One Life to Live Vet Bree Williamson Joins Haven

Get More: Casting News

One Life to Live alumna Bree Williamson is making the move to prime time.

TVLine has confirmed that the Daytime Emmy-nominated actress — who portrayed Jessica Buchanan on the erstwhile ABC soap for nearly 9 years — has been added as a series regular to the upcoming third season of Syfy’s Haven.

RELATED | Exclusive: General Hospital Puts OLTL Vet Roger Howarth on Contract

“She is [playing] Haven‘s resident shrink,” the supernatural drama’s story editors Lilla and Nora Zuckerman revealed Sunday on WormholeRiders.net’s BlogTalk Radio podcast. “We talk about [Adam "Edge" Copeland's character] Dwight being the ‘cleaner,’ and [Williamson's] Claire is in a way the ‘mental cleaner.’”

Haven‘s 13-episode Season 3 is slated to bow later this year.

Comments (27)

• This is GREAT news! I watched the first season of Haven and really enjoyed it, but too many TV choices made me miss season two. I’ll definitely be back for season three, though! Bree is a great addition to this entertaining show!

Comment by TV Gord – April 30, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watch season 2! It was even better than season 1.

Comment by Olivia – April 30, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks, I will. I’m in Canada, and the Mystery channel here starts re-airing season tomorrow morning. What luck!

Comment by TV Gord – May 1, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for season 3.

Comment by Lori – April 30, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED Bree on OLTL. She’s gorgeous and talented. I really wanted her on GH, but I’m happy about this move.

Comment by Lena120 – April 30, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Bree/Kelly Monaco on the same show would be heaven. I kind of feel like a Syfy show is a step down for her. Wish she had gotten a juicer post-OLTL gig.

Comment by dude – April 30, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think just about anything is a step up from soaps in the entertainment world.

Comment by Pianorox – June 8, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never seen this show– but if she’s a series regular then I’ll have to start watching! She was great on OLTL and am glad someone hired her!

Comment by JAmandaFan – April 30, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her; maybe she could be a love interest for Duke! I Love him but i’d take anything to keep him away from Nathan and Audrey’s budding romance lol

Comment by Cindy – April 30, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! Duke needs a love interest who isn’t evil, and who isn’t Audrey. :-)

Comment by MelindaB – May 1, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would love Bree’s character to grow a connection with Nathan. Audrey and Duke belong together and they balance each other out. And they have hot chemistry!

Comment by bklyngirl – May 14, 2012 02:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I gotta start watching Haven so I can see her. :) I’m excited. :D

Comment by Finch – April 30, 2012 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven is seriously underrated. So excited for season 3. That season 2 cliffhanger was intense.

Comment by Theo – April 30, 2012 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What nights does “Haven” air?

Comment by Maree – April 30, 2012 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Haven” airs Fridays on Syfy. The new season is set to air this summer – probably starting in July, if the last two seasons are an indication.

Comment by Lambsilencer – April 30, 2012 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’d be awesome if her Haven ‘affliction’ was having multiple personalities…

I love Haven and I loved her on OLTL.

Comment by Nicotine – April 30, 2012 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, congratulations to Bree! It’s always great to see a daytime actor transition to prime time. I love Haven, so I’ll definitely be watching.

Comment by Sienna – May 1, 2012 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she will i’m sure make it better than ever! Good luck Bree~

Comment by Diana Hege – May 1, 2012 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show and “Warehouse 13″ are quickly becoming the only good things about this once pretty decent network. They killed it with all the stupid reality bs. Do these a-holes that run the network not know that people go here for FICTION not REALITY! But I digress…

Comment by BHM1304 – May 1, 2012 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree–those are the only shows that I watch on the network. I would have watched Eureka, but we only got the channel two years ago, and by that time, I figured that we wouldn’t be able to catch up. It’s really disappointing to me how many niche channels have departed from their original purpose (A&E, TVLand, CMT, SyFy–ugh, it hurts to type that) and air reality programming. I’m not anti-reality shows, but too many of them seem pointless and voyeuristic, and not every channel should have to air them. Even sadder is that they must pull in ratings, or they wouldn’t be on.

Comment by MelindaB – May 1, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From a mental patient to a shrink. Yay can’t wait to see it. Never watched but will now

Comment by Meghann – May 1, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Haven and have both seasons downloaded in Amazon. Season 1 was good, but Season 2 was even better. Cannot wait for Season 3.

Comment by tvdiva – May 1, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Haven, but here in Australia, it airs on a different network, not scifi (yup, we still spell it right). Can’t wait for season 3!

Comment by Rae – May 1, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok now I am going to watch Haven ok just for Bree!! -totally loved your acting in OLTL- so happy for you and still miss OLTL, waaaa

Comment by glori – May 19, 2012 11:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I THINK SHE RECONSIDER GOING BACK TO ONE LIFE TO LIVE. I WON’T WATCH IT UNILT SE GETS BACK TO ONE LIFE TO LIVE.

Comment by ANNIE THIEL – January 25, 2013 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post