The CW Renews Nikita For Season 3

The CW has picked up spy thriller Nikita for a third season.

Showrunner Craig Silverstein announced the news Friday, tweeting, “Um, don’t know if y’all are interested but Nikita season 3 is ON!!!”

RELATED | Fall TV Scoop: The CW Picks Carrie Diaries, Beauty and the Beast, Arrow and 2 Others

The series joins the already renewed 90210, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries. Rookie Hart of Dixie also received a pickup for a second season, while fellow newbies Ringer and The Secret Circle got the axe.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, News, Renewals

1. Christina says:

Totally Awesome!!!!!

2. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS NOW WE NEED OWEN AS A REGULAR!!!

3. Jaime says:

Happy Dance! Yay Nikita! Simple words for unbounded joy!

4. P says:

Awesome! Best show on TV right now. I tried Ringer but it just got horribly ridiculous half way through the season. I heard Hart of Dixie has been renewed as well. Yay!

5. Kayleigh says:

I’M WICKED HAPPY ABOUT NIKITA. Been looking online like every day waiting on Nikita news. I had a bad feeling about it, but really glad I was wrong. Kinda upset about The Secret Circle going to be another show that ends its series with a season finale cliffhanger not series, I hate those. Hart Of Dixie also surprised but happy about that renewel. The CW is my favorite channel, but most definately under rated to many people think It’s for teenage girls and not shows that are legit.

6. malcom1985 says:

If any show on the CW deserved to be renewed, it was Nikita. The show has been phenomenal this season. Let’s go season 3!

7. a says:

Yea! Love Nikita!

8. JC says:

Best news ever I screamed when I saw this Nikita for season 3!!! and possibly for season 4 too :))

9. THE BEST NEWS! well deserved!

10. Kalee says:

ABSOLUTELY ECSTATIC!

I was literally going to be sad for 2 hours if the show wasn’t going to be renewed especially with all the deathly predictions. Thank you, CW!

Now please re-pair The Vampire Diaries with Nikita to make the most fast-paced 2 hours of television!

11. Natalie says:

Woot! I was so hoping they would. Glad to hear it. :)

12. mh says:

I was so happy when i read the news. Nikita sure deserves another season, and more if possible. All the other people who don’t watch this outstanding show check it out over the summer, you wont regret it. Thank you CW for renewing Nikita you have made a lot of people very happy.

13. dani says:

THIS FLAWLESS SHOW IS PERFECTION

14. velandra says:

I’m ECSTATIC…been praying Nikita would get renewed. Thank You!!! I wish it picks up more viewers next season. So sad to hear about the other shows though.

15. yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy just got up (im from germany) and read it and it made my day. now all my favorite shows got renewed. cant wait for the next season!

16. Joanne says:

Thank you, CW, thank you, for giving the third season to the best spy show since the days of Alias! You will not regret it! :) I feel sorry for Ringer, it was a very good show. They should have cancel the boring Hart of Dixie and renew Ringer.

17. Bobby says:

In shock! I’ve been watching this season the past few months enjoying what was left as I thought that was it. This is by far the best news of the week for me!

18. wow nikita renewed
    may be last season as per interview of maggie q
    atleast we will be happy for 1 year

19. TheLonelyPlace says:

Bring it on! Woohoo!!

20. julia rose says:

This is the BEST news ever! thank you for giving a season 3 for NIKITA! CW, you made a right decision on this.

21. Percy says:

Yes! Very pleased that ‘Nikita’ is being renewed for a 3rd season. It’s one of the best shows around & is greatly underrated, especially by CW. The whole cast are great, but Maggie Q is definitely the best part of the whole show. Way to go guys, you got renewed! Keep up the great work. CW might not appreciate ‘Nikita’, but your viewers do.

22. Tina says:

Thank God! Nikita is still on the move for Season 3. I can’t wait already as well as with Vampire Diaries Season 4. Go! Go! go!

23. Bea says:

OMFG IM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS NEWS!!!!! THIS IS D BEST NEWS EVEEEERRR!!!!

24. YES YES YES!!!!!! Wonderful news! Finally, there is some justice in the TV world. An excellent, intelligent, mature show with quality and depth gets renewed, not only the shallow teenage crap that somehow manages better ratings (and other permeats the CW’s schedule).

I hope it’s a full season pick-up. Also, that the CW promotes the show better next year because it could really succeed if it was more well-known. This show has something for everyone with exciting fast-paced storylines, exhilirating action, crazy twists, a ton of heart, (mature and well-written) romance, complex characters, top-notch acting, and incredible production values considering the tight budget. Congratulations to the Nikita cast and crew – this couldn’t be more well-deserved.

25. kewi94 says:

26. M says:

Im still very happy about Nikita being renewed. The fans did a lot trying to save it. From now on I won’t read anything Nikita related on tvbythenumbers they are the biggest Nikita haters. Just on Thursday they said Nikita was 99% dead and they were so wrong!! On the other hand tvline has always been supportive of Nikita and me as a fan thank you and they were right when they updated Nikita’s status to a safe bet!!! THAnk you CW for giving us more Nikita

27. Sharon says:

Love this show. So glad it’s coming back!

28. Lara says:

Nikita need 5 season -for me- Well done to all the fans of her,Nikita is the best show of 2012 ;)

29. Vasilli says:

Best news ever. Nikita best action spy thriller on tv. Thanks CW. Beats Missing hands down. Can’t wait for Season 3…. Yeaah!

30. BHM1304 says:

Wow, of all the renewals I’ve heard or this makes me the happiest. This is the best show on this network since this garbage heap started sailing. Couldn’t have happened to a better cast. Now, if Maggie, Lyndsey, Melinda, or Xander could just get their just deserved Emmy nominations for their brilliant performances this year it would be a perfect storm.

31. Tee says:

Very happy 4 nikki and vampire diaries

32. Mario Guy says:

Love it !!! I hope it never ends!!! xDDDDD

33. jackie says:

I live in Belgium and they playing season 1 on tv , Nikita is the best show of all times . the most shows of america aren’t good , mine opinion . so I hope that they go on for many years.

34. Gracie says:

YES. I thought Nikita would be a goner too but I’m soooo happy. It’s easily my favourite show, not just on the CW, but on all the networks so far!

35. leonardus says:

Great to watch more nikita!!!
    In holland the show is verry popular.!
    Greetings to you all.

36. marvin safford says:

Awesome!!! Nikita is THE best show on the CW. It would be nice to see a network get behind a class act show like this, and give it a chance to continue to grow. For too many years now i’ve seen shows that do NOT deserve to be on tv hang and fester for years, and get plastered all over syndication. Nikita is a show that deserves to be on for many years to come. Rock on!!!

37. Sellina says:

awesome!! i started last week watch nikita , i finish now the 2 seasons, omg is awesome!!
    im addicted in this serie *.*

38. Dena says:

ALL versions of Nikita, including “Alias” – a version that just didn’t take the name – are AWESOME! This is a FANTASTIC show and I am THRILLED to know the show will go on!!!!! :-)

39. shifah says:

wow cant wait to watch

40. Marija wants Nikita back says:

I WANT OLD NIKITA,THIS ONE SUCKS!!!! =.=

41. debbie dallas says:

i really enjoy nikita and supernatural cant wait to see what will happen next and ringer so glad about the first two but will miss ringer, it always seems to be the programs i follow that get cancel like James Cameron dark angel and bionic women and mae it or break it and hellcats.

42. Pat says:

I’m writing from Ireland where I see Nikita on Sky Living probably much later than America.
    I love the programme and I’m also glad that it’s going into a 3rd season.
    Ringer was only shown on one of our Irish stations but not on a UK station, all of which we can recieve in Ireland. I liked it but have now been told by Amazon that it has never been released on DVD and probably never will. This annoys me as I would like to have it on DVD and I’m wondering why it’s not being issued.