It's Official: Cougar Town Jumps to TBS

Get More: News

Cougar Town TBSTBS is gonna have to start stocking its crafts services tables with pinot noir: The cable net has officially plucked Cougar Town from ABC in a deal that paves the way for a 15-episode fourth season to debut in early 2013.

In addition, TBS has acquired rerun rights to the show’s first three seasons.

RELATED | Season Finale Spoilers: Scoop on 54 Big Finishes — Including Cougar Town!

Cougar Town is a smart, whimsical sitcom that draws its humor from likable, relatable characters,” said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). “We are thrilled to have Cougar Town moving to the TBS neighborhood as the network continues to expand its slate of original comedy series.”

The move caps a challenging year for the Cul-de-Sac Crew that included a delayed third season, a trimmed episode order, a less-than-ideal Tuesday time slot and an unprecedented grass roots PR campaign organized and funded by co-creator Bill Lawrence.

It’s unclear what changes, if any, will be made to the show in advance of its relocation. Hopefully none.

Thoughts? Relieved? Drunk with happiness? Grateful to TBS?

Comments (109)

• I hope that airing the reruns will do for CT what it did for Big Bang Theory, and when the new episodes start airing, viewership will be up even more, sending a nice big ‘eff you’ to ABC. Long live the Cul-de-Sac Crew!!!!

Comment by Mikael – May 10, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d love CT to beat an ABC comedy head to head in the demo when it comes back. That would be the BEST!

Comment by Jeff – May 11, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If ever NBC want to do the stupid thing and drop Community, they must first shop it to TBS then community and cougar town can be paired together.

Comment by Theo – May 10, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best news!! Cougar Town is one of my favorite shows & since ABC was most likely going to cancel, I’m glad that it has a new home.

Comment by theresa – May 10, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy for this show and its fans that it found a new home instead of being cancelled. A lot of passionate supporters/fans behind it. :)

Comment by Samara – May 10, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too happy, I love Cougar Town, fav comedy and just love it. Now I will start watching TBS

Comment by Juan – May 10, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HURRAH!!! I’m SUCH a fan of cable nets saving quality shows from the dregs of cancellation!

Comment by Cat – May 10, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news. i will have to remember to change my dvr setting come january. i don’t care where or when the show ends up, all long as it continues. love it.

Comment by murley – May 10, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats, Bill Lawrence!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 10, 2012 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like that it’s stsy

Comment by Diana – May 10, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like that it’s still on tv but dislike on TBS because we don’t get it. Boo. Hope they are online otherwise it’ll be a long wait to the DVDs.

Comment by Diana – May 10, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am with you. Cable-less over here. Praying it is online!

Comment by Christy – May 11, 2012 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I’m gonna cry!! I’m sooooo happy!! yay!!

Comment by Mari – May 10, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think you can call it a grass-roots campaign if it’s organised by the guy who created the show…

Comment by Miv – May 10, 2012 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE this show. I am very glad to see it going to a 4th season! I don’t know what ABC’s problem is, but good for TBS picking up the show! Penny Can!!

Comment by Jennifer G. – May 10, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay!!!!!!

Comment by airhead – May 11, 2012 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing news!! As long as we get it in Canada, I will be THRILLED!!

Comment by Lauren Jacobs (@laurenrjacobs) – May 11, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So TBS is giving us a definite 4th season with an option to do a 5th if the 4th does well. Does that mean after Season 5 that’s it? Or if the show is a big hit, could they renegotiate and give us a 6th season or more?

Comment by Mikael – May 11, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is wonderful news!! I love this show!!!

Comment by Kimm – May 11, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC really screwed up with Cougar Town’s season 3 release; and holding back the season’s release date. I hope TBS gives it the love it deserves.

Everyone get out their Big Carl’s and lets PENNY CAAAAAAAN.

Comment by I Like The Name Cougar Town – May 11, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad the show is getting another life. ABC didn’t seem to care about it, what a shame.

Comment by matt – May 11, 2012 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you TBS!!!! You Rock keeping Cougar Town Alive!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Music Diva – May 16, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 6 Seasons and a Movie!

Comment by LiftLaughLust (@LiftLaughLust) – May 21, 2012 02:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was soooo bummed when I heard Cougar Town was cancelled and became soo happy to hear that TBS is picking it up…THANK YOU TBS!!!!! PENNY CAAAAAN!!

Comment by Kdub – May 31, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you TBS for picking up Cougar Town !! Witty, smart, creative show. Definitely guarantees belly laughs. Took me half a season to convince my husband how great it is (due to the name) , and now it is one of his favourites.

Comment by Sherri – June 13, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • one of the few shows my gf and i really can enjoy together, thank you tbs!

Comment by aaron – July 24, 2012 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Cougar Town. Its funny and witty. The show is a blast. The characters are great. Love it. Love it Love it.

Comment by Andre – February 11, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post