Game Over Too Soon For Renly? Is Once Plane Crazy for Lost? Mad About Megan? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries about Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Smash, NCIS , Revenge and other shows!

1 | Before we get started here: Is everyone out of tech now? We’d hate to stress you out.

2 | How about the look that Fringe‘s Bolivia shot Lincoln Lee? Glad we got to see the badass blush before the intra-universe bridge closed. And surely that incredible Walter/Walternate scene will get John Noble the Emmy love he deserves, right?!

3 | Raise your hand if you weren’t quite ready for the death of Game of Thrones‘ supercute King Renly, especially at the hands of Lost‘s Smoke Monster?

RELATED | New Spoiler Alert!: Silencing Smash’s Ellis, Casting Kalinda’s Wife Hubby and Blind Intel!

4 | How risky was it for The Good Wife producers to let the audience hear the deep, distinctive voice of Kalinda’s husband before actually casting the role? What happens if they hire Pee-wee Herman?

5 | Were you surprised that Once Upon a Time‘s Pinocchio/whale special effects were as good as they were? And did you catch the Oceanic Airlines plane that roared over young Pinocchio’s head after his trip through the wardrobe?

Mad Men Jessica Pare| Does Matthew Weiner really think the Megan character is interesting/fascinating/complicated enough to justify all the screen time she’s stealing away from Peggy and Joan?

| Was there a sweeter, more quietly romantic admission of love anywhere on TV this season than the one Gossip Girl‘s Dan offered to Blair this week? And while we’re always up for a good scheme-filled episode, does anyone actually understand what the heck is going on between Diana, Jack, Bart (?!), Chuck, Nate, Lola and Serena?

10 | Bones‘ Emily Deschanel: Prettier than ever since becoming a momma?

PHOTO | Exclusive NCIS: LA Finale First Look: Um, Why Is Hetty at the Morgue?

11 | Now that Smash‘s Derek has bedded both Ivy and Rebecca, there’s really no way anyone can be rooting for an endgame where he winds up with Karen, right? And how about that magical train that runs between NYC’s Grand Central Station and Boston!

12 | Was the RuPaul’s Drag Race reunion show a little too staged for your liking?

13 | Which Voice fans out there wanted to swat Adam Levine’s pretty head when he explained he’d tilted his votes 60-40 for Tony Lucca over Katrina Parker in the semifinals, mostly because of his “bromance” with the former Mickey Mouse Clubber?

14 | Wait, NCIS‘ Tony has bikini photos of Ziva? How? From when?

15 | Couldn’t you watch a whole episode of NCIS: LA‘s Deeks trading zingers with Hawaii Five-0‘s Danny? Oh, and just what sort of boudoir “costumes” do you think Kensi was referring to…?

16 | Any theories as to where Quinn has been on Glee? Out-of-state rehab facility? Wheelchair dance camp? And can we all agree that the show’s rendition of Florence + the Machine’s “Shake It Out” far surpassed Smash‘s bat mitzvah version?

17 | To the few who watched (sadly): How about that shocker of an ending on The L.A. Complex?

18 | Anyone else find Jimmy Iovine’s freakout over Jessica Sanchez’s American Idol minidress a little weird when it wasn’t all that much more revealing than those worn by fellow teens Skylar Laine and Hollie Cavanagh?

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Grey’s Anatomy, Castle, Bones, Homeland, HIMYM and More!

19 | Were those white flakes superimposed onto some of this week’s Revenge scenes on par with the Ringer boat ride? Also, if the Graysons were keeping such a close eye on David Clarke in jail, how’d they let all of his notebooks — including the one he was writing in just before his death! — get into Nolan’s hands?

20 | How awesome was the Happy Endings reference on New Girl? And how perfect was the casting of “Asian Jess”?

21 | Can we get, ASAP, a special Modern Family episode featuring Young Phil Dunphy “wind blowing through my perm, blasting some Hall & Oates, maybe horsing around with my Mr. Microphone”?

22 | Wasn’t it all the more delightful seeing Survivor imbecile Kat get her tearful comeuppance at Tribal Council just minutes after boasting to Jeff Probst that “blindsides are always fun and exciting”?

23 | How did you fare on the two polls we ran weeks ago about last night’s Grey’s Anatomy? Also, how is it that Eric Dane, who plays Mark, looks 10 years younger than he did at the start of this season?

RELATED | The CW Renews Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and 90210

24 | Parks and Recreation‘s Andy re-enacting the pie incident on perpetual loser Jerry’s face was so wrong it was perfectly right, yes? (Jim O’Heir told us they did about 12 takes!)

25 | Big Bang Theory‘s Amy Farrah Fowler as a Star Trek nurse: TV’s best sight gag in recent months? And who was hoping Penny would actually surprise Leonard with a “yes” at the end?

26 | Doesn’t Siri sound like she’s about to smack Zooey Deschanel when she asks if it’s (obviously) raining?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. ali says:

I loved the way Dan told Blair those three words very simply and sweetly, now I just hope Blair says it back soon! I love dan and blair together and I hope they make it!

2. Stacey says:

.14 The pics are from when he and Ziva were in LA protecting the now deceased director Jenny Shepherd.

• waterfallbooks says:

Yeah, I was wondering how they missed that!

• Nerwen Aldarion says:

LOL I haven’t watched the show in YEARS and even I knew the answer to this question LOL. Come on TV Line, you can do better than that!

• Maria says:

He also had them up in his sleeping quarters during the episode “Agent Afloat.”

• meggo says:

How did everyone miss that? If you are a fan, you should know!

• Tony says:

They were also brought up to be on McGee’s computer…They keep popping up throughout the series. BTW that episode from the season 5 final was actually just on USA this week.

• sladewilson says:

“Judgement Day” part one – Ziva by the pool. Tony keeps setting up Tim about deleting the photos. We already know Tony has a secret stash of blackmail items…

• Kim R says:

Exactly. We know our NCIS! :)

• Al says:

He took the pictures,after all.He’d have the memory card.Remember the episode where Ziva found out McGee still had them on his computer?DiNozzo put them there,mostly for fun,and to see what what would happen-since he still had the memory card.Pictures are good to hold on.

3. Jake says:

I hated the Drag Race finale. It felt generic.

4. Ava says:

9.) Does anyone really care what Bart, Jack, Diana, etc etc are doing? Gossip Girl is so unfocused lately.
    21.) This is the problem with MF, IMO. I feel like if Parks & Rec or Community or even New Girl had mentioned that a character had a perm at one point in the way MF mentioned it we would have seen a brief sight gag flashback. MF just doesn’t go there and I think that makes it a weaker show.
    22.) YES! YES! A million times yes! This was the best blindside I’ve ever seen because Kat was so obviously convinced that she was the blindsider not the blindsidee. Great. Even better when you watch her full on mental breakdown on her way to Ponderosa.

• Carmichael says:

Not that I normally defend the Office Clone Modern Family, the thing there is that wouldn’t quite work in the show unless Phil were to do a brief talking head with the picture.

• tripoli says:

The only way it’s at all like The Office is the documentary style interviews. Completely different shows in every other way.

• Meghan says:

Well, you have to remember that Modern Family is filmed in the documentary style, so the only “flashbacks” they could do would be pictures or home movies.

5. #2 – “And surely that incredible Walter/Walternate scene will get John Noble the Emmy love he deserves, right?” It better. Just sayin’

6. Mike says:

That wasn’t the only Happy Endings joke on New Girls. They made a reference to Coach, and said he went to hang out with another group of white friends, or something like that. Both shows are awesome, and they keep getting better.

7. Blu says:

10. YES. YES. YES.

8. Melly says:

Nothing says sweet declaration of love like saying it in a fit of jealousy after lying to your girlfriend and stalking her. Oh did I mention giving up a huge opportunity to stay home and monitor her SO ROMANTIC! LOL So in answer to your question no matter how many times you write or how hard Gossip Girl tries to make us believe it because I actually watch the show I will tell you that Dan is once and always the King of Douche Boyfriends.

9. Carol says:

To answer question 23, Mark shaved off that beard. That’s why he looks 10 years younger.

• Ava says:

Also looks like he dyed his hair. He had that sexy salt and pepper thing going on before. Now it’s like honey brown and not as nice.

• CC says:

I’m thinking he also looks younger because the “new” baby he has at home is probably sleeping better by now than when they were filming earlier in the season.

• Erin says:

I think it looks like he’s lost weight. His face looks a lot thinner and I think that’s the big difference.

10. Lori says:

#26 YES! I thought that last night! Her “Yes,” sounds like “DUH, it’s raining.”

11. Lee says:

Holy crap on #5…I made that EXACT comment to my wife as we watched!

12. nikki says:

A lot of things on Revenge makes no sense. I think this should have been like American Horror Story. One season, one story.

If John Noble doesn’t at least get nominated for an Emmy, then the Emmy’s don’t know anything about what good tv and good acting is.

13. Alex says:

I’ve actually REALLY enjoyed these past few episodes of Gossip Girl. Soapy parental drama galore!

14. Daniela says:

#4 Not risky if they have already casted someone in the role the public doesn’t know about.
    #6 Yes he does. But I for one don’t agree. She’s not only stealing screen time from Peggy and Joan but also Betty, who has been barely on this season. Megan was nice when the season started but she really gets on my nerves now.
    #23 Shaved the beard and dyed his hair – and he does look fantastic!!! <3

• Ava says:

I believe January Jones was on maternity leave during filming so she probably had a very light schedule.

• Amanda says:

#6. Agreed. Megan is not worth this much time, she’s my least fave and with a cast this huge and awesome I feel like we’re really missing out.

• Billie says:

#23 – Yes! Oh my god yes. The lighter hair at the start of the season somehow drew attention to a receding hairline and the darker hair covers it up. God he looks good.

15. sarah says:

Karen will not sleep with Derek she knows better! So now that Dev has proven to be unfaithful, after getting super upset at Karen and Derek for hitting on her AND she did not let it go past that, Dev does not deserve Karen. We need a new hot guy for her.
    When Eric Dane started out on Grey’s he was having issued substance abuse issues and when he found out Rebecca was pregnant with their second daughter he cleaned up his act and these days he is looking as hot as he did when he was on Charmed.
    I would totally love a Deeks and Danny episode I also think seeing Steve and Sam Hanna together would be great too!

• Russ says:

I’m pissed that Smash just destroyed Karen and Ivy friendship, they are so funny together and I love all their duets. But come on Ivy how many people are named Dev, use that brain.

• Erin says:

She knows exactly who he is. And he knew her as soon as she said her name is Ivy. That’s the whole point.

16. sarah says:

Oh and I would love to see a Modern Family. Phil flashback.

17. Becca says:

the answer to question 14
    At the hotel pool in LA. Great throwback for longtime fans

18. Renee says:

15 | NCIS: LA‘s Deeks trading zingers with Hawaii Five-0‘s Danny. They were hilarious! And the actors seemed to be having such a good time.

19. Daveedtjr says:

LA COMPLEX, TOTALLY BLINDSIDED US, TOO. Are my wife and I the only ones watching ??

• dude says:

Trust me, having seen all the episode when they aired here, that storyline is going to become the best part of the series. Their final scene in the season finale is possibly the most shocking thing I’ve ever seen on television. (Okay…maybe that’s an exaggeration).

• Russ says:

I KNOW ME TOO! I felt a strange vibe going on, but was like no way and then BOOM!
      PEOPLE YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS SHOW IT IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING ON THE CW and probably half the other show on tv!!!!!!!!!

20. Corinne says:

Was a shirtless Gendry (Joe Dempsie) one of the best things ever to grace the Game of Thrones? Yes.

21. Sara says:

26) have I missed something? When did that happen?

• Maris says:

I’m guessing you watch TV on the DVR lol the author is referring to an iphone commercial featuring Zooey in pajamas in her home and we hear it raining outside while she asks Siri if it’s raining… (I have my shows recorded too but can’t help pressing play for this commercial, Zooey is too adorkable lol)

22. katy says:

Why do people dislike Megan? I personally find her to be an awesome and intriguing character.

• Lee says:

I am tired of the Megan show. What is so great about her? As far as I’m concerned, she’s just another gold digger. How original, Matt. One week she loves Don. The next week she hates Don. This week she’s back to loving him again., One of the best dramas on TV has turned into a gloriied soap opera.

• ES says:

I don’t understand how you can watch a show like Mad Men and yet have such a superficial view of a character and behavior. Nobody on Mad Men is simple, they are all complicated people.
        It sounds like you’ve watched too many soap operas because what Weiner does it is great because he makes the people human and what unfolds each season is totally opposite of what traditional television feeds us.

• tripoli says:

Mad Men as a whole is terribly overrated. If by traditional television you mean boring, then Mad Men has it spot on. I started watching only recently to see what all the fuss was about. Have watched every episode and still think it’s pretty mediocre. There was some pretty interesting story lines that seemed to just vanish, never to be touched upon again. I’m obviously in the minority, but with all that in mind, Megan is still the absolute worst part of the show. Makes me want anyone but her to get some more screen time, and I’m not too fond of many of the main characters. Here’s hoping she gets a long over due death scene, real soon.

• Lindsey says:

I couldn’t have said it better myself, tripoli. I watched all of the seasons on Netflix recently. I enjoyed it to an extent, but I found it completely overrated as well. I watched the first one or two episodes this season and got bored with it to the point that I didn’t remember/care to watch it when it was on. I liked Megan until she and Don got married. Maybe she’s gotten better in the last few weeks, but I’m just not interested enough to find out. Even though some may be good as characters, I would have to say that few of the characters are actually likeable. I don’t find myself rooting for most of them.

23. Chase says:

6) I’ve really come around on the Megan character… not just for being an awesome barrier-breaking female, but for the effects she is having on Don. I feel like this season is practically a new, equally good, series.

• tripoli says:

Yeah, that angry, lingerie clad cleaning, leading into angry sex was so barrier breaking. Great job Megan!

24. Trina says:

New question – what is it about Olivia on Scandal that will make someone break their vows to his new fiance and another torture/kill/ have a breakdown in order to please her?? I do not get it!

25. Stacey says:

14. Tony took pictures of Ziva in LA when they were supposed to be protecting Jenny. Just before she dies. It was shown again in Agent Afloat. But hasn’t been mentioned in eons. Love the mention…

26. meggo says:

#5: Heck yes! I about flipped out when I saw that. lol.

27. thiagofls says:

Megan has been growing a lot on me, too. Unlike Betty, whom I haven’t been missing at all, she actually makes me root for her marriage to Don to work out. And I don’t think she’s been stealing screen time from Peggy and Joan, who still get the same usual amount of scenes.

28. Sarah says:

9. I love everything and everything about Dan and Blair. They have reinvigorated the show for me. Watching these two slowly start to fall for one another is the best written couple this show has ever done. Thank God we aren’t having to suffer through Blair with Chuck who clearly does not care about her. As long as they keep Dan and Blair going, I am in this show.

29. MM says:

Re #7: If strippers make that much money in a year, why the hell are my clothes still on?

30. Maris says:

#2 Noble is so winning an Emmy. Also, I’m really hoping we get to see the alternate universe again. It seems poor Lincoln is always unlucky with Olivia in every universe and timeline.
    #10 As a fan of both Deschanel’s I find Emily to look even more beautiful post-baby.
    #13 Though I did scoff at that. I think the bigger topic is Jamar v Juliet I mean c’mon it so should have been 50-50 they’re both fantastic in they’re own talented way!
    #19 I was wondering that too, but I wondered more why Emily didn’t notice there were more entries missing, aren’t they dated? Did she just think he just stopped writing?
    #20 Are they going to bring Coach back if Happy Endings gets canceled? What would that mean for Winston? Is that why they haven’t given him much depth? Are we suppose to hop back and forth between ”the black character”

31. Carmichael says:

~
    The effects weren’t bad. I of course saw the plane but didn’t notice the logo, didn’t think to look for it.
    ~
    7 | Did we hear it wrong or did How I Met Your Mother‘s Barney say that Quinn makes $500,000 per year stripping?
    ~
    Well that could just be what Barney THINKS she makes or is worth.
    ~
    8 | 2 Broke Girls‘ idea of the New York City subway system is skewed, right? Making people jump over a large gap underground after evacuating a car? Not gonna happen. Also, maybe they should have invested in a cooler for those cupcakes?
    ~
    Yeah but total realism wouldn’t benefit the comedy. If we’re willing to put up with so much with Glee, why can’t we cut 2 Broke Girls a little slack? As for the cooler, that part i bought because they’re still figuring things out.
    ~
    14 | Wait, NCIS‘ Tony has bikini photos of Ziva? How? From when?
    ~
    I think the more important question here is did he share them? If so, I might have to go check that scene out. Just because I’m still bitter Near Completely Indistinguishable Series fans helped Ziva beat Sarah Walker doesn’t mean I don’t think she’s a good looking woman in her own right. I just prefer Sarah.
    ~
    That part of the school that we never see, like the part where Minkus and Mr. Turner were on Boy Meets World.
    ~
    It’s always fun when two great shows give each other love. And Asian Jess was cast quite well I agree.
    ~
    24 | Parks and Recreation‘s Andy re-enacting the pie incident on perpetual loser Jerry’s face was so wrong it was perfectly right, yes? (Jim O’Heir told us they did about 12 takes!)
    ~
    That’s why Parks and Rec is but ONE of the shows that’s funnier than the Office clone Modern Family.
    ~
    Who said she was a nurse? She could have been a doctor, you don’t know. But yes, it was a great sight gag. And a yes would have so shifted the dynamic of the show in a great way.
    ~
    Now I LOVE me some Zooey Deschanel, but that commercial makes me want to think about rethinking that, if for no other reason than my despising Apple. Very similar with how I feel Samuel L. Jackson lost a little of his coolness for doing his.

32. sladewilson says:

Samuel L. Jackson’s cool is infinite. And he makes up for it as Nick Fury…

• Carmichael says:

I can sort of agree with that. Mace Windu and that tight white outfit Natalie Portman wore in Attack of the Clones were about the best things in the prequels. Still, it stings a little every time I see someone I like using/shilling Apple products

33. tatvl says:

god i hate dan… i just hate him so much, and no that was not the sweetest thing ever. “I love you, you know that right?” NO! Chuck’s was way better… And Dan only said it because he was worried she would dump him for chuck, after he followed them around, and lied to her about the job in rome because he didnt trust her.

34. Leah says:

19. Nothing beats the Ringer boat ride.

23. Better April than any of the others. Eric may look better but the acting is getting worse IMO.

26. Favorite commercial.

35. D says:

The NCIS Tony – Ziva bikini photos / blackmail bit has been going on for years. The pics are from when they were both assigned to protect Jenny Shepherd in California. Tony took them and swore he deleted them. Through the years they have popped up on set (they were in Tony’s room when he was on the Seahawk and on McGee’s PC at one point) and in conversation – usually with Tony “threatening” Ziva with revealing them. Tony has allegedly deleted them several times.

36. Beth says:

Yeah, the Dan/Blair in the last episode was so coupley and cute, I hope Blair says I Love You back before it’s too late!

And guys, I have already forgotten Kalinda’s husband’s voice.

And EW, Derek slept with Rebecca??? Actually I might need to check that out…

37. Risa says:

Eric Dane (Mark) in Grey’s Anatomy started looking younger when they did that alternate reality episode and he dyed his hair.

• Tarc says:

Well, I think he mostly just looks *different* – a first child in the house and zero sleep will do that.

38. Talia says:

I will miss Renly Baratheon on GoT. I knew he would die eventually but didn’t think it would happen so soon. Would have loved to have seen Gethin Anthony used more in the first episodes.

Renly joins Viserys Targaryan & Khal Drogo in GoT hot guy heaven.

• samantha says:

It’s sad to read the books and know this “heaven” of yours will soon be crowded! Stop killing everybody George!

39. A says:

Renlyyyyyyyy. :( I wish they had given him more screentime before they offed him.

40. murley says:

24. every week andy does something so hilarious it kills me. his recreations of his favorite movies during the debate episodes were my favorites. i want to see all my favorite movies reenacted in their entirety b andy/chris pratt.

41. Mark says:

“Anyone else find Jimmy Iovine’s freakout over Jessica Sanchez’s American Idol minidress a little weird when it wasn’t all that much more revealing than those worn by fellow teens Skylar Laine and Hollie Cavanagh?”

It wasn’t about revealing too much, it was about the whole underage prostitute look of the outfit. Listen, I like all three of those girls, but Jessica’s outfit was abominable. #telljimmy he was right this time.

• houserocks1 says:

I agree. Jennifer was right and you are too. The dress was too tight and the aim is to appeal to all demographics to get votes. Jessica is only 16. The stylists need to do a reality check.and not sabotage her.

• CAM says:

Agreed. And Hollie and Skylar didn’t have the same look.

• grace2552 says:

I’m sorry, but the dress, provocative as it might have been (I personally thought it was pretty bad) wasn’t 1/1000th as distasteful as calling a 16 year-old girl out on the sluttiness of her outfit on live national television. Talk to her behind the scenes – or better yet talk to the people dressing her! – girls develop complexes for much less than that. Jimmy should be ashamed of himself.

42. Re: #3.. I was disappointed to see King Renly leave so fast. Thought the actor who played him did a good job. Figured he would of gotten to battle his brother before he died. Shame.

43. Kat Van Woodsen says:

The CW cut about 6 seconds of the ending of the LA Complex! I HATE censorship!!!

44. Anna says:

I thought one of the surprising things of the week was Vampire Diaries somewhat killing Klaus! That one made my friend and I scream at the TV, because even though he is the bad guy, we love him! And are hoping that his death doesn’t stick.

45. Icepop says:

15) DAMN STRAIGHT!

46. Stamanah says:

NCIS: The bikini photos of Ziva that Tony has are from their trip to LA at the end of season 5, the same day Jenny was killed.

47. MJ says:

#3 I was sorry Renly died so quickly. He was a decent guy and actually had a shot at taking Kingslanding, specially since he was making a deal with the Starks. I wish we had seen more of him (and more Renly/Loras hot scenes).
    btw that’s not a good picture of Renly. Season 2 Renly looks hotter, the longer hair and beard really suit him.

48. Dark Defender says:

T

#7 HIMYM: I think Quinn told Barney she made that much.. I think Barney believed her (because he is letting her run things) AND I think when it all comes out and he breaks it off with Quinn (possible due to an Intervention) he will say something like he was willing to do anything to make it work because Robin broke his heart .. and then he and Robin will get together and get married.

#21. AFF in Star Trek outfit was genius! A small part of me wanted Penny to say yes, too. This was the best episode on the series for me.

• Dark Defender says:

#3 Totally going to miss Renly’s hot man sex with his brother-in-law… totally bummed!!

49. Andy J says:

I think the freakout over Jessica’s minidress lies in the fact that she is 16, wheras Hollie and Skylar are both over 18.

50. samantha says:

” Raise your hand if you weren’t quite ready for the death of Game of Thrones‘ supercute King Renly, especially at the hands of Lost‘s Smoke Monster?” RIGHT? I was like, what the hell? Somebody better deal with this smoke monster before he transfers to another TV show!