Fall TV Preview

The CW Cancels Ringer and Secret Circle, Renews Hart of Dixie For Season 2

Hart of Dixie RenewedThe CW has renewed rookie charmer Hart of Dixie while canceling The Secret Circle and Ringer.

Dixie joins fellow returning CW series Gossip Girl, Nikita, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and 90210.

RELATED | The CW Picks Up Five New Series, Including Sex and the City Prequel and Comic Book Tale Arrow

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with all the news.

Comments (670)

• PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING RINGER BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Teri – August 29, 2012 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very disappointed about Ringer, my husband introduced me to the show and I got hooked. Every week we tuned into the show. We couldn’t wait for the following week, but we did. My husband is a BIG Buffy fan. I really enjoyed watching Sarah Michelle Gellar play a more serious role (dual characters), in my opinion she got talent.

Comment by Elaine – August 30, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wtf is the cw thinking about the ringer was an awesome show, so what now we never know what happens to Shavonne and Bridget? this blows I hate u CW

Comment by Tarsha spiller – August 31, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Btw, I was also a humongous buffy and angel fan, reealy luved her in the dual role as well. Sarah is a great actress, hope to see her in something else really soom. Maybe the RETURN OF BUFFY!!!

Comment by Tarsha spiller – August 31, 2012 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sorry to hear that there won’t be a second series of The Secret Circle.

I loved watching this programme and after seeing the season finale of the 1st series, I felt sure that a second series was a certainty.

The bosses that made this decision should be given the chop too as everyone I knew was watchng TCS and the amazing Ringer.

To those who made the decsion to axe this terrific show….please have a rethink and give your loyal viewers what they are looking for….a 2nd series!

Thank you.

Comment by Linda Toner – September 2, 2012 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont understand why u guys would cancel a really great show The Secret Circle im really bummed I never caught the first couple episodes but I watch one and I was hooked from then on and ya the finale was just awesome im 36yrs old and I know the show is more for a younger audience but wow that show was awesome please please rethink this u have to bring the show back. As for Vampire Diaries that show rocks I just got into that it this season that I went and got Netflix so I could watch all 40something episodes it took me three full days and two sleepless nights to watch them all if u guys cancel Vampire Diaries I will never watch your channel again please rethink The Secret Circle it was a great show I even got my 3teenagers hooked im extremely sad you guys have cancelled the show now we will never know how it ends…. Sure wish I knew..so again I ask as a fan and a loyal week to week watcher to please bring the show back! And also please release the season 3 of Vampire Diaries to Netflix also the same with The Secret Circle Thank You!

Comment by Kelee – September 2, 2012 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE VAMPIRE DIARIES AND THE SECRET CIRCLE! REALLY CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASONS TO START AND IM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSS FOR THE SECRET CIRCLE <3

Comment by Kelee – September 2, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you me and every female i know!

Comment by maggie – September 20, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m soo mad at the CW they cancel mine and my husband favorite show The legend of the seeker and NOW Secret Circle hmmm….

Comment by jazzy – September 10, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m disappointed to hear that the Secret Circle was canceled. I really loved the show, was looking forward to a second season. The ringer I can understand it wasn’t all that good. The Secret Circle that doesn’t make sense to me, hopefully the CW will come to their census and renew it for another season.

Comment by leslie – September 11, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • if they know whats good for thier ratings they will bring secret circle back!

Comment by maggie – September 20, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang, I wish Ringer hadn’t been canceled. It was such a gooooooood show! Loved every minute of it. The suspense, the mystery, and all those twists in the story! I’m gonna miss that.

Comment by L – September 12, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stupid! The secret circle is one of the best shows on! What is wrong with the cw people. Do you seriously not see a good show when it comes on. You need to put this show back on and take off whatever Emily doctor show your gonna play just the advertisements for it look dumb! Please put secret circle back on!

Comment by Carlie frandsen – September 15, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What? I have been waiting n waiting for months to watch Ringer n just found out it’s cancelled. That’s sucks.

Comment by Cece – September 19, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the only reason i watch the CW is because they are the ones that have vampire diaries and secret circle and now they have taken half my reason to watch them awy! this suck so much! bring back secret circle!

Comment by maggie – September 20, 2012 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • finish the secret circle first and start another damn thing again. you waisted our time. i wont watch niether the secret circle nor ringer again. i hate u

Comment by neda – September 22, 2012 03:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I REALLY THINK THAT RINGER SHOULD STILL AIR ME AND MY HUSBAND NEVER MISSED AN EPISODE I’M VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS ONE.:-(:-(:-(

Comment by shante – September 23, 2012 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMFG!!! TSC is cancelled i hope they bring it back cause they r gonna lose a lot of viewers CW!!!!!!!

Comment by Ava – September 27, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am disappointed that ringer and secret circle is not going to be on this season really liked the two shows.

Comment by pat – September 29, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the cw should be ashamed..they leave the boring junk on the station and cancel ringer and secret circle…if there is a chance you are going to cancel the show end it so that the fans want be upset that their want be another season…..NOW BRING SECRET CIRCLE AND RINGER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by REALFRUIT – October 8, 2012 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant believe Ringer and The Secret Circle were cancelled I have been looking forward to the second season!!!! These were the first CW shows that I have liked in a long time. I guess it’s back to ABC for me!

Comment by Laura martinez – October 10, 2012 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohmyyy, canceling that show is a horrible move.
    I’m so dissapointed. /:

Comment by allllly. – October 23, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • first of all yall shouldnt have can canceled Secret Circle it was a ( darn) good show and last if you would go high def quality like all other networks might get watched more and not have to cancel shows and not finishing them ol and buy the way beauty and the beast sucks but im sure it will finish out til the end

Comment by Crystal – October 25, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hart of dixie is pretty cool something to watch but pretty blonde for a doc bring back secret circle alot more intesting

Comment by minnie – October 26, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so pissed to learn that ringer was cancelled! I just discovered this serie in france and i think Ringer deserves a second saison. It’s always the same think when we love a serie in another country taht USA. This is unfair!!!!!

Comment by sydgi – October 26, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ughhhhhhhhhhhh im so friggin pissed i love The Secret Circle i absoloutly love Ringer i am so mad so upset that you would cancel it i hope both shos come back the were both way better than gossip girl i never once watched that stupid show you canceled my other fav Life Unexpected why bring these shows on here get us all in love with them then take them away from us i was so looking forward to watching them this season.. please please bring them back cw

Comment by April – October 29, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO sad ringer was canecled……:( ,,,,,,,,,,heart of dixie is awful SO trashy~

Comment by SNAKEY – November 1, 2012 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOW Ringer is on NEtFLIX………I have to rewatch season 1……………..Please bring in a season 2 ……….CW…………………………..please!

Comment by SNAKEY – November 1, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you got to be kidding me how can you cancel such a great show like The Secret Circle????? what is wrong with you people ughhhh put it back please cause im seriously thinking twice about watching anything else on your channel !! Everything was perfect the cast, story line so far like wow ! >:o not happy

Comment by Ash Mai – November 7, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the heck! Why would they cancel TSC out of all the shows!!! It’s freaking amazing! :(

I hate CW now… hopefully TSC finds a new network. :) :)

Comment by Meera – November 21, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im very upset there have been so many crappy shows on lately and the secret circle i actually kinda like plus i hate when a show or movie leaves you hanging they should at least be decent enough to do a final episode.

Comment by brittani – November 22, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I more then agree

Comment by Danni – November 29, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously????? Y would they jys leave us hanging like that????? They should have never ended the series that way!!! I LOVED Secret Circle it was very captivating!
    Not to mention the fact that I am huge vampire diaries fan so with the 2 bck2bck I stayed eyes glued to the tv!! This whole beauty and the beast series they picked up is awful!!!!

Comment by Danni – November 29, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HART OF DIXIE IS A GREAT SHOW!! I’m so glad it got renewed! :D however, I am completely bummed that the secret circle got cancelled, I was just getting hooked when they pulled the plug :(

Comment by maddy – December 11, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg i am so sad about ringer…my boyfriend and i used ti love that show! Fml!

Comment by britney – December 16, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi! I’ve been following your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Humble Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic job!
    venapro hemorrhoids treatment and venapro pills and cure for hemroids and also cure for hemroids

Comment by http://www.flatwaterspaddling.com – December 27, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • save the secret circel plz

Comment by eddi – December 27, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell no I love the secret circle show it should be a season 2 and 3 and maybe 4 I love it don’t do me like that lot of teenage love it like me and my friend we been waitin for season 2 bring it back

Comment by Tweety – December 27, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m from Russia … and I’m shocked that closed the series the secret circle, a very cool series … and would love to see what would happen … it just a little advertising was like the vampire diaries (((((in vain. . vain they closed …

Comment by Ole – January 20, 2013 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if i had to pick which show i want back,…THE SECRET CIRCLE!!!!!! no doubt !!! i love “supernatural “…& “vampire dairies” .. ..the secret circle fitted in perfectly..with that combination..should have put them all on together same night, & called it prime time supernatual night…now watch the ratings go up!!!!

Comment by ty – February 13, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s fair that secret circle was cancelled as i’ve read the original books and they go no further than the series had but to cancel ringer was a mistake especially as im from the uk and i know lots of people who seriously love this show but have no way of expressing their feelings. I feel the CW are making a big mistake especially that they are not taking into consideration the other countries who watch this show.

Comment by MM.Fash – February 19, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should bring back the secret circle, ringer!!! I don’t undxerstand why people start tv shows & then don’t bring them back an other season when there less viewed tv shows that always air. Like life unexpected just stopped randumly, both same girl/actor from secret circle. Do no harm only had like 3 episodes! Its stupid! Nine live of chole king was good too & that only did one season! HELLOOOOO!!! FINISH WHAT YOU START!!! PLEASE!!! THANK YOU!

Comment by kelly – April 19, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post