Fall TV Preview

The CW Renews Nikita For Season 3

The CW has picked up spy thriller Nikita for a third season.

Showrunner Craig Silverstein announced the news Friday, tweeting, “Um, don’t know if y’all are interested but Nikita season 3 is ON!!!”

RELATED | Fall TV Scoop: The CW Picks Carrie Diaries, Beauty and the Beast, Arrow and 2 Others

The series joins the already renewed 90210, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries. Rookie Hart of Dixie also received a pickup for a second season, while fellow newbies Ringer and The Secret Circle got the axe.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news!

Tags:

Comments (117)

• Totally Awesome!!!!!

Comment by Christina – May 11, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NOW WE NEED OWEN AS A REGULAR!!!

Comment by Lorena Haro (@lorepottter) – May 11, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Dance! Yay Nikita! Simple words for unbounded joy!

Comment by Jaime – May 11, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! Best show on TV right now. I tried Ringer but it just got horribly ridiculous half way through the season. I heard Hart of Dixie has been renewed as well. Yay!

Comment by P – May 11, 2012 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’M WICKED HAPPY ABOUT NIKITA. Been looking online like every day waiting on Nikita news. I had a bad feeling about it, but really glad I was wrong. Kinda upset about The Secret Circle going to be another show that ends its series with a season finale cliffhanger not series, I hate those. Hart Of Dixie also surprised but happy about that renewel. The CW is my favorite channel, but most definately under rated to many people think It’s for teenage girls and not shows that are legit.

Comment by Kayleigh – May 11, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If any show on the CW deserved to be renewed, it was Nikita. The show has been phenomenal this season. Let’s go season 3!

Comment by malcom1985 – May 11, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea! Love Nikita!

Comment by a – May 11, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever I screamed when I saw this Nikita for season 3!!! and possibly for season 4 too :))

Comment by JC – May 11, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE BEST NEWS! well deserved!

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – May 11, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABSOLUTELY ECSTATIC!

I was literally going to be sad for 2 hours if the show wasn’t going to be renewed especially with all the deathly predictions. Thank you, CW!

Now please re-pair The Vampire Diaries with Nikita to make the most fast-paced 2 hours of television!

Comment by Kalee – May 11, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woot! I was so hoping they would. Glad to hear it. :)

Comment by Natalie – May 11, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so happy when i read the news. Nikita sure deserves another season, and more if possible. All the other people who don’t watch this outstanding show check it out over the summer, you wont regret it. Thank you CW for renewing Nikita you have made a lot of people very happy.

Comment by mh – May 11, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS FLAWLESS SHOW IS PERFECTION

Comment by dani – May 11, 2012 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m ECSTATIC…been praying Nikita would get renewed. Thank You!!! I wish it picks up more viewers next season. So sad to hear about the other shows though.

Comment by velandra – May 12, 2012 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy just got up (im from germany) and read it and it made my day. now all my favorite shows got renewed. cant wait for the next season!

Comment by Anna Guenther (@hitzli) – May 12, 2012 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you, CW, thank you, for giving the third season to the best spy show since the days of Alias! You will not regret it! :) I feel sorry for Ringer, it was a very good show. They should have cancel the boring Hart of Dixie and renew Ringer.

Comment by Joanne – May 12, 2012 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In shock! I’ve been watching this season the past few months enjoying what was left as I thought that was it. This is by far the best news of the week for me!

Comment by Bobby – May 12, 2012 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow nikita renewed
    may be last season as per interview of maggie q
    atleast we will be happy for 1 year

Comment by free (@free123games) – May 12, 2012 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring it on! Woohoo!!

Comment by TheLonelyPlace – May 12, 2012 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the BEST news ever! thank you for giving a season 3 for NIKITA! CW, you made a right decision on this.

Comment by julia rose – May 12, 2012 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Very pleased that ‘Nikita’ is being renewed for a 3rd season. It’s one of the best shows around & is greatly underrated, especially by CW. The whole cast are great, but Maggie Q is definitely the best part of the whole show. Way to go guys, you got renewed! Keep up the great work. CW might not appreciate ‘Nikita’, but your viewers do.

Comment by Percy – May 12, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God! Nikita is still on the move for Season 3. I can’t wait already as well as with Vampire Diaries Season 4. Go! Go! go!

Comment by Tina – May 12, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMFG IM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS NEWS!!!!! THIS IS D BEST NEWS EVEEEERRR!!!!

Comment by Bea – May 12, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES!!!!!! Wonderful news! Finally, there is some justice in the TV world. An excellent, intelligent, mature show with quality and depth gets renewed, not only the shallow teenage crap that somehow manages better ratings (and other permeats the CW’s schedule).

I hope it’s a full season pick-up. Also, that the CW promotes the show better next year because it could really succeed if it was more well-known. This show has something for everyone with exciting fast-paced storylines, exhilirating action, crazy twists, a ton of heart, (mature and well-written) romance, complex characters, top-notch acting, and incredible production values considering the tight budget. Congratulations to the Nikita cast and crew – this couldn’t be more well-deserved.

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – May 12, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • chuffed .. says it all <3

Comment by IHaveEvilInsideMe (@shaggie_mikita) – May 12, 2012 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by kewi94 – May 13, 2012 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im still very happy about Nikita being renewed. The fans did a lot trying to save it. From now on I won’t read anything Nikita related on tvbythenumbers they are the biggest Nikita haters. Just on Thursday they said Nikita was 99% dead and they were so wrong!! On the other hand tvline has always been supportive of Nikita and me as a fan thank you and they were right when they updated Nikita’s status to a safe bet!!! THAnk you CW for giving us more Nikita

Comment by M – May 13, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show. So glad it’s coming back!

Comment by Sharon – May 14, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita need 5 season -for me- Well done to all the fans of her,Nikita is the best show of 2012 ;)

Comment by Lara – May 14, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever. Nikita best action spy thriller on tv. Thanks CW. Beats Missing hands down. Can’t wait for Season 3…. Yeaah!

Comment by Vasilli – May 15, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, of all the renewals I’ve heard or this makes me the happiest. This is the best show on this network since this garbage heap started sailing. Couldn’t have happened to a better cast. Now, if Maggie, Lyndsey, Melinda, or Xander could just get their just deserved Emmy nominations for their brilliant performances this year it would be a perfect storm.

Comment by BHM1304 – May 18, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy 4 nikki and vampire diaries

Comment by Tee – May 18, 2012 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it !!! I hope it never ends!!! xDDDDD

Comment by Mario Guy – May 19, 2012 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I live in Belgium and they playing season 1 on tv , Nikita is the best show of all times . the most shows of america aren’t good , mine opinion . so I hope that they go on for many years.

Comment by jackie – May 19, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES. I thought Nikita would be a goner too but I’m soooo happy. It’s easily my favourite show, not just on the CW, but on all the networks so far!

Comment by Gracie – May 19, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great to watch more nikita!!!
    In holland the show is verry popular.!
    Greetings to you all.

Comment by leonardus – May 27, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!!! Nikita is THE best show on the CW. It would be nice to see a network get behind a class act show like this, and give it a chance to continue to grow. For too many years now i’ve seen shows that do NOT deserve to be on tv hang and fester for years, and get plastered all over syndication. Nikita is a show that deserves to be on for many years to come. Rock on!!!

Comment by marvin safford – June 26, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome!! i started last week watch nikita , i finish now the 2 seasons, omg is awesome!!
    im addicted in this serie *.*

Comment by Sellina – August 21, 2012 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ALL versions of Nikita, including “Alias” – a version that just didn’t take the name – are AWESOME! This is a FANTASTIC show and I am THRILLED to know the show will go on!!!!! :-)

Comment by Dena – September 27, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow cant wait to watch

Comment by shifah – October 29, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WANT OLD NIKITA,THIS ONE SUCKS!!!! =.=

Comment by Marija wants Nikita back – December 8, 2012 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i really enjoy nikita and supernatural cant wait to see what will happen next and ringer so glad about the first two but will miss ringer, it always seems to be the programs i follow that get cancel like James Cameron dark angel and bionic women and mae it or break it and hellcats.

Comment by debbie dallas – December 13, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m writing from Ireland where I see Nikita on Sky Living probably much later than America.
    I love the programme and I’m also glad that it’s going into a 3rd season.
    Ringer was only shown on one of our Irish stations but not on a UK station, all of which we can recieve in Ireland. I liked it but have now been told by Amazon that it has never been released on DVD and probably never will. This annoys me as I would like to have it on DVD and I’m wondering why it’s not being issued.

Comment by Pat – February 9, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post