ABC Cancels GCB, Pan Am, Missing & The River

GCB CancelledABC has officially passed on ordering second seasons of GCB, Missing, The River and Pan Am.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Earlier this evening, ABC greenlit the new dramas Nashville (fronted by Connie Britton), Zero Hour, Red Widow, the Shawn Ryan submarine thriller Last Resort, and the supernatural spooker 666 Park Avenue (with Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn).

Current ABC dramas set to return in the fall include Castle, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Revenge and the frothy freshman Scandal. Still riding the bubble are Private Practice and Body of Proof.

1. M.A.D. says:

Please bring back Missing. That is a great show, is like watching a movie at the theatre, even though it was a series.

2. September says:

I LOVED THE GCB SHOW. IT WAS HIGHLY ENTERTAINING, IT HAD A GOOD CAST OF ACTORS & ACTRESSES. ALSO I LOVED THE STORY LINE & THE BRIGHT, BEAUTIFUL WARDROBES. I WOULD LIKE FOR ABC TO BRING IT BACK OR ANOTHER NETWORK TO PICK IT UP PLEEEEEASE!!

3. monica says:

Bring back GCB!!!! it was one of the best shows on tv.

4. BB says:

Please bring back Missing!!! That is the best show ever.

5. Denequa Dixon says:

That’s so stupid no more GCB that show was so freakin funny. I loved all the character’s.

6. samantha says:

I have neverbeen so into a drama as I was missing!!!! Judd was simply amazing, plots and scenes were incredible! Obviously the person/s calling the shots on cutting the show is either stupid or in bed with another network to sabotage ABC. No matter which it is ABC better wise up and listen to the public and what they want or it will be more than 3 shows getting canceled ; it will be a whole network! !!!!

7. Mel says:

What the hell is wrong with these corporate people! GCB was AWESOME! How the hell could they cancel it? I demand they bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. bronte girl says:

Every time I get into a show, they cancel it! GCB was witty, funny, and well-casted. I also found Missing well written. Does anybody remember the show about the Lottery Winners? I also liked that one. Yes… was also a fan of Brothers and Sisters.

9. perc says:

Ugh!! I was so excited to watch The Missing. Maybe if they took some of the junk off tv they would have room for the good stuff. So dissapointed.

10. Cindirella says:

ABC you really do suck big time!!!! I’ve been waiting and waiting for GCB and Pan Am to come back only to find out today you canceled it. I like every one else am sick of reality shows. Hell! don’t even watch a single one of them. But these two show’s where very well written and showed. I hope another network picks it up and kicks your ass about it. Fools!!!

11. Rhonda Cerenzie says:

Cancel Missing but leave the fluff! Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

12. beth says:

So, I’ve been waiting for Ashley Judd’s show “Missing” to start and thought maybe I had missed it, and now to find out that ABC cancelled it. On what basis…it was a wonderful show. I doubt any execs from the network will read this, but for all of us moms who would do anything for our children…Ashely’s character was so easy to love and root for…boo hoo!!!!

13. Theresa Abernathy says:

Really ABC? Does anyone even read the viewers posts? Pages and pages of people asking for the cancelled shows to be brought back. I loved all the cancelled shows and don’t watch any of the ones that were kept. LOVED GCB, Pan Am, Missing, AND The River. A majority of my TV time was spent watching ABC shows, now….. Not so much! And we were horribly addicted to Missing….. if anything bring that one back!

14. D Sorenson says:

Sounds to me that the real GCB’s got to ABC

15. chris says:

Unbelievable! I thought I’d check to see when “Missing” was to return only to find out that it has been cancelled. I agree with many comments here and that the producers obviously don’t watch their own shows. Missing was smart and exciting and dramatic. I also laughed heartily at GCB and enjoyed the antics of the girls of Pan Am. It’s a good thing I also enjoy reading! Shame on you ABC.

16. Tracy says:

ABC needs to fire the idiot(s) that canceled GCB. It was a good show and a reason to watch ABC.

17. Kim says:

Cant believe Missing and GCB r cancelled!!!! It’s a real shame :( ABC please reconsider!!!!

18. Dianne Ackert says:

I too am missing Missing! My family and I were also on the edge of our seats every week watching Ashley Judd, I have always loved her as an actress and she was superb in the role of Becca Winstone! Loved the scenery and the plot kept us guessing. Even my 80 year old mother refused to miss an episode! Regardless of other series conflicts, Missing was always the “have to see” first choice. I couldn’t wait all summer for it to return only to finally figure out it had been cancelled. What a let down. Please bring it back!!!!!

19. Dalton says:

GCB and missing were really good shows and I can’t believe that they canceled them and those were the shows me and my wife would watch together! Why couldn’t they be started on another station like cougar town was maybe NBC would give them a chance!

20. Terry says:

My husband and I thought that missing was done extremely well. We looked forward to the next weeks episode. You should bring it back.

21. Ericka T says:

I am a flight attendant and liked Pan Am, but truly LOVED missing. Ashley Judd was awesome! I finally thought good t.v. drama was making a comeback with this show that showed why actors and writers are still needed over these mindless, insane reality shows. Is there a petition going around to send to ABC????

• Flora Hendricks says:

As reported by the news recently Ashley may run and be elected as a politician representing Kentucky. If that occurs then there is probably no hope for Missing to come back to any network. Hope that she wins. Go Ashley!

22. anne says:

Cant believe they cancelled The Gifted Man; what is it about so much violence that gets the slots. The nice shows are cancelled. What gives??
    Gifted Man
    Missing
    Pan Am
    Harry’s Law
    Combat Hospital
    Artic Air
    to name a few….

23. F H says:

In the event that Ashley Judd is elected as a politician to Kentucky, etc.there is probably no way that Missing will return to any network. The news has been reporting her possible future political ambitions for the last couple of days. She has my support. Go Ashley!

24. Jo says:

I really enjoyed “Missing” it was action packed, thrilling, exciting, sexy, creative & I loved watching every week! The scenes were absolutely beautiful! come on ABC… why are you keeping these stupid shows that are obscene & cancelling the ones that really make u sit on the edge if your seat! Ashley Judd & the rest of the cast did an amazing job!!!!!

25. Roxanne says:

I absolutely loved “Missing!” Couldn’t wait for it to be on again! What a huge disappointment!!! Not fair–so many other stupid shows, but not this great drama. AJ was super! Loved her!

26. Lora Turknett says:

I am so mad about GCB! I loved loved loved the show!!!

27. Lora Turknett says:

And another thing, I agree with everyone able reality shows. It’s getting out of hand. I don’t watch ANY of them! It’s getting where I don’t watch anything on local channels. Wake up ABC!!!!

28. Eric says:

Usually don’t watch abc because I don’t care for what they have on but started watching missing and really like it now I find that they cancelled it. Typical dumb move.

29. Kathy Marsh says:

Please bring missing back. It was by far the best show. On. TV.

30. Paul says:

no more missing? guess that means no more ABC

31. Mary says:

I went searching for Missing tonight … Had been thinking about it…. Loved its one season!! Bummer, it got tossed. It was such a good suspense thriller, reminded me the beginnings of alias… Always another deeper story around the bin

32. Nicole Nash says:

I Just found out 4different shows me and my kids loved to watch have all been cancelled and I am outrageously pissed! MISSING, THE RIVER, SECRET CIRCLE, AND RINGER!! FOR REAL I HATE WHEN I GET ALL INTO SHOWS AND THEN THEY GET CANCELLED FOR SOME STUPID ONES! COME ON PEOPLE LISTEN TO THE FANS AND BRING OUR SHOWS BACK!!!!!

33. Nicole Nash says:

the only 2that I actually do like that are newer are Nashville, and 666 Park place! PLZ DON’T CANCEL THESE NEXT!

34. Nicole says:

whyyyyyyy why GCB it is awesome please dont cancelle it!

35. jhamm says:

I cant believe you ABC, you cancelled Missing and GCB. I have to say, WTF! What were you guys thinking! Maybe the programming director should be cancelled. Missing was a great action show. It was great to see that the “kick ass” main character was a woman (Ashley Judd). GCB was funny, quirky, and sweet, which was great after the loss of Desparate Housewives. What now ABC, more dumb reality shows! Way to go.

36. ms jessy says:

Agree missing is freakn awesome…bring it back!!!!!!

37. Mike says:

Why take MISSING off? There are so many stupid shows shows on TV anymore along with all kinds of reruns and you take off one of the best series you have had in a while. It’s time to take off some of the sitcoms and reality shows that insult the publics intelligence.

38. Michael Warren says:

Tv People do not pay attention to we over 60’s people who watch television every night. We have not missed a single Person of Interest, and enjoy Castle. These people then took The Mentalist and put it on at 10 O’clock on a Sunday Night.(too late as we both get uop early for work). Elementary is also too late. We get a night of NCIS. Other than that You took off Missing which was a wonderfully exciting show. I just read tonights tv schedual. It is positively awful. Friday nights are ridiculous. Saturday, without public television, is a disater. What else are you going to do to us give us more realy garbage?

39. Jamie says:

OMG I CAN’T BELIEVE U CANCELLED THE RIVER THAT SHOW WAS GREAT!!!!! GGRRR I HATE WHEN UGET US USE TO STUFF AND THEN TAKE IT AWAY AT LEAST LET US HAVE AN ENDING !!!!!!

40. VICKI LONG says:

SO SAD TO SEE MISSING IS NOT COMING BACK. MY FRIEND AND I KEPT CHECKING ON THE MENU TO SEE WHEN IT CAME ON …NOW I WILL CALL AND TELL HER TO QUIT LOOKING BECAUSE THEY TOOK OFF A GREAT SHOW LIKING MISSING WITH A GREAT ACTRESS TO PUT ON ANOTHER REALITY SHOW THAT WE KEEP CHANGING TO WATCH SOMETHING LIKE EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND WHICH WE SAW A DOZEN + TIMES TO KEEP FROM WATCHING JUNK…JUST MY OPINION.

• Donna G says:

I have been regularly checking for Missing and just found this comment section stating it was cancelled! How can that be? I thought about this show all throughout the week trying to figure out how the next episode might go. I was never right, but I always tried out different scenarios in my mind. It kept me thinking! How many shows can say that. It was also the only ABC show I have watched in years. I do not like reality shows or simulated reality shows. I don’t watch talent shows or dancing and singing wannabes. I don’t need to watch people at work act out and still get to keep their jobs, or imbeciles at work who regularly create drama and again are not severely reprimanded or fired.
      Missing was exciting on the edge of your seat entertainment and was nominated for two Emmys in its first season only to be cancelled? What the hey? Who made the call to cancel after that? Its no wonder I watch less TV each year. All the good shows keep getting bumped by those playing games on islands or Kardashian style CRAP! They may not be ABC shows, but those on ABC sure do rank with them when they cancel the best in favor of CRAP!!
      Bring back Missing, plleezzee.

41. bonnie b says:

have been waiting and waiting for Missing to come back, thought, maybe a mid season return, no such thing. finally decided to google it and lo and behold, it’s been cancelled. JAG was cancelled by its original network, too, and CBS was smart enough to pick it up and run all the way to the bank for ten years. hopefully someone will be smart enough to pick up Missing, too. great story, great acting, great scenery, and awesome side stories, too! as much as i hate series with only a few episodes here and there i would be willing to wait for this gem! i would even settle for a summer series. bring ashley back!!!!!

42. Le Allen says:

I am really getting tired of watching new shows on NBC or TNT then they cancel the shows and leave us wondering what the ending would be, so I guess I will not be watching either of those channels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. Patrick says:

What is wrong with American TV Shows?
    Back in Europe we are really wondering what the problem is with all these US Shows getting canceled all the time.
    Every time there is a mind blowing TV show with great plots that are picking your brain it ends up in the trash bin…
    While other series like 2 and a half man or the big bang theory (no brain needed) are reaching season 10!
    Do we have to believe that Americans are so stupid that they only appreciate cheap humor or unrealistic action crap where guys get beaten up with iron sticks and still fight back!!!
    It has reached the point where I wait for series to reach season 4 before watching them for free on-line and then of course ABC, NBC, Fox and other TV Networks are not making a dime out of it…
    I hope someone can explain why…

Patrick from Cannes/France

44. Marie Bishop says:

The River was so awesome…I hate that it got cancelled! I was looking forward to watching season two.

45. Rcook says:

I have been waiting for Missing to return. I just found out its been cancelled; what a mistake..
    It was a great original show… Hopefully you will reconsider… Missing is an edge of your seat original series, that shouldn’t be missing from your line up!!!

46. karina says:

i loved desperate housewives it was my only show i followed and i was able to watch one upon a time with my kids but GCB was my replacement show to DHW. i am truley disapointed.

47. karina says:

btw there are no more interesting shows to watch. now i watch duck dynasty and walking dead and true blood when it comes back. u should really consider bringing back GCB and MISSING

48. tracy says:

I too was wondering what happen to Missing. The show was exciting i felt like i was watching a suspense at the movies! Great show! What were you thinking ABC!. Disappointed! Another network please pick up this show.

49. Dart Krenuger says:

Missing was *always* NUMBER ONE (1) in my book! It was the GREATEST t.v. show I had ever seen and so well acted! The plot was always Spot-On!! It did not deserve to be cancelled! No Way! Whoever made that decision was obviously not taking us seriously or caring about what *we* want to see on t.v. They need to seriously Bring It Back!!

50. Mel says:

ABC you people have seriously lost it! Missing was probably one of the best shows on tv and you cancel it……this has to be a joke!!! Maybe soon you will realize that you made a HUGE mistake and bring it back. Heck if i had millions i’d pay to bring it back!