ABC Cancels GCB, Pan Am, Missing & The River

GCB CancelledABC has officially passed on ordering second seasons of GCB, Missing, The River and Pan Am.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Earlier this evening, ABC greenlit the new dramas Nashville (fronted by Connie Britton), Zero Hour, Red Widow, the Shawn Ryan submarine thriller Last Resort, and the supernatural spooker 666 Park Avenue (with Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn).

Current ABC dramas set to return in the fall include Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and the frothy freshman Scandal. Still riding the bubble are Private Practice and Body of Proof.

1. Izzie says:

ABC does suck but so do we what we gotta remember is its all business if their not getting enough viewers their losing money and that’s a just a big no no. Maybe if GCB,Pan AM and Missing all had viewers at least above 5-7 million they most likely would’ve have renewed them. And unfortunately they keep renewing reality shows because people in general now are really stupid and wanna emulate pauly d and kardashians so yeah its sad but guess what its our own fault.

2. Wendy says:

TYPICAL ABC. Cancel the good shows and keep the bad. So sad to see GCB go. That was the BEST show on Sundays. So unhappy. :(

3. Lani says:

I thought GCB was dumb and Pan Am was crappy, but Missing was an awesome show that had me on my toes.

4. michelle says:

I LOVED Pan Am and GCB!! Pan Am was amazing with great actors, history and story lines. I want to watch a show that I can get lost in, connect with characters, and that was one of those shows for me. Being able to “go back in time” was so nice to see and the clothes they were able wear in the show, just beautiful and classy. I loved GCB the actors and the characters made me laugh and were unforgettable! I will miss both of these shows greatly. I am so tired of these so called “reality” shows, its getting old watching the same thing and every station has them. I can hardly watch T.V. anymore without one of these shows being on. It’s all just different people in a different city where everyone tries to out do each other, perform stunts that are more and more hokey or trying to find love that isn’t there!! Bring back real T.V. again, not junk “reality” shows.

5. GCB Fan says:

I was so sad when desperate housewives was cancelled and then I was so excited when GCB aired I thought it was a great replacement. This is incredibly disappointing and a terrible decision on ABC’s part. I will no longer support ABC’s network if this is the type of decisions they make. They clearly don’t care about their viewers opinions or promoting female empowering shows.

6. Jason says:

With gcb, missing, and pan am ycanceled the only abc show left for me is castle, wut the f* is wrong with u abc!?

7. belinda says:

Are youse frikan kiddin me the amount of shows that always gets cancelled is beyond a joke ABC, cw etc = USELESS come on gcb is an awesome show and has a lot of potienal if youse just carried it on perhaps het different writers or somthin its the same with cw network how they cancelled the secrete circle , the lying and others its stupid and irrates me when cancelling good shows

8. belinda says:

Sorry auto correct on me phone … Lying game *

9. S.Pancutt says:

I can’t believe ABC is axing Missing after such a great first season another TOP show gone when there is suff I would axe in a heart beat shame on you ABC have a look at all the post’s and have a rethink

10. What! GCB? And MISSING. Noooooo I love those shows! Please bring them back AbC!

11. Dee says:

We had the next Xena/Buffy in Rebecca Winstone in Missing and they go and cancel one of TV’s most exciting shows today. That’s why I hardly watch TV anymore cause all these networks want to do is replace great shows with petty ones.

12. Jana Graves says:

I have just found out that Missing was cancelled! I can’t believe it, it was so good that I never worried about it at all. I should have known, if I like something it is the kiss of death! When you look at the crap they serve up as entertainment on all the networks it is easy to see why Missing was cancelled! If they put on one more of those insipid “reality” shows I swear I will get rid of the televisions in my house and go back to radio..and the movies in theatres; in fact I think someone should look into putting drama and comedy BACK on the radio. Let the networks deal with that “reality”. I am sure that the ratings on the “reality” shows is what drives the number of the idiotic things in programming….and that leads you to really worry about the mentality of the American public. Also I’m sure that these shows are very easy and cheap to produce, just take a few nuts and film them being themselves in whatever situation some demented “idea man” comes up with….how simple! Oh well, I’ve vented, I feel better. I know that my idea of entertainment is just that, my idea.

13. Tammy says:

I Loved GCB!!! Please bring it back!!! Annie Potts is wonderful & that role was perfect for her!!! And Kristin Chenowith was hilarious!!! Please reconsider……..

14. Carolyn Gonzales says:

Obviously GCB and Pan Am didn’t fit their demographic. What a shame. Both were well done.

15. TJ says:

The River, GCB, and Missing were three very good shows!!! you sold your soul to the devil and will be airing 666 park whatever… well I wont be watching!! claim again to be a child’s or family station, and I’ll call you a liar!! there are many other channels besides your sorriness!!!

16. This really upsets me!! First ABC takes All My Children off the air and I watched it from day 1 and was the only soap I watched, “NOW” you are taking Missing off too!! I stopped watching ABC after my soap was gone, then I saw the preview of Missing and started watching it and totaly loved it and the great story line that came with it…Well this does it for me because no more ABC for me, TV has become nothing but dumb reality shows, and other dumb shows like Dancing with the stars, Cooking shows, So you think you can sing or is it dance, and many other lame shows, we get enough of reality by living in the real world everyday and need some “GREAT” shows like Missing to take us from our everyday life, at least the show looked real and not fake like all those reality show, Have your brains turned to mush and you no longer know what is great or not!!!

17. Billy's says:

I AM IN A STATE OF SHOCK & SADNESS!!! TO CANCEL A SHOW LIKE MISSING, WITH A MEGASTAR LIKE ASHLEY JUDD AS IT’S LEAD! ABC EXECTS MUST BE EXHAUSTED, CARRYING THAT MUCH STUPID!! PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN TO ALL OF THESE ANGRY, HURT, DISAPPOINTED FANS & BRING BACK MISSING & GCB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. laura says:

ABC YOU SUCK..SUCK..SUCK..I NEVER WATCH THE LOCAL CHANNELS BECAUSE THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE TO ME WHERE YOU GET HOOKED ON A SHOW AND THEN THE NETWORK CANCELS IT. I STILL HAVE THE LAST EPISODE OF PANAM ON MY DVR TO REMIND ME TO WATCH FOR THE NEW SECOND SEASON WELL TODAY I FIND OUT THERE IS NO SECOND SEASON. WELL ABC YOU HAD ME WITH PANAM AND GCB BUT IM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT YOU WILL NEVER GET THAT CHANCE AGAIN BECAUSE IM DONE WITH YOUR NETWORK BECAUSE YOU SUCK AUCK SUCK. THANK GOODNESS FOR CABLE CHANNELS………………

19. divegirl2 says:

I want the missing back my mom and I love it we would both dvr it and watch it together over the phone when I got off work

20. Allison says:

This is CRAP! I swear that every time I REALLY get into a new show on TV it get cancelled. WTF???? I agree with everyone. Let reality TV die. And bring back GCB AND MISSING!!!!

21. MISSING WAS THE BEST SHOW!!! YOU CANT TAKE IT OFF AFTER THAT SEASON FINALLY!!!!!! UGHHH! I mean i can see why take the river off but not missing. you guys did such a good job with that!

22. roy says:

this SUCS that abc canceled the show MISSING. who ever is in charged of canceling shows should be FIRED. because he or she is very stupid and dont know what is good or not stupid. some of the shows that are on now are stupid and be canceled, not the good shows.

23. Eden says:

im soooo upset they ended missing!!!!! that was the only show my mom and i watched together and enjoyed.grrrrrrrr :(

24. Debbie says:

Dammit missing was so good, at least you should have shown us an ending not just have cut it off right when it was getting good…….

25. shelby says:

ABC you officially suck GCB was the only show that I have ever liked and sceen for the first time on tv now you take it off I won’t be watching TV aging

26. Rossana says:

Missing was just a great drama… It kept me from workig, reading, getting out to movies….

27. Catherine T&T says:

I think you all didn’t advertise the show properly, I didn’t know of Missing until AXN re-ran it. Missing is the bomb, I do suggest that you all re-think the cancellation.

28. Susie says:

So disappointed just saw that ABC cancelled GCB, the best show on last fall!! Was a great replacement for DHW but so much funnier!! I wish they would cancel some of the stupid reality shows they have – no value and very few shows worth turning tv on for these days!!

29. jhsweets says:

NOW I’M GOING TO HAVE GCB WITHDRAWAL…:( :( Is ABC missing something? This show was Great!!! This S***s!!!

30. Lynn says:

ABC made a bad choice in naming the show..GCB! Started out as affront to Christians, truth being it showed the “human” in all of us! Excellent writing,acting, visual delight…I’m hoping CBS or NBC will take it & name it Strong Texas Women!! Great escape to laugh ..God knows we need more of that!

31. justine says:

why did missing get cancelled?????

32. robin says:

I can’t believe GCB has been cancelled. I loved it. Total bummer!

33. Charles says:

Those of us that resent the cancellation of Missing need to vote with our network selection. Write ABC and let them know you will not be tuning them in at all. Hit them in the pocket book. How about forming a group to boycott the network. Do what we can to find out who their sponsors are and inform them what we are doing. The network ONLY understands the bottom line. HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS!!!, in the wallet!!!

34. rob says:

ABCexecs, ARE YOU STUPID? How could you cancel GCB? It is funny and entertaining and most importantly NOT ANOTHER REALITY SHOW!!!!

35. jodi says:

Brin GCB back!!!! I couldn’t wait for fall and just found out it’s cancelled. So bummed!!!!!!

36. C says:

GCB was the best show- you’re crazy for cancelling it…another reason NBC is a horrible station, they cancel all the good shows.

37. C says:

Meant to type ABC! Oops!

38. Brenda says:

I am late to the picnic hearing the news, but I am so disappointed to find out that ABC is not going to bring back Pan Am. This was one of the best new dramas in a long time. It definitly deserves to have a 2nd chance in a different time slot at least. Too bad.

39. MARGIE E says:

IF IT AINT REALITY I GUESS IT WONT MAKE IT! MISSING WAS A GREAT SHOW WITH EXCELLENT ACTING AND ACTION ABC SUCKS!!!!

40. Bev K says:

Really ABC? GCB was fantastic. You’ve run things like crappy reality shows but when it comes to a good funny sitcom like GCB you cancel after one season. You don’t really listen to the viewers very well. I hope it get picks up by another network….I can easily switch my loyalties as well.

41. Angel Marie says:

I love love love gab why the HECK did it get cancelled it made everyone I watched it with laugh there butts off and now it’s gone I hope beyond hope they reconsider PLEASE!!!!

42. Melanie says:

I really got into GCB and Pan Am, man that sux!! :-(

43. kissmyassabc says:

Well this news has ruined my Fall TV entertainment plans…. I loved each of these 3 shows, and now they are gone. You idiots don’t know your ass from your elbow. I am done with your network.

44. Joe says:

Very sad that they cancelled GCB I really loved the lighthearted fun of the show and the fun it was. I hate reality TV and won’t watch it so if that is all they want I guess I will just have to go to HULU and Netlix for my entertainment from now onBOOO to ABC/NBC and CBS for pushing all of this horror on us

45. judy wolgamot says:

CAN’T BELIEVE U CANCELLED “MISSING’ IT HAD U ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAR EVERY EPISODE. GOING TO PUT,ON ANOTHER TRASHY REALITY SHOW? U ALL ARE IDIOTS. I WAS SO WAITING FOR IT TO COME BACK ON. SAD!!!!

46. Gail yingling says:

Can’t believe they cancelled MISSING. Best show on TV

47. Norma says:

I think ABC made a really bad decision in cancelling “Missing”. This show was an edge of the seat program. It was right up there with “24”. They left missing with a cliff hanger to do another season and then did not bring it back. How inconsiderate was that !!!!!!

PLEASE ABC do at least another season so we can know why Ashley Judd disappeared from the car after her son was found. She needs to live happily ever after with him.

48. Jamie says:

Bring back MISSING. I loved that show, so disappointed that is being canceled.

49. Amanda says:

Loved GCB and PAn AM Please Bring them back !

50. ashley says:

was really looking forward to Pan Am- absolutely loved it! GCB was cheesy but I loved it b/c it was so funny! Very disappointed! Def think other shows deserved to be hacked b4 these starting with reality TV. Please reconsider, ABC!