ABC Cancels GCB, Pan Am, Missing & The River

Get More: Cancellations, News

GCB CancelledABC has officially passed on ordering second seasons of GCB, Missing, The River and Pan Am.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Earlier this evening, ABC greenlit the new dramas Nashville (fronted by Connie Britton), Zero Hour, Red Widow, the Shawn Ryan submarine thriller Last Resort, and the supernatural spooker 666 Park Avenue (with Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn).

Current ABC dramas set to return in the fall include Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and the frothy freshman Scandal. Still riding the bubble are Private Practice and Body of Proof.

Comments (910)

• u take a great show off put/keep crap shows on!………IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! MISSIND WAS A GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by bj – June 12, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved work it. I know very contriversial but funny. I absolutely laughed my butt off at GCB and can’t believe it was cancelled. Better than desperate housewives. Missing also a great show. How can they keep cancelling great shows. Disgracefull!!!!!!

Comment by marj. – June 12, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After reading the comments above, I was inspired to add my own. Do any of you exec,s ever talk to your viewers? Do you have any idea what people over 30 or 40 like to watch when they finally sit down to relax? GCB and Missing are two of the most engrossing shows on t.v. I also love Private Practice, and would like to see one more season. Please expand your minds beyond the very young, young, and immature. They have plenty to watch, and WE pay the bills.

Comment by Roberta Magee – June 14, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY???!!!! GCB and Pan Am were both great shows! Why cancel them?? BOO!!! First they get us hooked on them, then they drop them without even a hint that they wont be coming back! I was actually enjoying watching regular TV for a change. Didn’t even mind the comercials too much. It sucks for those of us who were helping the network’s ratings, thanks for NOTHING ABC! >:/

Comment by Alicia – June 15, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PAN AMMMMM, I NEED THEM,

Comment by yasmim Eirado – June 16, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I love GCB :’( It was hilarious and it left off in such an interesting place! They can’t just leave it!

Comment by anonomous – June 16, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not believe GCB will not be back on. That is obe show in a very long time that I did Not miss. This is terrible I was really looking forward to season 2. :-(

Comment by Audra – June 20, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow abc sucks! Every time a good show gets interduced to us they pull it! Desperate housewives, dirty sexy money, gcb, pan am, brothers & sisters etc only to be replaced with more over rated reality shows. I don’t think anyone can stomach anymore of those ! If there was a petition to pull the people who make the decisions to pull these good those I’d def sign it to fire their dumbasses for not knowing a good show! Def done with abc all together.

Comment by Christy – June 21, 2012 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So angry… Finally some diversity and clever comedy, drama and action with twisting plots… Finally some depth in broadcasting, as opposed to the crap “reality”. I understand reality shows costs very little to produce and many people will watch. The thing that produces and advertiser should realize is the demographic that will tune it to watch trashy people being follow by a cameras are the same people who are potential customers of the products and services advertised. They do not have the same purchasing power as those of us that watch the television shows with substance, style, a clever storyline with wit. GCB, Pan Am, and Missing SHOULD STAY! Rearrange the time slots. Place these shows before or after a strong show to help with the fan base… Don’t just write them off. And take into account those of use with DVR’s that watch with 3 days & a note those who do watch your programs on the DVR… Watch within the first 3 days of the original air date to ensure your viewer-ship counts as much as those who watch the programs live!!

Comment by Dougus – June 21, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am just glad that Once Upon A Time is coming back. I haven’t been hooked on a show for such a long time! Very happy ABC is brining it back. I had no clue Grey’s Anatomy was still around. I used to love that show but then all of the original cast started be replaced by others. And personally didn’t love the new cast…and wish I would have watched Pan Am it sounds like it was a good show. And so glad The River is cancelled it looked like a bad show since the beginning it was created by the same people who did Paranormal Activity. Don’t understand why Paranormal Activity was so “scary.”

Comment by Lola101 – June 23, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously…they kept “Don’t Trust the B- in apt 23″? What a disgusting show. And yet they cancelled seriously good programming like Missing? What idiots.

Comment by Tania – June 26, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that they would cancel GCB, Missing and PanAm. They were really good shows…which TV has been lacking. I like reality tv but I think TV needs more drama shows and less reality tv.

Comment by Lori Ann – June 23, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant believe there wont be a second season of missing the show was great nd if they werent gonna do a second season they shouldnt have ended it the way they did

Comment by katelynn – June 23, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! my god, i fell in love with GCB! it was so amazing, almost as good as Desperate Housewives, i was so looking forward to the next episode and now i find out that it is never coming! my goood :( stupid abc, dont you see how mutch we love this show? finally something that actually could replace Desperate housewives. IT WAS PERFECT. daamn, hate when they do that. was looking forward to seeing the whole cricket-blake thing. i really got caught up in this… DAMMIIT! :’( PLEASE BRING GCB BAACK!!!!

Comment by iheartgcboverall – June 24, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised that a mega-company like ABC would cancel Missing and keep reality clap-trap and bring on a show about dog walking of all things! Really??? It’s not like I know your finances but every cancelation is about the money and how it isn’t being made. It’s NOT about what the fans really want even though supposedly that’s why shows are ousted. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone there would do something outside the norm and keep something with substance, suspense, and grit instead of the vanilla shows that cram our channels these days???!!

Comment by Lara – June 24, 2012 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Pan Am, Missing was good too and I watched GCB, but I’m not sure why.

Comment by Mike Langham – June 25, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • pan am was fantastic i am in the UK i loved it so much the u got rid of it ABC GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

Comment by Jake Marc Russell – June 25, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They said GCB was a hit show. Why would they throw away something that was already off to a good start? I wish they would change their minds!

Comment by Sher – June 25, 2012 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been turned “off” of TV for years – except for Desperate Housewives of course…but this last year, due to ABC player, I was able to find some fantastic shows and really found myself “sucked” in again. Missing was top of my list followed by Pan Am and GCB. I was also sucked into Revenge and Once Upon a Time. I was literally losing days of my life trying to watch all the wonderful shows. I am mad that ABC is canceling so many of my favorite shows…but on the other hand, they have now reduced my TV addiction to Revenge and Once Upon a Time so maybe I should be thanking them because now I can spend more time with the TV and Computer turned OFF and get caught up on household chores. I am sure ABC’s advertisers won’t miss advertising to me…and many others that will now turn off the boob tube.

Comment by Toni – June 26, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone have 25 tons of peanuts? That is what it took to get a conclusion to Jericho!! I’m tired of TV appealing to the lowest common denominator! I wonder if us viewers could start a twitter campaign? I.E. #saveGCB or #SaveMissing. My only resort is to watch Covert Affairs on the USA Network to get action/adventure “fix”. I am going to have to stow my anger to still support a handful of ABC shows that haven’t been cancelled, like Revenge , Body of Proof and Castle, but I am disappointed, frustrated and angry! Believe me, I will be searching other networks to replace my viewing time and product purchasing that goes along with my show loyalty-major mistake ABC, MAJOR!

Comment by Dougus – June 26, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t cancell Missing. It is a really great show. GCB is delightful. Nobody asked me!! Ever. So who decides.

Comment by Mary – June 26, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I recorded a couple of the Missing episodes and really liked it. It was so much higher quality than the reality shows, etc. Someone mentioned that there was a finale episode, but I did not see it. Unfortunately, the TV show cancellations are completed so fast that they disappear. In the way that the networks have been pulling shows off for months and then reinstating them at different times of the year it is hard to figure out if they are cancelled or temporarily off the air. Then after the fact I have to do Internet research to try to find out what has happened to them. Oddly Ashely Judd was on the television news recently talking about losing some weight following an illness. She said news reporters should not put so much emphasis on people’s appearance. They even mentioned that she has a MA degree which I had not heard previously. However, nothing was mentioned about her show being cancelled. It would be great if USA or some other network would pick up this wonderful show. Anyway I am an Ashley fan so I will try to eventually find it on DVD to see the rest of the episodes from ABC.

Comment by F H – June 26, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ashley is a great actress saw the finale. It was ok. Like her better in movies. Saw her husband Dario franchitti race a couple of wks ago.

Comment by crabbytabby – June 27, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad about Pan Am.
    Saw The river once the forgot about it.
    Only started watching GCB after Pan Am.
    It was a funny show, too bad they let it go.
    But I’m so glad they didn’t cut Once Upon A Time.
    That’s my fave show. Also like scandal too.
    With the new fairytale fad going on at the movies. ABC would of made a big blunder cutting Once Upon A Time. Glad they kept it.

Comment by crabbytabby – June 27, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB needs to be back on. That show was awesome!!!!

Comment by Kim – June 27, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was the best show I’ve ever seen in my lid ena di am so mad that they’re canceling it. Seriously I know so many people who feel the exact same way. Please bring it back ABC.

Comment by Taylor – June 27, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it weren’t for once upon a time I’d never watch ABC anymore. Canceling shows with a plot but that reality crap is still around. Shame :/

Comment by Lyn – June 29, 2012 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why cancel missing it was a good show i loved it.

Comment by brook – June 29, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would really have like another season of Pan Am, while I could have done without any additional episodes of Revenge (it would have been much better as a one season thing rather than what now looks set to become a drawn out soap opera). Any and all “reality shows” should have been put on the scrap heap long time ago…

Comment by Ian – July 2, 2012 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Natalie OJ, about Missing, i could not have said it better myself!

Comment by Joe – July 3, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thanks…but it still hasn’t bought it back. If only there was a way of getting through to these idiots..

Comment by Natalie OJ – July 3, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just got to say ABC made a mess take canceling Missing and GCB but i can’t wait for Once Upon a Time yay all other shows suchs ass…

Comment by jerry – July 6, 2012 03:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring GCB back!!! it was a really good show and i would wait for it every sunday to come on!! i love that show> bring it back, these other shows are boring!!

Comment by Animallover – July 7, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • don’t cancel missing! a fan from Amman, Jordan!

Comment by Tartir – July 8, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CAN NOT believe they canceled GCB… It’ was what Iooked forward to watching every weekend on my TEVO:/ and now it’s gone…way to go ABC

Comment by Madison Shea Daly – July 9, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MISSING!!!! REALLY ABC? WHY? I AM 14 YEARS OLD AND HAVE SEEN EVERY FREAKING EPISODE OF MISSING. SHAME ON ABC, SHAME!!!

Comment by Haley – July 10, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We really enjoyed GBC! What ic ABC gonna put on in place of it, the crap reality shows that take absolutly no imagination to produce or direct and are about as entertaining watching my dog deficate! Oh and by the way ABC we wanna watch the shows ,not the 30 minutes of commercials you make billions of dollars on!!!!

Comment by sick of commercials – July 10, 2012 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man I’m sooooo hurt!!! No more Missing….. seriously!!!! You so could have dropped private practice… It’s on it’s last leg and I hear Maddison character is leaving. Booo ABC booo!!! This show was fresh, exciting and not the typical drama. It made you want more! And who doesn’t love Ashley Judd???? Bad call ABC bad call ;-(

Comment by Shay – July 11, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved GCB. It made my Sunday evening. I use to always watch ABC but now I find myself watching CBS more and more. ABC needs to rethink the shows they cancel.

Comment by Carla – July 11, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree with everyone about ABC cancelling Missing. That was the best show
    that network had going for it. There is nothing else worthwhile watching on their
    network!!! I don’t know who does their programing, but they are terrible at it. Ashley
    Judd needs to find another network to pick up this show because it is the greatest!!

Comment by Terri Smoyer – July 11, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved GCB! From the first previews I didn’t think it was a show I would lik but was very pleasantly surprised. Was actually saddened to hear it will not be returning. I too am sick of reality shows. I joked at worked that it was my guilty pleasure. The writing was great. You even had som guy fans at my work. ABC – hope you reconsider.

Comment by AG – July 12, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so upset The River was cancelled. Loved that show.

Comment by Amanda – July 12, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • O.K. ABC your loosing ALOT of peoples eyes on ur show. I cannot believe this this is absolutly rediculious! PLEASSSEEEE ABC do something about this. My dog even watches Missing? People want their shows back!!! Come on?? This is Crazy!!

Comment by Haley – July 12, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are these people freaking crazy? GCB cancelled? What now, are we following the steps of Muslim countries? Censorship just because some religious idiots don’t like a show?

Comment by Nikki – July 12, 2012 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree this sucks I love watching missing and once upon ,missing was getting really good I could not wait to see what was going to happen on season 2 but nnnnoooo there is no season 2 I hope now they dont cancle once upon a time then I wont watch that network ABC had really messed up

Comment by Comment by snow – July 13, 2012 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was a great show. Bad call by ABC. The humor was bang on. Suspect it was appreciated more by fans outside of the USA. The take on Texas and texans in general were so cheesy it was funny. I will really miss the saying “Amanda, dear Amanda”.

Comment by Nicole – July 13, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe ABC cancelled my beloved GCB!!!!! Are they insane? I’m a Tex-ex and it was funny as hell! I was so looking forward to a new season, but this now confirms it. Shame on y’all for not giving it a 2nd chance. I agree it was something new and refreshing for once, but thats okay now I have my Dallas on TNT. Kiss my grits ABC!

Comment by Pat – July 15, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cancelling Missing??!!! is this some kind of prank??? This show was epic!!!, different and breathtakingly catching!!! I mean there are so many stupid and pointless shows and you cancelled Missing??? Seriously what the hell is wrong with you people??? Damn I’m so mad right now!!!!

Comment by Federico Mas – July 17, 2012 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Know what u mean, I’m still not over it. Let’s go get em…a gang up.

Comment by Natalie OJ – July 17, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really hoping to see the Missing and the River to come back on. My whole family looked forward to seeing them every week. It’s such a shame to take off some really good and intense shows. I wish they would take off some of the stupid reality shows that are on. I think this is really gonna hurt their ratings for the network, and I hope it really does because they keep taking off the best shows!

Comment by DeeDee – July 17, 2012 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did anyone notice ABC just announced another stupid bachelor/bachelorette show coming on? Geez how many idiotic shows can they put on about people acting stupid to get their 15 minutes of fame? I am insulted that ABC thinks the average viewer has the intelligence that can only focus on dumb and dumber shows. I never watched cable shows, but since we found 24 years ago, a whole new world opened up for us. If the networks are hurting, they best invest money into shows that are entertaining, stimulating and intriguing, instead of looking for the short term, bottom line, cause many of us are exiting network land.

Comment by linda linda-epstein.com – July 17, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen sista!!!

Comment by Sadtoseethemgo – July 17, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh ABC you suck cancelled Missing..(Ashley Judd) such a good actress and a show that kept you in your seat for the hour it was a good one… so sad….GCB sad for this one to go toooo another simple show which acting was good. Pan Am was the good ole days reminder but did fizzle out I kept watching…. Oh know what am I gonna do? I know reruns of Office, Charlie in Two and a Half Men, Friends from years ago! Hey I will delete ABC channel off my guide….

Comment by Sadtoseethemgo – July 17, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally am tired of them cancelling clean decent shows. I have had four shows I enjoyed cancelled. I am sick of reality tv shows. I am tired of tv shows only catering to the teens by the way that have a lot of topics we don’t need to be promoting! They need to realize pan am, missing and the river were good shows and stop cancelling them! Get rid of reality tv!

Comment by Earl – July 17, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booooooo! I love these shows! ABC sucks and don’t deserve these awesome shows on their network! I don’t get it if people want to watch them then why stop it?? It’s so stupid! I watch GCB every Sunday and Missing every Tuesday! And they cut it off right at the interesting part! If ABC won’t put these shows back on then I hope another network will put them back on!

Comment by Vika – July 18, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry missing every Thursday!!!

Comment by Vika – July 18, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good morning everyone. The Emmy award nominees were announced this morning by Jimmy Kimmel and company on NBC. Ashley Judd was nominated as one of those for lead actress in a miniseries or movie for the TV series Missing. I hope that she wins this award. However, Missing was advertised by ABC as a regular series and not a mini. Hopefully Missing will be available online and/or on DVD/BluRay in the future. As a busy student I did not get the last of it recorded, but still want to see it. ABC please get your future advertising corrected!!!

Comment by F H – July 19, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post