Private Practice Finale Pics: What Choice Must Addison Make? Plus: The New Renewal Buzz

Get More: Finales, Photo Gallery

It’s not easy being Addison Montgomery — as Private Practice‘s Season 5 finale will again remind us, as the good doc/new mom faces a difficult choice. But will there even be a Season 6 for her to account for whatever decision she makes?

As previously revealed about the season finale “Gone, Baby, Gone” (yes, that was the title of Grey’s Anatomy‘s most recent season premiere), Amelia goes into labor, leading her doctor pals to her side as she faces the hardest decision of her life. Elsewhere, life-changing trouble for Pete prompts him and Violet to realize what they mean to one another, while Addison is “faced with a choice.”

But what sort of choice must Addison make? These photos from the finale show her both with li’l Henry as well as Sam (on bended knee!). Will there be some baby drama, or new romantic angst?

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line on Private Practice‘s Charlotte Having a Baby of Her Own

As for the bubble show’s future, our sister site Deadline hears that ABC is mulling a 13-episode final season pick-up, depending in part on how GCB and Scandal continue to perform and what sort of feedback the network’s litany of pilots — the Shonda Rhimes-produced period drama Gilded Lilys included — get as they are screened and scrutinized over the next week-and-a-half. UPDATE: Private Practice was renewed for another 13 episodes.

Comments (59)

• ADDISAM!!!!!! OMFG with henry so cute

Comment by eliajh (@eliajh2) – May 1, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m totally in love with those addisam pictures. 100 episode addisam wedding for sure.

Comment by Kerry – May 1, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Addison was more selfish than sam. He support her until the baby obession can be a danger for her life. It was not responsible. She push to go when it becomes real and has pb. At the end of the day, she do not jake. Jake has problem to talk about this wife. Sam and addison and during therapy she show that she is in love and sam is family. But Jake is just for change. Also if she can not go in Fiji with sam that still has not flaw. if this not sam and addison. this soap not worth. Sam and addison began in 3 rd season and she was already in love with sam and was with pete.

Comment by akl – September 14, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If that is Sam proposing, I can only hope Addison is saying “no”.

Comment by Jarrod – May 1, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This! Say no and start laughing!

Comment by S. – May 1, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Laughter is the best cure for anything – even a botched proposal from a man who changes his mind every 5 episodes about how he feels about her.

Comment by Jarrod – May 1, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree also! Sam lost his chance! Addison needs to MOVE ON!!! Jake anyone?

Comment by I'm Just Saying – May 1, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • so totally agree!!! LOL :P

Comment by sarah – May 3, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree!!!!

Comment by Kira – May 1, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree!!!

Comment by LaurenMC – May 1, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! He’s more fickle than a cat.

Comment by lady.lightning – May 1, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto – Addison & Sam are about as sexy as a pair of flannel pajamas. Which is odd – both actors are attractive people, but their characters… aren’t.

Comment by JuliaS – May 1, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mason and Charlotte discussing babies? I can only hope that she is pregnant in the finale.

Comment by Jarrod – May 1, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to Kadee’s interviews, she is not.

Comment by fabinpink – May 1, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well that sucks. I know Shonda was staying positive about a sixth season, but CharCoop fans want a baby and they want it now.

Comment by Jarrod – May 1, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • CharCoop fans sound like a mother-in-law from hell.

Comment by Brooke – May 1, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • lol

I’m pretty sure all shippers sound like mother-in-laws from hell. ‘Why won’t you get together yet!’ ‘Why won’t you get married!’ ‘Why won’t you have babies!’ ‘I’m not getting any younger to see you two stop messing around!’

Comment by Jessica – May 1, 2012 09:04 AM PDT
          • LOL! Love this!

Comment by Blackbird – May 1, 2012 10:58 AM PDT
          • Isn’t Cooplotte better?
            And Samson (plus, it’s an actual name) instead of Addisam?

Comment by Olivia – May 1, 2012 12:55 PM PDT
  • Those pics are too cute. Kinda looks like Sam’s going to propose!

Comment by Nora – May 1, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can only hope that Violet and Pete decide to live happily ever after… By leaving the show after it’s fifth season.

Comment by Jarrod – May 1, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my goodness, Addison and Henry are so cute.

Comment by fabinpink – May 1, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is that kis always around? He hardly knows Amelia. Why does he need to see her baby? Send the kid to school so we don’t have to see him anymore.

Comment by Jess – May 1, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just the conclusion I’m drawing from the photos, but I’m guessing that he’s there because of Charlotte, not Amelia. We know that the baby isn’t going to live long. Maybe this is how Charlotte gets him to talk about how he feels about his mom dying…the baby will be going to see her in Heaven. That kind of thing.

And maybe I’m in the minority, but I love the dynamic that Mason has added to the show. It’s really made Charlotte grow and show that her motherly instincts are not dormant. I felt the blow right along with her last week when she told Cooper “And I’m his mother” and Cooper responded “Erica is Mason’s mother.” It was a completely insensitive thing for Cooper to say and you could see how devestated she was by the comment. Give me MORE Charlotte/Mason!

Comment by LC – May 1, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree 200%. Mason and Charlotte are the cutest thing EVER. I was soo mad when Cooper said that. Loved when Mason was snotty next episode and Charoltte said she would do something if she was his parent. Love her!

Comment by Christy – May 15, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hoped that Audra McDonald could at least come back for a few episodes this season. I’m glad that the show is getting a sixth season and hope she returns for it. I was never really much a fan of Naomi, but her character did have it’s moments.

Comment by Jarrod – May 1, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweet addison/ sam henry pictures. Is he proposing FINALLY!

Comment by Kerry – May 1, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Patrick Dempsey…

Comment by Asrul Derpison Otomen Abdullah – May 1, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fingers crossed for a 13 ep final season!!!

Comment by alikatster – May 1, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait…PP has been on TV for 5 years already? OMG!!!

Comment by davey – May 1, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is A MILLION timea better than Grey’s Anatomy. A 13 episode final season would never be enough. They need a full season, then another and another. Screw SCANDAL (does it get any more boring?) and CGB (low ratings much). And trusting pilots? Stupid move! It’s one of my single favorite shows ever. So much heart… It needs to be around longer.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – May 1, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with almost all of this (except I happen to really like GCB). I love this show, even more then GA (and I’ve watched GA since the pilot). I just love it’s tone and the characters. I really hope the reports aren’t true and that we get at least another full season or 2!

Comment by Danielle H – May 1, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would rather have a 13 episode final season that is focused with each episode being amazing than a full season where some episode are boring and make me question if I should stop watching. plus Scandal is a good show and i happen to like it more than PP right now.

Comment by Russ – May 1, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Better than Greys?In your dreams.Addison is a ho,Sam is a whiner,CharCoop has been neutered and the others are just boring.

Comment by Shaun – May 1, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never better than Greys. Not by a long shot. Greys has better writers, more likeable characters, its funny, it has more energy, it has the best lines ever, the acting is superb and they switch it up a lot. PP has characters I cant stand like vapid Pete, sulky and pervy Sheldon who is still trying to get with much younger Amelia and Cooper who’s only redeeming quuualities are brought out by Charlotte and Mason. But to each his own.

Comment by Ana – May 1, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private Praczzzzzzzz… How much more can you take of Addison talking to her shrink? Seriously… End it while there’s still some dignity.

Comment by Kyle – May 1, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to be a Sam advocate, and I loved AddiSam. That changed quite some time ago as his character got more and more selfish. Addison would be making such a huge mistake marrying him

Comment by lamercebrollasempre – May 1, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate Addisam and I am sick of their stupid cr@p. They should have broke up last season when he made it clear he did not want more kids – instead they move in together and SURPRISE it doesn’t work out. Now she finally has a baby and he wants her back after two seasons of saying no thanks to having more kids? NO. I vote for Addison to be with Jake.

Comment by LaurenMC – May 1, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly.

Comment by lady.lightning – May 1, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want to see Addie be happily ever after with baby Henry.

Comment by Mackenzie Conner (@kenziemacattack) – May 1, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison and Jake!!!

Comment by joterri – May 1, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree !!! ADDISON SHOULD MOVE ON AND BE WITH JAKE
      sam had his chance

Comment by CRYSTAL – May 1, 2012 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s end the show now. I watch it cause I’ve always watched it, but it’s been far from good for a long time now

Comment by Amy – May 1, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe we’re still stuck with this Addisam mess. I want Addison to be happy with her child. It took the show forever to finally give her a baby, why can’t they focus on it now and show Addison being happy as a single mother? Sam has been annoying as hell for two seasons now, I don’t want him to ruin Addison/baby Henry with his presence.

Comment by Blackbird – May 1, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree so hard with this!!!

Comment by Ana – May 1, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love AddiSam! I don’t care if he’s proposing or not. I just want him to be in it for real if he decides that he wants it! That’s all I care about! There’s undoubtedly true love there and if I’d love to see them ending up together. I believe Addison won’t say yes immediately and that would be fair enough, but once she’s sure of his feelings, she’ll go for it.

Comment by Carmen – May 1, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t look like he’s proposing but I Love AddiSam and Henry together! So cute!! I just hope its a good AddiSam finale!

Comment by ana – May 1, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why cancel a show that does well? I mean, they want to renew it for 13 episodes for a final season? People actually watch this show. No one watches GCB!!

Comment by Maria – May 1, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • could be picking up a pacifier…ha.

Comment by meggo – May 1, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Sam and Addison get back together, the season finale will be the series finale as far as I’m concerned. Sam is hot but he’s unstable and selfish. Can’t stand the way he plays with Addison. And now that he knows Addison kissed Jake he’s determined to get her back? Nope. But if Shonda is a big Addisam shipper, and I suspect she is, she will put them together no matter what. She likes to make big socio-political statements and a birracial couple would do just that. Regardless of whether or.not it makes plot sense. And I still haven’t gotten over the fact that Sam was married to her best friend. That’s just creepy.

Comment by Ana – May 1, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who doesn’t think she will end up with a man except Henry? Shonda has stated that Addison’s end game may not be a man and a baby (obviously she has Henry now). She has said Addison might not be able to have it all. Addison = Shonda: single adoptive mother with no man.

Comment by fabinpink – May 1, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grey’s Anatomy season premiere was called “She’s Gone”.

Comment by Martin – May 1, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! Is it my Birthday???? Addison and Sam and Henry! They NEED to be a family, God I HOPE he is proposing because they are so cute! These pictures made my d*mn day!

Comment by Chocolatema19 – May 1, 2012 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh can’t this Addisam business just end? Sam is a dick. I’d be perfectly happy with Addison being a single mom but if she has to have a guy it should be Jake, not Sam.

Comment by Ashley – May 2, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please dont put her back with Sam. He had his chance she needs to move on with Jake.

Comment by Darcy – May 16, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO FOR IT JAKE!!!
    Sam was a jerk the whole season!!! -_- Guys, be realistic! If Addie pics Sam, she will never be happy!

Comment by Reka Hegedus – May 22, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i call JAddison. Addison Bennet doesnt sound good to me, but i think Addison/ Addie Reiley sounds really cool. Plus how are we sure Sam isnt gonna back out on Addison again before the wedding if she does say yes. I think and am sure she’l be happier with jake.

Comment by Jane – June 25, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post