ABC Cancels GCB, Pan Am, Missing & The River

Get More: Cancellations, News

GCB CancelledABC has officially passed on ordering second seasons of GCB, Missing, The River and Pan Am.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Earlier this evening, ABC greenlit the new dramas Nashville (fronted by Connie Britton), Zero Hour, Red Widow, the Shawn Ryan submarine thriller Last Resort, and the supernatural spooker 666 Park Avenue (with Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn).

Current ABC dramas set to return in the fall include Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and the frothy freshman Scandal. Still riding the bubble are Private Practice and Body of Proof.

Comments (910)

• Can’t believe Missing has been cancelled – Why?

Comment by Jo – April 2, 2013 01:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Incredibly disappointed that MISSING got cancelled. Most everything else on TV these days seems so second rate. Ashley Judd & the entire cast kept us tuned in & ready for next season. Disappointing*

Comment by Michelle – April 3, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Missing” was the best show since “24″ & “Lost”! Seriously, how many “CSI” shows & reality shows do we need? Why do you cancel the best shows? Please bring it back!! Listen to the people!

Comment by frustrated – April 6, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you! There are so many of the same type of show and Missing was so wonderful and thrilling! How can you not watch Ashley Judd! Please bring it back!!!!

Comment by Christie – August 2, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very disappointed that Missing has been cancelled! What a shame! There are few shows that my Husband will watch with me and this was one of them. Great plot, loved the action and Ashley Judd rocked! What a shame that ABC didn’t bring this back. It was a good wholesome family show. ABC….you didn’t get this right!! Please bring it back!!!

Comment by Irritated – April 18, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they took all the good shows off ! I have read previous comments…..pan am had direction, it had one character who was a spy trying to make the right decisions, it had the romances and was definately different from all the other shows! Gcb was a great show too ! It had morals in it as each show the characters kept eachother in check. It was a delight to watch! Private practice has been on for years and it would be wrong to just not renew it! Unfortunately, ABC still has a couple of my other shows on it or I would stop watching it! There is nothing more frustrating then falling for a show and it being left hanging because it got dropped, makes me want to stop watching new shows.

Comment by danielle pastros – May 1, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :( I was so waiting for GCB!!!! It was so funny! I’m a Christian and I did not feel offended by the content because actually it is a mockery of the ones that aren’t real christians and just play the role for conviniences. It is not a blasphemy, it is a sad reallity of what we are surrounded by in our churches, two faced belles.

Comment by danisha – June 30, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m bumbed. I loved Pan Am, it was great and I loved the erra it was portraying. Really disappointed that Missing is off the air. I was looking forward to what would come next and I am such a huge fan of Ashley Judd!

Comment by Christie – August 2, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved missing!!! They didn’t even give it a chance!!! There is such crap on I would like to see who decides who stays and who goes . I hope ABC reads these

Comment by Cheryl head – September 4, 2013 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post