Supernatural Sneak Peek: Dean and Sam Face An Alpha, and [Spoiler] Returns!

Supernatural‘s Sam and Dean are going up against an Alpha (returning guest star Rick Worthy) — and he’s not the only foe back for the May 11 episode.

RELATED | The CW Renews Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and 90210

The Winchesters’ old frenemy Crowley (Mark Sheppard) also stands in the way of their quest to locate three items that will help them defeat the Leviathans.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. WayneInNYC says:

The outset of he season was a major disappointment, but they seem to be pull all the disparated threads of the plot together rather well. I may have to re-think my evaluation of the season.

• Lissa says:

Me too. I thought this season was pretty blah… but it is getting so much better in the last few episodes. Even Dick was slightly frightening (I still find him more humorous then scary though). I know some will disagree, but I think that the return of some familiar faces has made a positive difference. I am so happy that things seem to be coming together and the episodes are “fun” again.

2. So, picture 5… Yeah… I don’t even know why, but that’s kind of a great picture–even by Jensen standards.

3. Nick says:

All I can say is.. Thank GOD Sera Gamble is done. This season, although not terrible, has been on a downward spiral since she took over after Kripke. She has no vision. I have high hopes for Jeremy Carver to bring this show back. And for Heavens sake man! Sign Misha up for full time next season..wtf! U guys killed off every good character on the show this season!

• Exactly :-) completely agree with you. Everyone obviously loves Misha and yet they got rid of him…

• Nate says:

I will agree. I always want to defend Supernatural, but Season 7 has been the weakest. It has had some series highs (Death’s Door, Plucky’s), and the first two episodes were awesome…..and then like last season, the “I’s” and “T’s” seemed to not be crossed as far as consistency and overall season arc. Right now Seasons 6 and 7 are for sure the weakest. The leviathans were a good START, but have puttered along all season. And Sam and Dean seem to care less about Frank being kidnapped? The stand alones have been good (The Mentalists was about as awesome meat&potatoes SPN as it gets, the episode with the hunter father and daughter was also very strong), but we need a better arc next year. Sam’s wall was also hit & miss. It was built up SO MUCH the wall collapse would be life threatening….but was here one day, gone the next. Yes it had a good conclusion, but dragged to much. And WTF ARE the leviathans? Do we care at this point? And why are some monsters killed (Amy) and others appear to be let go (George–a LEVIATHAN no less!?!?). I want Jeremy Carver to come in and bring back the crossed “I’s” and “T’s” and in fact I would love to see Season 9 be the final season! I want two STRONG post-Season5 seasons, so Season 8 & Season 9 are in the mix of the best overall seasons! Have to end by saying regardless of the material, Jensen and Jared have been 100% top of their game every second on the screen.

• Ella says:

Seconded, thirded, thousanded. Misha’s Castiel fit right in and filled a hole we didn’t even know was there. I almost can’t bear to watch without him. They need to fix the Dean/Cas friendship and have Dean stop being such an insensitive ass half the time. Hell, Sam was awesome last week, with his acknowledgement that Castiel only ever tried to do what he thought was right.

4. Frances says:

So happy to see Crowley back. He’s such an awesome character. I’m really looking forward to seeing where the rest of the season goes. And I’m so glad we’re getting a Season Eight!

5. Viv says:

I agree with all those comments the last 4 eps are like a breath of fresh air has been injected into the show :)

6. Annie says:

Oh my, I do love me some Mark Sheppard. He makes everything better. I also agree that this season has really been on an upswing, ever since Bobby’s death (and you’ve no idea how much it hurts me to type those words).

7. GeekGirl13 says:

I love Worthy and Sheppard!!! So glad to see them both back!!!!

8. Kalie says: