Fall TV Preview

Breaking: NBC Renews Parenthood For Season 4

Parenthood RenewedThe Bravermans are officially off the bubble: NBC has renewed Parenthood for a 15-episode fourth season.

Although the family drama was listed as a “safe bet” on TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard, the recent cone of silence from NBC about the show’s future — combined with the leak of an unofficial (and likely fake) schedule that had P’hood MIA — triggered a wave of cancellation anxiety across the Twitterverse over the past 48 hours.

RELATED | Fall TV: NBC Picks Up Jekyll & Hyde-Like Medical Drama and Revengeful Sudser

Parenthood is the second veteran Peacock drama (joining Law & Order: SVU) to get renewed by NBC ahead of next week’s official schedule announcement. NBC also has picked up second seasons of the freshman dramas Grimm and Smash.

TVLine’s 2012 Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

Tags: ,

Comments (142)

• Great news! Now if NBC would renew Awake NBC would be my new favorite network!

Comment by Linderella – May 10, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! They need to order an additional 7 eps!

Comment by Nichole – May 10, 2012 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic news!!! This show is so far outside the normal stuff I watch, but its just SO good that I’m addicted.
    Hope Ritter stays on the show in some capacity!!

Comment by mia – May 10, 2012 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did I already comment on this? I’m just so happy I may comment twice! I’m so SO glad that this show is getting another season…I was beginning to get very worried, since its finale was so early for a finale and then I have heard absolutely nothing since then. I do hope it gets more episodes than just 15…but right now I’m just super pumped it is getting another season! It is one of my favorites! Also one of the best shows on tv!

Comment by Robin – May 10, 2012 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Line – May 10, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES Thank you NBC my girls are in Texas, I’m in Ga so we watch and then talk about it. Really stinks you cut it short this season though! Also, thanks for Smash too…I’m hooked

Comment by Deb – May 10, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you NBC! I can’t wait for the new season,

Comment by Janie – May 10, 2012 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • very cool! love this show!

Comment by hmsabc – May 11, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am soooooo relieved!!!!! This show is so awesome. I can relate to it all families can relate. It is about everyday life trial, challenges and what makes it all worth while. Thank God NBC was smart about this one.

Comment by janmariewphillips@gmail.com – May 12, 2012 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!!!!!! I AM SOOO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER IT SEEMS! I TOTALLY JUST SCREAMED AT WORK!!!!

Comment by Lloyd – May 13, 2012 03:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEESSSS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRINGING PARENTHOOD BACK!! Its one show that is more like real life families!! I have watch every episode!! I can’t thank you enough!!!!! :-) ;-)

Comment by Tiffany Hubbard – May 13, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW I HAVE BEEN SO WORRIED YOU GUYS WOULDN’T RENEW IT. I am an ADDICT! I can’t wait to see what all of my amazing characters are gonna do this upcoming season. COUNTING DOWN!

Comment by Ashley Rankin – May 13, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you….

Comment by Kim – May 13, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you NBC!! I LOVE this show! ;-) <3

Comment by sherpeace – May 13, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!! This is one of the best shows ever. Can anyone tell me when season four will begin???

Comment by Cindy Everly Horvath – May 13, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOOOOOOOOO Happy to hear this! Best news ever!!!!!! :)

Comment by fanessa martinez – May 14, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news :)

Comment by Eileen – May 14, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope it gets renewed again next year

Comment by hank – May 25, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I watch this show, I feel like it mirrors my own life. I think just about everybody relates to it this way. It’s fantastically acted and scripted and we’re all attached to what will happen to the characters next. Thank you NBC. And on a lighter note, I got hooked on Smash this season and could see the development really maturing by the final episode, so thanks for renewing that, as well. A couple of good shows to look forward to next season.

Comment by zagyzebra – May 26, 2012 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you NBC!

Comment by LB – May 30, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood is at the top of my faves list. And it gets renewed for just 13 episodes. Lets get this straight. American Idol continues to get full season approval. O.K. That means that the networks are, at least, partly to blame for so many of the youth of today thinking that they have all the answers. My dad said he feels sorry for the generation that will depend on these idiots to run the country. Strangely, so do I.

Comment by Mark Daume – June 4, 2012 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lauren graham is boring and so is this show

Comment by Art – June 6, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wonderful news. I am so happy that Parenthood will be back. I love the show. Rabea

Comment by Rabea Damaree – June 24, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to hear that Parenthood was renewed for a fourth season. It is one best family dramas on television. Real life! My teenager and I look forward to watching every Tuesday. This program and its actors and writers and directors do not get the accolades they deserve.

Comment by susan e smith – July 4, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • we are all the way from malaysia/singapore. thank you so much this is such a blessing to get them back they have improved so many lives here in the regions. thank thank you thank you

Comment by theoliveteamjoshua – July 7, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love love love this show :)

Comment by MegsFitness – July 18, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I looked for the renewal notice and am thrilled that Parenthood will be one of fall’s offerings. Thanks NBC for a providing a quality program. With this confirmation, I can finish up the summer viewing and know that I have Parenthood to look forward to.

Comment by Lydia Lopez – July 24, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this show and am so pleased it is coming back for another season. Love the story lines and the fantastic cast! I will definitely be watching this season! The Braverman’s are like extended family!

Comment by Mary Gibbs – July 26, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love this show and I’m so happy they’re
    bringing back a fourth season! I can’t wait for the premiere.
    Thanks NBC for deciding to make a fourth season. I’m so happy!

Comment by Rita – July 30, 2012 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news!! This show is the BEST SHOW EVER. Makes me AND my husband cry every episode. Thank you, NBC!

Comment by Amy – August 20, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Love this show.

ITS THE MOST TRUE TO LIFE SHOW

Comment by Susan – August 20, 2012 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited about the new series. My Identical great granddaughters are playing baby Nora this year.
    I have a question maybe someone can answer. Why does baby Nora on season 3 always wear a hat of some kind?

Comment by Joyce Roberts – August 23, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you fellow parenthood fans for saving one of the few shows on t.v with substance as well as comic relief!!! And thanks NBC for keeping me from boycotting your network! Lol. This show is hands down one of the best, relatable shows ever created!

Comment by Jennifer Cutrell – September 1, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Parenthood and I’m so glad it will be continuing . It’s a show with heart and also has considerable insight into the human dynamic . We need to spread the word about it to others so that it’s future popularity will make it difficult for the network to cancel this show .
    As a sidenote , I’m extremely upset about CW cancelling Ringer , another of my favorites . I wish a network like NBC or CBS would pick it up . Seems like it’s mostly the mindless shows that continue to survive e.g. Heart of Dixie , etc.

Comment by Mark Garmaise – September 2, 2012 03:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that they would even consider not renewing, everone I know watches it, can’t wail but when does it start?

Comment by Linda – September 3, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I searched until I found the answer I wanted! Thank you NBC. This is the one show multi generations can watch and relate to.

Comment by Kim – September 3, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m ecstatic to know that Parenthood it back I just love the show.

Comment by leslie – September 11, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME!!! Parenthood is the best show on NBC! I am officially hooked and look forward to another exciting season! I love the real life situations that the Braverman family gets into! Thanks for renewing it!

Comment by Rhonda – September 25, 2012 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have loved Parenthood. It was light, entertaining and fun to watch. However, Now with the Breast Cancer story line, I am done.. Just once can’t a good show just be fun and not this stuff. This stuff is stuffed in our faces all the time.. It was good to get away from it.
    Now it will be all season. I just shut my set OFF.

Comment by Pat – October 24, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best TV Viewing In a Long time! Go Parenthood Go! NBC Never cancel this Show it would be a disservice to generations of TV viewers

Comment by Linda B – November 13, 2012 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • love parenthood it is soooooo awesome!!!! hope it makes another and another and another season!!!!

Comment by sheri perales – December 5, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Parenthood. I don’t watch any other shows on TV.
    It really is a program you can watch with your hubby and both enjoy.
    I hope it makes it to a fifth season.

Comment by Heather – January 9, 2013 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • awesome, i am so glad to hear parenthood will be on another season, this is the one tv show me and my husband sit down together and watch, we absolutely adore it!!1 Thankyou NBC!!!!!!!

Comment by sheri perales – January 10, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason Katims is one of THE BEST, all his shows are TOPS, My So Called Life, Relativity, Roswell, Friday Night Lights and Parenthood. Unbelievable the actor playing Max wasn’t nominated for playing an autistic child, he’s been so good. I hope this show continues because it sure deserves it.

Comment by Linda Griffiths-Kelly – January 15, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can such a wonderful program be cancelled??!!!!!!! This is one of the best on TV

Comment by judy rice – January 23, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank You NBC!!!! We look forward to Parenthood every week! We love the series! Can’t wait until fall! Love the Braverman Family!

Comment by Linda – January 23, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best TV news I could possibly hear. the Braverman Family has become a staple of ours! The script is so well written and the acting so superb that i thought for sure it would be canceled!:-)

Comment by Dr. F Craig Sudbury – February 18, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HALLELUIA!!! THIS SHOW IS THE BEST OF THE BEST – THEY SHOULD KEEP THIS GOING…GOING… GOING…F O R E V E R!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by eve – May 23, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the the best news EVER! I am such a fan of this show and the actors and storylines are so true to REAL LIFE!

Comment by Mary Gibbs – May 23, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post