True Blood Season 5 Photopalooza: Chris Meloni, Cougar Town's Barb, a Super-Glam Pam & More

Det. Stabler is back, and he’s out for blood.

HBO has released a slew of fresh images from True Blood‘s upcoming fifth season, and included in the batch is a first look at Chris Meloni’s ancient/powerful vampire.

RELATED | What’s [Spoiler]’s Top-Secret True Blood Mission?

Other new arrivals featured in the following photo gallery include  Cougar Town‘s Carolyn Hennesy, Spartacus‘ Peter Mensah and Italian actress Valentina Cervi.

True Blood‘s 12-episode run kicks off Sunday, June 10 at 9/8c.

Scroll through the pics and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories.

1. I didn’t realize Carolyn Hennessy was going to be on this season!

2. ninamags says:

Alistair! Wow!

3. rednihilist says:

Oh, Christ, a kid vampire ancient? LOVE IT!

• Nicotine says:

It was even better the first time… When Buffy the Vampire Slayer did it.

• Vampire Facts R Us says:

Except, as I said further down thread, Joss wasn’t the first guy to come up with the idea of a child vampire. If you’re going to accuse True Blood of not being original then you’ll have to accuse Joss of the same. Just ask Kirsten Dunst!

• Marina Sabino says:

Have you ever heard about a little book called “Interview with the Vampire”. There’s a child vampire: Claudia. In 1993, they made a film and Kirsten Dunst was Claudia.

• Delece says:

Exactly!

• TheBeach says:

Being Human also did it last year. Aiden turned a kid that was about to die.

• lau says:

Actually, “Being Human” UK, the original and very british series, did it 2 years before the american-canadian version. Mitchell, played by Aidan Turner(the Syfy vampire’s name is not a coincidence), reluctantly turned a teenager into a vampire in order to save his life…sort of.

• wordsmith says:

Really, I just hope the found a kid who can pull it off. I’ve seen too many “ancients” played by kids and teens who just don’t have the gravitas to sell that they’re as old and wise as they’re supposed to be.

• lil9th says:

I hope it’s going to be Alexi from the Romanov ‘s that was a storyline from the books I thought had been abandoned .If so that kid has a lot to live up to! I HOPE it’s him! !!!

• fiona says:

coul the kid be a romanov? =P

4. Lauren says:

Chris Meloni + Alexander Skarsgard = *swoon*

5. Anna says:

I don’t watch this show but I would actually consider starting watching it just to see Chris Meloni.

I’ve missed him on my tv screen :(

6. Emma says:

SHIVA KAMINI SOMA KANDARKRAM!

7. I did not realize Peter Mensah was in the upcoming season. Awesome!

8. Wrstlgirl says:

MELONI !!!

9. Danielle H says:

Chris. Mel. O. Ni.
    SWOON…
    and wtf is up w/ Lala’s hair. Damn boy, fix that weave.

10. Isaac says:

Didn’t know Christopher Heyerdahl was gonna be in this season

• Sloan says:

OMG thats who he is! I kept looking at the picture, trying to figure out where I know him from. Sanctuary!

11. Martin says:

kid vampire, slight Buffy Season1/Season2 ripoff, no??

• Vampire Facts R Us says:

As much as I love all of Whedon’s work, giving Joss credit for coming up with the idea of a child vampire isn’t all that fair. It’s an idea that has been used multiple times in fiction over the years, including the movie Interview With The Vampire, from back in 1994. So if True Blood is ripping off Joss then Joss ripped off Anne Rice, no?

• aleksa says:

Actually, Interview with the Vampire (the novel) came out in the 70s.

• Vampire Facts R Us says:

I know. I have a copy that dates back almost that far. But as we were talking about television I thought it best to limit the conversation to live action examples. Hence why I used the movie as an example, rather than the book.

12. aleksa says:

I know the focus is going to be on Meloni, but let’s just say it….

Peter Mensah: giggity.

13. tvdiva says:

No pictures of Tara. She must survive, because on IMDB the actress is shown working in episodes for this season.

14. tlbrownlie says:

dam does Christopher Heyerdahl look good

15. S says:

Lafayette looks upset :( awe I just want to give him a big hug. Poor guy lost his man now possibly his cousin. WTH… ahh I can’t wait is it June yet? …lol

16. Law & Order: Special Vampires Unit.

17. matt says:

Can’t wait to see Chris Meloni on True Blood! I can’t even watch SVU w/o him, he is wonderful!

18. Isabelle says:

I’m always mad at the show about one thing or all of them but without fail I can’t wait for June!

19. Wendy says:

Forever Knight had a story about a kid turned vampire back in the early ’90s – before Buffy/Angel was a glint. But I think Anne Rice even beat FK.

• Vampire Facts R Us says:

Technically not the same thing I suppose but Highlander the Series used a similar idea as well. An Immortal child, hundreds of years older than he appeared to be and ten times as dangerous. It’s definitely not an underused concept.

20. wordsmith says:

After all the fawning over the guys (not that I can blame you, ladies and gents) – can I just say that Lucy Griffiths looks pretty amazing, and Deborah Ann Woll looks even more adorable than usual.

21. Delece says:

There are child Vampire characters in the series of Sookie Stackhouse Books that the TV show is based on. Check it out!

22. Lisa says:

I know he’s not pictured but I’m looking forward to Denis O’Hare coming back this season too.
    He is always a hot mess !

23. theresa says:

Love this show & was happy about Chris being on it but so excited about Carolyn! Love her on GH & Cougartown. I would love to see her & Pam going at it, lol.

24. pat ptacek says:

Chris looks just like he did in SVU Guess being a vampre isn’t that far from his detective role LOL

25. Samantha says:

Who cares that there is a child vamp all shows/movies copy each other on things all the time. get over it. just hope its written well @@

26. Russ says:

I feel like the first picture is Sookie driving Lafayette home after burying Tara and he is freak cause he knows that she hates vamps and doesn’t know how she will react to her being turned into one.

27. KateDFW says:

Was that Tony Todd (The Candyman), I saw in there? I love him! Can not wait for June 10th!!! Should be another fun year!!

28. Hyde says:

Dear Lord wont the stylists of the show do something with Lafayette’s hair?! He’s supposed to be a young feisty gay man with style… not the little girl from The Crow. I seriously hate his hair last season and apparently this one too.

29. Ciara says:

Who is the sharon Osbourne lookalike going to be?

30. This season is gonna be interesting coz after book 4 I lost interest/read them so quickly they all melded together so I have NO idea what’s gonna happen.

Also, looks like they are *barely* following the books anymore anyway.