This Just In: NBC Cancels Harry's Law

Harry's Law CancelledCourt has permanently adjourned for Harry’s Law.

NBC has cancelled the struggling Kathy Bates courtroom drama after two seasons.

RELATED | NBC Renews Parks and Recreation, Up All Night and Whitney

It joins fellow 2011-12 Peacock casualties Are You There Chelsea?, Awake, Best Friends Forever, Bent, Free Agents, The Playboy Club, Prime Suspect and The Firm.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

1. T. GUCCI says:

PUT HARRY’S LAW BACK ON THE AIR. YOU FREAKIN IDIOTS. CANCEL A REALITY SHOW THEY ALL SUCK

• Paula says:

We all need to go to NBC on Facebook and tell them what we think about their bad judgement by taking Harry’s law of the air, bad move on their part.

2. Susanne says:

Well NBC you’ve done it again!!!??? How do you renew comedies that aren’t funny and cancel a show that just kept getting better every week??!! We people in the 48 and over demo have money to spend and your sponsors need to give their heads a shake!! Sadly there is nothing to make me tune in to NBC now and in the future….well I’ll think twice before I commit to a network that could do this to so many good shows!! I’ll stick with CBS THANKS!!

3. Margaret says:

I am so mad that Harry’s Law has been cancelled. It is such a great show and so witty. I love all the characters. NBC, you are just ridiculous!

4. Al P says:

This is crazy! This is the only show I like on TV and you cancell it? This show has good script, it is intelligent, entertaining, good acts, and a very good tv show. I am very upset and I hope some other network will pick it up. This is dumb!!!

• PaulaY. says:

Instead of laying down and not doing anything, everyone who has written a comment on here should all get together and voice our displeasure to NBC and tell them how we feel.
      We need to get a petition up,call the sponsers, do whatever it takes to ave Harry’s Law

5. Rose says:

This is unbelievable. One of the best shows on TV, cancelled. They actually bring some of the more obscure happenings in this country to the front seat. Maybe that’s the problem. Too much KNOWLEDGE. Oh and NBC…I’m IN your stupid demographic range. And quite frankly, I couldn’t give a rats tail about your commercials. That was the only show I watched on NBC and now they have lost me as well. I’m hoping another network, a cable network like USA or TNT preferably will pick this show up.

6. Martha bauman says:

I hope this helps. Please do not take harry’s law off the air. It is a great combination of serious issues and humor. The acting is very good making this show a show that one can look forward to seeing each week.
    Kathy bates once again shows her talent. She is great.

7. bk miller says:

Boo….shame on the sponsors! I love this show, and now that my children are out of the house, I actually have money to spend. Guess who I buy for? I spend money on things for my children, grandchildren and myself. So, don’t assume we older people don’t spend money, and we even spent money on the things advertised. However, not anymore!

8. Kristen says:

I am 25 years old, and I LOVE Harry’s Law. So very disappointed about this. And by the way, dear advertisers, I refuse to purchase products that are heavily commercialized. For every commercial you play while I’m watching my shows, I not only FAST FORWARD through them, but that’s how many of your products that I WILL NOT purchase.

9. tiana says:

HARRY IS AWESOME!!!!! I cant believe the network was STUPID eeenough ro cancel Harry. The rest of the line up is for the mindless.

10. FactCheck says:

Hey NBC, why don’t you go back to giving Leno the 10 PM slot since that worked out oh so well for you last time. Seriously, a room full of chimps could run this network better.

11. Leigh says:

I love Harry’s Law. I am heartbroken.

• T. GUCCI says:

BOYCOTT NBC.. GET ON NBC WEBSITE EMAIL THEM THAT YOU ARE BOYCOTTING ALL THEIR PROGRAMS. THEY HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF CANCELLING GOOD SHOWS. DON’T GET SUCKED IN ON ANY NEW PROGRAMS THAT THEY ARE JUST GOING TO CANCEL. BOYCOTT NOW

12. Mike Martin says:

This show has continually matured and developed the characters for long-term growth. It presents a somewhat fanciful take on the hard issues of the day, just like Boston Legal before it. To cancel it now it just ridiculous. NBC will look like fools – again – for doing this. Please someone pick it up!!!

13. Kato says:

It’s very disappointing that they’re canceling Harry’s Law. It’s such a good show. I’m 20 and I really enjoy it! I also hope another network will consider it.

14. Kato says:

It’s very disappointing that they’re canceling Harry’s Law. It’s such a good show. I’m 20 and I really enjoy it! It has definitely become one of my favorite shows. I really hope another network will consider picking it up. NBC obviously knows nothing and should really consider the views and opinions of everyone, regardless of age. How absurd.

15. Trala says:

With all the negative crap happening in our current day, why o why would you cancel one of the best, wittiest, humorous and downright likable shows on the air. This show is enjoyed by my teens and young adults and often provokes family discussions about our beliefs and values. Also, it’s great to know that even though it is just a tv show, it gives hope to the disenfranchised and downtrodden that there is good in the world with good, compassionate people who care and champion for the rights of others.

On the other hand you have such horrible shows as two broke girls, the show in itself is vulgar and disgusting and the characters are shallow and unlikable, not to ,mention it airs in prime time and is totally inappropriate, filled with all the sex and sexual innuendo. Do you remember when tv couples had to sleep in separate beds. I don’t want my children learning about the seedy side of sex from tv. I could go on about all of the other crap shows, but it would take too long……but you have the audacity to cancel Harry’s Law.

I agree that the first season was better, but the second season has improved since the first two or three episodes. I’m reminded of the great superman…searching for truth, justice and the American way. I’m upset that apparently, Dish does not offer me the opportunity to watch Me-Tv, which I would love….call me old fashion but forward progress isn’t always a good thing especially when it lacks morals. If WESH can create a 2.2 station for the Me-Tv, why can’t they create a 2.3 station for quality shows like Harry’s Law and leave the crap shows on the regular WESH, then I wouldn’t have to worry my children might see more than they should and I could watch my shows on the 2.3 integrity station.

16. Paula says:

Let’s all band together and get NBC”s attention with our displeasure of the cancelling of Harry’s Law, if TBS picked up the stupid Couger Town and anoter network picked up the idiot show PanAm, why can’t some other network pick up Harry’s Law? I for one will not watch NBC anymore.

• T. GUCCI says:

AMEN TO THAT.. BOYCOTT NBC. IF YOU GET INVOLVED IN A SHOW YOU LIKE THEY JUST GO AHEAD AND CANCEL IT.

• T. GUCCI says:

HEY PAULA: WHAT ABOUT THE FIRM? THEY CANCELLED THAT ALSO, ANOTHER GOOD SHOW. NBC EXECS ARE IDIOTS

17. Mary Lou Annable says:

Save it. Please,

18. Shirlee Adamson says:

Who are the idiots that decided that great acting, great writing, intelligent and entertaining show should be cancelled. As a family, we loved the timely subject matter. NBC rather produce shows that monkey brains like. Sad.

19. i love Harry’s law, it’s so fresh. quirky and addresses some really tough issues. Do the Tv execs think we are all mindless morons who feed vicariously on a diet of reality tv, simon cowell machinistic twaddle, take away, disposable tv, i have words but i can’t use them here, and what about Awake. finally we have creative writers and scripts and characters that make you think and then some suits just wipe it all away. we in ireland loooove harry, awake, touch etc it’s food for the soul. Demogaphic my irish ass crock of patronising sh****te more like it

20. Lori says:

I can not believe they have cancelled Harrys Law! As a 45 year old woman I want a show that looks at issues intelligently and entertains. Our current television choices are crap, between too much reality TV, shows that ran out of material 2 seasons ago like The Office, and the brainless teen angst dramas, besides the good crime & law shows what do we have? I followed this show when they moved it to Sundays which I fgured would kill it and this show has always stood out. My parents watch it, but younger people are watching. I hope they wise up and bring it back! Kathy Bates at her finest!

21. Mark says:

It’s to my understanding the advertisers are going after the 18-25 year old demographics. If they did not pick up anymore business from that demographic while advertising during a tv show that appeals to an older demographic, then they should look into what an 18-25 year old does with their time.
    I certainly did not watch much tv at all when I was that age. I was spending my time out at nightclubs, restaurants, and sporting events, just as they still do.

22. Ann says:

They will probably replace it with yet another stupid “reallity” show. That sucks, Harry’s Law was one of the best “un politically correct” shows in a long time. My husband and I will miss you Harry.

23. Sallie Gutman says:

NBC is nuts to cancel Harry’s Law…I loved it…leave the crap on & keep cancelling the few good shows….

24. Carnine says:

What a shame that a program of this quality has been given the boot, but when did quality ever trump the buck? Give us more of your money-making junk, NBC, but don’t count me among your viewers. And your sponsors–we will not be choosing their products or services anytime soon. Shame on you all.

25. S Hansen says:

NBC – You just don’t get it. This is the only show I watch on your network. It’s the only show worth watching.

26. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON’T CANCEL HARRY’S LAW!!!! It is the smartest and most relevant show on TV! This show doesn’t need the under 49 bracket… 60 year old’s love it!!! Michael Auriello…please get this message to NBC ASAP!!!!!!!!! WE WANT HARRY’s Law firm and shoe store back next season!!! PLEASE!!

• if anyone at the network is listening we will start a campaign and send you millions of nuts just like we didi when cbs cancelled jehico. remember . NO MORE STUPID REALITY SHOWS !!!!!!! this is good drama/comedy

27. i say we all send nbc 100lbs each of p-nuts so the network knows we think they are nuts to cancel this show

28. molly says:

I’m not of the older crowd and I loved the show. Bring it back, or someone else take it!

29. DELORES JOHNSON says:

I HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CONTACT THE SPONSERS TO HELP ME WITH KEEPING SHOW ON, IF THEY DO NOT HELP I WILL GET ALOT OF PEOPLE TO BOYCOTT THEIR PRODUCTS. BRING BACK HARRYS LAW NEXT SEASON!

30. Rik says:

NBC has a great show with Harry’s Law. They are crazy to cancel it!
    I hope another network will be smart enough to pick this show up and kepp it going for awhile longer.

31. Walter Trauceniek says:

crappy reality shows, and dumb sitcoms is all nbc wants. Harrys Law was a well acted, well written drama, with topical current issues. So of course NBC (not Bright Corp) cancels it, instead of promoting it. Thats it for Nbc for me, hope TNT or someone else picks it up,

32. Judy Gove says:

I can not understand why you are cancelling Harry’s Law, my husband and I love this show! Kathy Bates does a great job of protraying her character and so does all of the other actors. We have so many other programs that are hideous that make people look stupid and trashy and are kept on the air, what is that matter with your network. Do we not matter! Please, do not cancel this program.

33. chad says:

Man Harry’s Law was the best thing since Boston Legal! There goes another good Drama for a reality show. I hope Harry’s Law is picked up by some network!

34. Kenny says:

I for one am not surprised by this action, yes it’s a great show but they messed with the time slot from Monday nights, Wednesday Nights to Sunday nights, I don’t see the point in watching TV anymore, you just get interested in one show and a season later they cancel it. And put on more reality TV, 90% of that is terrible.

R.I.P NBC

35. Marion says:

I hate each year when great shows get hacked….It just doesn;t seem fair…..I for one love Harry’ Law and will miss it…..I also will miss the shows Missing and Unforgettable . There are numerous shows in the past the I loved but got the axe. All these reality shows are boring and way too many of them..

36. diana says:

Harry’s Law was the only show on NBC that I watched. They rarely have anything for adults worth watching and they cancel all of them. Guess I can add them to my “skip channel” list. Won’t be buying there advertisers products either.

37. Judy Wilton says:

What the F…! Whats the matter with you NBC.This show was rated second only to SMASH AND YOU CANCELLED???!!!

38. Lmg says:

I LOVED this show and COMPLETLY agrree with David E. Kelley’s politics/point of view. Must be why NBC cancelled it. This show had it all….right wing…left wing etc… I hope that Fox,TNT, etc picks it up. They must see that there is an audience out there. HELLO OUT THERE!!!! There are people beyond the 30 yr age limit that think out there! BRING THIS SHOW BACK PLEASE!!!!!

39. Shelley Frankel says:

My husband and I, as well as several of my friends are beyond disappointed that NBC has the poor judgement to cancel a program of such quality…..excellent writing, outstanding cast and such thoughtful subject matter. Could it be true that because there is not enough of the “target audience” watching, the rest of us don’t count? That NBC has included such mindless shows in it’s future lineup but cancels such an intelligent offering says a lot about how the executives view those of us who still have an attention span of more that 5 seconds, like to watch shows that are provocative, stimulate discussion and challenge us to think. I guess the only thing a loyal viewer such as myself can do is stop tuning in to NBC. Perhaps if others do the same, NBC will get the message.

40. April says:

It’s a shame that a great show like Harry’s Law is being cancelled!! It’s the one show my whole family looks forward to watching every week. I am very hopeful that another network picks it up. NBC is going down hill fast.

41. don says:

I am truly disappointed that Advertisers would discriminate against a demographic that is more capable of purchasing their products. I guess people over 50 don’t eat Digorno pizza or drink Tropicana orange juice, shop at Petsmart, Ben’s, Macy’s or Walmart, purchase Lexus, Dodge or Fords, Beneful dog food, L’Oreal cosmetics. Use Geico, Sprint or Absolute Dental etc. Hmmmm, I wonder if people over 50 really didn’t use these products. Where would all these companies be then? Shame on NBC for putting the misguided advertisers over your viewers!!!

I truly hope another network realizes what a great program Harry’s Law is & not only picks it up but brings it back for a 3rd season. This is such a crime cancelling this show & keeping some of the ridiculous garbage that I guess the “advertisers” approve of.

Great job NBC taking care of your loyal viewers!!!

Don

42. Pablo Gonzalez says:

Hooray! Now theres room for another mind numbing reality show. Typical of a Network to get rid of a good show. Screw NBC, no reason to watch. I guess they get what they want. Less viewers. Let go CBS.

43. Sam says:

Enjoyed this show immensely in Season 1. After that, it became just another lawyer show.

44. RHONDA says:

I CAN’T BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED HARRY’S LAW. IT IS THE BEST AND ONLY SHOW ON NBC THAT IS WORTH WATCHING. YOU MIGHT WANT TO RE-THINK IT. NO WONDER PEOPLE WATCH CBS.

45. Molly 1 says:

What I want to know is does this site matter, cause if it did, then maybe Harry’s Law would not be cancelled!

My husband and I loved the show. I started watching it on my own and then he said he wanted to join me. We were hooked. Looked forward to Kathy’s arguments each week.

• T. GUCCI says:

I READ SOMEWHERE THAT 5.8 MILLION VIEWERS TUNED IN TO WATCH. THAT’S NOT COUNTING HULU,TIVO & DVR VIEWERS AND THEY STILL CANCELLED. NBC IS A BUNCH OF IDIOTS

• we need to send millions of pounds of nuts to nbc as they were nuts to cancel such a great show.we did this to cbs after they cancelled jerhico and we got them to renew it .email all your friends and tell them to do this and i bet someone picks it up

• T. GUCCI says:

i’ll do better than that i’ll send them peanut shells for the crap that they leave on. while they take away the good stuff

46. John Morris says:

I am very sorry and sad that Harry’s Law has been cancelled. Perhaps NBC can rethink this cancellation and get the cast and crew back together for another season or two. Good acting, good direction, good story lines all the way. Change good to excellent. Pull this show back.

47. DViola1234@aol.com says:

So NBC cancels one of the better shows on TV and all the while pumps up “Love In The Wild”? The world has gone mad at least at NBC. Enjoy last place in your so called ratings game.

48. mary c blair says:

I love this show this is what I love about Sunday evenings.

49. mary c blair says:

I guess No more NBC for me. I will just start watching the Good Wife on CBS. What a bunch of jerks NBC are. What not enough 19 to 30 year olds watching? Guess what NBC I am 50 and I have more money to spend then a 19 / 30 yr old.