Vampire Diaries Video: Klaus Plots Mystic Falls Departure -- But Not Without [Spoiler]

This Thursday’s Vampire Diaries (8/7c, The CW) finds Big Bad Klaus ready to high-tail it out of town — after all, there is a vampire killer on the loose. But first he has to pick up what he calls “a few road trip necessities,” including a spare tire, a flashlight and… the dopplegänger.

RELATED | Get Exclusive Spoilers on 54 Big Finishes — Including TVD!

Press PLAY below to watch the angry Original stake his claim on Elena — and the Salvatore Bros. respond by (what else?) defending her honor.

TAGS:
GET MORE: Previews, Video

1. Josh says:

Ergh they’ve so ruined Klaus. They’ve done everything they shouldn’t towards a bad guy. Make him a romantic but DO NOT MAKE HIM A WHINY PETULANT CHILD. He just has lost all his aura of mystery and danger. He isn’t a threat anymore. Not like Elijah…

And he can’t be a good guy because of the whole “Killing Jenna, turning Tyler into a murder” thing. I know this show loves their bad “good” guys but Klaus can’t be it….

I know a lot of fans feel the same way but of course many also don’t…But I just wish they’d move away from the Originals…

• Geo says:

You get it exactly. Klaus could have been a good villain, but they’ve made so many mistakes with him I don’t see how they keep him in any productive way either as villain or hero. One general rule if you’re going to make a good villain: don’t overexpose him. We’ve seen so bloody much of Klaus this season and every single plot-line keeps coming back to him to such an obnoxious degree, I’ve almost expected them to write an episode where the dialogue for the whole episode is nothing but his name, like this: ELENA: “Klaus, Klaus, Klaus, Klaus, KLAUS!” DAMON: “Klaus, Klaus-Klaus, Klaus, Klaus Klaus Klaus.” CAROLINE: “Klaus?” etc.

• Gerald says:

Agreed. He was a good villian. But if you keep a good villian around too long and they start to get complicated and ruined. Let him go out with dignity and bring in a new big bad next season.

• Domenica says:

hahaha it reminds me a bit of the whole ‘Spike’ saga from Buffy….

2. Angie says:

I’m ready for Klaus to make a permanent exit. The third season of VD has been so lackluster. I think they should get rid of the Originals completely and head in a new direction.

3. I’m in agreement that I’m tired of Klaus, and think the story really, really, really needs to move on from him. I love Elijah, though, and would like to have him come back every now and again. More ally than enemy, but still mysterious. Klaus is dull and no longer threatening.

4. Jasmine says:

Klaus can GET ITTTTT. I never get tired of seeing those bright pink lips!

5. I don’t think this season has sucked at all, but I’m definitely over Klaus/the Originals. Elijah and Rebekah (maybe) can return eventually, but I will never buy Klaus as a decent guy. I like my characters to have depth, but this one is too much of a reach. I do like the actor, though.

I’m interested to see where this finale leaves us. Usually we get a giant cliffhanger, but I feel like this could just end with some resolution and a hint of what’s to come in season 4. They haven’t been building it up to introduce a ton of new story and I do want this to have the proper climax. However, this should be the end of the Originals and of the constant back and forth of the love triangle. I like the dynamics the three leads have together a whole lot, but when Elena was with Stefan 100%, that was still there without the obnoxious back and forth. That said, I hope she gives Damon a chance.

6. Autumn says:

The Originals are my favorite part of the show. I just think they should end the whole trying to kill Klaus thing.

7. Katrina says:

I love the whole Klaus/Caroline thing. Her snarky comments are awesome. Klaus is the highlight of the 3rd season for me. hopefully other tvd fans agree!

• Alex says:

I agree! And I really like the originals as part of the regular cast! They should stop trying to kill them off – I agree, that plotline is a little bit done now – and just keep them around!! Klaus is an awesome baddy who every now and then isn’t so bad… and I do love that Caroline/Klaus plot. I like the idea that somewhere down the track they’ll end up being a kick ass pair.

8. Amber says:

The Originals/Klaus are the best part of the show IMO. The “love triangle” is so boring, especially since its not even a triangle since Damon never gets a chance.

Klaus is awesome!

• Candy says:

Klaus is amazing. He has made season 3. They killed the actor. The kid that plays Tyler will never be able to pull it off. I love the originals. Klaus and Damon are my favorite actors on TV. Bring back Klaus, him and Caroline were just getting good.

9. AT says:

Klaus has been the best part of this season!!! I love the Caroline/Klaus relationship and how much of a Byronic Hero they’ve made him. Anyway, I do think they should move on from trying to kill Klaus all the time. He stopped being a threat a while ago. He’s more on the defensive than anything else. I think it just makes all the “heroes” look like hypocrites with trying to kill whole races of vampires whether they’re good or bad, just so Klaus will be dead. Seriously. Who’s worse? But then the whole hypocrisy may be the whole point. Best season so far despite a few choices I don’t personally agree with. Though it’s not my story to tell, so…

10. courtnie says:

Love Klaus and he’s really the only reason I watch the show this season,I hope he never leaves.Klaroline is the best:)

11. mac says:

Klaus can go IMO, everything that made him awesome is gone. He’s whiny, a mommy boy plus did you know ? He’s an artist ! It almost seems like some writers started to have wet dreams about him and write him like their dream guy.
    If he stays they should go back to the old Klaus but right now I just want him to either leave or die. Btw. this whole Klaroline thing might seem romantic to some but makes absolutley NO sense to me…

12. Kelly says:

The whole Klaroline thing makes no sense to a lot of poeple Mac. People just think he’s going to turn into Damon. He’s not.
    He’s a whiny teenager who didn’t get hugged enough.
    I’m tired of him….he needs to leave.
    I’m also tired of the witches. They are just a bit too self righteous for me.
    Keep Elijah (and maybe Rebekah) and that’s it.

13. sarah says:

My favorite show on tv!

14. Julie says:

Season 3: the season of missed opportunities; and repetitive trash

15. Is says:

I love Rebekah. Klaus I don’t care that much but I hope that she stays for good. I can see her being part of the “gang”.

16. Why don’t the writers of VD read an Anne Rice novel? A “good” vampire takes the blood of an original into their body and that original can be killed without the bloodline being annihilated also. Catch up and get rid of the “originals”, they’re boring.

• jen says:

so… you recommend for the writer’s to just rip off Anne Rice? That is ridiculous. They are different stories with different mythology.

17. Jules says:

I vote on keeping Klaus. He couldn’t be a villain forever, but he can be a great character in the show. He can give the adversity that Damon doesn’t give anymore. All he has to do is some growing. Besides, the traingle is too boring right now and he is fun. Besides, killing Klaus would mean killing Tyler. Poor Caroline…

18. wanda harris says:

I love Klaus as the Big Bad faster stronger smarter. I like to see Rebekah and Matt get closer. keep Klaus

19. Ms. Chanandler Bong says:

Klaus needs to go. He’s boring and whiny and most importantly…he’s not Elijah.

20. Emily says:

Keep Klaus! This has been the BEST season, so far. For those of you who disagree, wow!

21. Giovanni says:

And, Klaus is dead. HA

22. Naomi says:

Are you serious killing off Klaus? Rolls eyes Bring him back!! He is what made season 3 so good. By far the best character on the show. The Klaus + Caroline match was more interesting then the Delana or Stelana thing
    season after season the same dilemma really?
    Big yawn

23. Swarla says:

What the hell happened to Katherine? The show lacked so much of its usual ferocity in her abscence.

24. stacey says:

I really like Klaus and Rebekah don’t want to see either of them go! I am sick of the whole damon stephan elena thing.

25. ale says:

I’ll miss the Alaric-Damon team! They were such a kick-ass duo when they were onto something. It’s gonna feel strange if Ric is the next bad guy, now that Klaus is sent to swim in the Atlantic…

26. b says:

um…this show sucks now…the writers have gone insane…not sure I’m gonna watch next season….im sick of the love triangle and klaus….the only characters they haven’t ruined yet are jeremy and tyler and for the most part caroline, i wud say matt but no one cares about him so…

27. I can’t wait to watch. I’m hungary of this. Please make it fast. In season 4 i want stefan & damon to get revenge for elena over the original especially rebekah i want her to suffer before they kill him and they should get rid of all their enemy. I don’t want one of them should die (Stefan, Damon, Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, Tyler Jeremy Matt). PPPPPPPPPPllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeee. I’m thirsty of this Vampire Diaries season 4. I want to know what will happen.