Breaking: NBC Renews Parenthood For Season 4

Parenthood RenewedThe Bravermans are officially off the bubble: NBC has renewed Parenthood for a 15-episode fourth season.

Although the family drama was listed as a “safe bet” on TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard, the recent cone of silence from NBC about the show’s future — combined with the leak of an unofficial (and likely fake) schedule that had P’hood MIA — triggered a wave of cancellation anxiety across the Twitterverse over the past 48 hours.

RELATED | Fall TV: NBC Picks Up Jekyll & Hyde-Like Medical Drama and Revengeful Sudser

Parenthood is the second veteran Peacock drama (joining Law & Order: SVU) to get renewed by NBC ahead of next week’s official schedule announcement. NBC also has picked up second seasons of the freshman dramas Grimm and Smash.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

1. Linderella says:

Great news! Now if NBC would renew Awake NBC would be my new favorite network!

2. Nichole says:

Yay! They need to order an additional 7 eps!

3. mia says:

Fantastic news!!! This show is so far outside the normal stuff I watch, but its just SO good that I’m addicted.
    Hope Ritter stays on the show in some capacity!!

4. Robin says:

Did I already comment on this? I’m just so happy I may comment twice! I’m so SO glad that this show is getting another season…I was beginning to get very worried, since its finale was so early for a finale and then I have heard absolutely nothing since then. I do hope it gets more episodes than just 15…but right now I’m just super pumped it is getting another season! It is one of my favorites! Also one of the best shows on tv!

5. Line says:

6. Deb says:

YES YES YES Thank you NBC my girls are in Texas, I’m in Ga so we watch and then talk about it. Really stinks you cut it short this season though! Also, thanks for Smash too…I’m hooked

7. Janie says:

Thank you NBC! I can’t wait for the new season,

8. hmsabc says:

very cool! love this show!

9. janmariewphillips@gmail.com says:

I am soooooo relieved!!!!! This show is so awesome. I can relate to it all families can relate. It is about everyday life trial, challenges and what makes it all worth while. Thank God NBC was smart about this one.

10. Lloyd says:

OMG!!!!!!! I AM SOOO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER IT SEEMS! I TOTALLY JUST SCREAMED AT WORK!!!!

11. Tiffany Hubbard says:

YEESSSS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRINGING PARENTHOOD BACK!! Its one show that is more like real life families!! I have watch every episode!! I can’t thank you enough!!!!! :-) ;-)

12. Ashley Rankin says:

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW I HAVE BEEN SO WORRIED YOU GUYS WOULDN’T RENEW IT. I am an ADDICT! I can’t wait to see what all of my amazing characters are gonna do this upcoming season. COUNTING DOWN!

13. Kim says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you….

14. sherpeace says:

Thank you NBC!! I LOVE this show! ;-) <3

15. YES!!! This is one of the best shows ever. Can anyone tell me when season four will begin???

16. fanessa martinez says:

SOOOOOOOOO Happy to hear this! Best news ever!!!!!! :)

17. Eileen says:

Awesome news :)

18. hank says:

i hope it gets renewed again next year

19. zagyzebra says:

When I watch this show, I feel like it mirrors my own life. I think just about everybody relates to it this way. It’s fantastically acted and scripted and we’re all attached to what will happen to the characters next. Thank you NBC. And on a lighter note, I got hooked on Smash this season and could see the development really maturing by the final episode, so thanks for renewing that, as well. A couple of good shows to look forward to next season.

20. LB says:

Thank you NBC!

21. Mark Daume says:

Parenthood is at the top of my faves list. And it gets renewed for just 13 episodes. Lets get this straight. American Idol continues to get full season approval. O.K. That means that the networks are, at least, partly to blame for so many of the youth of today thinking that they have all the answers. My dad said he feels sorry for the generation that will depend on these idiots to run the country. Strangely, so do I.

22. Art says:

Lauren graham is boring and so is this show

23. Rabea Damaree says:

Wonderful news. I am so happy that Parenthood will be back. I love the show. Rabea

24. susan e smith says:

So glad to hear that Parenthood was renewed for a fourth season. It is one best family dramas on television. Real life! My teenager and I look forward to watching every Tuesday. This program and its actors and writers and directors do not get the accolades they deserve.

25. we are all the way from malaysia/singapore. thank you so much this is such a blessing to get them back they have improved so many lives here in the regions. thank thank you thank you

26. MegsFitness says:

love love love this show :)

27. Lydia Lopez says:

I looked for the renewal notice and am thrilled that Parenthood will be one of fall’s offerings. Thanks NBC for a providing a quality program. With this confirmation, I can finish up the summer viewing and know that I have Parenthood to look forward to.

• Mary Gibbs says:

I love this show and am so pleased it is coming back for another season. Love the story lines and the fantastic cast! I will definitely be watching this season! The Braverman’s are like extended family!

28. Rita says:

I absolutely love this show and I’m so happy they’re
    bringing back a fourth season! I can’t wait for the premiere.
    Thanks NBC for deciding to make a fourth season. I’m so happy!

29. Amy says:

Awesome news!! This show is the BEST SHOW EVER. Makes me AND my husband cry every episode. Thank you, NBC!

30. Susan says:

“Love this show.

ITS THE MOST TRUE TO LIFE SHOW

31. Joyce Roberts says:

I’m excited about the new series. My Identical great granddaughters are playing baby Nora this year.
    I have a question maybe someone can answer. Why does baby Nora on season 3 always wear a hat of some kind?

32. Jennifer Cutrell says:

Thank you fellow parenthood fans for saving one of the few shows on t.v with substance as well as comic relief!!! And thanks NBC for keeping me from boycotting your network! Lol. This show is hands down one of the best, relatable shows ever created!

33. Mark Garmaise says:

I love Parenthood and I’m so glad it will be continuing . It’s a show with heart and also has considerable insight into the human dynamic . We need to spread the word about it to others so that it’s future popularity will make it difficult for the network to cancel this show .
    As a sidenote , I’m extremely upset about CW cancelling Ringer , another of my favorites . I wish a network like NBC or CBS would pick it up . Seems like it’s mostly the mindless shows that continue to survive e.g. Heart of Dixie , etc.

34. Linda says:

I can’t believe that they would even consider not renewing, everone I know watches it, can’t wail but when does it start?

35. Kim says:

I searched until I found the answer I wanted! Thank you NBC. This is the one show multi generations can watch and relate to.

36. leslie says:

I’m ecstatic to know that Parenthood it back I just love the show.

37. Rhonda says:

AWESOME!!! Parenthood is the best show on NBC! I am officially hooked and look forward to another exciting season! I love the real life situations that the Braverman family gets into! Thanks for renewing it!

38. Pat says:

I have loved Parenthood. It was light, entertaining and fun to watch. However, Now with the Breast Cancer story line, I am done.. Just once can’t a good show just be fun and not this stuff. This stuff is stuffed in our faces all the time.. It was good to get away from it.
    Now it will be all season. I just shut my set OFF.

39. Linda B says:

Best TV Viewing In a Long time! Go Parenthood Go! NBC Never cancel this Show it would be a disservice to generations of TV viewers

40. sheri perales says:

love parenthood it is soooooo awesome!!!! hope it makes another and another and another season!!!!

41. Heather says:

I love Parenthood. I don’t watch any other shows on TV.
    It really is a program you can watch with your hubby and both enjoy.
    I hope it makes it to a fifth season.

• sheri perales says:

awesome, i am so glad to hear parenthood will be on another season, this is the one tv show me and my husband sit down together and watch, we absolutely adore it!!1 Thankyou NBC!!!!!!!

42. Linda Griffiths-Kelly says:

Jason Katims is one of THE BEST, all his shows are TOPS, My So Called Life, Relativity, Roswell, Friday Night Lights and Parenthood. Unbelievable the actor playing Max wasn’t nominated for playing an autistic child, he’s been so good. I hope this show continues because it sure deserves it.

43. judy rice says:

How can such a wonderful program be cancelled??!!!!!!! This is one of the best on TV

44. Linda says:

Thank You NBC!!!! We look forward to Parenthood every week! We love the series! Can’t wait until fall! Love the Braverman Family!

45. Dr. F Craig Sudbury says:

This is the best TV news I could possibly hear. the Braverman Family has become a staple of ours! The script is so well written and the acting so superb that i thought for sure it would be canceled!:-)

46. eve says:

HALLELUIA!!! THIS SHOW IS THE BEST OF THE BEST – THEY SHOULD KEEP THIS GOING…GOING… GOING…F O R E V E R!!!!!!!!!!!

47. Mary Gibbs says:

This is the the best news EVER! I am such a fan of this show and the actors and storylines are so true to REAL LIFE!