ABC Cancels GCB, Pan Am, Missing & The River

GCB CancelledABC has officially passed on ordering second seasons of GCB, Missing, The River and Pan Am.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Earlier this evening, ABC greenlit the new dramas Nashville (fronted by Connie Britton), Zero Hour, Red Widow, the Shawn Ryan submarine thriller Last Resort, and the supernatural spooker 666 Park Avenue (with Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn).

Current ABC dramas set to return in the fall include Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and the frothy freshman Scandal. Still riding the bubble are Private Practice and Body of Proof.

1. Penny Fidersek says:

My husband and I love GCB. I can’t believe it has been cancelled. It is so funny. Each and every character is good. It is such a shame a good show has to be cancelled and Real Housewives Of …… is still on the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. clara says:

Do you not know anything about comedy? You had a Golden Goose and you let her loose. Will miss GCB!!!!!

3. linda says:

I sent my request to USA for Missing and GCB

4. danielle says:

Wish they would bring it back i love gcb!

5. heather says:

i DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY SHOWS CANCEL SO FAST. I DON’T BELIEVE THEY SHOULD CANCEL THEM WITHOUT TRYING THEM ON A DIFFERENT NIGHT AND POSSIBLY A DIFFERENT TIME SLOT. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH THERE WERE TOO MANY GOOD SHOWS ON THIS PAST SEASON AND WE DIDN’T GET TO WATCH SEVERAL THAT WE WANTED TO BECAUSE OUR DVR ONLY ALLOWS US TO RECORD TWO SHOWS AT A TIME AND WE HAVE TWO DVRS RECORDING 4 SHOWS SO WE HAVE NO WAY OF DOING MORE AND YOU CANNOT WATCH ANOTHER SHOW WHILE THE DVR IS RECORDING THE TWO SHOWS. THIS REALLY SUCKS…I LOVED THE RIVER, MISSING, AND GCB AND PAN AM

6. Laura says:

GCB was the only show that I ever bothered watching.

Now I’m just upset.

7. Linda says:

I can’t believe it, most of my favorite shows are gone! Are they crazy? I loved GCB, PanAm and Missing. Oh, let me guess are they going to replace them with another doctor or cop show?

• Natalie OJ says:

no probably another singing show or so called reality show or another stupid lame so called comedy or some other boring stupid show. TV has become a true waste of time because these idiots have absolutely no sense of a true exciting drama like Missing was.

8. Mimi says:

I can’t believe that they cancelled GCB. Abc needs to sit down and explain to us how and WHY they come to that decision!!!

• linda says:

It all comes down to money. Apparently they did not think they had enough viewers according to polling. Viewership determines how much they can charge for advertising. It appears that programs that love to degrade and insult seem to be more popular than programs that entertain, are smart, challenging or downright funny and entertaining.

they do not care what the viewers want if it interferes with their bottom ine.

• Natalie OJ says:

I totally agree with you. Well I refuse to watch any of these stupid shows, I am not about to waste my time and automatically shut it off. There was finally a show that was the complete package that offered a hour of excitement, intrigue and intelligent to watch vs. some of these so very dumb shows. Finally I had some encouragement that tv was not a total waste, that it was saved by 3 shows: MISSING, PERSON OF INTEREST & SCANDAL. Then they go reduce themselves again by axing Missing. Dumb & dumber….

• robin says:

You are absolutely correct!

9. Toni says:

Out of all these I tried Pan Am, was just to weird to watch, I will miss GCB, absolutely fabulous and funny, was definately the next desperate housewives…ABC what are you thinking????? Keep GBC and toss one of the others….

10. John L says:

Cannot believe ABC, The GCB was the best show on TV I looked forward to watching it on Sunday nights. Shame on ABC to give in to all the self rightous Religious Right who could not stand to watch their hyprocrisy develop on their beloved sunday evening. GCB’ ratings were great for ABC and Sunday night. I guess I won’t be watching ABC or their self loathing advertisements again.

11. Phil Katz says:

You guys are real jerks. We had heard you had cancelled “Missing”, one of the few action packed dramas on the air anywhere, and could not believe it, particularly after the final episode, which left everyone dangling………….Way To Go ABC!

12. Really! says:

Wow they canceled GCB, that was by far one of my favorites. Well that’s that, GCB and Terra Nova both my to watch shows axed.

13. I am so sick of watching ABC tv shows!!!! I get excited about a show
    Like Pam Am and it gets cancelled. Then I get really into GCB and they cancel it also!!!! I think I will give up ABC!!!!

14. Okay, I had heard that when Missing first started it was going to be 10 episodes, so now instead of just ending it, you leave it with a cliff hanger and cancel it. THAT REALLY SUCKS!! The least you could have done is end it. This has happened to many a show I guess I will just have to stop watching new shows!!

15. Babymakes3 says:

What the hell? I decided to give The River and GCB a second chance on Hulu and got HOOKED catching the shows on reg schedules and Hulu. This is BS. Ted Turner talk Time Warner and get these pulled over. Crazy ass execs at ABC can’t see a long term vision for hell.

16. Eliza says:

GCB was my new favorite show. Loved the characters. ABC is making me angry with it’s cancellations of good shows. I watch it with my mom all the time. It’s so ridiculous!

17. robin says:

I liked GCB it filled that desperate house wives gap, I also liked Pan Am. It is to bad that ABC gives us taste and then takes it away, at least give one of them a fighting chance.

18. aussie fans says:

Missing is fastastic. Hope ABC will bring it back!!! We are BIG fans from Australia.

19. Rhonda says:

Missing was a great show, tonight was the last episode shown here in Melbourne Australia, it was quality television and we are sorry that there will not be a 2nd series! Hope another network pick it up.

20. Ben says:

ABC, Please Bring back Missing for at least another season. You cant just End Season 1 as it did…. & not continue on with the story. Great Show.. Dissapointed there is no Season 2.
    Very Let Down

21. Andy says:

Missing is one of the best tv shows I’ve watched!!! PLEASE GET THIS BACK ON TV ABC! So annoyed that they’ve dropped it. Unbelievable

22. Jeremiah Soltis says:

I DON’T WATCH TV, I HATE TV, AND I HATE WATCHING CHICK FLICKS WITH MY WIFE BUT I WATCHED GCB…. THANKS FOR TAKING THE ONLY SHOW I LIKED WATCHING OFF THE AIR, NOW I CAN GO BACK TO GARAGE THINGS!

23. Lfau1974 says:

No GCB. No Pan Am. I NEED some Sunday night “escape” shows. ABC-why are you guys taking these two gems away from us? Senseless… You can’t top them.

24. Beth Neketin says:

Please help save GCB – Please sign the petition at savegcb.com For more information go to teamgcb.com

25. Diane says:

Well,I am not alone in my outrage over the cancelation of my favorite shows -GCB. If I was having a bad day, this show made me smile and laugh out loud. I am a christian and I love to laugh. Then I went looking for Pam-Am new line up and bless my sole you cancelled it too! This comes from my era, I remember the pan am girls. This show has so many memories from my late teens and early twenties. Bring it back. Now the River was just to weird for my taste. Could not watch it. Missing was the best thing your network had going got it. Ashley Judd is awesome. I am a little sick of all these reality shows, walking and talking to dogs,grown Men playing jokes on each other, singing and dancing showes, castaways, what next watching grass grow? There are so few decent shows on television that I will watch. I am sick of reality. Most of these seem brain dead. Guess I am through with my rant and rave except to say Harry Law was the last straw!! Switching to CBC,NBC,TNT,FOX.

26. Gcbluverrrr says:

GCB is an amazing show an it is crazy that it is being cancelled. Hopefully another channel will pick it up and make the millions that ABC would have made. GCB has me holding on to my seat, thriving to see what will happen next. The humor in the show is also amazing and so creative, unlike all the other bland and stale humor on TV like that of Modern Family. GCB would have to be one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time!

27. Amy says:

GCB gone, what??? It was one if the best shows on tv and you cancelled it? Other than Once Upon A Time I won’t be watching ABC anymore. As soon as you get a show that is unlike any others out there you cancel it… so done with you ABC!!!

28. Marie H. says:

ABC had a winner with Pan Am, so retro, especially with the jfk airport’s new terminal almost completed, this is true history, hopefully another tv channel will come up with something similar!

29. CAROL says:

MISSING WAS A FANTASTIC, ACTION FILLED SHOW. ASHLEY WAS SUBERB. ALL ACTORS WERE TERRIFIC. WHY CANCEL A SHOW THAT KEPT YOU IN SUSPENSE. WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW SEASON. HUGE MISTAKE TO CANCEL.

30. Tina hall says:

Please please please bring back Gcb back I so loved this show I think there was so many good shows this year I really think people didn’t have time to watch we pvr does that effect your ratings I had over 10 women in my house eating this show every Sunday please make another season I hate to say it but this show just makes so much sense I lived Ina community just like this show so I sure do get my kicks out off it please bring it back !!!!!!!!

31. Bryan says:

After the tv series 24 was cancelled there were some that looked appealing to the American public but not quiet good until missing finally arrived.
    Great show, unfortunately these idiots who make decisions on ABC don’t realize that they have just replaced a great show for some dancing with the idiots show I hate this decision
    Hopefully another network picks up the show.

32. victoria says:

GUTTED AT THE CANCELLATION OF **MISSING** ARE YOU PPL NUTS, YOU HAVE P**** OFF SOME DIE HARD FANS DOWNUNDER

33. destiny says:

ABC ur dumb for letting go such a good show. So really what I will explain the dumb for is u guys are stupid what do you mean no people ratings there are people wanting this show back!!! Now will never what happened after she kissed the pastor! !!

34. Lindsay says:

GCB was GREAT! I don’t understand how in the world it got cancelled! It was a great comedy which we are missing a lot of! Put GCB back on! I wish another network would pick it up. I cannot believe that, I know it was a hit, why in the world would you do that?

35. Teri says:

I am shocked and disappointed about MISSING being axed as well. Finally a smart, well scripted show that reels like a movie with exceptional actors like Judd et al and they pull it for what? Stupid reality shows? Like I care about other people and their personal lives. Nope! I want a smart action drama that has it all. One of THE best shows to come to tv…..no wonder the network is failing.

36. jenn says:

I loved GCB! The show was so funny my fiance would even watch it with me. So burmmed it’s gone. ABC PLEASE BRING BACK GCB!

37. Lisa Bell says:

Boo to ABC! I loved GCB and thought it was hilarious!! Best show on the network! No wonder I don’t watch ABC that often!!! Please bring GCB back or maybe the Lifetime network will pick it up instead!!! BRING BACK GCB!!!!!!!

38. Vanssa Orantes says:

I love GCB and Pan Am why are they teasing me with just the first season this isn’t fair :(

39. cassie says:

Man I really enjoyed Missing! This is messed up!

40. I kept reading that Missing was pulling bad rating numbers but Icouldn’t figure out why. I waited expectantly for it every week. Never having much liked Ashley Judd’s action movies in the past I had expected to find Missing anothe disappointment however that was not the case. I loved it!!! I really can’t understand who the networks are getting their info from. These days they should be paying as much attention to Twitter, Facebook and fan sites – and apparently this site! Because it’s obvious there a lot of very enthusiastic fans expressing their opinions. The network bigwigs got it wrong again. We can only hope a cable company picks it up. If only the would take a hint from the UK TV production system. They’ve got it right for expensive, multi-location shows… Short runs with 6-8 episodes. The miniseries approach to TV productions. The cable channels are already having great success with this kind of shortened run approach. Just look at the unmitigated success
    of Downton Abbey!

41. patricia taylor says:

Missing should NOT be cancelled!! WHY would they cancel this show?? At the least give the fans a proper ending! Ashley Judd is an amazing actress, as were the other actors. ABC is the LOSER–as well as the fans! My husband and I will miss this. Patricia

• Kelly says:

I faithfully watched missing every week and If I couldnt be home to watch that night I had my DVR programmed for a series recording and would be sure that I didnt miss a single episode.I’m so disappointed that Missing got cancelled..Missing was the ONLY network show that I got excited about watching. Unfortunately Missing fans will never know what happened to Becca.The finale literally left me gasping and made my heart skip a beat saying aloud “I can not wait for the next season.!!!! I wish they would reconsider.

42. Catherine says:

Can someone explain why GCB was offensive? I really don’t understand. Please no rants,this is an honest question seeking understanding.

• linda says:

I saw GCB as a delicious satire on religion, how anyone can manipulate their theology to justify any of their actions. I think those that were offended take their religious beliefs very seriously and cannot see GCB for the satire it was. Perhaps it hit too close to home with everyone being judgemental.

• Catherine says:

I guess you are right. If I allowed myself to be “offended” by the way women, or ethnic groups or Christians are portrayed on TV or in movies, I’d be a pretty unhappy person. You need to be able to laugh at yourself.

43. Angella says:

Pan Am did lose my interest at the end. But I thought GCB was HIlAROUS, and am quite disappointed ABC cancelled the show. I actually enjoyed The River and found it quite suspenseful.

44. Mora says:

Wellve GCB… We think it is extremely hilarious. I am a Christian and I don’t find this offensive at all… I think people who reacted bad about this show is because the show hit a nerve… Well let’s face it they might have seen themselves s one of the characters and they can’t take it…

45. bear says:

have you ever noticed that when abc gets a good show on tv they cancel it. They have done it to many times.

• Sa says:

Yes, it seems ABC is the designated “loss-leader” for the broadcast television industry.
      Taking one for the team, maybe?

• SAM says:

Taking one for the team, maybe?

46. imelda says:

I CANT BELIEVE GCB WAS CANCELED!! ABC BRINGS BACK THE BACHLOR AND BACHLORETTE EVERY SEASON AND IT NEVER WORKS OUT THEY NEVER FIND LOVE. GCB HAD A GREAT STORY LINE, WAS FUNNY AND A GREAT CAST!! BRING IT BACK. NOW THERE IS NOTHING TO WATCH ON SUNDAYS!!

47. Catherine says:

Has anyone started a petition to bring back GCB ?

48. Stacey Beck says:

Severely pissed that GCB is cancelled?!?!!!!!!! Are you freaking serious?! With Desperate Housewives gone what is my Sunday going to consist of!!! I guess not ABC! And the others sucked. :/ Grey’s Anatomy is my show though.

49. Susan says:

PanAm was a great show!!! What is wrong with ABC….I hate it when they don’t even give a show a chance. It went MIA for weeks mid-season, then they brought it back for like two episodes. And that’s it!!!! Stupid ABC STUPID!!!!

50. Susan says:

I just googled to find out when Missing and GCB would be coming back on and found that they were both cancelled??? Really?? They were the only shows on tv that I would not miss for anything. PLEASE reconsider!!!