Ratings: GCB and Family Guy Rise, Good Wife Down in Finale, Once Wins Night

Get More: Finales, News, Ratings

ABC’s GCB was the big gainer this Sunday, surging 27 percent in both total audience (with 5.7 million viewers) and in the coveted 18-49 demo (hitting a 1.9). The night’s only other increases were enjoyed by Fox’s Family Guy ( 5.7 mil/2.8), which was up 12 percent.

Among those on the downside, The Amazing Race‘s penultimate outing (8.4 mil/2.2) dropped 8 and 15 percent, the Good Wife finale (9.83 mil/1.7) slipped 6 and 11 percent, and newbie NYC 22 (7.6 mil/1.2) shed two tenths in the demo.

The Good Wife Season 3 Finale Recap: Things Are In Flux

Elsewhere:

* On ABC, Once Upon a Time (9.1 mil/2.9) dipped a tenth in the demo yet still led the night in that measure (and placed second only to Good Wife in total viewers). Desperate Housewives was down 4 percent to 8.1 mil/2.5.

Once Upon a Time Recap: Woodn’t You Know It….

* For NBC, Harry’s Law (7.4 mil/0.9) held steady in the demo but shed some viewers. Celebrity Apprentice (6.3 mil/1.9) dropped 10 percent in the demo yet won the 10 o’clock slot with its second hour.

* Fox’s The Simpsons and Bob’s Burgers were flat, while The Cleveland Show dipped some.

What were you tuned into this Sunday night?

Comments (32)

• I’m really enjoying GCB. I hope it gets renewed.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – April 30, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! It’s so good. Funny and entertaining throughout the hour.

Comment by Mark – April 30, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! And more Blake in S2 of GCB! I wanna see the… “farm”.

Comment by HuMac (@BlueHuMac) – April 30, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES! This farm needs to be seen. I really enjoy Blake and Cricket’s relationship. The most unconventional couple, but also the one I’m rooting for the most.

Comment by Sloan – May 1, 2012 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last nights GCB was the funniest yet. I really hope they continue in this direction. The women work so much better as unlikely allies than vicious enemies. Although both are funny I feel like the show really clicks when these wildly different women try to do something together and all have different ideas of how to get there.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – April 30, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love GCB. I get why a lot of people don’t get into it, but I find it funny, entertaining and witty (albeit more than a little predictable). Would love to see it stick around!

Comment by NCSouthernBelle – April 30, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love GCB! I really hope it’s renewed for a second season. I’m sad to see Desperate Housewives to go but it’s time. I’m actually losing interest this season. I have no worries whether or not Once Upon a Time will get picked up for a second season. I know they will. It’s one of my new favorite shows that premiered this season.

Comment by Laura – April 30, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Family Guy…. The greatest show in the world.

Comment by Dale Key (@Shumpanooh) – April 30, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im gonna have to disagree. In fact, I’d say the complete opposite is true.

Comment by Patrick – April 30, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope CBS moves “The Good Wife” off of Sundays. The move has almost killed the show!

Comment by Jaime – April 30, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • MTE, if (un)Forgettable gets the axe it deserves (hell, even if it limps on), CBS needs to give TGW back it’s previous time slot. Last year’s finale had almost 3 million more total viewers and 2.5 in the demo.

Comment by Saint Alicia – April 30, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Can’t totally agree with you. Make no mistake about it, I love The Goood Wife and I agree Sunday night sucks (especially with shows like Game of Thrones and The Big C on at thesame time) but Unforgettable is a really good, underrated show as well. It falls just behind “Person of Interest” in my book of great 2011 new shows. I do understand-to each his own–though.

Comment by Scooterjay – April 30, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife is never going to get young viewers. I know it seems counterproductive, but it should be moved to a night where it can keep the ones it has.

Until the writers learn how to figure out Will and Alicia can maintain a conversation, they should stay away from each other or just be friends. I’m not sure that would help with the ratings, but their actual dynamic is so strange it’s better to avoid it than to get mired down in it. It’s the only part of the show that lacks real substance.

Comment by Amy – April 30, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • last season I think most people were rooting for Will/Alicia but I think Peter has really grown over this season and he’s changed and I think they are going to explore that more next season. I have feeling she did go into the house.
      and also I agree they should move to a more efficient where its not always delayed by sport overruns, etc.

Comment by A – April 30, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad to see Bopper and Mark sent home on Amazing Race last night. The Kentucky boys made me laugh during each episode they’re on expect what happened during the Roadblock challenge (Bollywood dance routine). Also, the season finale of The Good Wife took me by surprise but at least if CBS moves the legal drama series back on Tuesdays next season.

Comment by bad kevin – April 30, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This post is poorly written, but very funny if you imagine Boomhauer from King of the Hill saying it.

Comment by Sg.Grant – April 30, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really don’t know what you’re talking about, Sg.Grant and I don’t care what you meant on the reply. Get that through your head and MAN UP!

Comment by Jack Bauer – April 30, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such an amazing finale of the Good Wife last night. Seriously, I expected more from the ratings. I do agree that CBS should move it back to Tuesday’s where it belongs and where it thrives.

Comment by kikay – April 30, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! The scene where they are all together in front of the elevator was AMAZING!

Comment by M – April 30, 2012 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing Race is getting old,I think Survivor does a better job of keeping it fresh.NYC 22 was actually a decent episode last night.

Comment by Shaun – April 30, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am liking NYC 22 but hold no hope for a renewal.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – April 30, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope ABC gives GCB a season 2, I love this show so much, its very funny, they should move it to wed. night with all the comedys and move Revenge to sundays.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – April 30, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love GCB, Amazing Race and Once Upon A Time. Desperate housewives is kinda lame, but I will stick it out to the end, hopefully a good payoff. Good Wife I PVRd. Will watch it soon.

Comment by Gerald – April 30, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love GCB! I do hope they renew it.

Comment by Janice Watson – April 30, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope ABC renews GCB for a second season while CBS is hoping to pull the plug on NYC 22.

Comment by Jack Bauer – April 30, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fingers still crossed for a Harrys Law reprieve. Love it.

Comment by jasie – April 30, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew GCB and use it on either Friday nights with a night full of comedy or on Wednesdays at 10, after the 2 hours of comedies….Come on ABC, Don’t make a move you’ll regret. I can start smelling the racks of ribs already coming to your office…LOL.

Comment by Mike – April 30, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope GCB gets renewed.

Comment by Velvet – May 1, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew GCB

Comment by Velvet – May 1, 2012 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am praying the GCB gets renewed. The pilot episode was not that good, but everything that followed was terrific. It has a great ensemble cast, great writing and great acting and singing. The soundtrack is due out in in the next week or so.

Comment by tvdiva – May 1, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, renew GCB ! Love this show!

Comment by BLB – May 6, 2012 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post