First Look: True Blood Season 5 Teaser Poster

Get More: First Look

HBO has unveiled the official teaser poster for True Blood‘s upcoming fifth season, and it’s rather eye-catching.

RELATED: Meet True Blood‘s New Stud

The vampire thriller’s 12-episode run kicks off Sunday, June 10 at 9/8c.

Thoughts on the poster? Do you prefer this campaign over last year’s “Waiting Sucks?”

Tags: ,

Comments (14)

• wish we could get some more info about the upcoming season, this poster dosen’t tell us much.

Comment by alex – May 2, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HBO, why must you do this to me?! I’m starved for more True Blood, but at the same time when it comes back it means Game of Thrones is over for another year!

Comment by DL – May 2, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s cool and all, but I thought the “Waiting Sucks” campaign was better. I thought the play on words was perfect!

Comment by Amal Smalls Doleh – May 2, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can it be June already?

Comment by tvaddict – May 2, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Waiting sucks” was so much better, this is kind of cocky, haha. :P Either way, always look forward to this show…just hoping this season is better than last!

Comment by Holeigh (@holeigh_annie) – May 2, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really have no inkling of a idea what the new season will touch. Obviously werewolves, faeries and vampires are a given but otherwise no clue. Hope it’s good nonetheless.

Btw has the hype of this show died down considerably or am i not paying attention to it?

Comment by Theo – May 2, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about the hype, but this seems to be the natural life cycle of a show. TB had considerable buzz going into season 2&3 and reached a fever pitch last year. If TB was going to make huge strides in gaining new viewers, it was going to be last year ( and I think they did). It remains to be seen if viewers will show up on Sundays this summer though (after what was IMO, a huge clusterf*** of a season).

Comment by BL – May 2, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • People will show, there where so many cliffhangers in the last episode! I need to know what happens!!!

Comment by Russ – May 2, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really??? a month to Season 5 and this is their poster? Looking over tumblr this poster was inspired by some spanish or italian covers for CH books. I can’t believe how the promotion for Season 5 sucks.

Comment by Kat – May 2, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t care about it.
    I only hope that season 5 won’t suck, like season 4 did.

Comment by Ben – May 2, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Waiting Sucks” was a better slogan. The tear looks incredibly fake.

Comment by Samantha – May 2, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Although I agree that “Waiting Sucks” was a better slogan, I was just about to say that the blood-tear looked very *real*, very detailed. I thought it was striking.

Comment by NoMe – May 2, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not bad. They always have great promos though.

Comment by Danielle H – May 2, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see what happens to tara. Are there any spoilers for her storyline this coming season???

Comment by Shia – May 3, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post