ABC Cancels GCB, Pan Am, Missing & The River

Get More: Cancellations, News

GCB CancelledABC has officially passed on ordering second seasons of GCB, Missing, The River and Pan Am.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Earlier this evening, ABC greenlit the new dramas Nashville (fronted by Connie Britton), Zero Hour, Red Widow, the Shawn Ryan submarine thriller Last Resort, and the supernatural spooker 666 Park Avenue (with Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn).

Current ABC dramas set to return in the fall include Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and the frothy freshman Scandal. Still riding the bubble are Private Practice and Body of Proof.

Comments (910)

• Of those I only loved GCB it was great! I never missed an episode. Neither did my niece. You dropped the ball big time there. You probably wont have anything I am interested in now. CRAP A**!

Comment by Rita C – September 2, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Missing” was one of the best new shows last season and it ended with a cliff hanger and now it’s not coming back?? Ashley Judd is amazing and the show was suspenseful, romantic, emotional, touching and unbelievably acted. ABC is losing more than it’s gaining this past year.

Comment by donna – September 6, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC, why did you cancel GCB????!!!!! It was funny and quirky. I was looking forward to this season!

Comment by Angry Viewer – September 8, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved watching GCB me and my daughters watched it every week together you know how hard it is to find a show that a parent and kids agree on we will really miss it loved all the actors they had in it. None of the new show sound like we will watch

Comment by tonya – September 9, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED GCB and Pan AM!!!!! GCB was one of the funniest shows. If I missed it when it aired I was watching it on demand or online because i just had to see it. I really liked the world that Pan Am exposed us to as well and I’m gonna miss it.
    But really ABC?! You’re killing me! AT least do a mini-series of episodes and show us what happens with the Pastor Tudor and Amanda!!! That was such a great way to end the season and now you’re just not going to give us anymore?! If you had gotten rid of Once Upon A Time to, I would never be watching ABC prime time for anything. Stop killing our good shows!!!!!! Bring back GCB at the very least please!!!!!

Comment by oleeay – September 10, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m shocked that great shows have been canceled…Every yr seems to be a new show only to be canceled. I would hate to have your jobs…there r so many comments and fans of these canceled shows that it really surprises me that they r done…doesn’t make sense!

Comment by chrissy – September 10, 2012 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ¡no puedo creer que hayan cancelado missing!!estaba rebuena!! y ashly me encanta ,es una actriz que siempre me gustó!! ¡¡buuuaaa!! lloro.

Comment by alicia aquino – September 11, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC… Pan Am rocked…should really consider bringing it back!

Comment by Chris – September 12, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m soo mad I have been waiting for the missing to come on n find this out ugh this show was soo good I just don’t understand why it would be canceled there was action mystery drama all in one n gcb was a funny series ABC is stupid

Comment by kayla – September 13, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So done w/ ABC!

Comment by Dee – September 16, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband and I have been waiting patiently for the new season of Missing and now to find out that its been cancelled really stinks! We would like to know how that was decided. Everytime they finally put a decent show on TV they cancel it. The last one they cancelled that we really enjoyed was The Unit. They are putting way too much garbage on the screen with all the reality crap, not to mention the ridiculous comedies,
    and not leaving anything decent to watch. What a shame.

Comment by Holly Klitch – September 17, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that the fall season is starting I am really starting to miss these shows! I loved Missing, The River and GCB. Shame on ABC for not giving them a real chance!

Comment by Ann Schlosser – September 17, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dont cancel GCB finally a reason to watch t v and you end it what are you thinking!!!

Comment by cindy hamilton – September 17, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So disgusted with programming. Loved the return of V: cancelled. Loved Missing: cancelled. Loved Pan Am cancelled. Maybe we can fill those time slots with yet another crappy reality/talent show. Seriously, I don’t care if they can dance, I abhor hearing the sad attempts at singing, and who the hell cares if they can train dogs to jump over flaming water barrels.

Comment by Judd junkie – September 17, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring the gcb back! love the show they did the same thing to lipstick jungle

Comment by amy – September 17, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooo! I can’t believe that Missing got canceled!!!!! I was always sitting on the edge of my seat with suspense. I looked forward to it every week. I rarely watch TV because I am so tired of all the reality shows and now my favority show is canceled! Booooo and what a huge mistake!!!

Comment by Lisa – September 18, 2012 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved missing, was looking foward to season two!

Comment by Daisy Gayle – September 18, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My name is Eduardo Ballesteros and I live in Montreal (Canada), here is my comment :
    I can’t believe that Missing has been cancelled, one of the best shows I have ever watched on TV, from week to week our entire familly used to count the days expecting the next show. It’s out of my understanding how a show like “Missing” can be cancelled .
    Very poor judgement ! ! ! ! and Shame on you ! ! ! ! ! ! .
    I hope that you people won’t cancelled “The mob doctor” that just started .

Eduardo Ballesteros

Comment by Eduardo Ballesteros – September 18, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First I am SICk to death of these elimination reality tv shows. Can we have some good dramas comedies or dramedies. I would much rather watch a bad drama than stupid reality tv. I will miss Pan Am and the GCBs. Both good shows that needed time to develop. Remember Seinfeld ?? It didn’t have an audience for almost 4 or 5 seasons. Sometimes shows need time to find their voice. Doesn’t it cost more to keep dumping shows and picking up and promoting new ones ?? Also. STOP MOVING SHOWS ALL OVER. When you move a show around audiences stop watching. I stopped watching certain shows when they kept moving days bc I couldnt find them.

Comment by GTB – September 19, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why cancel missing ? that series is the most dynamic movie since 24hs. i hope you change ideia. alaor from SP Brazil

Comment by Alaor Dorange ;ferreira – September 19, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so upset about my show “Missing” are you serious. I dont watch tv often but that has been the best show since the real Dallas and Falcon Crest. ABC what are you thinking bring it back asap or you will lose alot of loyal viewers. Only time I watched was Thursday at 8 and scandal at 9 then Disney Channel…bring it back where’s the petition for the show

Comment by yavonda davis-norman – September 19, 2012 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pan Am sucked! Sorry to see Missing go!!! Loved that show!!!!

Comment by Zulma Santana – September 19, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB and Missing were two really great shows– I was so looking forward to seeing them again. GCB was hilarious– I outloud laughed every time I Watched. Too many reality shows these days. Get rid of some of the ones that have had their day….greys, private practice….bring some new life. I soooo hope that another network would pick them up.

Comment by felicity – September 20, 2012 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC U SUCK!!!!!! Missing & GCB were the only reasons I watched your stupid channel but NO MORE!!!!

Comment by Lyn – September 20, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this is making me want to watch ABC less and less now. I really liked GCB because it was a really fun show and I think its ridiculous since they let the Housewives do so many messed up things and yet they couldn’t of given the GCB any leverage room.

Comment by Eva Hendricks – September 21, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Just read that “Missing” was cancelled. I was anxiously awaiting season 2 this fall! ABC had some great programming there…BRING IT BACK! PLEEEEEASE!!

Comment by georgia peach – September 23, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and I loved Pan Am too!

Comment by georgia peach – September 23, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with so many about the show Missing. I never missed an epis
    ode. If the phone rang I would not pick it up. I love the suspence in it. Ashley Judd was awesome in it and so were the other actors. If you have any way of talking to bring Missing back. you will have fans back on ABC again.

Comment by Jo Ann – September 23, 2012 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they cancelled missing! My daughter & I watched it faithfully and will miss it! ABC needs to get a reality check! The viewers want MISSING BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by denise – September 24, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was awesome! What ashame ABC cancelled it! I looked forward to watching that each week.

Comment by Cerissa – September 25, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe Pan am and GCB is not coming back on what a holes..

Comment by Jennifer – September 27, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Missing” was one of the best shows you have had in a long time! My husband and I are so disappointed that you cancelled it, just goes to show that when something isn’t broken, you shouldn’t try to fix it. A really good show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by nancy Parker – September 27, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very sorry to hear that Missing was cancelled. It had a lot of possibilities. Ashley Judd was wonderful in it and I love Sean Bean. This was one of the few shows that I watch.

Comment by Marj Samson – September 27, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely luvluvluv TCB…Im so sad ABC opted to cancell the show:(

Comment by elizabeth – September 27, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC can KMA! I thought Missing was a winner!

Comment by L. Evans – September 28, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t replace them with more reality or talent shows. We have too much reality TV as it is and as much as I enjoy watching good talent, we now have enough of it. Bring back Missing.

Comment by Donna Gale – September 29, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot believe they cancelled GCB – one of the funniest and the acting was great. Can you not see some of these church going people acting like this? So true.

Comment by Sue Terrell – September 29, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missing was the most exciting, well acting, best story line of any show you have. Cancel some of those no funny sitcoms and reality shows and re-instate Missing. Do your job and provice us, your viewers, with decent entertainment. Thanks.

Comment by Carol – September 29, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say I am very sad that GCB & Pan Am are not returning I looked forward to Sunday for these 2 shows. Have to say you guys dropped the ball letting these me,s get away !

Comment by Tricia Guinta – September 29, 2012 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont understand there thinking? Missing was amazing!! Every week my family and I felt like we were any a theater watching a exciting movie. I am so dissapointed not to have this quality series to look forward to every week.

Comment by Robin Anderson – September 30, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so upset that Missing is not coming back. The rest of them were dumb. I also am upset that ABC just up and hacks them without a proper ending, just leaving the viewers hanging. That is very inconsiderate of ABC

Comment by Brenda – September 30, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • those idiots did it again. pan am was a good show. beats those so called talent hunts
    maybe if they found good writers . fat chance

Comment by micheal – October 6, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so angry that all of my favorite abc shows keep getting canceled. I refuse to watch any of the new shows because I’m afraid that if I get interested in them, they will be canceled too. Bring back Missing, Texas GCB, and The River. I also loved the show The Gates. I will not watch any new show that you put on this network. I don’t want to get interested in it and you turn around and cancel it. This is the craziest thing I have ever seen. I have never seen another network do this with this many programs. Your crazy!!

Comment by Tammi Major – October 7, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was such a great show and perfect to fill the spot of desperate housewives. Waited all summer for it to come back on…and now its cancelled??? So upset! Yet they have the stupid meet the neighbors??? What idiot made that decision?

Comment by megan – October 7, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back GCB, the river and apt 23. I will start watching CBS maybe they will be more loyal to thier customers. It’s bad enough they are screwing up greys anatomy!!

Comment by Christy m – October 7, 2012 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not believe ABC would cancel Missing, there are alot of other shows that should be cancelled, you really messed up ABC, you will lose many, many viewers because of cancelling a great dramatic show.

Comment by Adeline – October 8, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missing was so good. I agree with the person who said ABC wouldn’t know a good show if it fell into their laps. It was top notch and I’m absolutely shocked that they cancelled it. Idiots.

Comment by shirley – October 8, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cant believe they would cancel gcb! i absolutely love the show and it is one of the few remaining shows that i watch on tv. plus if they stop after season 1, there was so much suspense after amanda and pastor tudor kissed and i really wanted to see what would happen!!!!1 please bring back! please!?…………… :*( :( :( :( :( :(

Comment by Emerald – October 8, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant believe you cancelled GCB……you did not even give it a chance. If it didnt get the rating its because you didnt advertise it enough….thats the companys fault. everyone i talked to had never heard of it but started watching it after i told them about it. I am so mad. Makes me not want to watch anything ABC shows…..u get in to something and they cancel it. I can think of alot of other shows that needed to be cancelled before this one!!

Comment by Wendy – October 11, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been looking for GCB and now this…..shut the front door ABC!!! Bring it back…It’s hilarious. Get rid of the reality shows, they SUCK!!!!!!!

Comment by Heather – October 12, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved GCB and was so excited for season 2. I’m so sad to hear it’s not coming back. I think whoever cancelled this show, made a bad choice!!!

Comment by Donna – October 15, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post