TVLine Items: Lifetime Follows Whitney Houston's Family, Fashion Star Renewed and More
Lifetime has given the green light to The Houston Family Chronicles, a 10-episode docu-series that follows the late Whitney Houston’s family.
In a statement released Friday, the cabler’s EVP of Programming explained, “In this series, the multi-generations of the Houston family will bravely reveal their lives as they bond together to heal, love, and grow.”
Set to “star” in the project (premiering later this year) are the music icon’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina, and mother, Cissy Houston, as well as her brother Gary, sister-in-law Pat and niece Rayah.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• NBC has renewed the Elle Macpherson-hosted Fashion Star for a second season, Deadline reports.
• Both the Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire have been tapped to perform with rock legend Mick Jagger during the Saturday Night Live season finale airing May 19, EW.com reports
• Johann Urb (Eastwick, Dirt) has booked a major recurring role in the upcoming season of Californication. Per Deadline, he’ll play an openly gay movie star represented by Evan Handler’s Charlie.
• Jamie Kennedy will help host The CW’s upcoming musical chairs-esque reality show Oh Sit!, per EW.com. Tanika Ray (Extra) and Jessi Cruickshank (The Hills: The Aftershow) have also been named emcees.
• VH1 has ordered Miss You Much, a new reality show which features catch-up sessions with former TV, music and movie stars who went on to find fulfillment outside of the spotlight, EW.com reports. Taking part in the project are 90210 vet Jamie Walters, Baywatch alum Jeremy Jackson, Saved by the Bell‘s Lark Voorhies, Growing Pains’ Jeremy Miller, 98 Degrees co-frontman Jeff Timmons and hip-hop star Romeo.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?