Patrick Wilson Confirms Gifted Man Cancellation, Insists 'I Couldn't Be Happier'

Get More: Cancellations, News

A Gifted Man CancelledAlthough CBS has yet to officially confirm, A Gifted Man lead Patrick Wilson took to Twitter Saturday to confirm that the rookie drama has indeed been cancelled.

“So…shocking to no one, [A Gifted Man] is done,” he wrote. “Found out via email…and not from the network. Stay classy. Thanks to AGM fans! Great cast/crew!”

Wilson then admitted that he “couldn’t be happier” by the news, adding, “As good as it was (sometimes) it was not what I signed on for.”

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Comments (209)

• Can’t believe it was cancelled!!!! I just watched all 16 episode in 2 nights and looked to see when it was coming back on. I think it was a great show.

Comment by Tinabenita – February 27, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed the show. I wish you would reconsider and produce session II. We need good shows, they are hard to find these days.

Comment by Mishkat Al Moumin – March 2, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved the show, i found it entertaining.. : )

Comment by Gayle – March 11, 2013 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent show! I learned so much from each episode. I don’t have a TV…watched it on Netflix. I has been looking for more episode…sad to learn that it was cancelled. :(

Comment by m Manning – March 11, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! Everyone in it was great! Would have love it to gone on… Not a lot of good series out…

Comment by Bernadine Hampton – March 12, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow i can’t believe how many people on here are gay bashing, homophobic, biggoted dick bags. Its because of crap like that that we have so many issues in this country.

Comment by Nehj Jhen – March 13, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just discovered this in Netflix and our family enjoy watching the 6 episodes so far (in 2 days). I don’t work in the medical field but the way they presented different stories of ordinary people relating to the medical field has caught our interest. We need TV programs like this. Just a shame they cancelled it but I’m still hoping writers of programs like this should continue and make them.

Comment by josh b – March 19, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love love this show. Please bring back

Comment by Judy bolen – March 24, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I live in the UK. watched Gifted Man on line. It helps people realize things in life, very inspirational, motivating, teaches morality, gives people most of all hope in life. CBS need to open their eyes, if they do, they will realize how people would help, support and keep watching CBS. Hey guys open your eyes, if you can not, let the doctor help cure you CBS, who knows, he would be your cure and medicine.
    comment by Jose, London, UK- March 25, 2013.

Comment by Jose Suarez – March 25, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Network TV is done. It cannot sustain itself without 10 million plus viewers per show. Cable has figured out the new formula. Thats why the best serial drama is there vs. episodic one-and-done drivel that most networks keep trying to push. Fox (with The Following in particular) is trying to figure this out, and may succeed. Bring A Gifted Man back amd let it be the show it was meant to be.

Comment by Shawn brock – March 30, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the show I wish they never canceled it my favorite character with kate cuz I think she is so beautiful, I think of kate as my future wife

Comment by mykael – April 1, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just saw all of season one on Netflix. Loved it. I am so sad it was cancelled.

Comment by Soi – April 1, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IT WAS AN AMAAAZZING SHOW. VERY SAD THAT IT GOT CANCELLED. THE GREATEST THING ABOUT THE SHOW WAS THAT IT WAS A MEDICAL SHOW AND IT JUSTIFIED ITS PURPOSE(NOT LIKE PRIVATE PRACTICE, WHERE THE CHARACTERS ARE ALWAYS RAMBLING TO FIND SOMEBODY TO HOOK UP WITH). CBS, YOU NEED TO LEARN TO MAKE A GOOD JUDGEMENT ABOUT SHOWS. I JUST FEEL THAT THE SHOW HAD A LOT OF POTENTIAL AND PATRICK WILSON IS A VERY FINE ACTOR. THE SHOW CLEARLY DESERVED AT LEAST ONE MORE SEASON.

Comment by ANU PRIYA – April 3, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, thanks for sharing.

Comment by better skin – April 9, 2013 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we been waiting for this show to come back on for almost a year I nearly had enough time to watch all of them I would be delighted for it to come back on. + *** hopefully !!!!!!!!!!!!***

Comment by riley – April 9, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • come on we so loved that show you guess always turn on a amazing show then BOOM ! it’s gone S T O P!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by riley – April 10, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • very dissappointed to hear this show isn’t coming back. my husband and I both loved watching it on Friday nights. Now there is nothing good on.

Comment by MLou – April 12, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they brought back Drop Dead Dive (yay) Maybe bring this back???

Comment by MLou – April 12, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enjoyed the show and miss it.

Comment by K arts – May 8, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well said. I couldn’t agree more. This show was original and smart. I too loved the fact that they mixed science and religion. Although Patrick’s character was a Dr., and all about the science side of medicine, he struggled much with the religious aspect of it. As others have mentioned, I discovered this show on Netflix, purely by accident, and liked the synopsis, so I watched it. The few episodes that there were had me excited about the next ones. Patrick Wilson was the perfect man to play this character too. I really miss it, and wish that the network, ANY network, would pick it back up for those of us who enjoyed it. The cast worked perfectly together to make this show as good as it was. I hope someone sees the outpouring of love for this show and brings it back for all of us, with taste, to enjoy once again.

Comment by Minette Albertson Meyer – May 13, 2013 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really sorry they had to cancel it.. I loved that show!

Comment by AsiM – May 19, 2013 03:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lee y me rio de ustedes. lo que pasa es que todos somos culpables somos los que le damos audiencia a mucha porqueria en la tv y cuando hay algo bueno no lo apoyamos despues escribimos comentatarios de odios por que los cancelan… hipocritas si les gusta halgo bueno apoyenlos

Comment by eri – May 30, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As usual they take off their best to leave the worst series.

Comment by Giancarlo – June 2, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it! One of the best ever. I guess the fact that there was so sex, bad language and perversion in it was the reason it was cancelled. That is what has happened to tv. This was a clean, decent, interesting show. So sad people don’t want that kind of show anymore.

Comment by Dottie – June 16, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I definitely agree with you. It was the type of show that a family can watch together. It said that family shows don’t last long and that trashy shows win more viewers.

Comment by Mei Ling Ferrell – September 18, 2013 01:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just recently finished all 16 episodes on Netflix… & absolutely can’t get enough! When I went looking for season 2, I ended up here… Upset & disappointed w/ the rest of the AGM fans… Why, why, why??? It’s not to late to change the course… Please resuscitate!!!

Comment by Ann B. – June 24, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great, love it it had great actors and morals, something that our society needs

Comment by Alberto – June 28, 2013 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show great acting bad CBS

Comment by luis – July 11, 2013 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No, Big Bang theory can quite literally suck my balls. Not funny. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Comment by Party – September 13, 2013 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just watched A gifted Man on netflix, may I say the best I’ve seen on a regular channel.
    I hope they make a second season of A gifted Man.

Im bummed that show had me hooked. Staying up late to watch it because I loved all the drama it had.

Please please bring A gifted Man back.

Comment by Melody Ayala – October 2, 2013 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant stand it when these TV series get cancelled, could you not at least have some sort of ending to the story…loved A gifted man!

Comment by Michelle – January 9, 2014 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED this show!! Watched it on Netflix recently and am SAD there won’t be another season! I wonder why others feel it wasn’t good enough?? It seemed a little corny the first couple episodes, but then I fell in love and I am a picky one about the shows I watch and love! I think this show beats soo many others! It was inspiring and touching and great actors. Hope they change their minds.

Comment by Patricia – February 13, 2014 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show! Just found it and Netflix and watched it almost back to back to back…why, when an intelligent, interesting, slightly out there show comes out it just can’t sustain?? Does everyone want reality shows or fake laugh tracks ad nauseam? And the paranormal side was a good twist. The actors were all phenomenal and believable, even the clinic patients in their short appearances. Yet another show I couldn’t wait to see more of cancelled. I may have to quit watching tv soon.

Comment by sonya – March 2, 2014 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post