One Life to Live Vet Bree Williamson Joins Haven

One Life to Live alumna Bree Williamson is making the move to prime time.

TVLine has confirmed that the Daytime Emmy-nominated actress — who portrayed Jessica Buchanan on the erstwhile ABC soap for nearly 9 years — has been added as a series regular to the upcoming third season of Syfy’s Haven.

RELATED | Exclusive: General Hospital Puts OLTL Vet Roger Howarth on Contract

“She is [playing] Haven‘s resident shrink,” the supernatural drama’s story editors Lilla and Nora Zuckerman revealed Sunday on WormholeRiders.net’s BlogTalk Radio podcast. “We talk about [Adam "Edge" Copeland's character] Dwight being the ‘cleaner,’ and [Williamson's] Claire is in a way the ‘mental cleaner.'”

Haven‘s 13-episode Season 3 is slated to bow later this year.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News

1. TV Gord says:

This is GREAT news! I watched the first season of Haven and really enjoyed it, but too many TV choices made me miss season two. I’ll definitely be back for season three, though! Bree is a great addition to this entertaining show!

2. Lori says:

I can’t wait for season 3.

3. Lena120 says:

I LOVED Bree on OLTL. She’s gorgeous and talented. I really wanted her on GH, but I’m happy about this move.

• dude says:

Me too! Bree/Kelly Monaco on the same show would be heaven. I kind of feel like a Syfy show is a step down for her. Wish she had gotten a juicer post-OLTL gig.

4. JAmandaFan says:

I’ve never seen this show– but if she’s a series regular then I’ll have to start watching! She was great on OLTL and am glad someone hired her!

5. Cindy says:

Love her; maybe she could be a love interest for Duke! I Love him but i’d take anything to keep him away from Nathan and Audrey’s budding romance lol

• MelindaB says:

Ditto! Duke needs a love interest who isn’t evil, and who isn’t Audrey. :-)

• bklyngirl says:

I would love Bree’s character to grow a connection with Nathan. Audrey and Duke belong together and they balance each other out. And they have hot chemistry!

6. Finch says:

Now I gotta start watching Haven so I can see her. :) I’m excited. :D

7. Theo says:

Haven is seriously underrated. So excited for season 3. That season 2 cliffhanger was intense.

8. Maree says:

What nights does “Haven” air?

9. Nicotine says:

It’d be awesome if her Haven ‘affliction’ was having multiple personalities…

I love Haven and I loved her on OLTL.

10. Sienna says:

Wow, congratulations to Bree! It’s always great to see a daytime actor transition to prime time. I love Haven, so I’ll definitely be watching.

11. Diana Hege says:

she will i’m sure make it better than ever! Good luck Bree~

12. BHM1304 says:

This show and “Warehouse 13″ are quickly becoming the only good things about this once pretty decent network. They killed it with all the stupid reality bs. Do these a-holes that run the network not know that people go here for FICTION not REALITY! But I digress…

• MelindaB says:

I agree–those are the only shows that I watch on the network. I would have watched Eureka, but we only got the channel two years ago, and by that time, I figured that we wouldn’t be able to catch up. It’s really disappointing to me how many niche channels have departed from their original purpose (A&E, TVLand, CMT, SyFy–ugh, it hurts to type that) and air reality programming. I’m not anti-reality shows, but too many of them seem pointless and voyeuristic, and not every channel should have to air them. Even sadder is that they must pull in ratings, or they wouldn’t be on.

13. Meghann says:

From a mental patient to a shrink. Yay can’t wait to see it. Never watched but will now

14. tvdiva says:

I love Haven and have both seasons downloaded in Amazon. Season 1 was good, but Season 2 was even better. Cannot wait for Season 3.

15. Rae says:

I love Haven, but here in Australia, it airs on a different network, not scifi (yup, we still spell it right). Can’t wait for season 3!

16. glori says:

ok now I am going to watch Haven ok just for Bree!! -totally loved your acting in OLTL- so happy for you and still miss OLTL, waaaa

17. ANNIE THIEL says:

I THINK SHE RECONSIDER GOING BACK TO ONE LIFE TO LIVE. I WON’T WATCH IT UNILT SE GETS BACK TO ONE LIFE TO LIVE.