Hot Shots: Rookie Blue Arrests William Shatner

The cops of Rookie Blue are back on the beat May 24 (ABC, 10/9c), and we’ve got a sneak peek at the latest citizen given them trouble: William Shatner!

RELATED | Rookie Blue Finale Post Mortem: Andy and Sam’s ‘Normal,’ Luke’s Future, and More

As TVLine first reported, Shatner will play a drunk driver in the Season 3 premiere — a role that “starts comic and ends dramatic,” executive producer Tassie Cameron told us.

Meanwhile, Andy returns to work after being suspended for three months at the end of last season and meets the newest rookie, Nick Collins (Peter Mooney). But we know what you’re really wondering: What’s going on with Andy and her former training officer? This sentence from the official episode description has us slightly worried: “Whether Andy and Sam can reignite the passion they once had may be an even bigger question.”

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. No TJ Hooker or Rescue 911 puns? #fail :P

2. Dryden says:

I see Gregory Smith and can only think, “Bring back Everwood!”

3. Marc says:

No TJ Hooker or Rescue 911 puns! :) :)

4. V says:

Can’t wait!! I’ve waited all year!!

5. SusieEmm says:

I can’t wait for Rookie Blue. I just hope Sam isn’t pining over Andy again all year. I need them back together.

6. Maggie says:

so excited!! question though, has Traci become a detective? did i miss something? I know she took a desk job but I didn’t remember her becoming a detective.

7. tanner15 says:

Aw HELL NO!!!! I DID NOT WAIT FOR 2 SEASONS FOR ANDY AND SAM TO FINALLY GET TOGETHER, FOR THEM TO JUST BE BROKEN APART!!!!!! screw that!

• Nikki says:

Hell no is right! I have waited almost 9 months for rookie blue to come back to see sam and andy be together..please rookie blue, no disappointments. No more sam pining for Andy and no more Luke.
      Lets enjoy sam and andy together with of course a little bit of drama..;)

8. sarah says:

I love this show and wait forever for it to return! I love Sam Swarek! However Andy will get together with the new guy, so where do I sign up to be Sams’ new love interest! LOL! I am Canadian that should help right?
    It looks like Traci is going to trade in her uniform and become a detective. That would explain why they have a new Rookie added to the mix as I am sure that even though it has been 2 years since the show aired, in Rookie Blue time it has been alot less time then that!

• Shaun says:

She seems like least deserving after not doing much last season.Andy or Gail have done tons of undercover work,even Dov had some good takedowns.

9. sarah says:

Okay so I just saw that Peter Mooney is from Winnipeg, just like me! I have to get on this show now!

10. Ava says:

My favorite thing about Rookie Blue is that I don’t miss it through the 9 months it is off air but when it is on I am excited to have it back.

11. Gerald says:

Love my Rookie Blue. So excited it is coming back. Every episode is great but this Wiliam Shatner one looks particularily good. But I would like to start a comment thread as someone being opposed to Andy and Sam being together. I hated when they hooked up. a) he was her training officer and that is just wrong on many levels and b) he was a real tool when he worked so hard to break up Andy and Luke. Yes Luke strayed with an ex he never got closure with (hated when the writers did that) but he was a good guy for Andy. I am not sure what his status is this season but I hope he comes back into Andy’s life. Love Missy and want what is best for her and her character. Go team Luke!!!

• SusieEmm says:

Andy belongs with Sam. He was no longer her training officer when they got together and they have so much history together. and let’s face it Sam cares about her more than Luke does.

12. Jenn says:

Yess so excited for Rookie Blue!! i can’t wait! :)

13. Hannah says:

I just can’t wait!!! I loveeee rookie blue

14. Russ says:

I want to see Dov and Gail!!!

15. carole says:

Fact: Sam never tried to break up Andy and Luke Luke did that himself. Sam was the one who pushed Luke to forgive Andy in Big Nickel!

16. saakshi says:

I totally agreed with the things that all mentioned above buttttt one question is still unresolved what do they mean by” when andy returns to a division after three months” correction- sam was also suspended sooooo they both had suspended for equal time or they don’t???????

17. Ginger15 says:

Luke was just a dead-beat boyfriend. Sam and Andy are ment for eachother no question about it. :)

• Nikki says:

BOOO for Team Luke! LOL…been there done that. Everyone of course is entitled to their own opinion and what they want but Andy does not belong with Luke. I always felt their relationship was forced and that she was trying so hard to make it work. With sam, Andy lights up. She looked so happy when he called her when she was at he bar in the season 2 finale. If the writers put Luke and Andy together i will scream. Its old news now. I think Luke needs to be introduced to a new female character. Of course, problems are in store for Sam and Andy. Check out Globals new promo

• saakshi says:

I dont think that luke needs a new female character……………….actually for luke, jo is perfect. they deserve each other.

18. sue says:

I have waited 9 months for Sam and Andy to be a couple. They belong together after what they went through at the end of last season

19. Ebonee says:

im def team Sam but i agree he doesnt need to be pining over andy all season let andy chase him for a change..on the contrary sam n gail would actually work too she is like the girl version of sam n they did secretly hook up in season 1 n she was the main looking for sam with andy in the finale…jus a thot….but andy n new guy would way 2 be messy considering he was engaged to gail

20. Steph says:

I cannot wait for the new season to start! Rookie Blue is definitely one of my fave shows. I’m rooting for Sam and Andy. I will be super pissed if they don’t end up together!

21. astrid says:

I liked the new Asian guy much better-> the one that was given a look-see in the season 2 finale! Why is he not the new guy? Why some boring-ass soldier-douchebag who seemingly really hurt Gail and is not exactly sensitive about it?

BTW: is there ANY hope of Gail and Chris getting back together?? I REALLY liked them as a couple!!!