Patrick Wilson Confirms Gifted Man Cancellation, Insists 'I Couldn't Be Happier'

Get More: Cancellations, News

A Gifted Man CancelledAlthough CBS has yet to officially confirm, A Gifted Man lead Patrick Wilson took to Twitter Saturday to confirm that the rookie drama has indeed been cancelled.

“So…shocking to no one, [A Gifted Man] is done,” he wrote. “Found out via email…and not from the network. Stay classy. Thanks to AGM fans! Great cast/crew!”

Wilson then admitted that he “couldn’t be happier” by the news, adding, “As good as it was (sometimes) it was not what I signed on for.”

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Comments (209)

• please don’t cancel the show, it’s so good, every one loves it and so do I, I’d very much like to see all the episodes of upcoming seasons,

Comment by sarbagya – August 29, 2012 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am devastated that it is being cancelled!!!!! I loved the show.

Comment by Cleon Brown – August 30, 2012 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am devastated over the cancellation of this show. I really loved it. These tv station really need to get their priorities in order…,.I hate reality tv, it’s just a joke! Not happy from Down Under Australia!! :(

Comment by Katherine – September 2, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I started watching the show on the tv, i fell in love with it and i had to downloaded it in my computer. I just finished watching, cant believe it has been cancelled, thats so sad!
    Well, i guess i’ll watch it over and over again till get tired.

Regards from Argentina.

Comment by Melanie – September 5, 2012 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHYYYYYY!!!! no no no!!!! i love that show

Comment by jennyfer – September 12, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am becoming a little more than pissed about all these cancellations. This was a wonder show, I was so looking forward to the season premier and now I discover that there isn’t one! I am sick of all the reality tv crap!!!! Stop airing great shows and then leaving everyone hanging!! Network jackasses!!!!!!!!’

Comment by Kim – September 23, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree another crappy reality show. ONly so many stupid in the world. You would think they would run out by now. Or rich lazy people with no personalities that never worked a day in their lives. I hate these useless program. At least this program had a plot. I think some networks have forgot what a plot is. Susan

Comment by Susan – October 2, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My sister and I loved the show! We would text each other – “did u c that?, OMG!, ” these main channels of ABC, CBS, NBC. Have lost my interest. Majority of the shows I watch are on USA.
    Not to mention…. when they cancel a show they always end up putting the same actors back on, Hello?!?!? Why do you think a show flopped? People didn’t care for the cast. This of course is my opinion.

Comment by Allison – September 24, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with Jeanne that AGM and Terra Nova were two of the best shows on TV. My wife and I were regular watchers. Seems my favorites are always cancelled. At least The Firm is coming back in January; great and exciting show! Will miss Patrick and the rest of AGM.

Comment by Jerry – October 2, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gifted man has just come to british shores, and i love it, dissapointed to c it has been cancelled in usa,

Comment by geraldine walker – October 2, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW This was a good show. As a Registered Nurse professional I enjoyed this show. It was fresh and entertaining. I liked the cast and the stories were great. I cant believe that yet another reality show full of crap probably took its place. Yeh that is what we need more of rich people and stupid people reality.?? I think the people that cancelled this show just dont know what a good program is. I actually took the time to watch this program. Perhaps they were not smart enough to understand it. Unlike, Greys Anatomy this program was new and had potiental. Time to shut down some of the other programs before they fizz totally out. Tire of the same old monitoned Greys. Upset in KY.

Comment by Susan – October 2, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so angry at cancelation after just 1 season. I’m refusing to Watch Any CBS New shows or on other channels included. Let them get there Politics out of the way first. I loved that show, am glad the Touch is Still on another channel. Guess that’s where I’ll be watching from now on. FOX

Comment by Clynne – October 6, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just got into TGM – am in Ireland – I really enjoy it and I am so disappointed to hear it was cancelled – i have always LOVED tv but I am getting bored with it

Comment by Caro – October 14, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you really screwed up

Comment by ed – October 14, 2012 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cbs looses another great show and great cast<probably won't watch any more cbs shows,other shows on cbs stink…

Comment by Doug graetz – October 16, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • in asia just watch gifted man recentlu, and so saaaaaaad it stop there. why!?

Comment by astrid – October 22, 2012 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This and Unforgettable gone- bad decisions.

Just caught up with “Elementary” the touted replacement, which will be lucky to make it to 13 episodes- dire- the whole show felt like I was watching actors with the lack of “acting” of a walk through or table read.

Will miss this one.

Comment by AndrewM – October 24, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe a gifted man got cancelled. I knew it had been before I started watching it, but still annoyed. The last episode left me wanting more out of it. Or even give shows a proper ending when they get cancelled, like a conclusion. So frustrating!

Comment by Lynz – October 27, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was amazing!!!! We watched it every week.get it back on tv CBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by sandi – October 28, 2012 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show!!!!! I am so disappointed that it was canceled!!!!!

Comment by Jacque – November 3, 2012 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The reason it was canceled is because idiots are abundant in this country, and what do idiots like? Mindless trash, like reality shows, for one.

Comment by Lori – November 11, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the series on netflix and could not believe they cut it..I see nothing but mindless reality shows on tv.. No one can write a show with substance anymore and when someone can it’s gone. Get a clue. Networks

Comment by sue – November 12, 2012 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring Gifted Man back, enough with reality tv. Get back to writing.

Comment by sue – November 12, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i do miss the show i enjoyed watching it with my family i will miss it

Comment by valerie – November 14, 2012 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Every week, I am waiting for Thu to watch a gifted man (in Thailand). Just learnt from website that it had been cancelled. So sad, it made me loss my happy time. I love the story, each actor/actress shows their characteristics very well, moral, greatful, kindness is decrease from society every day, the good story would help to upgrade our thinking even less or much. I would glad if it come back.

Comment by finadevil – November 15, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate when good shows are cancelled. I am really sadden. Wish it would come back.:-(
    I watched the first season on Neflix and am hooked. But….no more.

Comment by Smith – November 15, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was looking forward to the season finale of A Gifted Man tonight and thought I would find out how long I would have to wait for season 2. Now I am totally gutted to see that it has been cancelled. It’s one of the best shows on TV, my daughter and I are really going to miss it. Seems like all the best shows are cancelled whilst mindless drivel continues. Honestly! Who makes these decisions?

Comment by Cheryl – November 20, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such a pity to see the show cancelled. Tv producers are fixated with trash reality shows that only appeal to the mindless. Along comes a decent show, has possibilities and values and a story line, all the things missing from reality shows, and they bin it. Well done to the idiots.

Comment by Kevin – November 21, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband and I, miss seeing the Gifted Man. The show had great actors, and interesting stoyline . We are, hopeful to see this, or something close to the same show, with the same case of actors .

Comment by Tammie Yarborough – November 21, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SORRY TO SEE IT GO! THEY FIRST HOOK YOU IN, THEN LEAVE YOU TO DANGLE. AND THAT’S THE WAY IT IS!

Comment by MARIE FRAZIER – December 7, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess my taste in shows is terrible. The ones I like seemed to get canceled soon.”Lie to Me” “Star Gate Universe” and a dozen others. While the ones I wouldn’t watch on a dare stay on season after season.

Comment by eddyjames – December 9, 2012 03:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I am the last to know. I love this show and Patrick!

Comment by Sigh – December 11, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My family and I enjoyed this one together. We don’t normally watch medical shows but this one was pretty good. The storyline, the characters and the paranormal twist were all good reasons to watch it my opinion. But there is also a good reason why I found it on Netflix and not on CBS.

Comment by Barbara – December 12, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW awesome show sorry to see it is canceled just finished watching on my ape TV on netflicks. What a great contrast the medical field collides with the spiritual I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT ! BRING IT BACK PLEASE !

Comment by Lori – December 19, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed with most of the posts. If it offers an intelligent story line and good morals, it must be cancelled. Very sad with this decision.

Comment by Eric – December 26, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry to hear that show has been cancelled. I’ve enjoyed watching the episodes with both my daughters. It is VERY rare that we ever like the same thing on TV. Hopefully there might still be a chance that the decisiob is overturned.

Comment by Lynn Stringer – December 28, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very sorry to hear hat this is over I just found it on Netflix and I’m loving it

Comment by Val – December 29, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent show, a shame it was cancelled. People like “pizza-style” shows, the minute they show “broccoli-style” shows they get bored. C’mon people, THINK!

Comment by Herman – January 1, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so disappointed ! I watched the first season on Netflix, loved it. I feel cheated and left hanging !!!!

Comment by Ashley – January 2, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here Ashley & Val!

Comment by Sharon – January 6, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and am very sad that it has been cancelled. :-(

Comment by Sharon – January 6, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched every episode on Netflix and sorry I didn’t know about it till now. Great family show and the chemistry with the cast was great. I hope to see them all on something great as they deserve it. Just love Jennifer Ehl and hope to see Patrick in something soon. Great talents. Writing could have been a little less predictable but not cast fault.

Comment by fanfair – January 9, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad to see it go. I’m tired of reality shows. And I’m tired of shows focusing on sex so much – like 2 and a half men. There are others that do the same. It didn’t center itself around sex or sexual innuendos. It centered on doing good. There isn’t enough shows that are appropriate for kids to see. I am sorry to hear that Patrick Wilson wasn’t happy.

Comment by A – January 13, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just found this show on Netflix a week ago. I loved it! Really wish they would bring it back! There are so many viewers that don’t watch regular tv when it is on. I watch Netflix or Hulu. Maybe that has something to do with the network knowing how many people really enjoy shows. Cable tv is just too much money for me right now. Maybe writing to the network and voicing our opinions would help? There have been shows in the past that I loved and they canceled those also. There must be a way to gather people that love these shows and express our opinions besides doing it here.

Comment by Jane – January 13, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring it back!!! There is TOO much drivel on the network to sustain us!!!!! What do the critics know???? Not much, apparently….We know what WE want to see!!!

Comment by Lee D. Owen – January 23, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I found this show on Netflix and watched all f the episodes in one day. I loved it!

Comment by Theresa H Hall – January 24, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show it was nice to see different points of view when it comes to healing..A persons body or there soul. We as people are not one size fits all. And thats what ill miss most from the show. We are all different, but the same. SPECIAL…

Comment by Roma Red Thunder – January 24, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just found the show on Netflix. I loved the show and all the stars on it. All the trashy shows like the Kardashians stay on and this one gets cancelled. Unreal.

Comment by Glenda – January 29, 2013 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was a keeper! I looked forward to watching it on netflix nightly!

Comment by Loretta – February 1, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great show

Comment by sammy – February 6, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If anyone has any sense at all, they would pick this show back up and keep it going. It was excellent, intelligent and thought-provoking. Patrick Wilson was an exceptional actor, very believable in his portrayal, and the show came together perfectly. I miss the show very much. Will someone please do the right thing and get the cast, production crew back again and keep it going!

Comment by slin21 – February 10, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t agree more with slin21. My husband and I started to watch the show when it was on Netflix. Thought we would give it a try. We couldn’t wait to see the next episode everyday. Please bring it back !!!!!!!!!

Comment by M. Meyer – February 13, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post