The Voice: 13 Best Performances of Season 2!

It seems like just yesterday NBC was touting The Voice‘s post-Super Bowl Season 2 premiere. But time flies watching talented vocalists fight for their place in the spotlight against Cee Lo’s awesome cat, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton’s bromantic antics, and Christina Aguilera’s décolletage.

And with the show’s sophomore season finale set for tonight, we figured it was the right time to count down a baker’s dozen of the best performances from the last four months. Check out my Top 13 countdown below, then hit the comments and tell me if there are any of your faves that didn’t make the cut!

RELATED | The Voice Performance Finale Recap: The Agony and the Xtina [Updated]

1. sara says:

Michael! Where’s the Anthony Evans & Jesse Campbell duet???

2. Jab says:

I loved Jamie and wish he would have of made it further. he was great singing FCBlues!!

3. david7118 says:

I’m waiting for Michael to write an article in which he ranks the top four from The Voice and the final five from American Idol. How would you all rank them?

• Lindsey says:

1. Juliet
      2. Tony
      3. Chris
      4. Jermaine
      5. Phillip
      6. Hollie
      7. Jessica
      8. Joshua

• Andy Shoe says:

Comparing contestants between these two shows just shouldn’t happen. Just about all singers on the Voice have been in the business for some time, they just haven’t had their big break, but it seems like most have produced albums or at least toured or been in the realm of music production. American Idol contestants are true amateurs and are therefore automatically not going to be as polished as musical artists as what you see on the Voice. Idols just don’t have the experience (yet), but it’s what makes the show great because you can see them gain experience week to week and become actual music artists. I appreciate singers on the Voice, but Idol is the one and only.

• Rik says:

You apparently haven’t been paying attention then. Just going by the last few years. David Cook had been releasing albums with two different bands plus his own solo album before going on Idol. Another contestant from his season, Carly Smithson, had a prior record deal and music video. Kris Allen had at least one finished album under his belt. Adam Lambert had an album under his belt and was an experience theater stage performer. Lee Dewyze had several finished albums. Crystal Bowersox had an album done. Only the baby country teens from last year might truly be considered amateurs. The rest of the winners and runners up over the last three to four years were just like the ones on the Voice and waiting for their big break.

4. Ah, Chris, Orlando, and Jamie! Gone too soon!

5. McGuinness says:

hands down, roxanne has been the best performance by far. though, most consistent ones were ms. aguilera’s knockers for not busting out a whole season long…
    juliet for the win!

6. allison says:

where’s Jamar Roger’s It’s My Life???

7. erin says:

Where’s ANY of Chris Mann’s performances?!

8. Lindsey says:

My two favorites didn’t make the list… Juliet singing “Cryin” and Tony doing “Hit Me Baby One More Time”. Great season!

• 30CamdenSquare says:

I can’t believe Say Aah, wasn’t on the list. It was the highest charting song of any from the blind auditions, spending 4 days on itunes top 100 before itunes even figured into the voting. No to mention the most original remake of the season. I agree w/ Juliet’s Roxanne in the #1 spot but this should’ve been in the #2 spot.

9. Rhian says:

Chris Mann??!!

10. Jenn says:

Where are all the Chris Mann performances!?

11. Dustin Lerch says:

Tony Lucca and Adam Levine singing Yesterday not making the list is a HUGE disappointment. That performance is probably my 2nd favorite of the season. Juliet’s performance of It’s A Man’s World tops the list for me though. That performance sent chills down my spine!!!

12. Cynthia says:

Aces up as Juliet’s Roxanne was the best of the season. Many good performances.

13. Ned says:

Tony’s “Trouble” to start the season.

14. Edward says:

I can’t get enough of Ashley’s Foolish Games, it was a brilliant rendition and it made root for her. I honestly thought you would include the Jesse and Anthony Battle because i though it was the best battle the Voice has ever had so far.

15. Ione says:

Nope. You totally miss it.

16. Coleeey says:

Where is Chris Mann???

17. asherlev1 says:

Still mad about Jamie. DDDDD:

18. Ramona says:

Julliette Simms, she has the most interesting voice, she has star quality.

19. caroline says:

Chris Mann – “Ave Maria” and Juliet Simms “Freebird”

20. Drak says:

“Say Ahh” by Lindsay Pavao and “All These Things That I’ve Done” by Team Adam and Team CeeLo

21. mosh says:

How the hell did not you put the Anthony Evans vs. Jesse Campbell??

22. d says:

Chris Mann- You raise me up

23. Missing Jermaine!! Where’s the soul in this list? Jesse Campbell, Chris Mann, Jermaine Paul. Seriously… these are far from THE VOICE!

• Bethany Carter says:

Amen!!!! Thank you!! Jermaine Paul DEFINITELY has had the best variety of performances and he deserves a spot on this list!!! ..so sad #smh

24. Nita says:

Yesterday definately should have made that list. Agree with leaving Chris Mann off. His voice has a nasal quality that shows up when it shouldn’t. And Christina needs to be thrown off the show for her school girl treatment of Tony. What happened on the Mouseketeers anyway, Did he spurn her affections? I mean really… never seen such rudeness from someone who is supposed to be giving professional advice.

• Kathy from Havertown PA says:

Totally agree that Christina has a bad attitude toward Tony – any idea why? It’s so obvious that she doesn’t like him – and he’s so gracious in his acceptance of her nastiness! Did you see her texting during his time last night with her “whatever attitude”! I think she’s jealous of Tony’s relationship with Adam!! Too bad Christina – Adam likes Tony better!!

• Sha says:

please Tony may have been gracious at times but he’s been re-tweeting his fans’ ugly tweets about xtina. How childish is that? (I’m not defending xtina’s criticism of him but stop making him out to be some poor defenseless soul

• Phoebe says:

Absolutely agree…Christina is down right rude and childish & she just proves that beauty is skin deep. Yeah she may sing & has some looks but is an ugly person inside who needs an attitude adjustment. Loved Adam’s response “it’s a metaphor”!!!!!!! Yep the dumb blonde walked into that with her eyes wide open. Hook line & sinker

• Sha says:

how is it a metaphor when the line clearly goes, “if you’re having GIRL problems I feel bad for you son, 99 problems but a …etc”

25. HB says:

What about ‘Oh Darling’ of Juliet Simms!??

26. miss_ing says:

(shaking head) What the?? why on earth is Tony Vincent and Justin Hopkin’s EPIC battle not in this line-up?!? It was the battle of the season!! holy BALLS people!!

27. Paramour says:

I am not impressed with Season 2 final lineup…it really doesn’t matter who wins.

28. LL300 says:

I thought Jordiss singing Maybe I’m Amazed for her audition was one of the best.

29. CRYSTAL says:

THE GIRL THAT SANG SOMEONE THAT I USE TO NO RUNIED THAT SONG !

30. Kathy from Havertown PA says:

How could you miss Jesse’s “It’s a Wonderful World”??? It’s the best version I’ve ever heard next to Louis’! I had chills!!

31. Samantha says:

Where’s the RaeLynn performances??? I couldnt stand country before i heard her! She made country enjoyabke for me! Kudos to her! Otherwise, i like Juliet Simms (which is there), Katrina Parker (who is also there), and Lindsey Pavao (who is also there)! Bring in the RaeLynn!!!

32. Rich says:

99 Problems by Tony and Yersterday by Adam and Tony were both stellar. Christina needs to rethink her attitude — the other judges are positive and helpful, she just trashes other judges conestants.

33. darcy's evil twin says:

Holy crap – watching The Voice…okay, not saying anything else. I forgot momentarily people are in other time zones or are DVRing the show.

34. FreeHaley says:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don’t think my favorite will ever win one of these things again! Damn, Juliet sooooo close. Just 4% lower than Jermaine. But dang! COme on!
    Juliet owned this!

I did think Jermaine was a lot better than most here gave him credit for but dang!

It sounds like Jermaine and Juliet were close and a lot higher than Chris and Tony, who were crazy close.

Looking at last week’s votes Tony didn’t win, and Jermaine won by a ton and Juliet by a lot. I guess that carried over.

But dang this really came sort of out of nowhere since Jermaine got the least talk of anyone in every forum I’ve looked at.

But hey congrats to Jermaine!

• semisweetgirl says:

I thought Juliet had it too – she will be all right, she rules!! Jermaine really is good and he is so loveable – so good on him, Well done!!
      Thank goodness it wasn’t Tony Christina might have needed to be tranquilized and double thanks that it wasn’t Chris – she would have been UNBEARABLE!!

35. FreeHaley says:

I hope Cee Lo sticks to his tweet and signs Juliet.
    Dang he has had some of the very best on his team but he just can’t get the win.

Juliet!!

• semisweetgirl says:

You know he will – Vicci Martinez (or as Cee Lo called her, his warrior princess) has her cd drop at the end of the month

36. darcy the slutty twin says:

My 11 Favorites:
    Maybe I’m Amazed by Jordis Unga
    Say Aah by Lindsay Pavao
    Waiting on the World to Change by Orlando Napier
    Grenade by Chris Cauley
    Anthony-Jesse Battle Round
    Orlando-Karla Battle Round
    Wild Horses by Jordis Unga
    Erin-Gwen Battle Round
    Angel-Katrina Battle Round
    Seven Nation Army by Jamar Rogers
    Roxanne by Juliet Simms

IMO, Erin Martin, Mathai and Raelynn were the worst contestants the last two seasons.

37. Hilary says:

I might be alone, but Ave Maria was my favorite moment of the season. I had tears running down my face and I’m rarely moved like that. Glad to see Juliet on the list.

38. Ty says:

Wait a minute, how come “if i ain’t got you” didn’t make your cut.
    This song was the best moment on the voice this season.
    Period

39. 30CamdenSquare says:

I’m stunned that Lindsey Pavao’s cover of “Say Aah”, wasn’t on the list. It was the highest charting song of any from the blind auditions, spending 4 days on itunes top 100 before itunes even figured into the voting. No to mention the most original remake of the season. I agree w/ Juliet’s Roxanne in the #1 spot but this should’ve been in the #2 spot.

40. Sha says:

mathai really? eh. I would have put Jamar’s It’s My Life. The duet between Jesse and Anthony, YOU RAISE ME UP. and definitely SAY AHH