Ratings: ABC Wins as Shark Tank Beats Boss for First Time; Nikita Steady, CSI: NY Down

Newsmagazines and unscripted fare were the big gainers this Friday, with Shark Tank and Primetime: What Would You Do leading ABC to a rare demo win.

In the 8 o’clock hour, Shark Tank (6 million total viewers, 1.7 rating) leaped 21 percent in the demo to land its first-ever win over Undercover Boss (down double digits to 6.3 mil/1.4). At 9, ABC’s Primetime: WWYD (4.7 mil/1.4) scored a demo win, rising 27 percent week-to-week.

Closing the night, 20/20 (5.2 mil/1.5) upticked a tenth in the demo to edge out Blue Bloods (down a bit to 10.1 mil/1.4).

CBS however led each hour in total viewership.

RELATED | The CW Gives Early Renewals to Supernatural and Two Others

RECAP | Fringe Shockers: David Robert Jones’ Boss Is Revealed! And Is [Spoiler] Dead?!

Elsewhere, The Finder (4 mil/1.0) dipped a tenth in the demo, and bubble procedural CSI: NY (9 mil/1.3) was down 13 percent.

1. raven says:

“Among the genre-TV fare that was facing The Avengers‘ assembly, bubble show Nikita (1.24 mil/0.4) and the renewed Supernatural (1.6 mil/0.7) held steady, while Grimm (4.7 mil/1.3) and Fringe (2.9 mil/0.9) each dipped a tenth in the demo.”

That’s not too bad, all things considered. I expected everything to be way down, so I guess I can’t complain.

2. Nikita is the one show on the network (that is not 7 years old) that is not about sex, and sleeping around and teenage angst and it has the lowest ratings. WTG CW.

• raven says:

Would that 7 year old show happen to be Supernatural?

• m2 says:

Nikita shows us that none of that stuff is needed to have a good show, CW does not deserve Nikita. And don’t forget about the nonesense vampire crap!!!

• TriColor says:

Well, having Michael going on a mission and getting a women pregnant is not very adult of him! Pretty much like a teenager. If I think of shows with storylines like this, i think about teen shows! Nikita has lost it for me and for many other fans. I know lots of people who are not watching anymore because it got ruined and its to …. well its just too much of the same things over and over again.

I mean can you imagine having Nikita trying to kill Percy in Division for 5 season and always guessing she will never kill him because without Percy there is no Nikita and the show wont make sense anymore? Just my opinion!

• JC says:

Nikita has been very consistent in quality this season and I don’t think the Percy storyline will last for 5 seasons this is not Pretty Little Liars it wont drag that long if we get to season 3 I bet it will be better :)

• Allen says:

I actually agree with your point about a “season 5″ and Percy. I love the show and I think they could use one more season to finish telling the story of either Percy’s demise or ultimate victory. But even as a fan I don’t see a season 4.

On a side note you’ve made a comment about Michael getting a woman pregnant not being very adult. Unfortunately there are a lot of adults that don’t do very wise things for many different reasons. His specific situation is not the type of situation I could see a teenager to find themselves in. You know the whole being a deep cover agent of a government agency that “doesn’t exist”. Also you make the assumption the act was done unprotected which is something the show doesn’t go into about.

In any case what makes the show have depth is not the fact that that happened but dynamics of the implications that follows. If you haven’t maybe you show watch the episodes that followed that episode. I don’t think you would think Michael is seen like a teenage boy.

• kavyn says:

Apparently Nikita is a 3-seasons story. No more, no less. That’s what someone from Nikita had stated in a Q&A. Which is why I desperately want Nikita renewed for its final season. Just one last one CW, please! :(

3. m2 says:

I love Nikita I rather stay home every friday night and enjoy this show than go out and pay almost $15 to watch a movie, the way I see it Nikita is a weekly movie and is free. Nikita has to have a season 3.

4. Jake says:

I love Nikita. So hope it gets a 3rd season.

5. tvaddict says:

I was really hoping Nikita would go up. I really hope Nikita & The Secret Circle come back!

6. I am happy that Nikita was steady but it does not deserve to struggling with a .4

90% of people who I read about, who actually take a chance and watch the show, absolutely love it. If they aren’t loving it its because the story lines are too mature, the women wear too much clothing and the men are not total douche bags.

I am just flabbergasted.

• tripoli says:

I don’t love it and not for the ridiculous reasons you stated. I watched season one and part of season 2, but it got to be rather boring and seemed all over the place. It’s lost the spark it had. Time to let it die.

• Nikita writers like to shift the story paradigms a couple times a season. What was happening 10 episodes ago is not what is happening now. Now the focus is on Team Nikita and their little family unit (Including Sean and Ryan) and Percy back at Division.

• TriColor says:

What happend 10 episode ago is lost now forever! For me at leats and I see for others also. The show got ruined for many reasons and I agree with Tripoli!! The show as lost it sparkles. Will be happy if Nikita gets canceled and if it gets renewed, well good for the fans.

But I sincerly believe that Nikita should let another show chance to sparks. Nikita had that chance for with season 2 and the ratings are really bad. Even for a Friday and we all know that!

7. CJ says:

Nikita is by far one of the best shows on TV right now. I’d be hard-pressed choosing between it and Southland, but those are my favorites of the moment. I wish people would watch them and see how incredible they are. Great writing, great casts, great shows.

8. Dave says:

I am seriously sick of Nikita fans. At first I felt bad for them because I know what it’s like to have a show you love not do well in the ratings but seriously just because your show sucks in the ratings (not saying anything bad about the quality because I have never seen it.) Doesn’t mean you have to insult other shows. I mean seriously Nikita may be good, may even be great but it’s not the only good show on the network or TV. It’s a shame because any interest I ever had in checking out Nikita has been ruined by the loud vocal fans that feel the need to put down every other show that is not Nikita.

• Alan says:

as a nikita fan i fully understand where you are comming from, the internet is a place where people can say what they want and get no reprecussions from it, however its worth me saying dont let that put you off the show it is one of the best shows on tv at the moment and it deserves many more people watching it, which it would have on any other network because its not aimed at the target market of the cw

• Well Dave if that is the case what that means is that non viewers are only seeing the fan reactions to the show. And that is not how a television show like Nikita should be promoted. Word of mouth can only account for a very small % of viewership. And its unfair to ask Nikita fans not to be loud and vocal.

I don’t watch anything else on the CW. My perception (much like everyone else) is that every other show on the network is teenage angst and bed hopping. With the exception of Supernatural of course but that show is going into its eight season.

• CJ says:

I understand what you mean as I have seen that happen (not just with Nikita, but with many shows, especially those on the bubble), but I don’t see a single comment on this page that is putting down any other shows. Every show has a set of rabid fans who let loose on the internet, saying and doing ridiculous things in the name of their show. I hope you won’t let that deter you from watching Nikita. Believe me when I say it is worth the time to at least check it out. If it’s not for you, it’s not for you, but I would recommend it to anyone I know – and, clearly, those I don’t.

• ben says:

What a silly reason not to watch a show.

• kavyn says:

Yup. There are millions of delusional fans out there, I’ve seen fans of TSC, Fringe, SPN and more insult others as well. It’s not just Nikita fans.

• Will says:

I understand where you are coming from. Without naming names, I see other fandoms put down Nikita a lot, many without any knowledge of or having watched the show. So this behaviour exists across the board for all shows, across all fandoms. I never hold negative fan behavior as a reason to not check out a new show because jeez, all fandoms have their nutty/mean element. I do consider well-reasoned fan comments and critical reviews as indicators, and take those to heart. Don’t let a few negative fans stop you from considering the show on its own merits. Basically, its about having fun, watching a great, entertaining action show. Nikita meets that requirement :)

• TriColor says:

I so agree with you Dave!!!!!!! The Nikita fans think they are good, well they are good and supportive fans but they are way to loud and getting on people nerves! B ut its okay for them to love it. But seeing them say bad things about other shows is uncessery and not nice at all. Fringe is very good, Ringer is also very good, HOD is good, GG also and 9021 and the list goes on.

To Nikita fans…..please don’t say bad things about others show just because Nikita isn’t doing well. Won’t bring you guys anywhere. Have respect with others also, please, thank you.

• Kevin says:

Don’t you think the door should swing both ways if you are talking trash about Nikita why should we Nikita fans not do the same with your favorites

• Tyger says:

Seriously? 90210 is better than Nikita? Like are you for real? 90210 is so bad I would rather watch Keeping up with the Kardashians over that dribble. The first season was fine but after that it got worse and for the CW to give it another season is the worst move they could make. Ringer is so convoluted and twisted that it doesn’t even make sense. 22 eps and she only realized in the closing scene that maybe her sister is alive and wants to kill her for being responsible for her sons death. Seriously?
        Gossip Girl tanked this season because 3/4 of its audience stopped watching when Dair became an item. Lets not even get started on the fact that they made Georgina steal GG’s laptop and then she gives it to Serena. Or that she, Georgina could go to Monaco and get Blair’s dowry voided. Seriously. Don’t tell me those shows are better than Nikita because they are NOT!
        Nikita is what Alias was without the Rimbaldi stupidity. It is smart and creative. Alias lasted five seasons with Sloan as the villian. I am sure that Nikita could last that long. Besides they are THREE villains in Nikita PERCY AMANDA AND ARI.

• Allen says:

I agree I love the show Nikita and hate the fact that the ratings don’t represent the high quality of the show. With that said there is no reason to put others and their likes (and dislikes) down. It’s not very civil and quite immature especially while pushing how mature the show is.

Moving past that I truly hope Nikita gets a third season. I think one more season could finish telling the story. After that I don’t think there will be much more to talk about.

9. bad kevin says:

Can’t wait for next week’s explosive season finale of Fringe heading towards the final season sometime in the Fall and I spent my Fridays seeing Marvel’s The Avengers.

10. Ruby says:

I love Nikita and its one of the best shows ever on TV! i hope its gets renewed, seriously! but my favorite show is Supernatural and i love very much Vampire Diaries and i don’t like when people offend these TV shows! they are really good and don’t deserve any hate! All my Nikita friends are nice!! i hope that fans who hate other tv shows are a minority!

11. Chris Halarewich says:

I don’t get how a show that gets 9 mil views (CSI:NY) can be on the bubble?

12. Daniela says:

NIKITA is one of the best shows The CW has when it comes to quality. But lets not kid ourselves, this show is going to be canceled. With a 0.4 rating The CW really has no other choice. CSI:NY needs to be renewed instead of MIAMI. This show has so much more to give.

• I don’t think its dead in the water yet. Warner Bros is still making money overseas off the series. They may come in and save it. CW just needs to keep a spot open on their schedule for it.

• Brian says:

What are you talking about if you can’t see that no show can do better than Nikita in the long run you are an idiot. Because lets face it to premiere a new show on friday with no lead in would be killing it off before it even starts. Then we have TSC only getting 0.5 after TVD on thursdays it is obvious to even an idiot that it would do way worse than Nikita is doing. Not to mention with a renewal for Nikita they will have 3 seasons of episodes to sell to countries. Its obvious Nikita will be renewed and if you can’t see that i don’t believe for 1 minute you like Nikita

• Brian says:

My post was adressed to Daniela if anyone is confused;-)

• NR says:

I hope you’re right TSC is really in danger because its only on its first season and it has the biggest lead in but its doing bad. I like TSC but I’d rather have Nikita renewed than it because Nikita has no big lead in and its on the second season a syndication is not far away please renew it CW!!!

• Daniela says:

@Brian: There is absolutely no reason to be insulting here. I get that you are very passionate and that’s fine with me. But the next time show that you are a mature person and don’t call me an idiot. I’d like for NIKITA to see another season. You can doubt it all you want but that’s the truth. And I’d renew this show instead of THE SECRET CIRCLE every day. But The CW is a struggling network who ordered a lot of pilots this year. ARROW and THE CARRIE DIARIES already seem locked for a series order. If you look at the network’s schedule you have to see that there aren’t many empty spaces. So the chances for NIKITA to be renewed with a 0.4 rating just aren’t that big. It’s NOT obvious that NIKITA will be renewed. This show is fighting for it’s life – that’s the truth.

13. Trev says:

I’m jumping in the Nikita band wagon. CW please renew this fab show! I’m really happy Fringe was renewed. Now it’s Nikita’s turn!

• oliver says:

i don’t watch fringe but congrats on the renewal. i do hope nikita gets renewed as well. its my favorite show since its broadcast.

• Tyger says:

Totally agree with you. Nikita is like fringe, creative and AWESOME

14. Nikita Fan says:

Nikita! I love that show.

15. ninamags says:

Love both Nikita and especially Supernatural.

Last night’s episodes were both fantastic!!!

Loved goofy Sam mistaking the Metatron for a Transformer, it was LOL-worthy, so was his running around chasing the kid. :)

Strangely, I do like this version of Castiel better than the stick-in-the-mud version.

• Mrs. Peele says:

I agree – I also like Cas part 2. I think he is behaving more like the future Cas did in ‘The End’ – This may a good way for him to stay on in s.8 as a new Cas and not the Angel. He was very cute with Meg as well, although I think she liked the old Cas better. It was a good epis and a shock ending. Two epis left! Pins and needles time! Glad they got renewed because I’d be very upset with a cliff hanger that required something more to end it and we didn’t have the opportunity to see it.

16. L says:

Does anyone from The CW read the comments on this site? I hope Nikita gets renewed.

17. pam says:

CSI N.Y. is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Jake says:

If Nikita got have as much attention as TVD on TVLINE, which seems to post everyday something about the TVD. I am sure the ratings would be much better..I would love to see how TVD would hold up on a Friday night time slot.

• TVLINE gives a lot of attention to Nikita. I gotta give credit where its due.

• kavyn says:

Yes, TVLine always has at least one or two things about Nikita each week. If anything TVLine promotes this CW show more than the other CW bubble shows. Like blueARQL said, we have to give credit where it’s due :). Thank you TVLine for supporting Nikita the best you can, all we can hope for is a renewal and possibly a timeslot change.

• Scott says:

I agree with Jake about TVD…there is a post everyday pretty much…They do post about Nikita, but not nearly as much!

19. I absolutely love Nikita. I just bought the first season so my sister could watch it. It is smart, action-packed, and exciting. More than that, though, it is heart-felt and full of great characters. It really does just keep getting better. I really hope the CW gives it a 3rd season, and does a little more to help it succeed.

20. mjjc says:

I really like NIKITA. Hope they will renew this TV series. I just introduced it to my brother and let him watch season 1 and 2 and he loved it. Hoping also that Secret Circle will be renewed for the next season. :-D I’ts impossible for someone not to like NIKITA one they start to watch it.

21. TriColor says:

I think Its time for Nikita to say byebye! I mean, the fans are saying its a not ateen show but Michael goes on a mission have sex with a women and get her pregnant and then learned he had a 5 years old. A teen doesn’t know how to put a condom not a men! There’s also the fact that Alex has like 3 crush also reminds me of a teen show, and seeing Nikita in drugs(flasback) also reminds me of teens stuff, it doesn’t mean because theres some gun and killing in the show that it means its not a teen show.

Nikita should just let another pilot have its chance! HOD is very good and interesting!
    Nikita is loosing fans and if it gets renewed, it will loose many other fans along the way.

• Annie says:

I think what you described were scenarios that affect the human experience, adult as well as teen, so I don’t think you can cite that as purely teenage behavior, lol. As an adult woman, I don’t see Nikita as a teen show at all because its not revolving around teen characters and the traditional teen experience like first love, high school proms, cheerleading, 30+ year adult actors playing high school students, crazy, flirty love triangles and other teen drama/shenanigans.

I do want to mention that the CW has stereotyped itself into a long history of producing ‘comfortable’, flirty relationship, comedy-drama shows. HOD is another in this tradition, not to say it isn’t pleasant and successful as a light-hearted drama. I do want to point out that the CW has no history of creating adult-oriented, critically-acclaimed, action shows. Nikita is a first for the network in many respects. I think it deserves a place on the line-up because its pushing the network towards more varied programming outside of its comedy-drama stasis.

• The Max/Cassandra story line was a misfire but do 200 people need to lose their jobs if CW cancels the show because of one bad story line? Also Max/Cassandra was hardly a major plot for this season. And those who aren’t Mikita shippers would not have cared about it either way. Also Nikita is actually gaining fans every week.

• LJ says:

The show has NEVER stated Michael didn’t use a condom. That’s a statement made by fans who couldn’t handle the story line. It slays me that people can accept the idea of trained assassins with a ton of emotional damage falling in love but can’t deal with this. Birth control fails, get over it. Nikita is a teen show? Alex is the closest to a teen and she must be almost 20 by now. All the regular characters are in their 20’s or 30’s or older. Nikita was a teenage drug addict who killed a cop. If you’ve seen the movie ‘La Femme Nikita’ which the series is based on you’d know that. So yes the flashbacks are of her in her late teens – kudos to Maggie for pulling that off. The flashbacks are either her early days in Division or her days with Carla. No shopping at malls or mooning over boys in those scenes. Alex escaped her life as a sex slave and drug addict. Michael and Sean both lost their families to the same black ops organization. Doesn’t sound like any teen show I’ve seen. ‘Nikita’ has a strong international fan base because the characters and plot go beyond the experiences of a North American teenager. Sounds like you have an axe to grind. Go support HOD if that’s what you like. No one’s stopping you. Just know that Nikita gains fans steadily. The few who can’t handle the story lines know where the exit is.

22. loca says:

Nikita deserves a third season. hope CW can hear us out. :)

23. May says:

“bubble show Nikita (1.24 mil/0.4)” I want to die every time I read this: (Nikita is such an amazing show for is lost on the CW. Not think that someone who started watching the show and understood can stop watching. I think the problem is that people do not watch live . I’m from Brazil and watch online on a site that has nothing to do with CW. who tells my audience? Nikita is incredible and has renewed it. the best would be if it were to another station that had the style of the show as it happened with Southland has just been renewed for 5th season. # SaveNikita

24. JC says:

Keep watching guys we need to get it back to at least a 5 in the demo. I hope it gets adjusted up but I would rather have a 4 than a 3 :)

25. poptracker says:

I am a hardcore Nikita fan and proudly so and ive been campaignly loudly to save it. I honestly havent seen others posting negatively about other shows just to promote Nikita and i for one dont feel the need to. Nikita’s quality speaks for itself. It really fustrates me how poorly it does in the ratings, but i knew this would happen when CW announed it would be moving it to Fridays this season. Well if ratings determined everything, the CW would cease to exist as a network so i hope they do the right thing and give the show another chance in a different time slot!

26. brian says:

i’m also a proud nikita fan, and i think its one of the best shows on tv. not only because it doesnt jurk viewers around like other shows such as: the mentalist -gossip girl/ 90210/castle/bones.
    The writers of nikita make decisions about the characters. and are not scared about bringing love interests-characters together.

because if you look at other shows, they keep dragging it out because they´re scared of what happens when they put them together.
    scared that the show will bleed out, so they dont make choices at all.

i think its better the make decisions and fail, then to be scared to make decisions at all, only the stay on the air and drag it out 6-7-8 seasons of tease and jurking fans around.

but that my opinion

• raven says:

Who exactly on The Mentalist are they supposed to put together but are jerking us around about? Jane and Lisbon? It’s never been suggested that their feelings for each other go any deeper than friendship.

• raven says:

Or are you talking about Red John? Because I don’t see that being resolved until the end of the series, and as a writer myself, I get why it has to happen that way.

27. Ryan says:

Nikita is a great show,great story lines,great casts and superb acting skills…action,drama,dash of comedy…we need season 3 and mores!!!!

28. Ryan says:

If cw renew gossip girl is really DUMB!!!!
    The casts even don’t know how to act..story lines even worse!!!

29. Ryan says:

CW NEED RENEW NIKITA OR TRANSFER TO BIGGER NETWORK….PERIOD

30. blingedup says:

Shark Tank is my new favorite show. I love it.

31. Viola says:

Fringe renewed doesn’t mean you have to stop watching LIVE. Season finale next week and hope that the ratings will uptick. To Nikita fans, I totally understand your feelings. Good luck to all of you!!

32. oliver says:

on the CW side, Nikita is their best show in years. I think its doing well considering its on a friday night. Its should definitely get a renewal, at least for one more season in order to give it a justifiable ending. What the heck are the cw execs thinking? Gossip Girl should be axed, it got lower than 1mil viewers more than once as of late. Even Nikita didn’t go to such lows. I believe wat should definitely be renewed: NIkita, TVD, Secret Circle(the story has really got me going), Ringer(omg even ringer didn’t get such low viewers as GG had). And what should definitely get axed: GG, 90210. i think its a nobrainer. and gosh hope they dont replace them with another trash such as the carrie diaries. its gonna be just another GG. it would be “another song, but the same dance”.

• Tyger says:

I agree, the CW should just axe 90210 and GG already. I don’t understand why they keeping GG when the writers lost almost all their audience. I remembered eps where they almost had a 2.0 rating and over 3 mill viewers. Now they are even lucky to break 1.5 mill and 1.0 rating!!!
      Nikita is just amazing. I really wish more people would see it.
      I hope they at least consider moving it to the summer schedule if they want their other pilots to take the fall schedule.

33. Shaun says:

I think the CW has to ditch their Wednesday lineup and go all Drama shows.Either that or open up the 10pm slots for more programming.Seems like they force perfectly good shows onto Friday to make way for new shows to take their lead in(TSC did it to Nikita).Nikita should become a cable show and put on a night with Covert Affairs.

34. sarah says:

CRAP, that is not good for CSI NY, I love that show along with Blue Bloods, it is a great Friday night combo!! URGH please CBS renew CSI NY.

35. Velvet says:

People actually watch Nikita?