Was Castle's Hot Sex Tempered? Did New Girl Goof? Did Liz's Rap Rock? And More TV Qs!

Fringe Josh JacksonWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries we’re going to lob at you, from shows including Castle, New Girl, Parks and Recreation and The Office!

1 | Was there anything better than Peter’s smile when Fringe‘s Olivia said the word “nursery”?

| Can Saturday Night Live please sort out the annoying sound mixing issues for its musical guests next season?

| How is it that the characters on The Killing are able to accomplish so much in so little time? Case in point: Gwen quit Richmond’s campaign, relocated from Seattle to D.C., settled into a new job, moved back to Seattle and rejoined Richmond’s campaign — all in what amounted to roughly four days!

4 | Did our mommas hide from us the version of Snow White where a dwarf would ker-chunk the business end of his pick ax into an adversary’s back, as Once Upon a Time‘s Grumpy did?

| What is going on with Dan’s hair on Gossip Girl?! We wanted to run our fingers through it at first, but this is unacceptable.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once Upon a Time, House, Criminal Minds, Glee, Smash and More!

| Who wanted to slap an increasingly whiny Zoe on Hart of Dixie this week and say, “Snap out of it, selfish! You’ve got a good thing going in Bluebell!” Also, why so eavesdroppy, Brick?

| Now that 2 Broke Girls has aired a full season, what’s your final verdict on Oleg — keep or cut?

8 | How much more satisfying would Castle and Beckett’s long-awaited hookup have been had ABC not given it away in the promos?

| Who did the movie-based-on-a-book-within-a-TV-show thing better: Bones or Castle?

10 | Really, Smash‘s Julia? History is history, yes, but did anyone actually think that ending the otherwise vibrant and rousing Bombshell with a grim suicide scene would get y’all a standing O?

11 | How great was it that Abed got a shout-out in this week’s Cougar Town title card joke? And this week’s best sight gag: Grayson doing Michael Jackson moves in the hurricane wind, yes?

RELATED | Cougar Town Boss Bill Lawrence on Show’s Move to Cable: ‘TBS Is Not Doing This Rinky-Dink’

12 | Has Unforgettable ever explained how bionic vision comes as part of the super-memory package? Can Marilu Henner vouch for this?

13 | Can we come up with a term for when a TV show’s opening credits happen to land a cast member’s name on that actor mid-scene? How about when a show sets an episode on the date it airs (e.g. this week’s NCIS: LA taking place on May 8)?

14 | Didn’t the clearly visible freeway in the distance undercut some of the “We’re stuck in the middle of the desert!” drama on this week’s otherwise spot-on New Girl finale?

15 | For a school that hates the Glee club so much, McKinley High’s student body sure got excited and rowdy when they performed at prom, didn’t they? And can we get a collective “Awwwww” at how sweet and adorable Puck was this week?

16 | After the novelty factor wore off – Jack’s hair! Emily’s Fauxlivia-style wig! That guy! No really, Jack’s hair! – didn’t this week’s Revenge flashback feel like 95 percent filler?

RELATED | ABC Renews Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Grey’s, Castle and Three Wednesday Comedies

Awake17 | Awake/Alias fans, who knew Marshall Flinkman could be sooooo disturbing?

18 | The Office‘s Nellie — we disliked her a lot less by the end of the season, right?

19 | Was Community‘s fake asylum subplot freakishly believable? And how surprisingly sweet was it when the gang finally realized that Dean Pelton is an integral part of the group?

20 | NBC obviously couldn’t say Knope to renewal, but didn’t that Parks and Recreation finale feel a lot like a series ender? And are we the only ones playing “Catch Your Dream” on a loop?

21 | Can they please release a deleted scene of Liz’s entire pop-up “rap-up” on 30 Rock? With lyrics like, “I reject Chris Brown’s comeback,” it’s bound to be a both entertaining and informative — not to mention honest.

1. 18 | The Office‘s Nellie — we disliked her a lot less by the end of the season, right?

The correct answer? No. No, I still hated her.

2. dessy111 says:

Fringe
    totally

3. OMG I had accepted Parks wouldn’t be coming back next year after that perfect episode. I can’t wait to see what happens to them next season.

4. Cindy says:

#5. Fans hair is disgusting!!!

5. Ryan says:

#2: It’s been a problem for forever. They need to up the vocals loads and drop the music by more. Then I might actually pay attention to the musical guests.

#14: I spotted the freeway AND the Vasquez Rocks (a Star Trek staple) when they were out “in the desert”. They’re only a brief jaunt from LA.

6. Rachel says:

13: I always thought I was the only one who notices that happening!

7. Chelsea Anne says:

#11 = SO true. I giggled like a little school girl during Grayson’s Michael Jackson tribute.

#20 = BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD ALL WEEK. I’ve been singing “Catch Your Dream” nonstop since last night’s finale.

#21 = Liz Lemon/Tina Fey rapping was EXQUISITE.

Once again, thanks TV Line for saying the words of my heart when I couldn’t quite articulate them.

8. Amanda says:

#2 Seriously!
    #11 Loved both!!
    #14 IKR!

9. martina says:

8 | The promo was enough to excite us but without not giving away much. That episode was flawless and the fifth season’s gonna be a blast! Without the promos I would’ve died of a heart attack. They kept me wishing and waiting!

10. Samantha says:

#8 Absolutely not!
    Watched that promo 100 ways to Sunday but the actual scene (simply dubbed The Scene by Caskett fandom) was 1000x better. It was breathtaking, heartfelt, passionate, beautiful, and so very intimate.
    Nathan and Stana were PERFECTION!

• Maggie says:

Thats what i thought about it. The promo was amazing but we didnt know if the hookup would actually happen or if it would just be a kiss.

• Jessica says:

You are absolutely right! It was great, even though a second of it was in the promo. I was surprised they showed it in the promo though.

11. Kim R says:

8. It was pefectly executed as far as I’m concerned. :)

12. Ju says:

8: Better without the promo but they didn’t steal all the hotness. Really not. It was already perfectly satisfying for me!
    9: Castle. First to do it and let’s face it, nothing can beat Nikki Heat.
    21: YES!

13. TV Gord says:

#2. The absolute worst was Paul McCartney in 2010. Embarrassing. However, I don’t think we can wait until next season. We need a fix in time for Mick Jagger’s performances with Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire in eight days from now!

14. Christine says:

(8) It would have been so much better if ABC had not given it away in the promos.
    (9) Bones was way better because we got to see them actually filming the movie and them interacting with their counterparts who were suspects in the murder. On Castle when they went to the movie studio we only had the interaction with actors portraying Esposito and Ryan which I really loved.
    (14) Nope loved it because they had no other friends to bail them out and the guys did not want Nick to move out so they where not going to walk to find help. I also was laughing why did they not just hot wire the car, Nick could had just done his magic fix it methods to start the car.

15. Daira says:

#8 Castle: I did hate that the promos gave away the hook up. You know/hope all season that it’s going to happen, but I spent all episode waiting for it. It is better that they left it as a surprise, I would’ve squeal more if I didn’t see it coming.
    #19 Community: IT WAS SO BELIEVABLE. Halfway trough it I thought “OMG, are they really doing this? Have this all been a lie?” If it was true, only Community could’ve pull that one off and get away with it. And Dean Pelton, always there for the stuudy group, now is the Greendale 7′s turn!

• Alan says:

i was fully preparing myself for the rest of the show being set in an asylum it was so convincing

• Angela says:

Same here. I was sitting there going, “Wait…what…no, that couldn’t be…maybe…?” Part of that feeling came from John Hodgman playing his part in the episode absolutely PERFECTLY. He was eerily convincing. And it sure would’ve explained away pretty much all of the craziness of the season. But thank goodness Jeff snapped everyone back into reality at the end.
        Also, the bits with Dean Pelton were very sweet, yes, but I think those also perfectly illustrated just how awesome the character is. This season’s been doing a wonderful job of showing just why I love and care about these characters so much.
        As for “Glee”, I’ve still yet to catch up on this week’s episode, but I’ve often wondered that, too. They’ve kind of lost some of that “underdog/outcast” status over the seasons.

• airhead says:

i was basically second guessing everything that had ever happened in community during those few minutes

16. songfta says:

A2: SNL has never, ever had a good sound mix, and it’s gotten worse over the years. Even the CDs they issued back in the 90s, which presumably used the stereo master recordings from the live broadcasts, sound flat and awful. NBC/Broadway Video need to get new folks at the boards ASAP. Paul Simon isn’t a slouch at finding good audio guys, and he’s good friends with Lorne Michaels – perhaps there’s a consultation there, waiting to happen.

A8: Much, much, much more satisfying. Giving away key plot points is a problem with TV and movies these days – it’s as if they assume all of their viewers have the IQ of a stump.

A9: Bones, no contest.

A20: It felt a bit contrived, like the about-face “The West Wing” had to do when John Spencer died during the filming of the final season. That said, it was a sweet ending, and a good prelude to the “13-shows-and-you-are-kicked-to-the-curb” half-season coming this fall.

17. Leah says:

I was soooo disappointed when the tag at the end of 30 Rock was not Liz’s rap. The Community asylum legitly freaked me out for a moment. Most def. Castle would’ve been better if ABC had went promo crazy.

18. Alex says:

8 | Eleveny-forty. Which is a number Nathan Fillion made up. But it’s a really large number.

9 | Castle. Why? Watch the “Nikki Heat” episode in which Laure Prepon plays Natalie Rhodes who plays Nikki Heat. And then watch “To Love and Die in L.A.” and Beckett’s face when she meets the actors playing Raley (Ryan) and Ochoa (Esposito).

19. Keep Oleg. Cut Sophie.

20. Becky C says:

Anybody else feel like the way they left things with Mary and Marshall in the series finale of In Plain Sight was a total cop out?

21. Lora says:

8| I never take promos too seriously b/c a lot of times the scene pans out differently when the show airs; it’s just one giant fake out. Mad Men is really good at this; I always suspect something else to happen than what actually does.

22. JenInChicago says:

ABC sacrificed something the viewers had been waiting to see in order to “bump up” the numbers for live viewing or same day DVR viewing. Typical crap from ABC.

• TV Gord says:

God, ‘shippers are never satisfied. Castle and Beckett have finally gotten together, so y’all have to find some OTHER reason to be angry.

• Andrew says:

LOL thank you!!! Some people just can’t be satisfied now can’t they? I’m sooooo happy they got together and frankly i don’t give a damn about the promo.

• JenInChicago says:

Um, both Andrew and you completely missed my point. Just whizzed right on by your heads.

23. Kelly says:

8) Unfortunately (and as much as we’d all like to forget it) tv is a business first. The only way for tv to “sell tickets” is via their promos. We knew what was coming well before the finale’s promos aired on ABC thanks to events like the Paley Center panel, etc. I think they gave us just enough for us to lose our minds with excitement for a week but not too much that knowing something was coming ruined anything. Inevitable season conclusion. Perfect season conclusion.

24. 8. agreed
    9. Castle’s was better imo
    18. agreed
    19. They had me going for a little bit, also loved Jeff’s arguing that most community college students were there for 5 to 7 years
    20. It did feel like there was an air of finality to it
    21. I want this so bad

25. Susan says:

#8: Shouldn’t that read hot “Pre” sex??? And no, I watched the sneaks and promos and it was still all kinds of awesome….and did I say HOT??

26. Beckstle says:

#4
    Pretty much. These are not the Disney dwarfs, even if the show is on ABC. Dwarfs as a rule, are pretty fierce. :)

#8 I LOVED the promos for Castle because so many shows promise but don’t deliver. Rather than be a nervous wreck and DVR the episode, I felt good going in to watch it. I did NOT feel that I “knew” exactly what was going to happen, because what went down emotionally between Castle & Beckett wasn’t in the promos. That was the BIG thing, HOW were they gonna work it out? Those conversations are what made the physical scene not just extra hot, but the whole episode beautiful and emotionally satisfying.

#9 Actually, the best “let’s go make a movie” was done on the X-files. Castle did “Nikki Heat”, which was a much more fun and interesting take on how the whole thing is usually done. Focusing in on having one character imitated and how it effects the person and people around her – with the complete send up of method acting and Hollywood personalities – was different and HILARIOUS. Plus it actually had relevance to the Castle characters’ everyday issues, so it really blended. Bones did a cute version of the standard fare.

• Natalie says:

#9: My thoughts exactly: X-files did it best!
      So Castle comes on the second place for me. And as much as I Iove Bones, that episode was just no good.

27. tvdiva says:

1) sigh 8) This is apples vs. oranges. Castle books are literally fiction from the show. The Bones series is based on a series of books in print and then the show does its own fiction books based on the series characters.

• Chris says:

8) Totally agree with you. Rick (Castle) main purpose is to research in order to write his new book series which become popular then got pick up for a movie, so there is more build up for the movie. Bones is based on series of books which is based on the life of the author who in stead of a movie of the books is a tv series; the shows main focus is forensic working with FBI. Both shows have in common the are AWESOME.

28. cfolliot says:

The Abed shout out was what convinced me Cougar Town should be saved, and I’m glad TBS stepped up and did so.

• Angela says:

Gotta say, that’s pretty cool, indeed. I’ve never seen the show, but if they’ve got that kind of a good rapport going with “Community”, that certainly increases my interest in checking it out :).

29. Kevin says:

#9–
    X-files did.
    Castles “nikki heat” movie for a close second was good but Bones was over the line cheesy and painful to watch…much like most of the show has become.They just keep thinking its JUST about Booth and Bones…its the strength of the interactions with the supporting cast that really is the fun.

• jazoey says:

agreed to 100 percent about Bones. When I watched the episode last Tuesday there were moments when I asked myself why I’m still watching this – because some scenes where, like you put it so nicely, over the line cheesy and painful to watch. I used to really like the show and the Booth/Bones relationship, but I think they dragged it out too long and now there is just something missing. (and they try to compensate that with some cheesy lines – not working for me)

So for me the answer to this question is definitly Castle, I love the Nikki Heat Episode. Probably that decision is not solely based on how they chose to deal with the movie stuff, but on how I enjoyed the whole episode – and Bones just doesn’t stand a chance there for me.

• Lindsey says:

Soooooo agree. They waited to long to get booth and bones together. They broke them up and allowed no time to progress back the the stage they were at. It’s so ridiculous now the only reason I’m still watching it is because I refuse to accept that something I’ve invested so much time into has fallen so far.

30. 5. Dan’s hair certainly did surprise me too. Very distracting. I’m sure the editors growned when they saw the dailies.

6. Agree, Zoe was a little selfish, but she hasn’t really had a chance to grow much in the first season. Felt like mid-way they took an odd turn and in the course correction, Staff had a hard time getting her back on the Wade ship. Love them together and Wade’s “growing up” needs a little more time, so I’m still rooting they get a second season. A guilty pleasure show that has been really fun this season.

8. Loved the Castle promos. It just made it that much more excited to finally see the ep.

31. Tony says:

19 : Community these past couple weeks have felt like this is when NBC told them they were taken fromt he lineup and the writers decided to make a series ending arc…Not Complaining at all…oddly enough I feel almost more excited for each episode as there actually seems to be consequences in this freakish universe…Can I just say why the hell this Parks and Rec get no where near the ratings of Big Bang Theory (Not a bad show, just its sad that it seems like these two shows will eventually be cut short)…O well…almost to #sixseasonsandamovie !!!

• Tony says:

O forgot one more thing…did anyone else watch Suburgatory and Don’t trust the B. and notice both had X-files References on the same night…wierd

32. Callie says:

9: BONES. Definitely. That episode was hilarious, such a blast for the fans. Just so full of new little things you find out every time you watch it. And Emily Deschanel was so much fun.

• Lucy says:

9) I totally agree, this episode was for crazy fans to find all the hidden items and messages like the name of the dead body, during filming the Bones eps there was an incident with the cart when they ran over the body which was how the murder was committed, 477 signs and bunch more. Bones finally did not deny that it was Andy was based on Booth. Especially love it when Bones (Emily) be a little more fun; come on did Bren always had a dream she wanted to have a movie based on her books, her puppy face to get what she wanted from Booth was priceless.

33. DixieGirl says:

#1 – No, Peter’s smile when Olivia said “nursery” was undoubtably THE MOMENT of Season 4. I mean, who WOULDN’T want to see Josh Jackson smiling at you like that – in bed?

34. Aimee says:

8. The issue wasn’t with the promos, it was with the lack of follow through. It seemed more like a tease instead of an actual hook-up. Now, if that was just part of the “cliffhanger” and we pick up in the fall by following them where ever Beckett was leading Castle, then AMAZING! If not, possibly disappointing. It all hinges on the season premiere. Overall, a truly fabulous episode. Nathan and Stana are amazing, the entire cast is perfect, and the writing is superb.

• Fanana says:

Marlowe indicated on recent interviews that he want to follow up in their “night,” instead of brushing it off.

35. Maggie says:

16. It was fun, but definitely filler, I don’t feel like I learned anything!!! Last night’s episode of Scandal, however, THAT is how you do a flashback episode!!!

• I’ve had the thought that perhaps Revenge was harkening back to the days when shows used to do a summary show right before the finale because a lot of back plots and story lines were going to be brought up in the finale and either the watcher may not remember things from the beginning of the season or if they came in mid-season they may have missed earlier story lines. At least that is the vibe I got. However that doesn’t make it any less annoying. I’ve always hated those episodes.

36. Carmichael says:

~
    Probably, it’s my understanding the original Grimm tales were a lot darker than we were brought up with
    ~
    7 | Now that 2 Broke Girls has aired a full season, what’s your final verdict on Oleg — keep or cut?
    ~
    Keep but retool him a little, he’s headed in a good direction. Cut Sophie though. Never liked Jennifer Coolidge and I never will
    ~
    10 | Really, Smash‘s Julia? History is history, yes, but did anyone actually think that ending the otherwise vibrant and rousing Bombshell with a grim suicide scene would get y’all a standing O?
    ~
    Obviously needed to show that not everything goes perfect the first time around and there’s still stuff to fix.
    ~
    11 | How great was it that Abed got a shout-out in this week’s Cougar Town title card joke? And this week’s best sight gag: Grayson doing Michael Jackson moves in the hurricane wind, yes?
    Both were awesome. Treat it right TBS
    ~
    13 | Can we come up with a term for when a TV show’s opening credits happen to land a cast member’s name on that actor mid-scene? How about when a show sets an episode on the date it airs (e.g. this week’s NCIS: LA taking place on May 8)?
    ~
    Can’t comment on the first part but as for the second I would say “fairly common”
    ~
    14 | Didn’t the clearly visible freeway in the distance undercut some of the “We’re stuck in the middle of the desert!” drama on this week’s otherwise spot-on New Girl finale?
    ~
    Like they were really going to hitch and make it all that more obvious there’s a big truck of stuff in the middle of the desert just waiting to be stolen
    ~
    15 | For a school that hates the Glee club so much, McKinley High’s student body sure got excited and rowdy when they performed at prom, didn’t they? And can we get a collective “Awwwww” at how sweet and adorable Puck was this week?
    ~
    I’ve noted that before too, in the past they sure have seemed to be grooving to their tunes. And yeah Puck showing his decent side is always great
    Still not 100% sold on her
    ~
    19 | Was Community‘s fake asylum subplot freakishly believable? And how surprisingly sweet was it when the gang finally realized that Dean Pelton is an integral part of the group?
    ~
    It was a great take, I loved the sight of Abraham Benrubi as one of the orderlies .That was him right?
    ~
    20 | NBC obviously couldn’t say Knope to renewal, but didn’t that Parks and Recreation finale feel a lot like a series ender? And are we the only ones playing “Catch Your Dream” on a loop?
    ~
    While it could have worked as a finale there were still things left hanging. Things could be tied up.
    ~
    21 | Can they please release a deleted scene of Liz’s entire pop-up “rap-up” on 30 Rock? With lyrics like, “I reject Chris Brown’s comeback,” it’s bound to be a both entertaining and informative — not to mention honest.
    Stuff like that is 30 Rock at its best

37. Billy says:

#7 you have to keep Oleg! The show wouldnt be the same without him!

38. lilys87 says:

8. So so so so much, I was really pissed at ABC, as if we wouldn’t have watched otherwise…

39. Ana says:

#7 Get rid of Oleg. He is so creepy makes me want to stop watching. I just keep waiting for him to be written off. Although its sweet that he’s trying to woo Sophie.
    #8 I didn’t think that the promo gave much away. Just enough to let us know something was going to happen. But since it could always be written as a dream sequence I was surprised when if actually happened. Happily so!
    #13 Agreed! I have noticed this several times and it always makes me chuckle.
    I don’t watch 30 Rock mostly because I can’t stand Alec Baldwin, but if Tina Fey wants to rap about what a loser Chris Brown is, I will fully support it.

40. wordsmith says:

10 – I dispute the fact that a grim suicide ending couldn’t get a standing ovation. There are plenty of great shows where the main character bites it at the end. Give theater-going audiences more credit!

41. E says:

Castle and Fringe all the way. I did not watch the Castle promo, to avoid being spoiled, good call I think :)

42. jthomann says:

Re: The Killing & Darren Richmond’s injury, the shooting, surgery, rehab, etc. would’ve taken at the very least months. As the brother of a fairly high level quadriplegic, the way the show compressed months or years of recovery into, what, a couple weeks at most, is completely ridiculous. Do any of the showrunners have a clue as to how to pace a show without straining even the smallest amount of credulity?

43. Jj says:

Castle- still very satisfied even with spoilers…I still felt surprised watching it. It didn’t ruin anything for me. I wanted to watch it even more after seeing spoiler! It was a perfect scene!!!!

44. madbengalsfan85 says:

#8 Really ABC…you practically gave away every major plot point IN THE PROMO (The fight, the resignation, the kiss). Where is the suspense?
    #9 Bones…died laughing when I figured out who the victim was…and you can’t go wrong with 447. Brennan was just adorable. Of course, everything gets thrown into the blender with the finale but I enjoyed the episode immensely

45. Icepop says:

1) yes
    8) made me want to watch the episode even more.
    9) it’s a toss up, since the bones movie looked really bad. but that’s what made it so fun. and i love castle.
    19) yes and yes. this is why we love community.

46. jon says:

Nope, never warmed up to Nellie in The Office.
    Oleg – cut.

47. Wednesday Addams says:

8. This is why I stuck by my decision not to watch any sneak peeks. Terri Miller, writer/producer on Castle, lamented this just as much, although she understood the conflict between art and commerce.

9. Castle, absolutely, definitely.

48. IcicleFreezePop says:

I mind Oleg a LOT less than Jennifer Coolidge’s AWFUL Sophie. The accent alone is horrible enough to make me either mute it, change the channel, or hit skip 30 sec. Shes is terrible. Oleg is barely on screen. Sophie has managed to worm her way into 40-50% of all shots.

No, Nellie is terrible. I thought the efforts to make her relatable were misguided. I think she works better as a character for everyone to hate, including the viewers.

49. Nan says:

#1 Peter’s smile just made my day
    #8 I just want to remind you that ABC did not air promo with the kiss (unless I missed something) The Canadian CTV did, and just because everybody have youtube now, we can watch every piece of info we crazy fans can get
    #9 Castle hands down, don’t get me wrong Bones Movie episode was cheese and great but forgettable, it is funny only once but Castle’s Nikki Heat episode I can watch over and over again

50. lame says:

ABC has to let AWM do the promo’s how many times have they given the end away.