ABC Cancels GCB, Pan Am, Missing & The River

GCB CancelledABC has officially passed on ordering second seasons of GCB, Missing, The River and Pan Am.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Earlier this evening, ABC greenlit the new dramas Nashville (fronted by Connie Britton), Zero Hour, Red Widow, the Shawn Ryan submarine thriller Last Resort, and the supernatural spooker 666 Park Avenue (with Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn).

Current ABC dramas set to return in the fall include Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and the frothy freshman Scandal. Still riding the bubble are Private Practice and Body of Proof.

1. Becka says:

I really wish GCB and The River would have been renewed. I loved both of them!

2. Greg says:

ABC – AlreadyBeenCancelled….I will now hesitate to get into ANY new show that ABC starts up…who wants to get dumped after a year’s investment???

• Sarah says:

LOL!! That was a good one ABC AlreadyBeenCanceled!! But u r so right its like what’s the point of even watching they’re shows now bc everytime u get into a show n u actually like it they freaking cancel it. They are so annoying!! I even liked that one show the play boy club it was actually pretty good n it was getting even better n they canceled it. It didn’t even get the chance to have a full season. But I don’t remember if it came on ABC or another network LOL

3. deddis says:

GCB AND Missing?!! ugh, Those were two of my favorite new shows..big disappointment ABC!

4. leprecaun says:

How can a new show survive when they change it to a different day by the 4th episode? Missing has hardly got its feet wet on TV then they change the day and only aired what 8 episodes? How can they decide so quickly to cancel? At least if its done, then have “Becca” find “Michael” and go home with “Giancarlo”….

5. Ginaj5 says:

I hope they give Private Practice one more season so Addison can FINALY HAVE A BABY!

6. Camryn says:

ABC is officially a station I’ll be removing from my channel line up. Seriously. They get a good show, and as soon as it builds up steam and gets a heafty fan base, they opt to cancel it and bring in new Crap like..what..666 Park Avenue?..What the hell is that?..The name itself denotes “Keep Changing the channel”, but GCB…oh we’ve got to get rid of that and keep the bullsh*ttery that is The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. Seriously. How many times do we have to go through the process of whoring a man or woman out to other men and women for roses and private time, only to have them end up engaged, and breaking off an engagement and setting us up for the next round of “Lovers” “Looking for Love”….ABC – A Bullsh*t Channel.

7. js says:

cancelling GCB?? not cool at all…

8. Carolyn S says:

I want GCB and Pan AM back. I loved both shows.

9. Danielle says:

Renewing ‘Once Upon A Time’ really, ABC? Missing, Body of Proof, and Private Practice must be too intelligent for the average person to watch so they decide to cancel. This thoroughly upsets me! Reality shows are taking over Prime Time. Seems like all the shows that require some intelligence to follow have been cancelled. No wonder America’s testing scores are plumeting! Now what will I watch after the baby goes to sleep? My DVR will be empty next season! :(

• The same shows year after year..so boring and repetitious . Missing had it all. They finally put a show with some sort of intelligence and excitement on and then cancel. Makes me want to cancel the cable. Idiots!!

10. Gab says:

Bring GCB back. It was so good

11. Barbee Girl livin in a barbee world says:

Too bad ABC Pan Am was great…you had the heavy hand too soon. GCB was stupid. Guess reality is cheaper.… I will be watching USA

12. I can’t believe they are cancelling “missing”! It was finally good to watch something other than Reality shows(which I won’t watch). Missing was exciting, full of suspense. Put it back on or something like Missing on Saturday night. Not all people go out and Saturday TV is awful!!!

13. Lauren says:

GCB fans have fought back! There is a petition 31,000 signatures strong at http://www.savegcb.com and it’s beginning to receive media coverage!

14. PW says:

Please save Missing and GCB! Missing is such a great show and could grow into a big hit. Please don’t cancel it!

15. Robin says:

WHAT THE HELL!!!! I HOPE ABC LOOK AT THIS COMMENT BECAUSE ABC IS ALWAYS GETTING RID THE OF THE GREAT SHOWS…. LIKE GCB AND MISSING. I EVEN GOT MAD WHEN THEY TOOK AWAY FLASH FOWARD. I CAN’T STAND ABC!!! THEY GET ON MY NERVES AND MAKE MY SICK WHEN IT COMES TO GOOD SHOWS THEIR TAKING AWAY !!! MAKE ME MAD! I HOPE IT WORTH CANCELING THE SHOWS!!

16. Sarah says:

I’m so upset that they canceled GCB! That show was so funny it’s bad enough the canceled desperate housewives n GCB was the next best thing but more funny. I just feel like there is so many shows out there that gets second seasons n its so corny but the good shows always gets canceled. Even Pan Am was really good n different. They should of kept it. Its like now adays ANYBODY can have a reality show, as much as I like reality shows its becoming too much ughh. We need GCB back!!!

17. Ashley says:

This is ridiculous! They end desperate housewives, whic was awful, so I said, well at least I have GCB every Sunday, and now they’re canceling this too?! Wtf. And missing is a PHENIMAL show! It’s definitely My favorite, and they’re getting rid of that too?! They wouldn’t know a good tv show if it slapped them in the face. Guess I wo t be watching ABC anymore.

18. Cathy says:

I can’t believe they cancelled GCB. Such a funny show. We watch it every week. I hope this is not final. I question the wisdom of cancelling a show with so much humor and great chemistry between the actors.

19. Linda says:

Please bring back GCB…………..if you ABC would read these comments, they would realize that they are cancelling a show that everyone likes.

20. Yvonne Keiper says:

I agree about Missing and GCB !!! They are Fantastic Shows . I have lost my respect for ABC!!!!!!

21. Jean says:

I watched Missing & skipped American Idol’s result show every week.
    I loved the action packed drama and Ashley Judd!!!!!

• Natalie OJ says:

Same shows every year, every season, no variety so boring until Missing, Person of Interest and Scandal came along. Then they mess with what works. I do not watch those other sameo sameo shows, total waste of time.

22. Farby says:

Missing Is on of my favorite shows!!!!!! And I’m 12!!! So don’t End It like That. At Least Make it better so no one goes crazy!

23. Sue says:

Missing has a caliber of acting None of the current shows have on any channel – not to mention the best scenery. Fast paced, twisted plot and as a mother, I too would go to
    any lengths to protect my family, Who’s in charge? ABC had needed ‘winners’ with
    Missing, GCB and Body of Proof.

24. B Shea says:

I thin Missing was a wonderful show. I look forward to watching it every week. The plot is exciting and the actors are great. Some of the shots were incredible. I really like the settings in cities I’ve never seen before. ABC should give the show more time to build a bigger audience.

25. Terri J says:

Missing is a wonderful show!!! I love that this show takes you across the sea. Thoroughly enjoy seeing the world. This show should return. ABC has made a big mistake with the cancellation of this show. Someone else kilter FOX should pick it up quickly.

26. Michelle says:

I’m so tired of ABC losing faith with their tv shows! Missing and Pan Am are amazing. There are worse tv shows out there. I’m tired of all the other generic shows!

27. tiphanie says:

Awwww…..MISSING was my favorite show!!!! I will go back to NOT watching ABC. :) It was nice….while it lasted!!! Ashely Judd is my favorite Actress!!! Love her! I watch everything she’s in! I’ve seen ALL her movies! She did an amazing job in Missing!! I will miss the show……

28. I enjoyed watching GCB. To bad canceled.

29. Cancel a perfectly good show “MISSING” an a good actress Ashley Judd. A show that can keep you on the edge of your seat. Didn’t give her a fighting chance.Survivor is a good show where contestants really work for the million. An they put MISSING across from shows that are stupid, an really don’t make any sense. MISSING can keep you intrigued during the whole show. To many reality shows, not all viewers are interested in reality shows. Like shows with excitement an intrigue. I know this will upset some people. T.V. is for everyone.

• alex says:

YES YES YES. Couldnt agree more. Look at these idiot men and women who make money off being stupid on tv. I’m not subjecting myself to that crap and my kids won’t either. There are people who actually enjoy a good show like MISSING.

30. Lula says:

I just found out that MISSING has been cancelled. I am very disappointed. I really loved watching this show. It was full of action, suspense, and everything that makes a great show. I love Ashley Judd as the mom who would do whatever to get her child back. Ashley Judd and the cast were great. If the show was going to be cancelled, then the ending should have stayed with the family being reunited. The show should not have ended with the family getting together and then Becca misssing. Who does that? ABC

ABC you suck!!!!!

31. alex says:

FORGET U ABC!!! MISSING is #1… the only TV show you dont fast forward thru. I can’t believe you would have people get so into it and then leave us with a lame cliffhanger last night. Cancel Grey’s.. you killed off one of the best characters Lexie Grey… or cancel all the stupid crap you have on during the day. I dont watch your reality crap and never will as I don’t need to see idiots trying to find love in five minutes. Bring back substance. Ashley Judd is one of the best actresses ever, and you are losing people watching. I’m done with ABC. Guess its backs to watching other channels.

32. Sam says:

If Memory serves:
    Dirty Sexy Money, Samantha Who?, Detroit 187 (c’mon, wtf??), now Missing. I can honestly rely on ABC for one thing, for sure: any Good+QUALITY show I already know (KNOW!) WILL-BE-CANCELLED.
    ABC you get no loyalty from me (“me” meaning whatever portion of the population my “me” represents, according to your statisticians) – not that you want any, It’s clear.
    ABC would have cancelled Donna Summer too earlier on in her trajectory if ABC had anything to do with her.

33. Eddie says:

Who are the stupid program managers in ABC? GBC is hilarious and fun, the River is spooky and exciting, Missing is riveting and heart pounding….very good shows and they were CANCELLED!

34. Maureen says:

Missing is the best show on TV. Ashley Judd and the entire cast were excellent. What is wrong with you network people. Unless it is a reality show or a mindless sitcom you cancel it. You need to listen to your viewers not your purses!!!! Except for Revenge I am done with ABC.

35. SAM says:

Come to think of it, I knew all along this show (MISSING) was indeed going to be cancelled. I mean, think about it everyone, if you watched tv during the last 10-15years, there is no apparent way a show like MISSING would at all last, seriously: superior sets & settings, superior actors & acting, superior writing, superior ensemble performance, superior casting, superior film work etc.et.era et cetera, ad absurdium ad nauseam… Every time (tho’ not always BUT USUALLY with ABC) I see a show this good, I know it will be canceled. It never fails. ABC’s never let me down.when it comes to my hunches. Gonna go out on a limb here, but, if *I* know this from so early on, so do they.
    So..
    WHY DO THEY AIR SUCH SHOWS IN THE FIRST PLACE? It can’t be the money (MISSING seemed an expensive-as-hell show to produce). Was it a loss-leader of some kind? Was it just for the cache’ of having superior film stars on ABC (think Donald Sutherland, Jill Clayburgh, Madeleine Stowe, Ashley Judd, Keith Carradine, Sean Bean!) Or did Mickey(Mouse)’s other film companies need to offer some/all these actors something temporary-yet-appropriate(to their careers) to hold on to them with, so Mickey can use them in some other (greater?more profitable?) projects?

I will somewhat console myself with the one thought that they could’ve done even worse but didn’t: they could’ve “Cashmere-Mafia’d” it (Missing) all to hell and utterly humiliated the show like they did with Dirty $exy Money before killing it. At least with Missing they seem to have learned that much: they de-schmaltzed it of all the “grrrlfrend” affect very early on. Besides, a CIA-Supermom would have ZERO time to be talk, and share, and emote with her grrrls and deciding which flowers should be used for the centerpieces for the next D.C. wedding. She had to find her son.

• Natalie OJ says:

Yeah there’s politics in TV also and who’s wiping who’s except here their messing with our heads. They giveth and taketh away to damn soon to damn easy. I say lets get em.

36. Ianeta says:

I totally agree with everyone I live in Australia and my sister and I were so into missing only to hear that it wont be back what a lot of crap I hate it when you get into a series only for them to take it off air why continue to show it and even show her go missing only to take it off u need to reconcider bringing missing back and not leave us in suspense

• Natalie OJ says:

We all need to continue to gang up on the network, fight for what we want. They gave it to us and then took it away, persistence always pays off. Chant…….WE WANT MISSING BACK……

• JoeyH says:

There are petitions on Change.org to save these shows.

• Nancy says:

Thank you, I never knew that. That is exactly what I will do, hopefully others will follow suit. Maybe one of the other stations will take Missing over. ABC doesn’t deserve it anyway. They take too many good ones off.

37. Erin says:

After being devastated by yet another ABC cancellation I decided I am going to start telling the kids at school that ABC wants to cancel Christmas because of the recession. Damn you ABC I hope there is a demise to your empire one class at a time !

38. Grammy says:

Seriously? I mean come on! I was already PO’d about All My Children and now Missing! So rude! I cant help but think the network knew something about this. The least you could have done was to consider having the finale ending reran. But no instead we will never know what happened to Becca,. Outrageous! Maybe HBO will pick it up. With all the ridiculous changes with the networks, cable is the only way to go. Peace out ABC. I will never watch your network again.

39. Dale says:

It is a shame that a program that makes you think as well as keep you on the edge of your seat, Missing, is being canceled.

40. Brad says:

I can’t believe they cancelled MISSING! Ashley Judd is great – a female Jack Bauer. And I totally agree that GCB is hilarious. So sad that American audiences need stuff to be so dumbed down! make it for your overseas market if nothing else.

41. remo says:

At this rate, ABC will eventually air Dancing With The Stars 7 nights a week. I still can’t believe they pulled Jaime Oliver’s “Food Revolution” last year and replaced it with a 1 hour recap of the previous night’s dancing show. I liked Missing and GCB. Tried the River but the camera work gave me a migraine. Can’t help but think GCB was removed because of ourtage amongst ABC’s/Disney’s “conservative” viewers.

42. Bethany Wood says:

I was furious to learn ABC had cancelled Missing. It is a great show. As others have said it has it all! So true that the lousy shows continue on and the good shows get cancelled! Please ABC reconsider!!!!!

43. laural says:

We loved “Missing” and Pan Am. Hope ABC reconsiders. We thought they had a great line up until the cancellations were announced.

44. Nikki says:

WTF why the heal would the cancel GCB and PAN AM they were both extremely good shows they should really bring then back like ASAP

45. canine2007t says:

I don’t normally watch sitcoms. # GCB was different; it was laugh-out-loud hilarious!!! I’ve told my friends this is for adults only, but put your kids to bed, record it, whatever it takes, just watch it! Now, I really hope another network will pick it up.

46. Mike says:

ABC executives should seriously reconsider signing up for at least a second season of Missing, The show takes over from where the classic 24 left off and is an epic thriller deserving of far, far more. It has the potential to rival 24 in term of awards if allowed to develop.

47. Lynn says:

WTH, I am African American and I loved GCB! I am VERY surprised it is being cancelled. There aren’t many good shows left Urgh…Please reconsider. It will be a big mistake.

48. Ann says:

I really liked Missing. I am a big Ashley Judd fan! :) I hate that it’s not going to be on anymore.

• Natalie OJ says:

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, if we all speak up about this then we just may gets results. There is a petition on Change.org..sign it. Also another disappointed MISSING fan suggested contacting USA NETWORK to pick up the show. I have done both. If u do nothing then expect nothing.

49. Vball04life@yahoo.com says:

I loved the show M
    issing so disappointed this was a great show better than any other story line put there or reality tv I’m very upset

50. Sandra Ray says:

“Missing” is cancelled??? Is ABC crazy???? That is one of the best shows on TV. If ABC wants to cancel something they should cancel “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette!” Those shows are trashy!!!