Fall TV Preview

It's Official: Two and a Half Men Renewed

“Tennnnnnnnnn.”

CBS’ Two and a Half Men is officially set to return for a 10th season, it was announced on Saturday.

The renewal comes after new deals were made with Warner Bros. TV, which produces the high-rated sitcom, and cast members Ashton Kutcher, Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones.

In its ninth and first post-Charliegeddon season, Men is averaging 15.0 million viewers (up 13 percent from Season 8) and a 5.2 demo rating (up 27 percent).

Still on the bubble for CBS, the only network with any tough-ish calls ahead of it: CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, A Gifted Man, Unforgettable, Rob and Rules of Engagement. TVLine’s remarkably easy-to-use Renewal Scorecard can of course be found here, reflecting the flurry of moves made in recent days, leading up to the coming week’s formal Upfront presentations.

Comments (55)

• YAAAAAAH!!!!! Mennnnn ;)

Comment by Omar – May 12, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad it’s renewed, but I wish they’d scale back the vulgarity about 30%.

Comment by Templar – May 12, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Urgh! How does this pathetic show keep being renewed.

Comment by greysfan – May 12, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • By increasing its ratings since Charlie Sheen left. It ain’t rocket science.

Comment by Captain Obvious – May 12, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This show SUCKS!!!!!! So does Asshton Kutcher!!!!!!! I would say this will be the last year!!!! We can only hope!!!!!

Comment by Kimberly Holt – October 23, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • hahahaha what an idiot!!

Comment by Luis – December 8, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With all the crap that NBC, ABC & FOX brought back , donn’t want to hear no smack :)

Comment by Joseph Angelo – May 12, 2012 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, NBC loaded up with WAY too many sitcoms; but I’m done with them now.

Comment by smidnite – May 12, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ha I have little interest in NBC anymore. They use to have great shows like Friends, Will & Grace, and ER. Now it seems like every show is lousy. All their sitcoms feel like the same show just in a different shiny package.

Comment by Jessica – May 12, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m entitled to my opinion and imo Two and A Half Men is the worst show on TV.

Comment by greysfan – May 12, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s been the worst show on television for some time–sophomoric humor, predictable lines, and mind-numbingly awful…

Comment by jc – May 20, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thats because Asston Kutcher replaced Charlie Sheen………this show is soooooo dumb and lame. It is not what so ever funny……LOL LOL…………I am still in shock it got renewed……wow……it is the worst show on TV…….I agree greysfan:)

Comment by Kimberly Holt – October 23, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its called entertainment if you hate “two and a half men” so much dont watch it dont get me wrong i didnt like the new change up with kutcher but im kinda looking forward seeing allens kid screw up in the army or actually do something right in his pathetic life. Zoe has been a bitch to allen lately so maybe walden will embaress her since allen and walden has becoem such close friends

Comment by Vladimir Ashkinadze – June 15, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Praying HARD for the CSIs and Unforgettable… No one cares about comedies. Or, I don’t.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – May 12, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I hope they don’t cancel Unforgettable! All procedural shows need at least a second season to start gaining a steady viewership!

Comment by Allie Osterloh (@cyclonekat) – May 12, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s been about a decade since I’ve been able to watch any 30 minute sitcom for more than a handful of episodes.
      Vulgarity, unattractive stereotypical characters, each episode devolving into the stars doing their same tired schtick….

Comment by smidnite – May 12, 2012 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This program stinks with Kutcher, Sheen made the show what it was.

Comment by sheri – May 12, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. We stopped watching here. Charlie was Two and a Half Man. It was a show about Charlie Sheen’s life. The show doesn’t exist without him.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – May 12, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree.

Comment by april-ann – May 12, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The show is a little different without charlie sheen but it’s still pretty funny. People need to open their horizons sometimes

Comment by João Gordinho – May 12, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They should broaden their eyes too.

Comment by shahendr – May 12, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The show needed someone fresh. Charlie was starting to look like a joke rather than a comedic actor.

Comment by Templar – May 12, 2012 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I used to like Ashton; but every time he tweets or makes a public statement, I lose respect for him.

Comment by smidnite – May 12, 2012 02:53 PM PDT
          • Maybe you shouldn’t follow his twitter then.

Comment by Ethan – May 12, 2012 08:32 PM PDT
      • You’re rather behind, and too much of fanboy, whatever SHeen used to do, he’s now losing hard (point in fact: anger management) he’s on too much drugs to be a good actor these days .. Ashton not onlt fills Sheen’s shoes, he’s also outgrown them (as evident by the higher ratings, which is really substantial)

Oh and it was NEVER a show about Charlie sheen’s life .. if it was, then the only audience woulda of been coke and methheads.

Comment by ScrewCharlie – August 14, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Kutcher stinks and has since the first day he joined. Why not bring Charlie back from the grave — mistaken identity or whatever to get him back

Comment by Margaret – May 13, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sheen may be an ass but he did help make the show funny. Kill off Kutcher and keep evelyn,berta alan, and get rose back. And make this a year where alan was in a bad dream.

Comment by sugaree – June 20, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree-Ashton Kutcher sucks, is not funny, and I only watched 2 episodes before I almost passed out from boredom. Keep everyone, but Kutcher, and hope the producers get their heads out of their asses and produce quality shows. No need to pay that loser Kutcher so much money for a poor job-he can’t act and he can’t treat woman right! what a loser!

Comment by lin333 – June 20, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are sooooooo right Sheri……..Charlie made this show what it is today……I HATE ASSTON KUTCHER……….he is NOT funny and he is soooo stupid………this show is awful……..

Comment by Kimberly Holt – October 23, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im tired of Two and half men. I used to love but today….nah.

Comment by ;duh (@opss_tom) – May 12, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is just sad. That show needs euthanasia.

Comment by mile – May 12, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Remember the fact that these guys are the network’s highest paid stars as you wonder how the N.C.I.S. contract negotiations are faring. Also keep it in mind when you hear the excuse that the C.C.I. shows are getting too expensive to keep.

Comment by smidnite – May 12, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate to wonder if Season 10 of Two and a Half Men may end up being its last and I hope CBS must do the right thing to cancel Rob ’cause the Schneider sitcom is by far the worst I’ve ever seen since BLEEP My Dad Says with William Shatner.

Comment by bad kevin – May 12, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope CBS has plans to do another four comedy block lineup, this time on Thursdays going up against NBC’s four comedy block night. That sounds like DUH WINNING

Comment by bad kevin – May 12, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this show is not the same without Charlie Sheen, he was the show. This season has been horrible, i cannot stand Zooey, Alan has become so stupid and annoying and not even funny. Jake wow he is ever stupider than Alan. hope it improves, but i doubt it.

Comment by m2 – May 12, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought A Gifted Man was already cancelled.. don’t know where I read it, though… mm

Comment by Heidi – May 12, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Should go to this website: tvbythenumbers.com

Comment by bad kevin – May 12, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I read it on spoilertv.com, but thank you more confirmation with that site.. Don’t know why this article says that AGM is still on the bubble, though

Comment by Heidi – May 12, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • kill it with fire

Comment by João Amaral – May 12, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the 10th season should be its final, just like Friends.

Comment by Tony – May 12, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree and I think that there plan

Comment by Michael – May 12, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yaaaaaawn…..

Comment by Jelly – May 12, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • a gifted man was cancelled.

Comment by Jennifer Reeves – May 12, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is really exciting news i am a really big fan of the shows and the stars.

Comment by Aidan Williams – May 12, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HILARIOUS..HOW BID CHUCKS EGO IS.. HE OBVIOUSLY DIDNT WRITE THE SHOW, BUT TOOK CREDIT. NOW HIM AND LES ARE IN DENIAL OF TIS HUGE FAILURE… DENIAL……… AND, NOTHING ELSE TO PUT ON AIR.

Comment by LES IS A LOSER SELLING CONJOBS TO BUYERS – May 13, 2012 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to love that show so much…like the first 4 to 6 years or something but now I just think it’s enough. I don’t find it funny anymore…and isn’t 9 seasons enough?? its a long time

Comment by Kl – May 13, 2012 01:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why?

Comment by Who Cares – May 13, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TheY should back Charlie . It will bring all the lost viewers back and attract new also . Please bring him back

Comment by Nihaljani – July 17, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can sum this show up in just one word. (SUCKS!!!!!)

Comment by Pete – August 4, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG really CBS is keeping Two and a half men, and may not be keeping Rules of engagement. The new Two and a half men absolutely “sucks”. Time to Bring back Charlie Sheen, he was the best character on the show.

Comment by Dave – September 23, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS SHOW DIED WITH SIR CHARLES …. SHEEN IS THE MAN…

Comment by SAMMY . – September 26, 2012 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am in T-TOTAL SHOCK that CBS renewed Two an Half Men……..OMG…LOL….Asshton Kutcher is NOT whats so ever funny??? He is stupid!!!!! I cant stand him…..he makes me wanna hurl……I love Charlie Sheen and cant believe this show has made it without him????The show is soo dumb……it use to be funny back when Charlie was on it……..now it is just DUMB!!! We ALL tried watching it when it first came on and we could not even get into it…..it was soooo lame and stupid, we all just looked at each other and shook our heads and thought how stupid and LAME it was and turned the channel and have NOT turned it back since……..CBS is making a huge mistake renewing this show!!!!!!!

Comment by Kimberly Holt – October 23, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the show sucks now too I always watch the seasons when Charlie sheen was on the show. Charlie sheen was funny. I agree the shows that are on NBC suck now. I misss watching ER. ER was and is still one of my favourite shows from NBC

Comment by Brianna dean – April 4, 2013 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post