Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Castle, Bones, Homeland, HIMYM and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Months ago, you mentioned that Gloria Estefan was guest-staring as Santana’s mother on Glee. Is that still happening? —Marc
Ausiello: Yep. The onetime Miami Sound Machine frontwoman will pop up in the May 22 season finale, appropriately/ominously titled “Goodbye.” Look for Ms. Lopez to be far more accepting of her daughter’s sexuality than Grandma was.

Question: I know you can’t tell us who’s named prom king/queen on Glee, but can you at least tell us if the winners are featured in your photo gallery? —Jamie
Ausiello: I can and they are.

MAY SWEEPS SCORECARD: Find Out Who’s Dying, Getting Married, Breaking Up and More!

Question: No Unforgettable scoop again last week. If memory serves (see what I did there?) you’ve never included it in Ask Ausiello. Pretty please? Perhaps some spoilers about the upcoming finale? —Allie
Ausiello: You’re in luck. Mitovich just screened it and he filed this report: “Elias Koteas, whose guest casting we told you about in March, is pretty terrific in the finale, which puts Carrie hot on the trail of her sister’s killer. But maybe Carrie has been somewhat wrong about what she faintly recalls of that fateful, long-ago day? As for any possible renewal of the procedural, one of the final scenes lays a clear foundation for what Season 2 would look like. Also, for any Carrie/Al shippers out there, I have three words for you: Motel room, memories. My only quibble: Why does Unforgettable‘s Syracuse — at one point described by a character as a “nice little hamlet” — look so much like Westchester County, New York? P.S. Let’s go, Orange!”

Question: Any hints about the big death in the Grey’s Anatomy finale? —Jessica
Ausiello: The Originals (i.e. Meredith, Cristina, Alex) are safe. Ditto Bailey.

Question: Could you pleeeease give us a clue about who dies on Grey’s Anatomy? I’m losing my mind here! —Kelly
Ausiello: I can also rule out Jackson. And Mark.

RELATED: Grey’s Anatomy Introduces Arizona’s Ex-‘Husband’

Question: Homeland! Homeland! Homeland! Please scoop on Homeland?! I’m going as mental as Brody did during eight years of captivity waiting for Season 2. Give me something! —Amy
Ausiello: Darth Vader is joining the cast! I kid you not. [Beat] OK, I kid you a little. In addition to the Season 2 roles we scooped here, producers are on the prowl for a 7-year-old actor to play CIA Director Estes’ son, who is first seen dressed in full-blown Vader regalia and uttering the iconic line, “I am your father.” The show is also introducing Vice President Walden’s confident, privileged wife, Cynthia. Got casting tips? Hit the comments!

Question: So, about Castle — anything about the season finale you can share? Like, why is Beckett soaking wet in that promo? —Dilara
Ausiello: That’s what happens when you sit on a swing all alone in the middle of a torrential downpour sans umbrella.

Question: Based on the Castle season finale promo, it’s looking more and more likely that Castle and Beckett are the couple at the center of your blind item. Are they?! —Cheryl
Ausiello: Your question will be read aloud (by a special celebrity guest) and answered (by yours truly) in this week’s episode of Spoiler Alert! Look for that on Thursday morning and not a moment sooner.

Question: Please, give me something about the Vampire Diaries season finale. I hope we will see new villain there. —Jake
Ausiello: New blood is headed to Mystic Falls, but it probably won’t arrive until the fall. “We definitely have some exciting new characters that we’re talking about for next year,” previews exec producer Julie Plec. “And, of course, we’ve got our already enormous ensemble to make sure we keep servicing properly.” Speaking of the VD finale, did you see these?!

Question: Any chance Katherine will resurface before the finale of Vampire Diaries? —Allie
Ausiello: Not unless a certain someone is taken out first. “You will not see nor hear of Katherine until Klaus is gone for good,” says Plec. “His survival ties into her appearance, or lack thereof.” As for whether Original vamp Elijah will return this season, Plec coyly offers a “Maybe.”

Question: Please tell me that the Alicia-Will elevator scene in the Good Wife finale foreshadows a reunion for them in Season 4. —Janet
Ausiello: I asked Josh Charles about that poignant/heartbreaking scene and he suggested that it hinted at a “deepening” of their relationship next season. “And by that I don’t necessarily mean romantic relationship,” he added, “but just a deepening of their relationship as friends and allies. They had to go through a process, and they may ultimately come out of it closer together and not further apart, and I think that’s what we’re starting to see them head towards as we go into Season 4, which I think is a very cool place. It leaves open a tremendous amount of possibilities, but it also makes them, in many ways, even more intimate.”

PHOTOS | Major Private Practice Season Finale Clues!

Question: Any word on the identity of Barney’s bride on How I Met Your Mother? —Missi
Ausiello: Cobie Smulders dropped two telltale clues on us at last weekend’s Avengers premiere. “She’s a beautiful bride… and it’s a female,” she revealed. “And I can’t tell you anything else.” Beautiful. And female. You can do this, Aus. Think.

Question: Loved the shots from Bones‘ Hollywood spoof. Anything else you can share about the episode? —Kristen
Ausiello: David Boreanaz got a major kick out of watching another actor — in this case Entourage‘s Jordan Belfi — inhabit Booth. “He really enjoyed seeing me play the role,” says Belfi, whose character gets cast as Booth’s big-screen alter ego, Special Agent Andy Lister, in the movie-within-the-TV show (hilariously titled Bone of Contention). “It’s not like I’m doing an impression of [David], but I’m playing a guy who thinks Booth is the man. He thinks he’s an action star. My character literally says to Booth, ‘You’re like Steve McQueen, man — I’ve got to do you justice.’ He’s an overly enthusiastic actor who wants to do justice to what he perceives as the rugged masculinity and action star qualities that Booth has.” Belfi says the episode is “so meta it almost folds in on itself,” adding, “It’s a really fun episode. Bones has this light touch anyway, but there’s a lot of comedy in it.”

Question: Anything on Parks and Rec? —Josie
Ausiello: This Thursday, Team Knope embarks on a bus tour, as part of an episode in which “somebody dies, and then we make it even worse,” previews Adam Scott. Donna, meanwhile, finds herself in a face-off with guest star Mike O’Malley (taking a departure from his kindly Glee dad mode). “Yeah, we have it out,” says Retta. “Donna brings it to Mike’s character. Big time.”

Question: Any scoop on Scandal? —Lynda
Ausiello: In the wake of how last week’s episode ended, this Thursday’s is a doozy. For one, you may raise an eyebrow at how Cyrus reacts to the Amanda Tanner news — and then see him quake when someone steps forth with a blackmail attempt. You’ll also meet Grant’s vice president, played with Bible-thumping imperiousness by Kate Burton. (Yes, Meredith Grey’s mother and father even briefly share a scene.) It’s also a big episode for Guillermo Diaz, as we learn a bit more about what sort of line of work Olivia rescued Huck from.

Question: I’m worried something could happen between Dan and Serena in the Gossip Girl finale that could ruin Dan’s relationship with Blair. Know anything? —Kara
Ausiello: I know a lot, but this is the only piece of intel I’m willing to part with: Blair and Serena’s friendship will be hanging by a thread when the season ends.

Question: There have been a few spoilers going around about the Gossip Girl season finale having something to do with Monaco and a casino. Can you shed any light on that? —Alexx
Ausiello: I guess one more scoop wouldn’t hurt. Without naming the exact location, I can confirm that a portion of the finale is set overseas. I can also confirm that at least one of these characters will be traveling to the destination in question: Chuck, Serena, Blair, Dan.

Question: I’m going crazy without spoilers for Secret Life of the American Teenager. Please tell me you have some scoop. —Tanya
Ausiello: Is it out there that Molly Ringwald’s Anne is going to have a lesbian fling with a new female character named (Buffy alert!) Willowdine?

Question: I need a Hart of Dixie scoop. —Theresa
Ausiello: Sounds like Zoe/Wade fans are going to be rather pleased with the May 14 finale. “For some viewers, that relationship has started to maybe feel like a tease,” acknowledges Wade’s portrayer, Wilson Bethel. “But I’ll say that the payoff by the end of the season is worth it.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Meg Masters, Vlada Gelman and Alyse Whitney)

1. JoshJacksononOnceuponatimefan says:

The death better not be Lexie. She is the only reason I still watch.

2. Katia says:

Blah. If the death isn’t that horrid Kepner, Owen, or Lexie then I don’t even care. All this over blown hype is more than likely just a huge fake out and bait to entice big viewers for a steadily declining in ratings show written by hacks that only know contrived, boring, predictable, plot driven crap.

3. ROB R says:

Isnt Jessica Capshaw (Arizona) pregnant again? Maybe she asked to be released from her contract to spend time with her kids.

4. Carla says:

Please tell me they aren’t killing off Zola or McDreamy. That CAN’T be happening!!!

5. beth says:

If Shonda kills off the Chief or McDreamy I’m going to be so PISSED. I’ve invested 8 years on this show and McDreamy and Mer deserve the happy ending!

6. Aaron says:

I so thought I was going to finally get through an Ask Ausiello post without some friggin damn VAMPIRE DIARIES crap…FAIL…

7. kavita says:

I think it’s little grey… after the last of the spoilers… not jackson… not mark…

8. Katie J says:

Is booth leaving Bones for good? Is he going to be killed off?

9. Maria says:

Possible fatalities in Grey’s Anatomy:
    Derek: It all depends on his contract. After all, the best way to write off Derek and keep Meredith at the same time is kill Derek.
    Chief Webber: I always thought that his one of the originals that would be easier to bring back next year. So, since everyone is up in the air, having Chief aroung is a safety net that would ensure that Grey’s Anatomy season 1 and season 9 will at least have some common cast members.
    Owen: I always thought the reason they were separating Christina and Owen at this stage was to keep Mc Kidd even if Sandra Oh left. I think that they count a lot on him and they wouldn’t kill him off even without Christina.
    Teddy: She’s not important enough to be the death that made everyone cry in the rehearsal. I like both the actress and the character but it is really telling that most of you forgot to mention her as a possibility. She is not important enough…
    Callie:Something tells me it’s either her or Arizona. It would be shocking and emotional since Callie has been there since the very first seasons and is a core character. Her death would affect everyone, especially Mark and Arizona.But it’s more possible to be:
    Arizona: who would affect Callie-the core character in a major way and still not being as core character herself. Especially if they knew that they would have Callie for sure, it’s a sure story line for next season and they need some, since nothing was decided at the time they were writing the finale.
    Lexie: She is saved by name. Grey. She is their safety net. Even if Pompeo leaved the show they would still have a Grey.
    SO MY GUESS IS ARIZONA.

10. Matthew says:

wow um i have to say i have narrowed down my bottom 3 for who’s gonna die on GREY’s.

1. Richard
    2. Arizona
    3. Derek

Owen MAY go but i dont think so, smae with April and Lexie… but is still hope Shonda doesnt write out anybody, cause she DID say that in the new issue of TV Guide. Patrick Dempsey did say this may be his last, ansd GREY’s ratings average HAS dipped down to 10.0MillionViewers, even though ABC still is soooo in love with GREY’s. Paul Lee even said he wants it to outlive ER. Im sorry, but NOTHING can beat ER! I think GREY’S will last till either Season 11/12 maybe…

11. samantha says:

YOU DIDN’T RULE OUT DEREK? ok now i’m freaking out…

12. streeper says:

OMG go c the new castle ctv promo for “always”… TEY FRIGGIN KISSED :D

13. gracefulrach says:

I dont think it will be Derek for this reason. It would just be too cruel, not just for Meredith and Zola, but if you are following PP as well, it would just be too cruel for his sister Amelia. To lose her baby daddy, and basically lose her baby since it has not brain…to also lose her big brother who she has just reconciled with would be too much. Surely, the writers are not that mean. I think it will be Webber, Owen, or Arizona.

14. Jennifer says:

Arizona is NOT an orginal and her contract is not UP it is NOT her!!

15. Hugo says:

Alex, Christina, Meredith, Bailey are safe, very good. They’re my favourites.
    At this point I think the major character dying on Grey’s could be Webber, Derek or Arizona.
    I think that Owen and Lexie are safe… so Callie, Shonda loves her.
    Teddy isn’t an emotional character whose death could have a great impact on the audience, so I rule her out.

16. Darcy says:

Ok guys. Pay close attention. It’s webber that dies. Proof. The title tithe episode is flight. Catherine asks webber if he’s going to the conference in may. He says yes. She asks when he flys in. He says THURSDAY. What day does grey’s air? Put all those clues together and it’s bye bye beloved character Richard.

• Avenleigh says:

Omg you’re right! I rewound it twice and they do say that but I can’t believe it! Poor webber :(

17. elisabeth says:

Hubby thinks the Chief will die. There was a conversation btwn Catherine and the Chief about another conference meeting at a different location. That would explain why Seattle Grace staff members won’t know immediately. Hubby is not a regular Grey’s watcher, but his observation sounds mighty interesting. It sure would create a major impact on everyone.

• belle98 says:

I also think it may be Dr. Webber. I also think it could be Callie or Arizona. At this point I am grasping at straws.

18. David says:

here hoping Castle gets better in S5 while S4 was OK it wasn’t the best. Up,,down , twisting turning emotional roller coaster the whole will they won’ they? etc..
    I hate that lol
    Season five is sposed to be back to fun and naughty according to some here’s hoping !!
    Still my favorite show though, But I sure hope Nathan gets to a gym before any love scenes,
    yes that’s a hint

19. Paul says:

And in the next episode from How I Met Your Mother, We’ll see Carly Whittaker.

Carly Whittaker is the answer at the big question.

20. Sandy says:

I think either April is going all suicide (bomber) on herself, having betrayed god (like she’s ever going to have sex with HIM… ), OR it’s really just Adele dying – she’s sick AND she has been one of the major characters this season. I really hope it’s Adele, I don’t know if I could take the show serioiusly anymore if it was someone else – what with Mer almost dying (faaar faar stretch), Izzie almost dying (being the 1%), and George dying. Please let someone die who’s actually sick and also ‘old enough’

21. NotMyBabyWilson says:

SCANDAL was awesome on Thursday night and the prmos look even more promising. Can’t wait to see Olivia and the Prez reconnect in every sense of the word. I do believe the first lady had Amanda killed. I wonder why.

22. Hanna says:

DEREK DIES! HE DIDNT RENEW HIS CONTRACT!

23. Julia says:

It’s a major character so it won’t be Adele.

I think maybe April commits suicide.

Or will it be Richard?

24. allison says:

I think it is clear now that Arizona will die. I think the rest of the people on the plane were cleared as being safe in one of the most recent Ask Ausiello’s.
    More reasons for it to be her:
    -At the last minute she took Karev’s place on the plane so he will feel so guilty that he will stay (reason for him to remain at Seattle Grace).
    -Callie will be so devastated that Cristina will stay to support her (way to keep her at Seattle Grace).
    Not sure how this could keep Meredith and Derek at SG but I think this is a clever way to ensure the other two do. It would be unrealistic to have them all choose to stay (not that GA is always realistic though!). Perhaps they stay to be a support to Mark since he lost one of this baby’s mommies.

• allison says:

Wait, I think Lexi was on the plane so it could be her. That does not support my other reasons for giving cause for others to stay at SG though.

• greysfan says:

I was about to reply that she isn’t but then i took a second look and she is sitting behind Cristina. Maybe Lexie does die. Its either her or Arizona. I can’t see anyone else dying unless the deal struck with one of the originals is fabricated to make us think otherwise. Arizona is the one that makes sense to me. She took Alex’s spot and dies because of it. Alex then feels guilty and stays at Seattle Grace. Derek sustains injuries that see’s him in a coma and in turn Meredith stays. Cristina also stays because she is there for her friend. Thats how i see it going down.

25. julie says:

what will happen to derek

26. une femme says:

Thank you for another fantastic article. Where else may just anybody get that kind of information in such an ideal means of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such info.