Exclusive CSI: NY Finale Sneak Peek: Claire Returns – to Usher Mac Into the Afterlife?

CSI: NY fans are in for an emotional finale this Friday (9/8c, CBS) when Mac once again comes face-to-face with his late wife, Claire — and we’ve got your exclusive first look at the tearful reunion.

RELATED | Season Finale Guide: Exclusive Spoilers on 52 Big Finishes!

In the CBS cop drama’s eighth season ender (aptly titled “Near Death”), Gary Sinise’s stalwart (and near-fatally injured) detective fluctuates between life — where his current flame Christine sits vigil — and death — where his erstwhile spouse (played by guest star Jaime Ray Newman) awaits his arrival.

Press PLAY below to watch the bittersweet moment — but not before grabbing a Kleenex or two (or 10).

Loading video...

Comments (27)

• Would be quite the shocker if Mac dies, and then CBS announces that they decided to end the show long ago and told the producers, but kept it secret to pack more of a punch with this finale. Wouldn’t put it past them… ;)

Comment by Lambsilencer – May 9, 2012 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very great sneak peek, i want see it. Thanks a lot for that.

Comment by perlnoir (@perlnoire) – May 9, 2012 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *crickets*

Comment by ................................ – May 9, 2012 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see this!

Comment by Thazenstab – May 9, 2012 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gawd! When did this show turn into One Life to Live? What a stupid plot device, this whole ‘ushering into the afterlife.’ It completely negates the integrity of the show when they employ such sappy soapy stuff.

Comment by MLO – May 9, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Show some respect, OK? If you don´t like it, good, is your opinion, but there is no need for insults, if I don´t like something from the show, I´ll try to be respectful, for me, is good that the show has some variety in the plots.

Comment by cereza1000 – May 9, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • what are you talking about? How is finding this plotline sappy and the “ushering into the afterlife” silly respectless? Not everyone clings to the desperate idea that there IS an afterlife.

Comment by guest – May 9, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you MLO, the ship sailed on this show for me several seasons back. I may read about some of the plot twists but none of them or the casting stunts have lured me back. I’m content to watch the DVDs from the first few seasons when this show got it right.

Time to let it go.

Comment by ljd213 – May 9, 2012 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As I still enjoy the show, with many others, I choose not to let it go. Thanks anyway.

Comment by suzi – May 9, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t get me wrong – I still like the show. I just think the show is better than having to resort to what amounts to a tired, over-used soap opera plot device.

Comment by MLO – May 11, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you MLO.

Comment by guest – May 9, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they renew this show. It is the only of the 3 that I still watch and from what I have read on various sites alot of people are like me and only watch CSI NY and want to see it come back. The ratings are actually not bad and when they had the 2 month break and aired other shows: Gifted Man in the time slot it did not do nearly as well.

Comment by sarah – May 9, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing while watching this. It’s the only one of the 3 I still watch. I got so fed up with Miami and I can’t stand Georgia Fox, so her coming back to CSI killed it for me. The only one I watch, so naturally it’ll be the one to go.

Comment by gcem – May 9, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last year Gary Sinise was very active on twitter asking fans to push for another season; I noticed this year he didn’t really comment until recently and it seems half-hearted and last minute almost like he knows this is the end, but is trying not to spoil it for us.

Comment by Ann – May 9, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this show comes back and this scenes like this is one of the reasons why…

Comment by CSI-NY Fan – May 9, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SAVE CSI,NY GARY SINISE IS GREAT

Comment by ELLEN – May 11, 2012 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW…I can’t wait for Friday. Looks like an awesome ep. CAN’T WAIT!!! :D

Comment by Vannesa – May 9, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my goodness. I can’t wait till friday gets here. :’(

Comment by hurricane37 – May 9, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CSI:NY and i really hope it comes back. Gary and the team are really awesome and this is the only show i actually watch. Very much looking forward to Friday :)

Comment by Laura – May 9, 2012 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CSI:NY! I don’t want Mac to die! And I don’t want the show to be cancelled…please…please PLEASE renew!

Comment by Robin – May 9, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love watching this show used to love all the CSI’s, but the other 2 got really boring I hope they do bring the show back.

Comment by Sally Coppin – May 10, 2012 04:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like from the promo that there’s a lot of action to balance it out, and from Flack, Danny and Lindsay. Nice though that this episode bookends the first episode of the season and Mac’s life. We need a season 9! I do agree, btw. This is the only csi I watch, and I’ve never been drawn to the other two. While some decisions in seven and early 8 were not all that great, there were new writers and a new show runner, and they are finally picking th pace back up to the early seasons, sharing the wealth of the action and the case load. I hope that continues. I love this show as an amazing ensemble.

Comment by Haley – May 10, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE AND HOPING CSI,NY DOES NOT GET CANCELLED. CSI IS ALSO LOVE CSI MIAMI., I HAVE ALL THE DVD TO BOTH SHOWS.CANCEL ALL THE REALITY SHOWS.

Comment by ELLEN – May 11, 2012 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I should fall behind wait for me and Claire is waiting for mac loved this Jaime Ray Newman is an awesome actress :)

Comment by Jade Hanrahan – May 12, 2012 02:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is agreat supporter and a wonderful human being.

Comment by Rosalinda Guthrie – May 13, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More csi:ny seasons please.
    Just come up with more exiting episodes.
    Thx

Comment by Joy – May 16, 2012 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. Gary S. is a hottie!!!! CSI NY needs another season definately!!!!!

Comment by Becky – September 21, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post