ABC Cancels GCB, Pan Am, Missing & The River

Get More: Cancellations, News

GCB CancelledABC has officially passed on ordering second seasons of GCB, Missing, The River and Pan Am.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Earlier this evening, ABC greenlit the new dramas Nashville (fronted by Connie Britton), Zero Hour, Red Widow, the Shawn Ryan submarine thriller Last Resort, and the supernatural spooker 666 Park Avenue (with Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn).

Current ABC dramas set to return in the fall include Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and the frothy freshman Scandal. Still riding the bubble are Private Practice and Body of Proof.

Comments (910)

• SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Not happy! I love Missing and GCB!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by cam – May 12, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Need to start a “Save GCB” petition. Everyone needs to send ABC crosses. Paper, Wood, Metal. Any kind to let them know we want it back!!!

Comment by Ronnie – May 12, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WE WANT MORE GCB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Marg – May 12, 2012 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding me?? I am gonna just cancel paying for cable. If they keep canceling these good show like GCB and Missing, then whats the point. GCB was too funny and Missing keeps you wondering what is going to happen next.

Comment by Heather – May 12, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back Missing!!! I’m truly shocked that ABC would not renew more episodes! It’s the best show I’ve seen in years! My friends and I love it and talk about the show weekly…. Please hear us…and keep great talent on the air ABC!!!!! LOVE….MISSING! :)

Comment by Heather – May 12, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so liked Missing great cast …has so much to offer acting, drama great show not like the reality shows they keep offering….

Comment by char – May 12, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC IS DUMB IF THEY CANCEL MISSING. This is one of the best shows on ABC other than Revenge in a while. GEEZ

Comment by Kerry – May 12, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew GCB :(

Comment by someone that isn't happy about GCB being canceled – May 12, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe GCB has been canceled! What a waste! I love this show. A perfect show with a great cast. Come on ABC…don’t do this to your viewers!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by D Yingling – May 12, 2012 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would you cancel Missing and The River? People tape these shows for 2 reasons: 1. They’re too busy to sit down when you tell them to sit down, and 2. Shows that leave you on the edge of your seat in suspense don’t work well with commercials. People would rather tape these kinds of shows and watch them when they have the time and with the ability to fast forward through commercials. It doesn’t mean people aren’t watching, it means people are watching when it’s beneficial to them. Television watching is going to be replaced with Internet viewing in the next decade, mark my words.

Comment by hotzpacho – May 12, 2012 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am flabbergasted that they canceled GCB. Great show made me laugh every week. Missing was good but I think one season would have done it. The River was unique like lost. What the heck is wrong with these networks gets rid of the good ones puts the great ones on a bubble and keeps the crappy ones.

Comment by Jo Ana Scott – May 12, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I shoulda known better than to trust ABC to actually keep good shows on! Only watch General Hospital & the Sunday night shows anyway. Gonna miss Desperate Housewives & GCB. Stupid people who dictate what we watch.

Comment by susan – May 12, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED GCB!!! BUMMER!!! BIG TIME

Comment by Catherine – May 12, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missing and GCB had the worst time slots :-/ but it was actually smart and good programming.. They shouldve changed time slot and given them a chance.. Cant believe they’re letting them go!

Comment by Fla – May 13, 2012 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • P/S It would be great if NBC picked them up .. Mike put a word in there for us!!?! Haha -

Comment by Fla – May 13, 2012 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Pan Am! It’s my inspiration for college. Yes, I’m taking Air Transportation, and no, I cannot lose my interest here because ABC cancelled Pan Am. I’m going to watch Season 1 over and over like I’ve never seen it before.

WE NEED A MIRACLE HERE.

Comment by Careina – May 13, 2012 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved GCB ! I’m really bummed they cancelled it, it was hilarious and very entertaining.

Comment by Deb – May 13, 2012 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really abc? Was so looking forward to being able to watch my Sunday night tv, knowing desp. Housewives was cancelled saddened me, but gcb was my new Sunday fav. Sad to see it go, hoping another network will pick it up so they can get my loyalty

Comment by Andrea – May 13, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Missing is one of the best shows on television!!! What are you thinking? Crap like Two and a Half Men stays on TV, but a great action show like Missing is cancelled. My friends and I look forward to watching it every Thursday! What is going on here??? Please! Rescind your decision about cancelling this show.

Comment by Joan – May 13, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE GCB!!! It was a fun, FUN and funny show!! Please bring it back!!! Please!!!

Comment by Gigi – May 13, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I went to the abc website and emailed them. I need GCB. Everybody please help me.

Comment by Tonya – May 13, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was great i’m going to miss it!!! i cant believe they canceled it after one season! it had real petential and was actually funny! maybe someone else will pick it up *fingers crossed*

Comment by Crimson – May 13, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am forteen and me an alll my friends luuuuuv GCB it was funny and we watched each sunday it was going to b a great replacment for desperate houswives i hope we can get it bac on some how

Comment by crystal – May 13, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am truly upset about GCB being canceled! I really liked the show and was looking forward to seeing it next season! I think they should give it another season before deciding to give up on it!

Comment by Jess – May 13, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband and I are both so disappointed to see that GCB was cancelled. We so looked forward to the show each week. I truly hope another channel picks it up. Great casting – hilarious story lines. It’s nice to watch a show that will leave you with a smile on your face and is not just another reality show!

Comment by Debbie Dunham – May 13, 2012 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was one of the best shows on TV! Young and old and male and female loved it! I don’t get it! Bring it back on another network that can run with it!

Comment by K – May 13, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was the best comedy on TV! I don’t get why they cancelled it! Everyone I know young, old, male and female watched it and loved it! Hope another smarter network picks it up and runs with it! I won’t be watching ABC as GCB was the only good one!

Comment by Karlee – May 13, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shame on ABC! Loved GCB & Missing. I’m done watching new shows as their really is no point anymore.

Comment by JoeyH – May 13, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad to see GCB go! I watched every episode and would discuss the show with family and friends on Mondays. It was well written, had fantastic fashion, and each character was spunky in her own way. Not to mention that fantastic season finale… LOVED GCB! :( boo-hoo

Comment by Michelle – May 13, 2012 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC canceling GCB is BS! We should organize a boycott of this pathetic excuse for a tv station. I hope another station picks it up.

Comment by Kelli – May 13, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot believe that I found a show that is over the top GCB and they have cancelled it. It so resembled the area I live in. It was a guilty pleasure to watch it put out there for all to really see. Can’t believe they cancelled it. Well maybe they decided they don’t need viewers anymore.

Comment by Claire – May 13, 2012 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed!!!! im from a small town in kansas and it was like sitting back and watching my hometown play out in front of me!!! maybe some of these big LA execs need to drop off in the midwest and bring the damn show back!!!!

Comment by Michael Higgins – May 14, 2012 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was not given a chance. It was so clever and tongue in cheek. Please bring it back. The cast was top notch. The story line had endless possibilities. ABC is making a mistake. I hope they change their minds, if not I hope GCB is picked up elsewhere.
    Loved GCB!!!!!

Comment by S Thomas – May 13, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was a great show with an incredible cast. Hopefully another network will see the potential of the show and realize it has a large fan base. ABC didn’t give it a chance.

Comment by Sheila – May 13, 2012 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay….how on earth can GCB get cancelled, but shows like The Bachelor and The Bachelorette stay on? Seriously??? Could someone please get smart and pick up GCB….it was one of the funniest shows that has been on TV in a long time. Maybe USA or TNT will pick up GCB….ABC certainly does not care what their viewers think. LONG LIVE GCB!!!!

Comment by Tanisha – May 13, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love GCB. I am a physician and this is the only series that I watch except business programs. The people at ABC are idiots!!!!

Comment by Margaret Miller – May 13, 2012 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTH? GCB Is a Great Show! I looked forward to Sunday Nights! This Sucks

Comment by Rachiell – May 13, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back GCB’s, i have never laughed so hard, this is a tragedy!!!!!

Comment by Gina Phillips – May 13, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really they had to canceal GCB that would of been an awesome show to take over desperate housewives time slot BOOOO BOOOOO ON ABC for this

Comment by Angela – May 13, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC (AKA the DISNEY morons) are just plain stupid. The high quality of Pan AM, Missing and GCB was what would have kept them with a tremendous following. As far as I am concerned I will begin a campaign of getting everyone possible boycotting anything they put out from now on. There’s just too much television these days anyway, so no need to keep flip flopping because of one network’s sheer stupidity.

Comment by Jim T – May 13, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope this is a joke??

Comment by Shona – May 14, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am totally bummed out that GCB got cancelled!!! Ugh, You can’t get the ratings you want after ten episodes, it would’ve been a great hit. Shame Shame Network heads. So pissed off. This was the only show in a very long time I’d actually make sure I’d watch every week. >:-(

Comment by Jessica – May 13, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was the best show ever! Hope a good station will pick it up… Maybe NBC or CBS

Comment by LaDonna – May 13, 2012 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • come on really pam am cancel it was the reason i watched abc bye abc

Comment by patty s – May 13, 2012 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love that abc is bringing in a singing show only 13 years after american idol debuted!!! NOT!!! i loved gcb and was sad to see it end!!! i will def stop watching the network until they bring it back… it was way better then desperate housewives and that damn show was on forever!!!! so sick of bad dancing with the stars and boring shows abc !!!! bring back gcb!!!!

Comment by Michael Higgins – May 14, 2012 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB!!!!!!! Loved it!

Comment by Shaeshae – May 14, 2012 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think ABC has nothing but idiots working…who cancels shows that are good instead they leave dumb shows like 2 and a half men which is no longer good. give me a break maybe you need acting school.GCB and missing were really good shows.

Comment by sarah – May 14, 2012 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC sucks!! I loved GCB. We watch far slobs like snooki but get rid of good tv shows. Please someone else pick this show up. I loved it!!

Comment by Cajundawn – May 14, 2012 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was smart and funny! Loved this show and truly only watch two shows. Cancel the trash keep GCB! Great cast and clerverly written. Sad to see it go.
    Maybe a more clever network will pick it up.

Comment by shawna – May 14, 2012 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • None of these cancellations are surprising. The only one I watched was GCB and I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately the ratings weren’t there, and that goes for all 4 of these shows. ABC still has plenty of good shows that were renewed so I can’t complain too much. It’s the nature of the business. Some of you get too emotional about it.

Comment by Shona – May 14, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC since GCB is gone and Missing is Lost …..so am I see ya

Comment by Tonia – May 14, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB cancelled? Why??? Smart, funny and sexy sitcoms do not come along often, this was definitely one of them. I am boycotting ABC because they only other two shows I would even consider watching (Revenge and Once Upon a Time) one of themthem has jumped the shark with its overly complicated plotlines (Revenge) and Once Upon a Time is so damn frustrating it’s barely watchable. Hoping another station will pick up the fresh and witty GCB.

Comment by erin – May 14, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post