NBC Renews Parks and Recreation, Up All Night

Parks and Recreation RenewedAnother victory for Leslie Knope: NBC has renewed Parks and Recreation for a fifth season, TVLine has learned. Additionally, the Peacock net is bringing rookie comedy Up All Night back for a second season.

Parks and Rec‘s order is for 22 episodes, while Up All Night‘s is for 13.

Still no official pickup for Parks‘ Thursday night lead-in, The Office. According to an insider, the network is waiting until new deals with John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer and Ed Helms are finalized before giving the formal green light.

RELATED | Fall TV: NBC Picks Up Jekyll & Hyde-Like Medical Drama and Revengeful Sudser

Parks and Rec and Up All Night join the also-renewed 30 RockCommunity, Whitney ParenthoodLaw & Order: SVUSmash and Grimm.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news!

1. theresa says:

First 30 Rock & Community now Parks & Rec!!!! Awesome news!!!!!!

• ScrubsGuy says:

So they renewed Up All Night and P&R for full seasons but only a half season for Community? That’s very bad news for Community since it has to fight with 5 new comedies for a chance for a back pickup. Guess they don’t have much faith in Community after all.

• Adam says:

All the shows got just 13 episodes, after which it is rumored they will be cancelled.

• CT says:

Only 30 Rock is getting the official axe. Sick of the spread cancellation crap everywhere.

• RecceR says:

Did you even read the article above along with the other reports on NBC’s comedies?

30 Rock – 13 episodes (ending)
          Community – 13 episodes (with potential to get more)
          The Office – no official renewal yet
          Parks & Recreation – 22 episodes
          Up All Night – 13 episodes (with potential to get more)
          Whitney – unknown episodes

Getting shortened seasons does not mean they will be cancelled. Take a look at Parenthood which was originally given just 13 episodes this past season, then bumped to 18, and finally renewed for another season. I suspect the short seasons for several comedies is because they have ordered so many new ones and are being pretty foolish as usual.

• Carm says:

13 episodes is not a full season.

• ScrubsGuy says:

Revising my comment based on new article edit about the 13 episode order. Not implying that it’s going to be a final season for any of them, but it definitely will be if they don’t have great ratings in the first few episodes of the season – or at least out gun all the newcomers. Major disadvantage for them since initial ratings on new series are always higher with people are checking them out.

2. Brenna says:

Got hand it to NBC, they (for the most part) do really care about their viewers by renewing all these shows….or it could be they are desperate but I like to be positive :)

3. Did they renew P&R for a full season? Or a short one?

4. jasie says:

Now just renew Harrys Law and ill be happy. Wonder how many eps they picked up PandR for?

5. amy says:

Yay for Community and Parks and Rec.

6. Harper says:

Awesome. And I’m thrilled Up All Night is getting a second season-that became one of my favorites..

7. LLL says:

TV by the numbers said the office was renewed.

8. Nicole says:

Yay to P&R AND Up All Night. Both Poehler-Arnett’s rightfully stay employed for another season!

9. TRICIA says:

I am so happy about Parks and Rec. This last season has been nearly perfect. I love to see quality rewarded. Best comedy on TV, hands down.

10. kyle says:

On a quick note, the Arnett curse is finally broken, He finally stars in a show that gets farther then one season. Which is kind of sad that Up All Night is the show that gets renewed considering its not his best work.

11. Joel says:

So is NBC going to run next season like a cable network and just have all 13 episode seasons and no repeats. I feel if they are trying to reinvent themselves this could be an interesting way to go

12. noa says:

yay!!!! so happy about both shows! especially glad that parks and rec is back for a full season.

13. Lorie says:

Hurray!!

14. ksica says:

yaaaay, though totally expected. yesterday you wrote ‘bubble show’. in what universe bubble show gets 22 episode order? you post ratings every day, maybe you could read what you actually write.

15. JBS says:

They can update this story to intclude the renewal of the best comedy that NBC has: “Whitney”

16. Yay Parks and Rec! Such a great show, with a great cast. Bringing Adam Scott and Rob Lowe in, and then promoting them to regulars really sealed the deal for me.

17. Britta Unfiltered says:

Great news for Parks and Rec! And Up All Night as well. I’m happy at least one good NBC comedy was able to get a full season. I’m definitely boycotting all new NBC comedies next year though. I’ll just keep watching the current ones I like, and then when they are gone, I am done with NBC.

18. Katie says:

So excited! This has LITERALLY made my day!

19. TigerNightmare says:

Meat tornadoes for everyone.

20. Cat says:

Parks and Rec with a FULL SEASON order is awesome!! Made my night!!

21. Spencer says:

SOOOOOO happy Parks & Rec. got a full season!!!! This is my favorite comedy of all time!

22. Carrie says:

Yay for a full season pick up. I love “Parks and Rec”!

23. Ely says:

Thank you NBC, you finally did something right! Still not happy about the HEROES cancellation – yea I know how to hold a grudge! Why couldn’t you make a 2-hour or something movie to wrap up the storyline??

24. August says:

give me all the Parks & Rec you have.

25. Shafoo says:

I DON’T UNDERSTAND!

Every other report has Parks and Rec as 13 episodes, then 22.

Which is it?

26. Lindsey says:

This just made my day! Parks and Rec is literally the only show I really cared a lot about getting renewed. At least the only bubble show. I knew the reports that Parks, Community, and 30 Rock coming back for 13 episode final seasons wouldn’t be true. But the fact that it’s a full season makes me even happier the rumors were (mostly) wrong!

27. Linda says:

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

28. Jeanette says:

Im up set that the FIRM didnt make it. Thats y i hate tryin out new shows cuz you like them and the cancel them :-(

29. Natalie says:

Yay! I get Leslie, Ron & Co. for another season! I’m officially ecstatic!