ABC Renews Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Grey's, Castle and Three Wednesday Comedies

Thursday evening was ABC’s turn to make some noise, as the network officially renewed seven scripted shows for the 2012-13 TV season, including the freshman dramas Once Upon a Time and Revenge.

RELATED | ABC Renews Dancing With the Stars, Shark Tank and Bachelor

The first-year comedy Suburgatory also has been picked up, while Grey’s Anatomy, Castle, The Middle and Modern Family are also officially set to return.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy‘s Pompeo, Dempsey and Other Original Cast Members Sign New Deals

There is no official word yet on the freshman sitcom Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, the sophomore comedy Happy Endings, or Private Practice, though all three are expected to be back.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Bosses Tease a ‘Severely Intense’ Season Finale

Once co-creator Adam Horowitz broke his show’s good news via Twitter on Thursday evening, saying, “It’s official — #OnceUponaTime has been picked up for Season 2. Thank you all so much for watching, we’re beyond thrilled to continue on!” Once premiered the week before Halloween to 12.8 million total viewers while scoring a 3.9 demo rating, making it the TV season’s top-rated freshman drama — a crown it has worn ever since. (The Season 1 finale airs this Sunday at 8/7c.)

1. Tracy says:

What about “Body of Proof”? I’d love to see it get another season! Especially considering the cliffhanger they left us with!

2. Zach says:

HURRAYY for Castle!

3. Celia says:

The Middle and Modern Family goes to 4th season
    yay great show.

4. M.J says:

What about Scandal? Hope it gets renewed!

5. missy says:

Castle………..Castle………….. Season5………HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!

6. Katie says:

Congrats to ABC for winning one category and the overall prize yesterday at the prestigious International Rose D’Or Awards. The 2011 Best Drama award and the Best of 2011 (in all categories) were taken by … Pan Am!
    D’ya think, looking at this and the 2009 results (1), that Ringier (the company that currently runs the Rose D’Or Festival) are trying to say something to ABC? (N.America had no winners in any category for 2010, which is not unusual).
    (1) Best Reality & Best of 2009 went to a cancelled ABC show – I Survived a Japanese Game Show.

• Katie says:

Correction – “Best of” went to the Australian Documentary mini-series, “Go Back to Where You Came From” (also Factual Entertainment Award), not to “Pan Am”, which just took Best Series.

7. freddy says:

yay, revenge, touch, greys, castle, parenthood all the shows i like got renewed, than you so much tv producers

8. Jacques says:

And what about that Bitch in Apartment 23? LOVE IT!

9. Maria says:

Yay CASTLE!!! I just started watching this season, and it has quickly replaced NCIS as my favorite show. Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic have amazing chemistry, and the supporting cast is top-notch. Guess I’d better go get some DVD’s of seasons 1-3 and catch up on what I’ve missed!!

10. Sarah says:

Oh yeah!! More Lana and Jen (Swan Queen) sexy time!! Good times

11. AWESOME news for Once, who TOTALLY deserves the best new TV series award!! I knew after episode 1 that this show would be amazing, and it helps that the special effects have gotten SO much better! WORTH it!!!
    SOOO happy for Castle also! I’m so curious to see where Caskett will go!
    :D

12. Ariel says:

So happy about Grey’s and Revenge.

13. Nero theTVFiddler says:

ABC will be making their announcement later today? [Friday] regarding new series pick-ups. I assume Happy Endings and Apt 23 will be renewed, but ABC may have waited a bit longer on those announcements just to square up how many comedy pilots are getting the green light. I read that Body of Proof may make it to next fall [good news for Dana fans], and that Scandal may also make the cut. All good news, but those pick-ups (if they happen) may spell bad news for GCB. I think GCB may be on the edge here – could go either way. It will depend upon the drama pilot pick ups – Devious Maids, Americana and 666…if two or more make it, I think GCB will be in trouble. Nashville is a go for the fall – good concept, strong cast.

14. Mikael says:

Happy Endings BETTER get renewed! Fringe got a reprieve, Cougar Town is going to TBS, all that’s left of my ‘bubble shows’ are Happy Endings, Nikita, and Secret Circle! Hopefully ABC isn’t stupid enough to cancel HE.

15. Nan says:

CASTLE is ON!!!! Love ABC now. So Mr. Marlowe what we can expect in September (hope they will start season 5 with the morning after)

16. loretta says:

Castle!!!!!! That’ the good stuff.

17. Body of Proof needs to be renewed.

18. Robin says:

Good job ABC. Yay for Once and Revenge! And Greys too of course! :)

19. Michele says:

I am over the moon that Castle has been renewed! I also like the rest except that Body of Proof was cancelled! I liked this show a lot and I like Dana Delany too, so I am sad about this. I hope GCB gets renewed..cute show!

20. Krithika says:

Hurray Castle!!!! I knew it would be renewed but i was just waiting for the official confirmation. Now my biggest fear is whether it’ll remain in the same time slot. There are reports it’s gonna be on Thursday at 8. God i hope not!!!!

21. EncCo says:

Jennifer Morrison are the best female actor of this tv serie.

22. jammin_j_94553@yahoo.com says:

I am soooo excited that Once Upon A Time is coming back! It is the best show ever, my husband and I wait for it every week and watch it together! Such an amazing show, and cannot wait for the second season. Hopefully it will air many more seasons!!

23. Nikitas says:

oooo i will be waiting!! once upon a time last episode was simply epic!!!Me and a lot of people i know will be waiting for season 2 !!! Plsss as soon as posible :D … i will also wait for revenge and modern family!!!!

24. Justin says:

Gcb should be renewed

25. Celtic Lady says:

Yea! Castle!!!!!!!!! But I also like Body of Proof and GCB! Please bring them back too!

26. Thanoo says: