What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Friday

On TV this Friday: The Finder tackles a bewitching case, Fringe‘s worlds remain in crisis, Mary Shannon is In Plain Sight for the very last time and more. In addition to TVLine’s  features (linked within), here are eight programs to keep on your radar.

PHOTOS | Nikita Exclusive: ‘Mikita’ Gets Wet and Wild

8 pm The Finder (Fox) | A Miami mob boss (Nestor Serrano, 24) has a strange request: Find the voodoo doll that is working against him.

8 pm Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC) | Parks and Recreation‘s Rashida Jones uncovers information about her grandmother’s pre-marriage life, during a trip that takes her from Manhattan to Ireland — and hopefully includes at least a brief appearance by Mod Squad‘s Peggy Lipton.

PHOTOS | Supernatural Hot Shots: Castiel Is Back… Again!

RELATED | The CW Renews Supernatural and Two Other Shows

9 pm CSI: NY (CBS) | The team investigates the murder of a successful businessman (Rizzoli & Isles‘ Lee Thompson Young aka Jett Jackson) who still felt the pull of his old neighborhood. Sunset Beach‘s Sherri Saum and The Guardian‘s Charles Malik Whitfield also guest-star.

9 pm Fringe (Fox) | A mysterious event causes people to spontaneously combust, forcing Walter to revisit his painful past while the team faces off against David Robert Jones to save the world/worlds. Lost‘s Rebecca Mader guest-stars. (Get scoop on Lincoln Lee’s status, Leonard Nimoy’s return and Season 5.)

9 pm The Comedy Awards Playlist (Comedy Central) | Get warmed up for Sunday’s Comedy Awards with a night of specials featuring performances from 2012 nominees — including Donald Glover, Louis C.K. and Daniel Tosh — and past winners alike.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Axed? What’s on the Bubble?

10 pm In Plain Sight (USA Network) | Series finale: In “All’s Well That Ends,” Mary finds herself caught between her “model” witness and an unexpected family reunion — all while radical changes take place around the office.

10 pm Blue Bloods (CBS) | Danny and Jackie investigate the suspicious death of a high-rolling investor (Pulp Fiction‘s Frank Whaley) who sustained injuries in a fight yet doesn’t have a scratch on his body; Frank places Jamie under house arrest when the Sanfinos put out a hit on “Jimmy Riordan.”

10 pm Real Time With Bill Maher (HBO) | Famed comedian and director Bobcat Goldthwait will appear tonight alongside Ed Schultz and former Secretary of State Colin Powell.

Comments (48)

• so excited about “In Plain Sight,” but so sad at the same time. I’ll miss Mary (and Marshall) a lot.

Comment by kate – May 3, 2012 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So will I…it is such a great show with great writing.

Comment by Kim R – May 4, 2012 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – May 4, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too. Sniff sniff. It had become a must watch for me.

Comment by Melanie – May 4, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i so agree!!! i love this show and mary and marshall together are so great together!! will miss this show being part of my regular rotation. good by mary, marshall and gang you will be missed!!

Comment by Lisa – May 4, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just found this show last year, wonderful cast, inventive stories. So sorry to see it end.

Comment by suzi – May 4, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does anyone know when & were I can fine this in Toronto, Canada area? Our channels are so mixed up. I’ve enjoyed this show and don’t want to miss the last season.

Comment by Shelley – June 1, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural. Can’t miss Castiel coming back.

Comment by Cara – May 3, 2012 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is the only show worth watching for me. I will probably catch up with other shows as well, but Nikita comes first

Comment by m2 – May 3, 2012 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto!

Comment by kavyn – May 3, 2012 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously…why is Nikita not 1st on this list?? With those pool pics? Or just always? Watch Nikita people!

Comment by ndavika – May 4, 2012 03:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • actually it is read the damn links before commenting

Comment by Alan – May 4, 2012 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm!

Comment by Russ – May 3, 2012 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grimm!!

Comment by Terri – May 4, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! There hasn’t been enough Grimm love lately.

Comment by ThankGrimmItsFriday – May 4, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss In Plain Sight so much. I’m glad Marshall realizes he loves Mary before it ends.

Comment by tp – May 4, 2012 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In Plain Sight had a lot of flaws, but those never stopped me from tuning back in week after week. I’ll be sad to see it (and the banterific Mary-Marshall dynamic) draw to a close. You’ve got to hand it to the people at USA; they certainly know how to cast a show

Comment by Mía – May 4, 2012 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, I couldn’t agree more! The chemistry between them has been just fantastic. Perhaps an occasional movie of IPS could pop up ???? HINT: Say Yes Mary & The Gang!

Comment by Kevin in CT – May 4, 2012 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mary and Marshall are the reason I stuck with the show. I love their relationship so much!

It’s sad that the series finally seems to be hitting its stride right as it ends.

Comment by Erin – May 4, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe and In Plain Sight are the must sees for me. I kinda wish they would’ve left Mary and Marshall as partners/best friends than running into the cliche “Oh I love you” bit.

Comment by sladewilson – May 4, 2012 02:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fairly Legal & Magic City

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – May 4, 2012 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm and The Finder for me.

Comment by Renee – May 4, 2012 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Magic city

Comment by Sue – May 4, 2012 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUPERNATURAL for me always on Friday nights! I tape GRIMM to watch later and In Plain Sight another one I like. I too will miss Mary and Marshall. I think they could have gone on a little longer. I stopped watching Fringe because they seemed to always be in the alternate universe world. I liked it in the very beginning.

Comment by Mrs. Peele – May 4, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can you forget Grimm? It’s a great show with a fanatical following that’s only been getting better each week as the season winds down. Check it out!

Comment by jspattzfan – May 4, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They didn’t forget it, they just try to highlight different shows every week. Matt confirmed this is what they try to do. It’s not a reflection on the show if it isn’t listed.

Comment by Renee – May 4, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you; plus, GRIMM has been featured for at least four straight weeks.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 4, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, In Plain Sight, Marshall, Mary, Stan, sigh. I’m going to miss you!

Another show I got hooked on from netflix streaming, but have been watching the last 2 seasons live.

Comment by Tee – May 4, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thats how I found it also, and Im sad to see it go!

Comment by Juilet – May 4, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BLUE BLOODS!

Comment by KBC – May 4, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blle Bloods and Fringe.

Comment by jen – May 4, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Without question, I’ll be saying goodbye to Mary and Marshall, let’s hope Mary returns Marshall’s confession.

Comment by Mack – May 4, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita, Fringe, The Finder & CSI: NY. ;) :D

Comment by Vannesa – May 4, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita

Comment by Brandy – May 4, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI NY (please be renewed) and Blue Bloods! Finally another episode where we get more than 2 minutes of Jaime!

Comment by sarah – May 4, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch: Fringe
    DVR Grimm
    Catch up ON DEMAND with CSI NY over the weekend.

Comment by Tanya (@kirads09) – May 4, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad that In Plain Sight is ending, will miss Mary and Marshall and everyone but at least it had a good run. Hope her comedy gets picked up cause she is awesome

Comment by juan – May 4, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess all I’ll watch is Real Time With Bill Maher. Wish there were more on Fridays.

Comment by Rolfe – May 4, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching FRINGE, The Finder, Nikita, Grimm, CSI: NY, Blue Bloods, Fairly Legal and In Plain Sight. Whew! Very busy Friday night for me.

Comment by Justin – May 4, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finder, Fringe, In Plain Sight. DVRing Supernatural and Blue Bloods. Watching Grimm on On Demand.

Comment by Bella – May 4, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Nikita, Fringe & Real Time W/Bill Maher. DVR Grimm.

Comment by theresa – May 4, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finder
    Supernatural
    Fringe
    In Plain Sight
    Dead Files
    (Grimm online)

Comment by Velvet – May 4, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita

Comment by S – May 4, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 24/7 COTTO! vs Mayweather final episode, weigh in also on HBO. The Ricky Gervais Show at 9. Record some Shark Tank for later. Also the drawn out episode of The Ultimate Fighter Live. Maybe some Bill Maher, out of curiousity to how Bobcat will act. Take note of the manly TV viewing guys. No CW, teenager, or fairy tale shows.

Comment by Man shows for the man cave – May 4, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so sad to see the end of In Plain Sight. They deserved at least a 2 hour finale, not just a routine one hour. Not fair!! I will miss all of them, Friday nights will not be the same anymore this season.

Comment by Ethel – May 4, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In Plain Sight was so sad. I really am going to miss it.

Comment by tp – May 4, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post