American Idol: What (Unexpected) Songs Should the Top 3 Cover for Hometown Visits Week?

We’ve reached that point in the American Idol season guaranteed to bring the average Idoloonie to tears. Yep, it’s Top 3 Week — AKA “Hometown Visits” — and there’ll be parades, adorable parents, throngs of adoring fans, and uncontrollable sobbing from Jessica Sanchez, Joshua Ledet, and Phillip Phillips.

Still, with each finalist performing three songs — “Judges’ Choice”; “Jimmy’s Choice”; and “Their Choice” — there’s also the possibility that we’ll be crying over unfortunate song selection.

VIDEO | Idology: Elise Testone on ‘Vienna,’ ‘Whole Lotta Love’ and the Moment J.Lo ‘Crossed the Line’

In my mind, it’s the time of the season for pushing boundaries (but not “No Boundaries”) and taking risks, so without a narrow theme confining me, I’ve brainstormed four songs per contestant that might force viewers to look at them in a new light, and also give these cats the chance for an Idol Moment.

RELATED | American Idol Top 4 Results Recap: Always Gonna Be an Uphill Battle

What should Jessica, Joshua, and Phillip sing? Check out my suggestions below, then hit the comments with the fruits of your own brainstorming sessions!

Comments (187)

• I love your recaps and Idology, Slezak, but your song-picking is not so great. :)

Comment by brandy – May 11, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry, but I have to agree. While I’m a real fan of Slezak’s Idol recaps and commentaries, I’m not a fan of these song choices. I’d only heard of “Toxic” and “Hey Ya” so I decided to take a listen to the songs I didn’t know. (I couldn’t even get through most of the Jessica Simpson one.) I tried to come up with some song choices myself, but the trouble with picking songs for the top three is that they all had Big Moments in the last episode that will be really hard to top.

Comment by KathyF – May 11, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Here is what Idol needs to do this week, I hope they are listening.

Philips can’t use a guitar or piano or any instrument but has to sing only and show us he is worthy of winning due to his voice. No instrument crutches like he has usedmany times to get this far, no other band members backing him up on stage, just Philip showing us he can sing.

Josh has to sing modern songs only, nothing before 2000. He has shown he is an old school singer, we get that so far. But now we have to see what Josh has in him to do for a modern album. Jimmy better wake up and show us what he has too.

Jennifer has been excellent in both of those categories, showing us she is modern and doesn’t need instruments to carry her. I would like for her to do a cappella songs and blow us away like she has already done many times before.

I am hoping for great performances this week so everybody is happy with all three, but let’s at least see what all three have in them as far as making a possible album is concerned. That is what this week should be about, a mini preview of possible modern albums and who deserves to get one.

Comment by TinyTim – May 12, 2012 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • if you want Idol to do you any favors, at least get the contestants first names right. Its Jessica!

Comment by p123 – May 14, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Using a guitar isn’t a crutch, just his style and he is amazing…keep singing with your guitar, I would love to see you at a club singing your heart out with guitar in hand. Joshua not my pick, but do agree, do something else, I have heard your voice and style of singing on Idol before…Jessica is unbelievable! Such a fluid beautiful voice! My pick, Phil should win, he is all around best singer/performer….but maybe Jessica?

Comment by Brt – May 17, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree !! Sleazak, all the songs u selected are SUCKS !!

Comment by taftcod – May 12, 2012 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At least they seem to be getting to do longer versions of songs, for the final songs of top 4 they got near 3 minutes, Haley had 1’40″ for I Who Had Nothing at the same stage. Maybe Nigel took notice of her idoloonies interview point of the problems of having build a performance for a song in 90 seconds. That additional time makes a mockery of comparing performances for this season against previous seasons. Would Joshua and Jessia have had such rave reviews if they had had to truncate their songs to 100 seconds.

Comment by ejones – May 12, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I suggest Jessica sings “Loving You” the one popularized by Minnie Ripperton and “Better Days”

Comment by randy – May 13, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jessica: Listen(Beyonce)

Comment by jam – May 14, 2012 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you want a heartless moment for phillip then it has to be not afraid by eminem would be genius

Comment by johnn – May 11, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love that song. That would rock.

Comment by IdolFlash-7-9-35 – May 12, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Pillip shoud do The Lazy Song. Upbeat and fun, and I would love to see what he does to it.

Comment by Peggy – May 13, 2012 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • One of the best suggestions I’ve seen.

Comment by deedee – May 13, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Phillip is really awesome, I have enjoyed most all of his performances and he truely outshines the other two in uniqueness and individuality, I have noticed this throughout the season. I was looking forward to a Colton/Skylar/Phillip top 3 ………. however that was scorched sadly. I’ll be expecting a great deal this coming show – with preferably no oversinging or screeching and no copying!

Comment by Maverick – May 13, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • too bad he is a mediocre singer

Comment by Ladyguard – May 15, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The top 3 look so awkward, especially Joshua

Comment by yep – May 11, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know how they could look anything but awkward in these execution style photos (stand them up against a wall and shoot ‘em.).

Comment by zaza – May 11, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Toxic aside, these are mostly obscure tunes from the forgotten corner of Slezak’s iPod.

Comment by Landon Cox (@bluinjewin) – May 11, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joshua singing Stay With Me Baby would be awesome.

Comment by Abby – May 11, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They will cover a list of 9 songs from uncle Nigel.

Comment by Marko – May 11, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see Jessica do How Come You Don’t Call Me.

Comment by Tim – May 11, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would like to see Jessica do How Come You Don’t Call Me Anymore too. Either that or the Nina Simone version of Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood. (In other words an acoustic and slowed down version of the Animals song.) I also wouldn’t mind her singing The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face a cappella.

I can see Phillip doing the Animals version of Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood. Either that or a Leonard Cohen song but not Hallelujah.

Comment by Lee – May 12, 2012 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Leonard Cohen’s Chelsea Hotel might be nice for Phillip.

Comment by KP – May 12, 2012 03:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Hallelujah for Phillip. I think he eould kill itbut my concern is that it has been done so much it may be a turn off.

Comment by Mary B – May 12, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I could go a season without hearing that song. Totally disagree.

Comment by Leah – May 12, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yea… He would kill it in the wrong way. He has no range or power for that song.

Comment by Pbt – May 13, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you trying to get Jessica eliminated with your songs suggestion for her? “The first time I ever saw your face”is good song for Jessica but not capella.

Comment by flshstar – May 13, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phillip on “All I want is you” would be beautiful. I’d like to see him try Kid Cudi – Erase Me.

Comment by Nichole – May 11, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica Simpson ? lol oh Michael . . . your choices are certainly . . . interesting !

Comment by angelstorm – May 11, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the idea of a Mariah for Joshua. It’s a gender switch, obviously and it will allow him to blow his range out, too. We Belong Together is interesting. But I also like “I Still Believe.” Really moving song and would allow him to go off and riff, which he’s so good at.

Comment by MamaLis – May 11, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Slezak, “Hey Ya” is such a brilliant idea. Can you tell PP? i tried to tell him on twitter but with all of the millions of tiny girls tweeting him, i’m sure he missed it. whoopsy!

Comment by ashley – May 11, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • P2 would do really great on Obediah Parker’s version of “Hey Ya.”

Comment by GDV – May 11, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow… I’d forgotten that Jessica Simpson was once a singer. But despite the fact that it’s her singing, the song sounds like a good choice for Jessica (Pearls too)

Comment by Louie – May 11, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i actually think I Wanna Love You Forever is a great song choice for jessica. it’s a really difficult song to sing and with the right arrangement, it could be a moment.

Comment by john t. – May 11, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For Joshua:

1) “Sign Your Name” – Terrence Trent D’Arby
    2) “Beautiful” – Christina Aguilera
    3) “Sara Smile” – Hall and Oats (Brian McKnight version)
    4) “Let’s Stay Together” – Al Green

Comment by deedee – May 11, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But Elise already did Let’s Stay Together—although I would love to hear Joshua try that one, he’s already done a song Elise did. Beautiful—-that could be something!

Comment by Marsaili – May 12, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Joshua could kick butt singing Gnarles Barkley “Crazy”. It’s a cool and current song and would shut all his critics up that say he doesn’t do anything current

Comment by Marie – May 12, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael I think Power of the Dream by Celine Dion will be a nice song for Jessica :) that’s a nice song for her

Comment by she – May 11, 2012 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phillip – I like Mr. Slezak’s choice of Fountains of Wayne’s “Stacey’s Mom”. or Faith Hill’s “The Lucky One”.
    Joshua – Otis Redding’s “Love Man”. yea!
    Jessica – Martina McBride’s “Whatever You Say”.

Comment by darcy's evil twin – May 11, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They want to sabotage Phili so my prediction for Judges choice will be You Ought To Know by Alanis Morisette! it worked last year!!!

Comment by JASon – May 11, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree they want a Jessica, Joshua finale so the are going to sock it tp P2. Just like they did to Haley last year. I hoping Jimmy doesn’t sabotage him but the judges are just not to be trusted. Funny how they seem to have themes for the finale. Last year it was country and this year it is leaning towards R&B if they have their way. I am just thrilled Phillip got to 3rd place and to me he has already won.

Comment by Mary B – May 12, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A Jessica/Joshua finale will completely wreck the whole concept of the show – neither of them are unique nor yet great singers imo – I can listen to Mariah & Whitney and get the real thing, not over sung or impersonal imitations.

Comment by Maverick – May 13, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yeis it could be jessica and joshua for finale

Comment by mike santiago – May 13, 2012 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • thats the perfect finale and they are not over singers they just have great talent who bring it 110% every night

Comment by jam – May 14, 2012 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In an interview, Jessica said that her ‘dream’ song to perform in AI is “How Come You Don’t Call Me Anymore” which I guess she heard first the version of Alicia Keys. However, I still prefer “Purple Rain” as her song choice and she could have another ‘moment’ with that song. I am just worried if the song can be condensed enough to the required time length in their performances as well as I am not sure if she can sing a Prince song since there are clearing issues in AI.

Comment by Sandy – May 11, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is so weird that I posted that suggestion earlier without even knowing that HCYDCM was her dream song. I had just watched Eva Avila’s version from Canadian Idol and thought it would be a great way for Jessica to show off her range and power.

Comment by Tim – May 11, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about PP covering Jack Johnson? or Andy Grammer?

Comment by samy – May 11, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • P2: The Cure’s (aka Adele’s) LOVESONG. Maybe Joshua could do some Ray Charles like YOU DONT KNOW ME or CRYING TIME (too obvious?). Have no idea what to give Jessica except something gospel-y like BLESSED ASSURANCE or HIGHER GROUND. Dont know why.

Comment by Frank O'File – May 11, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 311′s cover of The Cure’s “Love Song” could be an Idol Moment for P2. One of my all-time favorites. He would kill it!

Comment by phil for the win – May 12, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going old school here.
    Joshua – Find 100 Ways by James Ingram
    Get Up Offa That Thing by James Brown
    Chances Are by Johnny Mathis
    Phil – I Put A Spell On You by CCR
    Back Home Again by John Denver
    Who Says You Can’t Go Home by Bon Jovi

Comment by Templar – May 11, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the idea of I Put a Spell On You – but it’s a Screamin’ Jay Hawkins (hardcore blues) song, best known sung by Nina Simone (total genius). I like the CCR version, but I think Phil would do even better with the original. Great pick!

Comment by tarc – May 11, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess Jessica is just going to watch?

Comment by Glynn – May 15, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For Joshua: How about “Something’s Got A Hold On Me” by Etta James.

Very hot, and everybody would recognize the beginning from that Flo Rida song, “Good Feelin’”.

Comment by deedee – May 11, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this would be perfect, an old classic which was later sampled into a well-known rap song, Joshua could put his twist on the classic and it could be awesome. I wouldn’t say everybody would recognize it though, I mean Shannon magrane brought up the rap version in her idology and Slezak didn’t have a clue about Flo rida (who nearly ruined “Something’s got a hold on me” for me) lol

Comment by Sha – May 11, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also goin’ old school:
    Joshua — “What’d I Say” by Ray Charles
    P2 — “Walking on the Sun” by Smash Mouth
    Jessica — “Boogie Shoes” by KC and the Sunshine Band

Comment by kf – May 11, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For Phil: “What Goes Around” by Justin Timberlake.

Comment by deedee – May 11, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • omg this is brilliant!!!

Comment by ashley – May 11, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is a cool idea. But isn’t it out of his range… or how would he tackle that and the parts?

Comment by MamaLis – May 11, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, I think this could be brilliant! “Cry Me a River” could be amazing as well.

Comment by phil for the win – May 12, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOVE THIS IDEA!

Comment by D – May 16, 2012 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i would love for phillip to sing philadelphia by bruce springsteen (or anything by bruce springsteen). anything written by george harrison would be awesome.

IMHO jessica can’t sing anything with a faster beat well. but i’d like her to keep trying. i’d like to hear her do something by the go go’s.

i think joshua can do anything but i’d like to hear him do something written by bill withers. grandma’s hands would be an idol moment for sure.

Comment by lalunafour – May 11, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What is Life by George Harrison for Phillip—-OH WOW!

Comment by Marsaili – May 12, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • next week will not be about who is going to make it to the finale..it will be about whos going to join phillip in the finale..because i think phillip is going to win.. he has never been in the bottom two.. and he has a pretty big fan base.. so why bother -_-

Comment by fiona – May 11, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Works for me. I have 2 favorites, Hollie and whoever beats Jessica.

Comment by Templar – May 11, 2012 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m fine with Phil winning, although I truly think Jessica would benefit most from a win out of the remaining three. All I wanted was for Joshua to get the hometown visit, and I he got it! So, I’m good now.

Comment by deedee – May 11, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

****

Jessica has a phenomenal voice, and, at this point, what she seems to want to sing seems in sync with what the Interscope wants/needs, thus a win-win situation. I wonder what will happen when her emotional/intellectual maturity grows up to match that voice.

Comment by My Alter Ego – May 13, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica will be doing a Beyonce song. Jimmy give her something she can sink her teeth into I hope they don’t mess her up there is an article in mtv.com about female ai winners never been dropped by their label while male winners are being dropped except for Scotty and Kris :)

Comment by JC – May 11, 2012 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kris hasn’t been dropped YET. He is on his 2nd album. David Cook had a 2 album deal with them and they parted ways after the 2nd album. Scotty hasn’t even started his 2nd album yet. Lee was dropped after 1, but it was something Lee wanted due to not having any creative control. The jury is still out on Kris and Scotty.

Comment by Peggy – May 13, 2012 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmm Hey Ya is interesting.. Lindsay Pavao from the voice has done an acoustic version that is on youtube.. she slowed it down and made it like a different song, good different. but Stacey’s mom? you’re kidding right, every time I think of that song i picture the awful music video for it lol.

Comment by Sha – May 11, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, what about “She’s Dope” by Down With Webster – for Phil? That could be totally cool.

Comment by MamaLis – May 11, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica Sanchez halo or if I were a b oy by Beyonce?

Comment by triple – May 11, 2012 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes..I agree,,,Beyonce songs will be nice for Jessica!

Comment by dave – May 13, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica – Songbird (Fleetwood Mac), Unpretty (TLC)
    Joshua- When I Get You Alone (Robin Thicke), If I Can Dream (Elvis Presley)
    Phillip- Shattered (Turn the Car Around) (O.A.R.), Scar Tissue (Red Hot Chili Peppers), When the Stars Go Blue (Ryan Adams)

Comment by Lo – May 11, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess you want Jessica to lose because all those choices wouldn’t work for her.

Comment by Davey – May 11, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The thing is…what would work for her? She’s got a big voice, suggesting diva ballads, but she’s sixteen…suggesting something peppy and innocent….they don’t mix.

Comment by Frank O'File – May 11, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Landslide (see blelow0
        I’m not sure she could sing it in the key linked though.. kinda low ?

Comment by Tom22 – May 11, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Could she do “The Only Girl in the World” by Rihanna? (I’m trying,)

Comment by Frank O'File – May 11, 2012 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • how about some old school Xtina for Jessica? maybe come on over or something. that way she gets the big voice songs, and they were originally sung by a 16 year old. win win.

Comment by noa – May 12, 2012 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought she could sing anything?

Comment by lalunafour – May 12, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • All three should sing the Star Spangled Banner acapella to earn the title: *American* Idol. :)

Comment by Suggestor – May 12, 2012 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Phillip Phillips should sing “Sea of Love” by the original Phil Phillips. That would blow my mind.

Comment by Joe Strummer – May 11, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • who told you that you’re not even a musician..you’re not credible to say that

Comment by Sheena – May 11, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • record producers wanted jessica…

Comment by Sheena – May 11, 2012 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jessica is phenomenal! I LOVE HER!!!! I really want her to win! The last woman standing. yeah!

Comment by Lalaland – May 11, 2012 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They bash Jessica because she has a God-given amazing voice. I’ll vote harder for her!

Comment by Marife – May 12, 2012 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Sheena, and what worries me is they want Jessica to be voted off to the degree of campaigning to others not to vote for Jessica but for her male rivals. I’ll campaign and vote harder for Jessica!

Comment by Marife – May 12, 2012 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry, she’s unbeatable

Comment by Sheena – May 11, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hardly. If Haley wasn’t unbeatable, neither is Jessica. Record producers want Phillip, too.

Comment by Marsaili – May 12, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look forward to your recaps every week and love Idology-even if I don’t agree with everything you say :-).

Need some opinions on this on. Do you think a song that incorporated good vocals but also some rap would be too risky at this point? Jessica can pull off something like Love the Way You Lie, but doing both the Rih and Eminem parts or Empire State of Mind.doing Alicia and JZ parts. She has youtubes of both songs that are quite good. Most of the songs she sings are of this genre and the old and big songs she does for contests, I wish she should of experimented with this earlier in the season to test the waters and be safe over the fodder.

Comment by Freeman – May 11, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is for pushing boundaries :-)

Phillip- All By Myself- Celine Dion
    Josh- Hallowed Be Thy Name- Iron Maiden
    Jessica- Two Step- Dave Matthews Band

Comment by Freeman – May 11, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My suggestions for JESSICA:

- Through The Rain (Mariah Carey)
    - Saving all my love for you (Whitney Houston)
    - Purple Rain (Prince)
    - Listen (Beyonce)
    - I am changing (Jennifer Hudson)

Jessica for the win!

Comment by Lalaland – May 11, 2012 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really like Purple Rain for Jessica.

Comment by Mary B – May 12, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Jessica to sing “Bust your windows” by Jazmine Sullivan… But any song is ok for me.. Jessica is the best no matter what… We love you Jessica…

Comment by Blanche – May 11, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMERICAN IDOL is like THE HUNGER GAMES…

I hope Jessica will be the Katniss Everdeen of Idol….

or AMERICAN IDOL is like THE X-FACTOR USA

JESSICA- Melanie Amaro
    Joshua Ledet- Josh Krajcik
    Philip Philips- Chris Rene

My dream is to see Jessica winning..
    I’m your no. 1 fan Jessica… all the way here in Australia…

Comment by aussie sherry – May 11, 2012 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jessica could be Melanie but no way can Joshua be Josh Krajcik or Phillip be Chris Rene? Really.S

Comment by Mary B – May 12, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CONGRADULATION PHILIPS YOU IN THE TOP3 YOU A THE WINER YOU A VERY UNIQUE

Comment by MARVEN – May 12, 2012 03:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very Unique, hahaha… yeah, you want a link to other singers on youtube who are almost like him?

No one is original. No one is unique. Just reinventions and combinations.
      Lets talk about delivery & performance.

These kids are totally talented for sure. But not really unique. Just that!

Comment by ecc – May 12, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELLO PHILIPS YOU A THE VOICE OF AMERICA IDOL 2012 MAY VOTE GO TO PHILIPS

Comment by ALY – May 12, 2012 03:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Philip, The Voice of American Idol? Performance, songs, yeah, sure, but not the voice.
      There are tons outside the bars/cafes along the strip like his voice. Admit it.

Comment by Yuan – May 12, 2012 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love that, and you are so right!

Comment by jaxguy – May 12, 2012 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, and there are thousands of little girls singing like their Diva Idols just like Jessica. Stop with the freakin insults—now you’ve stooped into Jax territory and that makes you nothing better than a troll.

Comment by Marsaili – May 12, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just like others said, no one is unique or original nowadays.

Its just the mixed of elements from here and there, if its the right DNA, then its special.

These kids are talented. No doubt about it.

I prefer Joshua and Jessica. PP doesnt really care, but he will be huge also.

Comment by Yuan – May 12, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ya, I hear this a lot so I’m gonna step in. Sure there are a lot of talented people in “bars and cafes along the strip.” I even know some. But those people didn’t take the step to travel to wherever and stand in line for – forever – to try out for Idol. Those people didn’t then pack up their life to travel to CA and duke it out in Vegas and Hollywood and finally, the Idol stage. And those people aren’t currently under the pressure cooker and microscope of Big Stage Idol – Top 3. A place where if some part of their look or personality or voice were not universally appealing – (and dissected from here to Saigon everyday) – they would be OUT. These kids get credit for putting “dreams” into action. Which besides talent – is what separates them from those still on ‘the strip.’

Comment by MamaLis – May 12, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • easy… My point was about THE VOICE! if you prefer a single dynamic, one octave, one tone, one-themed voice and musicality as THE VOICE of AMERICA, then I am not with you.

J or J, THE VOICE of AMERICAN IDOL fits the title.

Comment by Yuan – May 12, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why would anyone with a working brain and ears?

Comment by tarc – May 12, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WE LOVE YOU JESSICA SANCHEZ!!!
    WE WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT AND VOTE FOR YOU!
    JESSICA FOR THE WIN!

Comment by Tang – May 12, 2012 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One Part Love by Jeffrey Foucault for Phillip or Empty by Ray LaMontagne
    Up To The Mountain for Jessica
    I Put a Spell on You by Joss Stone and Jeff Beck for Joshua

Comment by KP – May 12, 2012 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One moment in time by whitney!!!! For the win jessica!!!!

Comment by Jake123 – May 13, 2012 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how great would a duet of Jessica with Maria Carey singing when you believe be in the finale show

Comment by Sima Cohen – May 12, 2012 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you.. I hope Jessica makes it to the finale and i hope she will have a duet with Mariah Carey “When You Believe”… Just keep on voting for Jessica. She deserves to win! She should be the next female american idol after Jordin… TEAM Blujays. Team JESSICA!

Comment by Zsetyy – May 12, 2012 04:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “I am changing” and “CLIMB every mountain” would be great on jessica., but actually whatever she chose to sing i know she will murder it.. GO TEAM JESSICA!

Comment by Joseph – May 12, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At Phillip’s homecoming concert in Leesburg today, will update everyone on his judges’ song choice as soon as I find out.

Comment by givemeglenn – May 12, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please do! How was the concert?

Comment by MamaLis – May 12, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘A deeper love’ for Joshua is the absolute call of the century – bang on, Michael! He would blow it out of the water!

Comment by kapooley – May 12, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post