Fall TV Preview

The CW Cancels Ringer and Secret Circle, Renews Hart of Dixie For Season 2

Hart of Dixie RenewedThe CW has renewed rookie charmer Hart of Dixie while canceling The Secret Circle and Ringer.

Dixie joins fellow returning CW series Gossip Girl, Nikita, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and 90210.

RELATED | The CW Picks Up Five New Series, Including Sex and the City Prequel and Comic Book Tale Arrow

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with all the news.

Comments (670)

• Sad about Secret Circle being cancelled. But since that means Hart o Dixie was picked up, it’s a better trade off.

Comment by Stacie – May 11, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to like Hart of Dixie, but it’s usually the last thing I watch on the dvr. I would have much rather had Ringer and The Secret Circle survive for another year.

Comment by C.C. – May 11, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So TSC no, but that stupid Hart Of Dixie yes? WTF CW?

Comment by Suzy – May 11, 2012 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is it that the networks ALWAYS cancel the best shows they have. I think it is crazy that they get rid of the good shows and replace them with reality shows. I’m sorry but if I wanted to see a “reality” show, I’d just record my own life.

Comment by Staci – May 11, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never again! I will not waste my time and energy on another CW show …

Comment by Jim – May 11, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is wrong with this network? They cancelled Ringer and Secret Circle? really? Do they have any idea what their core audience likes? worst network ever.

Comment by Robn – May 11, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Ringer and TSC were two of the CW’s strongest shows, if not the two strongest period. Not at all surprised by the Ringer news as it struggled all season but a little surprised but TSC; something tells me if it had been in any other timeslot instead of behind the network’s biggest show it might’ve had a shot at a renewal but I guess it was shedding too many viewers(which is a shame because it was alot stronger creatively than TVD in the second half of the season). As for HOD, it’s a nice, harmless,time-killer with an overall appealing cast but I’d have to say I’d rather one of the other two shows made it to a second season over it.

Comment by ChrisGa – May 11, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And as a follow-up, even more sad that TSC and Ringer are gone and Gossip Girl and 90210 are still around; THOSE are the two that shoulda been canned.

Comment by ChrisGa – May 11, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I dont care about RINGER, NIKITA & HART OF DIXIE!!!! But Please The Secret Circle I want those witches back for Season 2 :(((((((

Comment by Anne – May 11, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What. I am SO gutted. I loved both of these shows, especially Ringer.

And they both finished on such cliffhangers too! I’d even be satisfied if they were both given 1 more episode to wrap everything up – the twins didn’t even get to meet! :(

Comment by DRW – May 11, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Heart of Dixie and Nikita were renewed but am disappointed Secret Circle was canceled. Once the show kicked into gear it became very entertaining. I kind of liked Ringer but have about 7 episodes on the DVR that I haven’t felt like watching so I’m not too upset about that one. I stopped watching Gossip Girl last year so they could have canceled it now and I would not have cared. Oh how I wish I had a Nielsen box to actually have my tv viewing habits counted for something.

Comment by monkles – May 11, 2012 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch the CW that much,but the one show I did watch was Ringer & now it’s gone. I’m a SMG fan since Buffy & her earlier work on All my Children. The show may not have been a ratings blockbuster, but I enjoyed it. Maybe we’ll get lucky & another network like TNT will pick it up. After all, TBS did pick up Cougar Town & that wasn’t an ratings blockbuster either.

Comment by Ron – May 11, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SEROUSLY the secret circle was one of my favorite shows?! how could they do this????
    we need an explanation!

Comment by danielle – May 11, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So they keep 90210 a floundering show and cancel the secret circle. What a waste

Comment by tamms1 – May 11, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The secret circle sucked. It should be cancelled. I told myslef after the 1st episode wasn’t going to last. But i also said I’ll give it a full season. And after watching the season finale, it still sucks. The writing was horrible.the actress who played Fay was the only actress that can actually act. Everyone else was boring and over acting. I can’t believe I wasn’t a whole season of my life watching this. What a waste of time.

Comment by sean – May 11, 2012 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m extremely disappointed about The Secret Circle being cancelled. I really hope the producers change their mind. The finale left no closure. Ridiculous! Very upset with CW!

Comment by Kim – May 11, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Secret Circle? WTF? I watch a LOT of television and I thought SC was one of the better new shows this year. It had a great lead in with VD and I can’t imagine its ratings dropped off that much to cause a cancellation. Also, they should have given us some closure last night with the finale. When I was watching, I had NO IDEA it was the last episode ever. C’mon CW…. give it a chance!

Comment by Steve Averett – May 11, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ARGG!!! Saw Ringer coming, still not happy about it. Really did not see Secret Circle being cancelled, their ratings have been pretty good compared to the others that got renewed :(. Glad about Nikita though!

Comment by April Marie Owens Villone – May 11, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad about ringer but so happy about hart of Dixie

Comment by Sarah – May 11, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How on Earth did they renew 90210 and not TSC??? I like 90210, I never missed an episode, but seriously it’s insane! And HoD and GG? Ugh, please. Are they high?!

I’ll still watch Nikita, 90210 and maybe reconnect with TVD if some people from this show stop being a-holes (I didn’t even start the season because I was appalled by this). But I won’t give the slightest chance to whatever new show they will have from now on because I’m tired of being freaking teased. And tired of disposable shows in general, whatever network they’re from. I’ll only start to watch something when I know for sure that it has been renewed for at least a second season.

I hate this tv era we’re in where a show is not given a chance if it doesn’t start with crazy ratings right away. The Secret Circle deserved to live, it’s was only starting to find its own pace.

I’m still mad at CW for LUX and Veronica Mars. Geez, even a little for Hellcats.

Comment by Jane – May 11, 2012 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no the secret circle cant be cancelled

Comment by Litzy Bruno – May 11, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks secret circle cancelled im piss off.Now nobody is going to happen with the circle.Did cassie and diana stays with their circle join or are their going to join their dark blackwell sibilings dark circle. And also, what the hell is goung on with adam and the crystal skull.

Comment by josh – May 11, 2012 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW sucks, why the hell would they cancel The Secret Circle? Will they sell it to another channel, I’m addicted, right after I watch TVD I watch TSC, that makes me sick, it’s an awesome show!
    I still can’t believe this, everyone I know watches those two back to back, I’m afraid to give the terrible news :(

Comment by Nicky – May 11, 2012 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well you just suck for making me happy with SC getting renewed and then taking it all away! Get it right next time! @W#$@$#@$#@$#@+

Comment by Jennifer Krall – May 11, 2012 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love both hart of dixie and ringer and i just wasnt a fan of secret circle however i am still suprised it was canceled but at least if i cant have my ringer they didnt take away my hart of dixie too because thats my new favorite cw show

Comment by kate – May 11, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omfg this is my fav serie..WANT SECOND SEASON NOW! LOVE SECRET CIRCLE <3

Comment by stanley – May 11, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is just getting stupid, they just canceled alcatraz and now these two for a show that that sucks

Comment by freddy – May 11, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am soooo not happy. They are soo stupid for cancelling my Secret Circle it was on of my fav shows.! I hate the stupid tv network that was a really good show.! Stupid TV.!

Comment by Sierra Burnett – May 11, 2012 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! wtf!!!! NOT RINGER!!!!!!! They pick up that Nikita crap!!!?? Arghhhhhhh!!!!!

Comment by Tananai – May 11, 2012 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watching anything on the cW again!!!!!

Comment by Tananai – May 11, 2012 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You can’t do this to me cw. Bring back the secret circle you can’t let it end like that. Cassie and Adam are destined to be.

Comment by Kaylee – May 11, 2012 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF Secret Circle serioiusly just got good, their cliff hanger was THE cliffiest (not a word but oh well) Bring my show back :(

Comment by Takeya – May 11, 2012 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m disappointed that Ringer was cancelled but I was completely expecting it. I’m so glad that Nikita and Hart of Dixie were both renewed. They are great shows and hopefully things will pick up for the CW so we get more of both those shows.

Comment by Charlie – May 11, 2012 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 out of 3 for me…not bad! Sad but not surprised about Ringer–elated about Nikita, and very happy about Hart of Dixie! :)

Stopped watching Secret Circle after the mid-season finale, but I admit, up until a couple of weeks ago, I would have been very shocked at its cancellation, from a ratings perspective.

Comment by shel – May 11, 2012 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel sorry for The Secret Circle cast if they thought they were renewed at first. Good bunch of actors… and the show was getting better by the end. Unfortunately the writers kind of sucked. :P But I have to give them credit for addressing some of the fan’s complaints and trying to fix the show’s problems. Too bad it was too little too late.

Still think it should’ve been renewed, out of the 3 shows. I bet they cancelled it to save money on special effects and stunts.

Comment by songspin – May 11, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OH MY GOD! THE SECRET CIRCLE CANCELED!! IT`S VERY STUPID IDEA!! I LOVE THIS SHOW AND I WANT 2 SEASON AND ALL FANS WANT TO!!!!! F##NG S###T!

Comment by Mariya – May 11, 2012 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope their new shows are good because they canceled 2 shows I watched and they renewed one I would never ever want to watch. 2 more shows I can add to the list of shows with no property ending. It feels like watching a movie and shutting it off in the middle or before the last 15 minutes, so annoying. I wish networks could make decisions sooner and make less people mad. Also having an ending would help sell a complete series set better.

Comment by Chad Cronin (@ChadCronin) – May 11, 2012 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly with those 2 show off the CW there is no reason for me to go back to that station.

Comment by Jennifer Rene – May 11, 2012 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring The Secret Circle back by all means. The Secret Circle appeals to a fanbase worldwide unlike Hart of Dixie which is boring.

Comment by Belinda – May 11, 2012 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sad about the secret circle, but really happy about hart of dixie!!

Comment by airhead – May 12, 2012 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its pathetic they renewed heart of dixie and nakita.. the secret circle was a much better show. The viewers were better, everything about the show was better. I hope another network decides to pick it up.. or we can save it some how. If not I’m done with cw, there’s nothing else on that network worth watching. All those shows suck. I say people should really ban together and boycott the cw. Show them what they did was wrong and maybe they will be less assholes and pay attention to numbers and fan bases instead of whatever favors the hod and nakita crews are doing for the heads of the network. Cause something is deffiantly going on. Just pathetic I tell ya.

Comment by nikki – May 12, 2012 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would they cancel!!!!! =O
    The Secret Circle is loved by many , what is Wrong with the CW ! , Can you take the viewers ‘views’ under consideration…..=/
    And the finale left sooooooo many possibilities open , such mystery !!

Comment by Salma – May 12, 2012 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sooooooo confused. On FB, when TVline posted, the headline (link) states that CW renewed Hart of Dixie AND Secret Circle, but cancels Ringer. You click on it, then the headline to the article and the article say it’s canceled……..which is it?

Comment by Tory Stevens Howell – May 12, 2012 01:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!Heart of Dixie!!!!!Love that show <3

Comment by Stanislava – May 12, 2012 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad about Ringer. Nikita got renewed. Celebrate!

Comment by Nikita Fan – May 12, 2012 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am also gutted that TSC has been axed. The show has developed into a great series with compelling characters by series end, and looked like it was heading into a fantastic second season, which doesn’t happen with many CW shows. The network are much too hasty with their axe, HOD’s ratings were not much better, and many of the longer running shows. The CW are much too hasty with their axe, and I will now be boycotting their shows.

Comment by dan – May 12, 2012 02:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I haven’t watched the last 3 episodes of TSC. They are still on my DVR. Guess I can go ahead and delete them.

Comment by Sg.Grant – May 12, 2012 02:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooo, i loved the tsc. Maybe we can pull a Jericho together….

Comment by Vanessa – May 12, 2012 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very sad about Secret Circle!! I am from Ukraine, here we have big fanclub of TSC. All fans from Ukraine and Russia in mourning =((

Comment by Liza – May 12, 2012 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Secret Circle is cancelled? You have to be kidding me! AFTER THAT FINALE??!!! I would be less pissed if you cancelled The Vampire Diaries. -,-

Comment by Laura – May 12, 2012 02:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post