This Just In: NBC Cancels Harry's Law

Harry's Law CancelledCourt has permanently adjourned for Harry’s Law.

NBC has cancelled the struggling Kathy Bates courtroom drama after two seasons.

RELATED | NBC Renews Parks and Recreation, Up All Night and Whitney

It joins fellow 2011-12 Peacock casualties Are You There Chelsea?, Awake, Best Friends Forever, Bent, Free Agents, The Playboy Club, Prime Suspect and The Firm.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

1. mary c blair says:

NBC DO ANOTHER SINGING SHOW….DUH THAT’S NEVER BEEN DONE. WHO MAKES THESE DECISIONS. I hope CBS or ABC PICKS IT UP..

2. Jean E Enright says:

Let’s find out who the Advertisers are for Harrys Law, that’s who’s responsible for cancellation.
    Boycott it’s advertisers…pass it on to all your friends!

3. T. GUCCI says:

THE FIRM LOOKS LIKE ITS CANCELLED EVEN WITH MORE EPISODES REMAINING. SCREW NBC

4. shelli says:

This is crazy, bring back harrys law. Finally a tv program I can watch with the family and everyone I know loves this program. Shame on you NBC and I fall into the 18-49 demo and I am none to happy. I hope another network picks it up and shows you all what a HUGE mistake you made. Its dreadful!

5. Vixter says:

I loved Harry’s Law! High ratings don’t count?? NBC YOU PULLED A BONER! This is a great show with a big heart. I hope NBC collapses into bankruptcy. No wonder you are failing. With crap like Whitney, and Love In the Wild, it should be called No Brain Channel.

6. Doris Varoli says:

I and many of my friends agree that Harry’s Law is one of the best shows on TV, and we’re VERY UNHAPPY to hear it might be canceled next season because it was popular, especially with seniors , , Sad that the highest viewership of any scripted drama was can eled because the audience is too old ! , Quality TV programs are hard to come by, and I hope NBC changes its mind or that another station will pick up this special show.

7. Stuart Forbes says:

I am from the UK and i must admit I am staggered and dismayed that Harry’s Law has been cancelled. I have followed this series right from the first episode and i couldn’t wait for the next episode to come every time i had finished with the last one. Why does it seem that ll the good series get cancelled? I have never seen a show be picked up by another network in the UK but i cling on to the hope that it happens quite regularly in the states, is it likely?

• Lindsay Adams says:

Me too.(UK) They did the same with Boston Legal. I’m re-watching those at the moment. That was also such a good series.

8. galpalal says:

I wonder if NBC even reads these comments, and if so, why aren’t they doing something about this? Harry’s Law is an excellent program with so much promise. I CAN’T believe NBC is canceling it!!! Blame the time slot for the ratings NOT the program. NBC decided when to run it, if the ratings weren’t what was expected blame yourself NBC!! This network is in last place for a reason. I believe NBC an acronym for “Nothing But Crap”. If another network picks this show up, I’m so there!!! We gotta save Harry’s Law!!!

9. It’s obvious that the “peacock” is going to the dogs. I put this decision on a par with putting Jay Leno on prime time and letting Conan ruin the tonight show! The idiots at NBC need to be replaced with people that know what the hell they’re doing. I won’t be watching much on NBC this next season and don’t plan on patronizing any of their sponsors. This was the worst possible decision that NBC could have made. We have only missed one episode since the show premiered. Kathy Bates and cast are excellent and we consider this show to be on a par with all of the other successful courtroom dramas like LA Law and a few other ones….We truly believe that viewership was and would continue to grow as more and more folks got turned on to the cast and story lines that made the show so great but, now, unless an other network picks it up, they’ll never have that chance and it’s a sad day for TV all the way around. It’s getting harder and harder to find GOOD programming for anyone with a brain that’s not into this ‘reality’ fodder they think is ‘great television’. We don’t watch anything remotely considered ‘reality’ any more as we have found them to all be fake and usually ‘scripted’ and very badly acted as well. What is ‘entertainment’ coming to? Would love to see ANY other network, cable or otherwise, pick up this great series and not let us dedicated fans down.

• pat says:

Now that is a good idea. Why don’t someone get into television with good drama shows produced by people who have morals – modern day shows similar to “leave it to beaver” showing how a family of today’s world should live.

10. NBC has lost it’s mind. Hopefully USA will pick up another great series that didn’t seem to cater to the right demographics. HARRY’S LAW is a great show.

11. Patti says:

This show actually had talent and credibility – and was very entertaining. No wonder CBS and ABC are thriving and NBC is tanking. If you look at the list of cancelled shows, Harry’s Law is far and above any of the remainder of them. SO disappointed…..I am about finished with NBC!!

12. Margaret Smith says:

“Harry’s Law” is one of our favorite shows…haven’t missed an episode. Guess we’ll move to watching something on CBS. Wake up NBC…you’re canceling a great show, so we’ll cancel watching NBC.

13. Margo & Jim says:

How could you cancel Harry’s Law??? The performance of the actors and the writing of the scripts has been outstanding. This is an incredible drama series and the only one worth watching. Not one executive of NBC would ever work for me. What a bunch of clowns and the sad part is you get paid.

14. Linda Black says:

I AM ANOTHER FAN OF HARRY’S LAW!!! REALLY DISCUSSING THAT THEY ARE CANCELED! I HOPE THIS NETWORK GOES UNDER!!!! THEY DESERVE THE WORST REVIEWS EVER! I HOPE ANY NEW SHOW THAT REPLACES HARRY’S LAW TANKS AND THEY LOSE MORE MONEY THAN THEY COULD IMAGINE!! IT SEEMS THAT MONEY IS WHAT THEY ARE CONCERNED ABOUT, SO I HOPE AND SO DO OTHERS THAT I KNOW THAT WATCHED HARRY’S LAW HOPE THEY LOSE A BUNCH OF MONEY AND GET SOME TYPE OF TV VIRUS!

15. Carol Borys says:

Very disappointed that NBC has cancelled “Harry’s Law.” I don’t watch a whole lot of T.V. but this is one of the shows I did enjoy! Too many reality shows and that seems to be all thats on anymore! Making a big mistake by cancelling a show that was as good as that…hopefully another network will pick it up!
    Carol Borys Saskatchewan Canada

16. M.goodman says:

Can’t believe NBC cancelled Harry’s Law. Certainly one of the best series on tv. Hopefully it will be picked up by USA or TNT. Big mistake NBC!
    M. Goodman

17. mary says:

here is another case for Harry. ageism vs tv drama cancellation. harry wears 5 inch heels in the courtroom. harry trips over a inappropriately placed extension cord. cord was being used for an exhibition. harry’s fall results in heel injury to Harry. sounds dumb? just like the “heels” who decide to cancel Harry

18. Rosie Moore says:

I hate that they cancelled Harrys Law my favorite . I love Kathy Bates , Please change your mind and bring it back . This is just wrong . And I am not old you people just dont get it .

19. I love Harry’s Law. I rarely watch NBC now it appears I will not be watching it AT ALL

20. Rhonda Leigh says:

Evidently the network executives at NBC have no idea what good television programming looks like anymore…..tainted by “reality” tv. Harry’s Law was in my opinion and judging by some of the previous posts many others agree a truly intelligent, well written and very entertaining show which appealed to all demographics. Canceling this show seems to be a “crime”. I can only hope that another network can see past all this reality garbage programming, pick up Harry’s Law and take advantage of NBC’s error in judgement.

21. Holly N says:

Harry’s Law is an outstanding, entertaining show, that also have good story lines. NBC is a bunch of morons. I am not old. And if I remember “old people” are the only ones with money these days. So maybe the sponsers should change not the programing.

22. Rose Norton says:

I live in England and watch Harry’s Law. I used to watch Ally McBeal too. Your networks in America seem to be completely crazy. They cancel good shows and keep rubbish! It if didn’t work in one time shot, move it! I’m tired of all the reality shows, dumb down shows and general ‘playing to the idiots among us’ shows. So, when an intelligent show comes along its definitely one to watch. Then ‘they’ (the faceless wonders) cancel it. Too intelligent for you perhaps? Looks like I’ll be watching my DVDs again!!

23. Anne DiGuardo says:

Cancelled Harry’s Law — who does your programming…they should be fired! Where are you (NBC) in the ratings? Hopefully another network will have more foresight and pick up the show. Such a shame.

24. Donna White says:

Cancelling Harry’s Law just dramatically exposes the disconnect between NBC & it’s sponsors and their viewing public. Harry’ Law was the only program on NBC that I faithfully recorded this past year & now I will just have more time for the other networks & cable. Seems the village idiots are running wild at NBC.

• maureen black says:

Maybe NBC or ANOTHER NETWORK could get the companies who sponsored shows like Golden Girls, Matlock and so many other shows that featured an “older” star. Kathy Bates is a terrific actress and it was a privilege to be able to see her every week. NBC shame on you. Hope all the “old” execs at NBC are watching their backs, the baby execs seem to be out for blood.

25. Sarah says:

nbc finally had a winner and so they cancel it.I guess it is time to stop watching nbc tv.Such a shame. I am sick of getting hooked on good tv and then having it pulled out of the line up. Shame, Shame,Shame on whoever cancelled Harry’s Law.

26. T. GUCCI says:

We Seniors do not matter to NBC. the want a younger audience. Well if they don’t want us we don’t want them. BOYCOTT NBC SHOW THEM THAT WE MATTER TO.

• pat says:

Exactly, I also hate all the stupid commercials on TV. I spend most of my time reading on the internet since the TV executives have removed all the intelligent shows and now have stuff like “So you think you can dance” – how stupid!!

27. Conrad James says:

NBC is a ass! This is one of the few shows that gives me a substantive reason to own a TV! In an age when mindless shows like Two Broke Girls, How I met Your Mother, Whitney and a slew of others remain on TV … and whilst the 9 millionth CSI and Law & Order this or that airs … NBC sees fit to take sack one of the far too few shows that actually has some well rounded characters, meaningful plots and amusing dialogue. Just goes to show you that God is in fact dead and Neilson is his mid-season replacement.

What a piece of work is man and his ever so flawed Nielsen rating system! Did any of the network executives ever stop to think that the people who watch more interesting shows such as Harry’s Law also buy consumer products? If they skewed their advertisers properly, to suit the demographics of their audience, perhaps everyone would be happy!

But no, they all want the exact same mindless audience. What a bunch of morons!!!

• maureen black says:

I have been saying the same thing on all the Harry’s Law sites since the cancellation. I find it odd that on some of the “younger demographic” shows there are ads for Depends, Polident and other products that are geared to the “older demographic”. Guess they think the 18-49 group are interested in EVERYTHING and us 49 and up group are interested in NOTHING. NBC you have really shot yourselves in the foot over this one.

28. BARA ANN DELUCA says:

I DON’T UNDERSTAND NBC. HARRY’S LAW IS SUCH A GREAT ENTERTAINING SHOW. WHAT MADE THEM CANCE THIS SHOW. ARE THEY NUTS? I AM NOT GOING TO WATCH ANYTHING ON NBC ANYMORE UNTIL THEY RESTORE HARRY’S LAW.

29. Dee Bailey says:

I can’t believe they have cancelled Harry’s Law. It’s one of the best shows on UK TV at the moment. My husband & I love it – as does my Mum who watches it in Canada.
    The cast & storylines are great & Kathy Bates is excellent. I really hope another network picks it up.

30. marcia says:

i just read the shows on nbc being cancelled, and most of your shows are being cancelled. do you have chimps making the decisions there? or are there idiots picking bad shows and cencelling the best one you have, such as harry’s law. i understand it is being cancelled because the boomers are watching it and not the 18-35. you forget the boomers have the money. time to get rid of the execs who are still wearing diapers and sucking their mothers teats, because the certainly do suck.

31. this a great show. please put it back on!

32. Are these people NUTS……Katey Bates!!!!!!!!! One of the BEST actress EVER…and you cancel her show?……..HARRY was one of the BEST shows on TV…if viewing was off it was bedcause of the time it was on!….It kept jumping…and against BIG programs….PLEASE…PLEASE….PLEASE….Give it another CHANCE in a better slot…….!

33. Toni says:

so disappointed that Harry’s Law has been cancelled. My favorite show. Network must have a very different opinion of what the majority of us like. Better watch out.

34. M Brooks says:

The UK is so far behind (and me) in airing shows that I didn’t realise there would be no more Harry’s Law! I too am appalled by the decision to axe such a great programme. I am sick to death of all these reality shows either ones based in the USA or here in the UK they are so dumb and I don’t ever watch them. I also love The Closer, another one of my favourite progs. The Good Wife….is absolutely brilliant so I suppose that faces the axe too? How about Bones, does that face the chop too? I am addicted not only to the prog but to Kathy Reichs the author. So I suppose my TV viewing will be severely reduced from now on, oh well I could always go and paint a wall or something.

• Barbara says:

Welcome from across the pond. As far as I know Bones (my absolute favorite) and the Good Wife have been renewed. I’m sure you know that The Closer is currently airing the last 6 episodes of that series. They are doing a spinoff with Captain Raydor and from the ads it looks like the same crew from The Closer will be on the show. I just read that it was Kyra Sedgwick’s decision to end the series. I really hate to see it go but I guess if the star wants to end it, there’s nothing we can do.

35. HollyAnn says:

BOOOOO!!!! I love this show…

36. barb says:

my husband and I watched the show all the time. I started from day one and then my husband got hooked on it.They take off the good shows and leave the crappy ones on. We need to get Harry’s law back on.

37. Debbie says:

I am heartbroken to learn Harry’s Law is cancelled. My husband told me he read this, so I just checked it out. I am the older generation, we have nothing of interest on TV, this is sad.

38. Are we Americans stuck with mindless Kardasians…..there ARE some of us left who prefer superior quality…to mindless depravfity…
    We NEED to have “Harry” in our lives…for something to look forward to on the boob tube….Don’t those mindless people who controll the “Who stays, who goes” understand that WE are the folks with the bucks…not the sots that stay at home to druel over some idiots, living vicariously through idos as they hang their dirty laundry out to dry…..
    PLEASE… give US something to look forward to….”HARRY” was our savior….Kathy Bates will do very well without US ….but we can’t do with our HER…
    Please understand that her “ratings” were due to placement in the scheduling, and jumping it all around…even I have a had time finding her sometimes….
    UNITE ALL…..start a “BRING BACK HARRY CAMPAIGN”…or stop watching the station that had her!!!!!

39. Larry says:

Oh my …please bring back Harry’s Law

• OVER 50….Who do they think made them their money to begin with…and dont forget people are living into their 100’s today…in another 50 years they may be even older…Personally…I dont care WHO advertises a show…I DVR every show I like…and view it at my pleasure…cause Im over 50 and out having fun!

40. Maria says:

NBC sucks full stop ! We in Oz love it and Missing.. Keep them both on,u guys have way to many people in ur country to have a high ratings .. Does everything have to be such a high rating ?

41. NINA BUDD says:

IT JUST PROVES THAT THE POWERS THAT BE DON’T KNOW WHAT AN ENTERTAINING
    SHOW IS. I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT HARRY’S LAW WAS CANCELLED AND SOME REALLY DUMB SHOWS WERE ALLOWED TO RETURN… I GUESS THAT JUST AS WE RESURREDCTED CAGNEY AND LACEY WE CAN TRY TO RESSURECT HARRY’S LAW.

42. Judie D. says:

Whats wrong with yoiu guys… Leave Harry alone… The show was great… You are as usual making a big mistake…

43. I have watched Harry’s Law from the beginning and cannot believe that NBC has done another cancellation of a Great Show. They just don’t know how good the following has been. How can we go about starting a PETITION for this show. I wish one of the other networks would pick it up and leave NBC in the lurch.

44. Mimi says:

NBC is a stupid ass! Harry’s Law was a great show and refreshing for a change. Guess
    I won’t be watching NBC anymore.! They have a show of substance and scratch it, go
    figure

45. Henry says:

loved this show – will really miss it!!!

46. Jen says:

Seriously… This show is cancelled yet the masses turn into the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo.. The world has indeed gone mad…

47. Janice says:

Maybe management at NBC needs to be re-evaluated? After the TODAY show dumped Ann and now Harry’s Law cancelled, I’m done with NBC. There’s many other options especially since they don’t value the viewers opinions.

48. The Harry's Law ... Family says:

NBC has made a terrible decision by not renewing Harry’s Law…..I guess FX or some other network will have to due since NBC has really lost it by dropping this show… Goodbye NBC

49. Libby Clark says:

What a shame. NBC has cancelled another good show and gotten rid of the best & most intelligent reporter, Ann Curry, they had. Nothing left on NBC but junk. Management doesn’t know good acting and writing or good entertainment for that matter. Oh well, thank goodness there are other stations for news and entertainment.

50. Karla says:

Bad choice NBC. You used to be my favorite network but I am really disappointed in some of the decisions you have made. Harry’s Law was a fantastic show!! I hope you reconsider your decision after Ms. Bates recovers.