Gossip Girl Renewed For Shortened Final Season, Sara Goodman to Succeed Josh Safran as EP

Gossip Girl RenewedSpotted: The finish line.

The CW has renewed Gossip Girl for a sixth and final season of 11 episodes, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Gossip Girl Season Finale First Look — Blair Chooses… [Spoiler]

What’s more, showrunner Stephanie Savage — who developed the show with Josh Schwartz — has promoted Co-EP Sara Goodman to exec producer, replacing Smash-bound Josh Safran.

Gossip Girl joins fellow returning CW dramas Supernatural, Hart of Dixie, The Vampire Diaries, 90210 and Nikita.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

1. danielle says:

The adventures of Blair Waldorf’s love life continue. Either way each couple has had amazing, completely different journeys. Blair just has to choose one guy for good and stop the bs.

2. oliver says:

I can’t believe this gets renewed and The Secret Circle gets the axe!! GG is a goner. TSC showed promise especially on its last episodes. So frustrating…and even 90210 doesn’t deserve to get renewal. With all this said, I am just so happy and relieved that Nikita is renewed for a 3rd season. One smart move among the many dumb moves of CW this year.

3. moe says:

Bring back Carter for Serena! :)

4. Samantha says:

Why all the complaining over TSC? you should have known the chances for it being renewed were very low. HOD got the best ratings out of the 3 new shows and why compare it with GG? Yeah sure GG has been getting very bad ratings but its also been on for 5 years so CW owes its fans a nice closure just as OTH got.

5. joy says:

For 1st 2 season,serena and dan was a good couple,then they destroyed dan’s character by introducing this blair angle!! nate has nothing to do in this show except sleeping with every cast in the show,foe the final season i wish the following~chuck and blair,serena and nate and dan….well.. his character i hope ends up alone.he is just disgusting!! and jenny,venessa and georgina should come back for series finale.

6. Jacqi says:

Althought I love GG, it was good to end it this season and give a shortened season to another show such as Ringer to see if ratings improve if it doesnt then cancel it. :) dan/serena, chuck/blair, nate/jenny. I really wanted to see what happens with SMG’s characters on Ringer. :(

7. Sue says:

Sara goodman is awesome! She will make the ending work!

8. Meghan says:

Awesome to hear the show will get another, albeit shortened, season. Chair has to be the end game. Come on, we’ve always known that :)

9. Chrispy says:

Some tips for season 6:

1. Get rid of the awful new Charlie. She has weird eyebrows and a nasal, helium voice. She’s completely annoying.

2. Do NOT bring back Vanessa. She’s fug, obnoxious, and has nappy hair.

3. Bring back Nellyuki. She was the best one of all the gossip girls, and could be the real gossip girl as well as a love interest for Chuck. Chuki could be the endgame.

10. An6ra says:

Like seriously…why even do a sixth season??? The show sucks!!! I wanted it to be over 2 season ago…but they keep insisting on throwing every character I used to love over a cliff!!! Face it, you have the most awful writers on TV right now…someone needs to put them out of their misery!!!

11. SAmIAm says:

Finally will we see the GG appearance of Kristen Bell?

12. ChelC says:

GG’s only chance at redemption: repair Dair

13. EmsRevenge says:

As long as there isn’t some lame a** Chair wedding finale, I can deal with whatever crap they throw at the audience for 11 more eps.

14. Sarah tay says:

I honestly can’t believe how many people are saying Gossip Girl went downhill? I’d like to say that I absolutely LOVED every single one of the Gossip Girl seasons. I have watched them over and over again on Netflix, in fact I just finished Season 5, so I’m about to start over back at season one because I just can’t get enough. AND one last thing, I am absolutely PISSED that it is a shortened season I’m so angry I’m beside myself.