that everybody loves?big big mistake.

34. charmian says:

I am heart sore that they cancelled it I found it better than most series. Bring it back. #agiftedman#crying#lovedthatshow

35. I loved the show as well. Great cast and many great guest appearances …

36. lulu says:

A Gifted Man rocks! Just started it on netflix. So much excitement and morally clean. Dr. Holt is fabulous and supporting actors are great as well. Sucks that the show ends after only 16 episodes. CBS got it wrong by cancelling!

37. william witt says:

I dont watch much tv found a gifted man on netfiex and loved it its a shame that cbs would drop this show maybe netflex should produce a gifted man bad choice cbs get a better staff

38. Tammy LaTeano says:

I just finished watching A Gifted Man, I really enjoyed watching it on netflix! (Due to i dont have cable nor will i ever, no need, local tv stations are all we need!)I looked forward to watching that show. Patrick is an awesome actor, sorry to here he was unhappy about the show. I hope there can be a similar style of the show in the future! It was more than just another doctor show!!!