Nikita Cliffhanger: Maggie Q Reveals What's Next!

Warning: If you’ve yet to watch Friday’s episode of Nikita, avert your eyes now! Everyone else, read on…

“This is where everything starts to unravel, and nothing is going to turn out the way you expect it to.”

That’s what Maggie Q — star of The CW’s just-renewed Nikita — told reporters this week when asked what lies beyond tonight’s shocking cliffhanger. But that’s not all she shared.

Here’s what the butt-kicking beauty revealed about the Season 2 finale, airing next Friday — and how it will impact the now-guaranteed Season 3.

On Many Fans’ Favorite Nikita Moment Ever — Birkhoff Kissing His Beloved Nikki Goodbye | “It was so cute! [Executive producer] Craig Silverstein and the writers have always said that there is an undertone that Birkhoff’s in love with her…. It was always the nerd and Nikita. They were close, but he never told her how he felt. Now, we’re never ever going to get into that [relationship] because it’s dumb [Laughs]… but he doesn’t think he’s going to see her again! Aaron [Stanford] and I laughed so hard [during that scene]. He text me later and said, ‘Hey, Birkhoff gets some action!’ [Laughs] It was really perfect. Aaron is such a wonderful actor; it was just this wonderful moment for him.”

RELATED | Gossip Girl Renewed For Shortened Final Season

On the Penultimate Episode’s Jaw-Dropping Cliffhanger | “The clock is ticking and Nikita is not listening to anyone. She doesn’t want to live like this anymore, and she’s pissed so she’s being reckless. Nikita is now back in Division and she’s stuck — and she’s separated from Michael. Everybody’s separated actually, which makes it very dangerous. She’s completely off the grid down there.”

On the Seemingly Imminent Nikita/Percy Face-Off | “Yes, definitely. It’s been a long time coming. But you’re going to see a [new] Percy and Nikita dynamic… He puts her in a position where you have to see her working together with him, which it just so putrid and disgusting for her. She can either off him or help him, and only helping him will allow her to reach her goal. It’s so weird, you’re going to see them having each other’s back.”

On the Season Finale’s Body Count | “Yes, there will be loss — and I don’t mean a plant. [Laughs] I have to say, I was a little bit torn about [the death] — and by ‘a little bit’ I mean I was pretty torn about it. I understand all the elements that make this show work and why they work because of those elements, so I was a little bit torn about taking a very important element out of what we’ve done for two years — a quality element. But at the end of the day, Nikita’s journey has to move forward and to do that there has to be either some gain or some big loss, because only through those emotions do we grow. We rarely grow when we’re happy; we grow when we’re hurt.”

On What ‘Mikita’ Fans Can Expect from the Finale | “We’ll end on a Mikita moment. It not just a beautiful moment between them, but also one of the most visually stunning Mikita anything! It really was a magical weather moment.”

RELATED | The CW Cancels Ringer and Secret Circle, Renews Hart of Dixie

On the Possibility of a Little Birkhoff/Sonya Action | “They’re cute, huh? There’s going to be a cute little payoff moment with them in the finale, which is good. They’re finally at some point going to have some proxy to be able to have face-to-face [time].”

On the Finale’s Final Moments — Is There a Cliffhanger Coming? | “No, not a cliffhanger, but it definitely leaves on a big ‘wow’! I certainly don’t expect [viewers] to expect what happens in the end. You would never think it’s going to go the way it does… The overarching theme of Season 2 [was] “home,” and by the end we’ll understand what home is to her, what it isn’t, and how she’s come full circle in that way. It’s kind of beautiful, actually. We’re going to give people a little bit of hopefulness, but there’s also going to be a lot of shocker beforehand… It is cool what we do with [the end of this season]; the table is completely turned.”

Peruse the finale pics below, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on Nikita‘s life-or-death cliffhanger.

Tags: ,

Comments (56)

• Just finished watching tonight’s episode. One word = EPIC!!! How do they continue to produce quality episodes week after week is beyond me, and on the CW no less!

Can’t wait for next week’s finale!!!

Comment by David – May 11, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’m getting a feeling Alex gonna die. but she can’t right? right..right?

Comment by João Amaral – May 11, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She can’t! If anything, it will be Sean.

Comment by Dude – May 11, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just thinking the same thing…i hope it isn’t so

Comment by Angel – May 11, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My guess is Percy dies and they’ll start taking down that network he wanted to join

Comment by Trent – May 11, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m worriend it might be Alex too, but on the other hand it’s ALEX! She can’t die! I’m betting on Ryan or Sean. First is a big loss for NIkita, second for Alex (and we all know what hurts Alex hurts NIkita too).

Oh, and it’s really unlikely it’ll be Alex coz Lyndsy Fnseca is far too happy they’re back for season 3 :)

Comment by Kiara – May 12, 2012 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It was said that if Nikita was picked up for a third season Ryan would become a series regular.

Comment by Matt – May 12, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope it’s Alex that dies. She has bored me since the premiere. I know it’s The CW and they need a teen protagonist but it would be nice for Nikita to not have to share the lead.

Comment by Leo – May 14, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since there is Season 3 coming, Mikita, Birkhoff and Percy won’t be dead. I’m afraid it might be Sean.

Comment by Alex Green (@docAlextor) – May 11, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanna know who dies! But I have a feeling it might be Ryan =x

Comment by Anna – May 11, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s not going to die, tvline (if i am correct) once stated that if nikita returned for a 3rd season that Ryan will be a regular :))

Comment by Stella – May 11, 2012 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Didnt Ausiello write sometime ago that if Nikita got renewed that “Ryan” would be promoted to à serier regular? And since we just got a season 3… Sean? It’s the easy way out.

Comment by Emma – May 11, 2012 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I now think that the reason Ryan will be promoted to series regular is because they lose Birkhoff in the season finale.

Comment by Ducky – May 12, 2012 01:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That might be it, hence the goodbye kiss… OMG, it’s gonna be Birkhoff! :(

Comment by Kiara – May 12, 2012 03:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Nikita, Alex, Michael, and Sean are alive, I can cope with the other losses. I’m gonna be sad no matter what, but I can deal.

Comment by Kat – May 11, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I kind of want Michael to be the one who dies, that way we see a new, darker side of Nikita seeking full-blown revenge on the government that killed him.

But if not, I definitely want Birkhoff and Alex to be safe. Sean is also really great.

Comment by kavyn – May 11, 2012 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maggie said that the death was “taking a very important element out of what we’ve done for two years” That to me implied original cast member. Sean hasn’t been around for 2 years.

Comment by Kat – May 11, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, technically the death could include Percy and Amanda, couldn’t it? Since they’ve been developing the storyline of Division’s destruction. Or maybe Nikita herself dies? I have no idea, but man am I scared!

Comment by kavyn – May 11, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Given the show is called Nikita, I think she’s safe.

Comment by Dude – May 11, 2012 09:16 PM PDT
        • my money’s on birkhoff.

Comment by Ducky – May 12, 2012 01:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think its either Owen or Birkhoff…but I really hope its not Birkhoff :( That’d be so devastating! :’( Owen had been around everytime there’s this issue related to the black box and since the black boxes are all destroyed…..

Comment by lelie – May 14, 2012 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve always been bored by Michael (and every other part I’ve seen Shane West play). He’s good-looking (though I hate the facial hair) and a decent actor–he just doesn’t appeal to me. I definitely think it would be unrealistic for the show to go by with no one important dying. As much as I liked the original movie and the previous series, I’m genuinely surprised by how much I like this show, considering how different it is from its forebears.

Comment by CJ – May 12, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • same here. don’t want them to touch nikita/alex/michael/sean.

Comment by Ducky – May 12, 2012 01:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad its been renewed. I couldn’t have it end like that.

Comment by greysfan – May 11, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wait i didn’t realise there was one more episode. My bad.

Comment by greysfan – May 11, 2012 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it is going to be Percy, Roan and or unfortunately Amanda who dies. One and or all of their deaths would be necessary, but I don’t think Amanda is going to be in the finale as someone who is actually in the episode. I have a feeling she is going to be in a flashback. They would probably use Amanda as a mega villian, or possibly turn her to Nikita’s side, it would be completely un expected, but it is far out.

Comment by Anthony – May 11, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is that Alex is the one who dies.So excited about Season 3.

Comment by Abigael – May 11, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh that kiss between Nikita and nerd was so cute. I hope that everyone from Nikita’s family survives. I think Percy is the one that will be killed. Yes Ryan will be a series regular

Comment by JD – May 11, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, God, don’t let it be Birkhoff! I will be inconsolable if they kill off my nerd.

Comment by Erika – May 11, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s who I’m thinking! It would be so sad to lose him now :(

Comment by Emma – May 11, 2012 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • could it be Michael who dies?

Comment by cp – May 11, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Ari dying? That would add an interuesting new element to Amanda’s character and he’s been recurring for both seasons.

Comment by DS – May 11, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t see Maggie being torn about that. My thought is it’s either Amanda, Percy, Sean or Birkoff.

Comment by Dude – May 11, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling they’re gonna take control of division

Comment by Lee – May 11, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael or Sean dying wouldn’t be too horrible.I think Owen(Guardian) and Alex would be nice.

Comment by Shaun – May 11, 2012 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its Sean, Birkhoff or Percy…Maggie Q stated that she was torn off by the death, which means she had a close relationship with the actor. It may be Xander Berkeley, since she has said that she loves working with him, but who knows.

Comment by Jorge Castro – May 11, 2012 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay extremely trivial point based on the epicness of today (episode & renewal) but why did they cut this adorable forehead Mikita kiss?? I want all the Mikita goodness possible considering the normal weekly doses of ‘mind-numbing tragedy’! Ah well, Craig promised at C2E2 if we got a Season 3 that Mikita would actually get some sexy time ever again…I’m holding him to it…Season 3, YAY!!!

Comment by ndavika – May 12, 2012 01:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sean’s not going to die, because Maggie clearly stated it was a relationship they’ve built for TWO years, so my money’s on Birkhoff. And when they asked about Birkhoff/Sonya, she said it would be a cute little moment, she didn’t say anything about s3. In other interviews, I have read about a developing Nikita/Ryan relationship, so Ryan’s safe too. I just don’t want to lose anybody! *sniffles*

Comment by Ducky – May 12, 2012 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s either Alex (the character run its course) dying and sending Nikita on a revenge quest, or Percy dying and Nikita takes over division like in Angel seson 5.

Comment by Jerri M – May 12, 2012 02:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita got renewed. Celebrate!

Comment by Nikita Fan – May 12, 2012 02:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alex is my favourite character. If they kill her, the renewal was pointless for me. I love Birkhoff too, but if I had to choose, I’d kill him over her. Plus I think the kiss was suppose to foreshadow his death. He had his goodbye with NIkita (Alex didn’t).

Comment by Kiara – May 12, 2012 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its going to be Percy and then Division is going to be run by Nikita. Now that would be interesting.

Comment by greysfan – May 12, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That would be plainly repeating the original series La Femme Nikita ;) Plus, that’s not a loss for NIkita. She would be happy, if Percy died.

Comment by Kiara – May 12, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sean will be reunited with his mother in the afterlife. Alex’s character is more exciting without him as a shadow/bodyguard, plus they need her resources/money. Can’t kill the nerd Birkhoff – too valuable. Ryan can’t possibly fill his flip-flops/shoes. Michael also may not survive this one – save Nikita one last time.

Comment by roaming – May 12, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well if they kill Alex I will be devestated! She is my favorite character! All bets on Birkhoff though cause I think that kiss was supposed to foreshadow something!

Comment by soccerchic – May 12, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope its not the nerd. So cute when he kissed her and the look on Nikita’s and Michaels face.

Comment by sparky – May 12, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It can’t be Alex who dies. I don’t want it to be Alex or Birkoff or even Fletcher or Michael! Sean, it’s 50-50 possibility. My guess it’s Owen who dies.

Comment by TheLonelyPlace – May 12, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since Maggie said ‘two years’, that rules Sean out. And since I’m holding onto everything and praying that it won’t be Birkhoff (no, it just can’t be him!).

It COULD be Percy too. With all the Star Wars references in that last episode, maybe we could expect Percy going all, “Nikita, I am your father” on her?

If Nikita kills Percy, it’ll devastate her in a way. She finally gets to know who her father is, only to find out that he’s the one she hates the most, and then she has to kill him because that is what she has to do.

Then again, in another article, it says that the person who’s gonna die will be because of Amanda.

So excited yet so scared for the season finale!

Comment by dani – May 13, 2012 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They already killed Thom and Nathan, if they kill Sean too wouldn’t it be like going the same route over and over and over again? It’s always Alex’s love interest! But I don’t want Nikita, Micheal, Birkhoff, Alex or Sean to die! :’(

I’m scared that the beautiful moment at the end with Nikita and Micheal, would be Micheal dying though! I would be crushed if that happened! I hope it’s Amanda, Percy, Roan or even Owen!

Comment by OCrazy – May 13, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nathatn’s not dead. He might come back one day and I kinda hope he does. That would be an interesting turn for Alex. I don’t mind Sean but I don’t think Alex is really in love with him.

Comment by Kiara – May 13, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • - Amanda is going to be in season 3. They set her up for season 3 at the end of season 2.
      - It is probably Percy who dies, it would be sad for Maggie Q because she enjoys him as an actor.
      - It would be cool to see Mike die, but they won’t do it because of his ratings. It is the same reason they didn’t kill off Amanda. She was earning the highest ratings out of everyone else in the entire show. I think Mike is earning the 3rd highest at the moment.
      - Amanda is probably going to become a mega villian in season 3 ;)

Comment by Anthony – May 14, 2012 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey please let it not be Birkhoff my nerd,nor Mikita or Alex.My ges is that its sean otherwise i wil b greatly disturbd.If cw knows its Birkhoff please re-act it b4 friday.I watch it because of him also n i dont wanna lose him.

Comment by Raisa – May 13, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s obviously not Nikita, she’s the titular character and in this interview she basically confirms she doesn’t die. Can’t be Michael because he’s alive in the final scene of the finale and the creator’s already hinted at Mikita scenes in season 3. Can’t be Alex, she’s integral to the show and also her tweets have been way too happy for someone who isn’t coming back on the show. Can’t be Sean, knowing the creators of this show, they don’t like to make it to obvious and the obvioius choice is Sean. My guess is either Ari or Amanda. Ryan’s safe because he’s going to be recurring on season 3. Ari and Amanda’s deaths would be sad for Maggie because she likes working with them. My absoulte final answer? Amanda dies. Trust me, I’m never wrong about this stuff :)

Comment by Gurjot Uppal – May 14, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Amanda will be in Season 3. And Ryan won’t be recurring on Season 3, but a series regular. :)

Comment by Geoff – May 15, 2012 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just finished the episode and read this. Someone’s going to die? :(

It’s probably Percy since they’ve reached the point of no return once he made enemies with the President. Plus, he already made Dr. Evil plans with the Microwave Laser From Space!

And these pics look like Nikita and Michael are conferencing with Division people. Looks like they took over Division…

Comment by Kalee – May 15, 2012 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also, I would be surprised if Amanda died considering she’s been absent for the past 2 (3?) episodes. That would be totally anti-climactic.

Comment by Kalee – May 15, 2012 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post