Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What's New!

As one season wraps, another is already on the horizon. The networks have unveiled their lineups for the 2012-13 TV season, and TVLine has compiled this handy guide to the new offerings.

RELATED | 2012 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What Got Axed?

Review the following alphabetical slideshow and then hit the comments to let us know what you’ll be watching. (Video previews will be added as they become available.)

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Photo Gallery, Previews, Series Orders

1. Rick Katze says:

After looking at the new shows that are coming, does anybody have a videotape of a test pattern which I think will be more interesting to watch than most of this garbage.

Normally I see 5-9 new shows as possibilities to watch. With this mess, maybe 2 and that may be optimistic.

2. Polly says:

aside 3 or 4 shows, this is the list of the canceled shows for next season imho.

3. Sally says:

Does anyone else think First Cut sounds like a teenage version of Grey’s Anatomy?

4. Alex says:

Looking for:
    -666 Park Avenue
    -Chicago Fire
    -The Goodwin Games
    -The New Normal
    -Next Caller
    -1600 Penn

5. exfromtheleft says:

judging by the number of latinos, Black and other minorities on this slide show, one can easily concludes that Hollywood still have diversity problem… It’s funny because Hollywood people likes to lecture teh rest of the country

6. Natalie says:

So now that Becki Newton stars in a new show this fall, is it save to assume that she is not Barneys Wife?? :)

7. Annika says:

I’ll check out The Following, Zero Hour, Last Resort and Hannibal, even though only the first one sounds promising and only because, hello, Kevin Bacon!

8. Looking forward to The Mindy Project, The New Normal, Go On, The Goodwin Games, Chicago Fire and The Carrie Diaries. Revolution is without a doubt going to flop, that preview image is so boring, plus the fact it’s on NBC, instant flop!

9. Where is MISTERESSES???

10. Malle says:

B-b-b-boring. Retreads or shows that should just be a movie-of-the-week. It appears that “reality TV” has caused the death of well-scripted TV. Oh well, more time to visit family and friends!

• These kinds of statements make no sense! In what way has reality tv caused the death of well scripted tv (which means what, exactly?) This would make more sense if there was a dearth of scripted shows because everyone was in the reality game, but these are almost universally scripted shows. And since you haven’t seen any of them, how can you know if they’re not well scripted.

11. Jessica says:

I’m a bit dissapointed in ABC was looking forward to Devious Maids, The Smart One and American Judy, all where rejected! I will sample Nashville,666 Park Avenue,How To Live With Your Parents, Family Tools still though. On other networks Arrow,First Cut,Carrie Diaries,Mindy,Goodwin Games,Infamous,New Normal all look interesting as usual i’ll try all and only like about 4.

12. ChrisGa says:

I’ll be checking out most of the CW shows(minus the Carrie Diaries) plus 666 Park Ave, Nashville and the Goodwin Games(because I like Becki Newton but I’m in love with Jake Lacy from Better With You :) ).

13. Petra says:

Chicago Fire, Do No Harm, and Go On!

14. Bobby says:

I can’t really judge anything until I see it. People who are saying none of these shows look good, just remember to give them a try. I don’t think many saw Revenge being as good as it is when they first read about it in a paragraph summary. So far, The Following, 666 Park Avenue, and Zero Hour intrigue me Drama wise. I can’t judge any comedies until I see them for myself to see how funny each one is. Excited for the new batch of shows though!

• greysfan says:

That maybe true but there were some shows that had potential and at least i liked the sound of them. Once Upon a Time was one of those. This year there is very little if you ask me. ABC seems to have passed on the 4 that sounded great and were generating some good buzz the other networks have passed on a few which i liked the sound of. In saying all this I always try every new show every year but so far nothing stands out. Its all blah. Obviously when the previews come out during upfronts week this week i will watch them all but yeah its a very bland looking bunch of new shows so far.

• It’s important to remember, though, that just because shows sound good, the execution of the pilot doesn’t always reinforce that. The Smart One was one of my most anticipated pilots, but apparently it didn’t come out funny.

I think that a lot of the “serial killer” shows sound really promising (Cult, Hannibal, The Following – despite its atrocious title). Though, caveat, I like serial killer shows. Just hope they’re not too procedural

15. Lisa says:

well i am gonna have tons more free time now as NONE of these shows are worth giving a shot!! Bring back Missing GCB and Awake!! Studios ppl get your heads outta your asses and give us the good shows not this crap!!

• How can you make this kind of statement without having seen any of them? I get that you’re upset shows you like got canceled, but they’re gone. The point is to figure out what new shows could be your next GCB, etc

16. joyce pennington says:

Give us bac GCB!! without GCB or Desperate housewives there will nothing on tv to watch we will have to tune in elsewhere???!! Your channel won;t be any good!

17. davidsask says:

Anthony Edwards (ER) looks like a total different person. Can someone please also tell me which show Sara Rue will be the new Reba one or the Jimmy Fallon produced series, I doubt she can be in both?!

18. Didn’t realize that Dichen Lachman and Autumn Reeser were in Last Resort (moves it to head of the list)

19. So far:

ABC:
    666
    Zero Hour (Anthony Edwards – yes!)
    Last Resort (adore Andre!)

NBC:
    Go On

Didn’t see any new ones listed for CBS – yet.

Dear Fox: The Kevin Bacon show really appeals HOWEVER
    I am grandfathering in Fringe (obviously a must watch)
    & Touch (has enormous potential to be great)
    After this last season having Terra Nova & Alcatraz cruelly ripped from me with no resolution I simply refuse to invest myself in any NEW series on
    your network. Don’t want to be put through that ringer ever again. Sorry.
    You’ve lost me.

The Hannibal series is tempting but I am a purist. Only Hannibal for me is
    Anthony Hopkins and the only Clarice is Jodie Foster. So pass.

• davidsask says:

Don’t quote me but I think the new Kevin Bacon series is for sure only 12 episodes per season as per the star and it also may be one of the new self contained shows per season ala American Horror Story? I think this is great if true!

• JohnnyD says:

I sure hope your right about that. Better quality, limited season episode serials is what makes HBO, Showtime, and FX great – also goes for a lot of BBC TV. If we could finally see just a little tiny bit of that applied by the major networks, it would be so welcome.

It really doesn’t require nudity, and explicit adult only content to make a quality program. But alas, advertising dollars drives the majors rather than subscription revenue so it’s likely too much to ask. It’s all about the 19-49 demographic ratings and program costs.

• Helena says:

Over the years, I find myself watching less and less programming on the major networks. I haven’t watched CBS or NBC on a regular basis for years. I watch only a few shows on ABC, Fox and The CW. Partly because there are too many reality shows on the networks — like do we need FIVE different singing competition shows (American Idol rip-offs) ? Another reason I don’t watch the major networks as much is because the networks can cancel a new series mid-season. The cable networks would not cancel a low-rated series in the middle of its run; they just would not renew it for a second season. I hate to invest my time in a new show, and then have the network cancel it after a couple of months, before we can watch the final episodes.

• Renee says:

I refuse to watch the Kevin Bacon show too because it’s on Fox. Killing Terra Nova and The Finder was the end of Fox for me.

20. jthomann says:

I liked this show better when it was called “Man Up!”

21. o says:

None of these shows looks exciting.
    Although I might check out Mindy Kaling’s show, cause I like her in the Office.

22. AnnClau says:

A lot of shows look good or have actors/actresses I want to see, but I’ll have to wait to decide what I’ll watch until they decide what goes when. I already have a lot of shows. Some already moved on one another so. I know I want to watch Go On, but they put it at 9pm on tuesday so if New Girl stays there that won’t work.

• JohnnyD says:

That’s why God gave us west coast feeds, so those of us with PVR’s can do a timeshift record 3 hours later.

23. 1mars says:

666 Park Ave, The Revolution and Go On looks interesting. pleeeeze, no more talent shows. Meh. Also how many more mindless, trashy comedies are they trying to entice us with? Boring, yawn.

24. Laura says:

My son in law is with the CFD-Midway Airport firehouse. We’ll see how true to life this plays. If not, we’ll sic him on NBC. He’s a force to be reconned with! LOL

25. NBC tried a paramedic and firefighter show two or three years ago and it was pulled after four episodes. Also are we going to get preached at with the virtues of “going green” with Revolution? The show looks promising but if it’s nothing but big budget propaganda, I’ll be tuning out.

26. Al Salazar says:

Have we really not seen enough of Dane Cook yet? I think his 15 minutes were up at least 3 hours ago.

27. Nan says:

So my week will be Castle, NCIS Fringe, CSI NY and maybe Bones if the finale I will enjoy, no Alcatraz, or Unforgettable, bad decisions by the Networks none of the new shows looks interesting

28. Alex says:

666 Dark Avenue looks good, and the cast is pretty impressive. Also going to give Revolution a shot, and Last Resort because I like other shows from their creators.

• h37!(Opter says:

Yeah, I agree, creators with some pedigree.

Notable and innovative creators should be able to draw good writers and in turn, superior character development.

A decent premise with a longer arc plot than a simple procedural offers, good writers and character development, and a network that actually backs up the series with a budget and by giving the series a chance… that’s all we’re really asking for.

29. elsiemanning says:

Most looking forward to Mob Doctor with Zeljko Ivanek. Though the fact that they didn’t even list him in the cast here makes me wonder how big his part is going to be. Am learning not to get too attached to any shows (RIP The Event) because they just get cancelled anyway. Stupid networks.

30. Matt says:

How are they managing Connie Britton and Alexandra Breckenridge both having new series while American Horror Story is still ongoing? They were two of my favorites in AHS…

31. Mark Warneke says:

666 Park Avenue? Other than Vanessa Williams, I have no reason to watch. The supernatural thing is at the end of its run. Does ABC really thing this is going to be any better than GCB? At least with GCB, they had built in controversy and an established, loyal (albeit, small) following. I have a feeling they’re going to with they’d stuck with GCB and passed on 666.

32. The reason why GCB did not get renewed because the ratings and the viewers were low. Not enough people were watching the show.

33. Jenn says:

Who is the curly haired blonde in the middle of the “Infamous” picture?

34. Morgan Purdy says:

The 30-minute comedy is dead – especially once 30 Rock ends its run in 2013. that is comedy. Some of the lame shows that come out now, are that, lame. And you see the cast lineup featuring all of the actors who used to be on other shows, that failed, or ended, and they come back and do the same shtick. Duh! Let’s look outside the box and come up with something original. or why not just do revamped shows like I Love Lucy, Bonanza, Cannon. New actors using the old scripts but modern times. Like they did with Hawaii 5-0. Like movies which go into the vault and rejig and provide for a new generation of actors. How about Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea with a nuclear sub. Spin-off and bring in NCIS as a cross-over show. I’d really like to see remake of the Invisible Man (or Woman) with the technology that is available. If they can do another show with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, why not?! What about westerns like Rifleman or Gunsmoke, but with a modern twist. Or spinoffs, like NCIS, but now take it to another state, with new staff.

• Lola says:

I wouldn’t say the 30-minute comedy is dead. What about The Big Bang Theory? It’s hugely popular. So is Modern Family. (Not my favorite but it’s not bad.)

35. Brandon Routh playing Michael Urie’s boyfriend? Hot. Long Live Partners

36. Grace says:

I will be watching CHICAGO FIRE. LOVE JESSE SPENCER! I was going to watch the show with DELTA BURKE in it also, but she fell while working on the show and they had to stop production on the show too long to make it for this Fall.

37. Leslie says:

I’m not getting into any of these new shows this time around….usually any I do try out and then get interested in wind up cancelled by the end of the season. I have learned my lesson the hard way this past 2011-2012 season. I’ll be sticking to new shows on cable. Those don’t usually get cancelled after just 1 season. Besides, none of the ones coming fall 2012 look even remotely appealing to me.

38. Couch Potato Cop says:

What’s the status of “The Munsters” reboot “Mockingbird Lane” ? About a month ago I heard some casting news, but then it didn’t seem to be listed on NBC’s Fall line-up.

39. Lizzy says:

Can you tell us more about Jesse Spencer’s character on Chicago Fire?! I like to know more about his backstory on the show please :)

40. Tia Woo says:

Love love love Lucy Liu. I watch anything that she is in. Really miss cashmere mafia darn timing, but I hope that Elementary wins through. Definitely a watch for me.

41. garnet says:

As far as this fall goes…… it looks like I’ll be watching CHUCK reruns. :)

42. Sara says:

So did Gilded Lillys not get picked up?

43. Amy says:

Way to go CW and NBC, not a single new show on your networks looks appealing or has me intrigued enough to tune in.

44. Disappointed Fan says:

After having 10 shows cancelled that I watched this season I don’t think that I will watch any of the new shows. You watch & the network moves the shows around – either the day that they are on or the show is on for a few weeks then not on, then on, then not on!! How is a show to gain & keep an audience when the audience can’t find the show to watch it? The networks need to keep a show on the same day, same time & let it build up its audience. And sometimes it takes more than 13 shows go catch on.

Hate the reality shows – will not watch them even if they are the only shows on tv! Reading a good book is a much better option.

45. Joyce Ambler says:

Major Crimes will be a hit because it is a spin off of The Closer minus Kyra Sedgwick and the most wonderful thing of all is that Michael Weatherly (NCIS) is guest starring! Watch the ratings shoot up!!

46. Sheryl P says:

Why cancel CSI Maimi it was one of my favorite shows

47. Unbashed CW rabid hater says:

40 shows and not one of them is even possibly watchable.
    but you forgot these:
    Unbashed-Johnatan Frakes,Matt Smith,shannen doherty.3 twentysomthing are forced to share a good ol’ new york flat,but…………………………..ship!
    Ubernatural-michael chiklis,michael dorn,christopher judge,leixa dog.aliens in the white house?????????????????????????????????????????”’
    Frisco-scott bakula,michaek chiklis,the guy from lost and oz.a new sheriff in 1988 san francisco?romance?in america?

48. Babygate says:

The Following looks amazing, why is it only a midseason replacement? :-(

49. Car says:

I’m going to check out

-666 Park Avenue (for the cast)
    -Revolution (because of the trailer)
    -The New Normal (because I like Murphy’s shows for the m ost part)
    -The Neighbors (for the premise)
    -Nashville (for the cast)
    -Elementary (for Lucy Liu)
    -Last Resort (because it looks amazing)
    -The Goodwin Games
    And
    -The Cult

50. Evelyn says:

Most of these synopses sound dull or overdone. Out of this list, I’ll be checking out Chicago Fire (for Jesse Spencer) and Animal Practice (sounds funny and interesting, unless they try and go too “House-like, as they describe it.)