New Spoiler Alert!: Parks and Rec's Aubrey Plaza Is the New Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

Get More: Spoilers, Video

In this week’s edition of Spoiler Alert!, Aubrey Plaza doesn’t just dish out scoop after scoop, she is the scoop!

First, the Parks and Recreation scene stealer reveals her master plan to get her Pawnee alter ego, April, as pregnant as she is (though preferably not also by her cousin). Then, she spills the beans about the “17 movies” she just shot, including the star-studded Safety Not Guaranteed (coming to a googleplex near you on June 8).

Then… then, we get to the big news: the funny lady’s debut as Buffy the Vampire Slayer! And you won’t believe who’s been tapped to take over for David Boreanaz as the Chosen One’s chosen one, Angel!

Of course, after you’ve clicked on the link below and watched, you won’t have any choice but to believe. So what are you waiting for? Click already! Click!

Comments (51)

• I thought all plans for the ill-conceived Buffy reboot were killed.

So stupid.

Comment by mia – April 26, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …clearly you didn’t watch the video.

Comment by DFTBAndrea – April 26, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, really? Do people come here, not watch the clips and then post about stuff? Get a clue.

Comment by Steven – April 26, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Doh, don’t you feel silly now?

Comment by Jersey Jeff – April 29, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah I was mad at first too and then I watched the clip and it’s just that chick pretending to be Buffy in Ausiello’s spoof of a Buffy scene. The title is misleading since I thought she is who was picked to be the new Buffy too which would be horrible because Aubrey Plaza is awful.

Comment by Shannon – April 26, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Come on, people! “That chick” is Aubrey Plaza, and she is maybe the funniest woman on television today!

Comment by Hildie – April 26, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This! I love her!

Comment by Bethany – April 26, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah sorry no. I agree with Shannon because I don’t get her appeal at all. She is my least favorite character on Parks and Rec and every interview I see with her just makes me not like her even more. I must not get her shtick. Plus she’s never even seen Buffy!?!?! LAME!!!!

Comment by Amy – April 26, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Ditto. That whole clip was a complete waste of time.

Comment by tripoli – April 26, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. She’s awesome.

Comment by SD – April 26, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes to this.

Comment by Maddy – April 26, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s just another case of Ausiello using a completely miss-leading article title to bring in more readers, because nobody would otherwise.

Comment by RecceR – April 26, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grrrr Arghhhh

Comment by A – April 26, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Travesty!!!! SMG needs to undig her stake and do to all of you what was done to her ginormous photo!!!!

Comment by alex – April 26, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible!!

Comment by JAO – April 26, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If by terrible, you mean terribly funny, then YES.

Comment by Kalinda – April 26, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heart Aubrey Plaza. I wish she WOULD be the new Buffy. And the new Scarlett O’Hara. And Catwoman. And Holly Golightly. And Nomi Malone.

Comment by BenJ – April 26, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish she was the new Sasha Grey!!!

Comment by Jason – April 26, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Only comment worth reading.

Comment by Ant – May 1, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving this week’s Spoiler Alert Theater…it rivals the Rachel Dratch-Michael Urie scene in its epicness.

Comment by Yas – April 26, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know that’s her angle, but man does Aubrey Plaza talk like she’s stoned.

Comment by Kate – April 26, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s all I could keep thinking about while I watched this. I get that she has a dry humor.. but I’m just not sure about her lol .

Comment by Danielle H – April 26, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone else hate these stuipd spoiler videos as much as I do? Some of us don’t have the time or patience to sit through clips.

Comment by Michelle Kemppainen – April 26, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This! I’m SO with you. At first I thought maybe I could get into them but now they do so many made up spoilers to mess with different fandoms that I feel like my time has been completely wasted. Just make spoiler alert theater and be done with it.

Comment by Gem – April 26, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If you think watching them is a waste of your time – Then stop watching! And to save yourself even more time – stop taking the time to POST about how your time has been wasted from watching the clips. No one forces you.

Comment by Steven – April 26, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you have not the time or, sadly, the patience then rejoice. There is no need for hate. You have been freed from this vile activity. You lack the requirements to view and wring joy from these “videos” therefore you need not lament their loss for they were never in your province to perceive. Love.

Comment by your suffering is at an end – April 26, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It doesn’t even matter if I agree with this or not; this comment is amazing.

Comment by Kate – April 26, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Only watched a couple but that was more than enough to realize they are useless, as well as misleading. Won’t be clicking on these articles anymore.

Comment by tripoli – April 26, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Uh huh. I would bet you will be watching the next one… and probably posting something about it too… except under a different name.

Comment by Steven – April 26, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Makes me laugh when Aubrey Plaza mimicking Michael Ausiello’s voice. LOL :-) :-)

Comment by bad kevin – April 26, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aubrey Plaza is amazing. Also, Mary Lynn Rajskub pronounces her last name “rice-cub.”

Comment by Dave – April 26, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aubrey Plaza is awesome. Those of you who don’t agree are stupid. haha

Comment by Brad – April 26, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, I really hope this is just a joke and that she’s not really playing Buffy [and that the Buffy reboot is still dead]. If they pick the guy who played Gabe on “The Office” to play Angel, I swear [even more] that I refuse to watch it.

I’m sure that was their intention, but they totally ruined the dramatics of that scene by making it a comedic one. To me, that is completely unacceptable.

Comment by Sean Johnson – April 26, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, way to miss the point.

Comment by Tammy – April 26, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So true. I think there are many stupid people here today.

Comment by Steven – April 26, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Aubrey Plaza! She’s hilarious.

Comment by Babybop – April 26, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks more lise Druscilla.

Comment by Gabrielle – April 26, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The title is misleading. I can not imagine Aubrey Plaza as Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Comment by The Buskalo Kid – April 26, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do people not understand how this works?

Comment by Steven – April 26, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMFG, that was funny. I needed the laugh.

Comment by dharmakirti – April 27, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That chick is seriously funny. We’ve got the same sense of humor. Don’t know how Ausiello kept it together.

Comment by Marc – April 27, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that was the best spoiler alert theater ever. i thought the jack adn kate scene from lost was good but gabe as angel wins.

Comment by murley – April 27, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was awesome! Oh and half the people commenting here should never, ever procreate.

Comment by Jason – April 27, 2012 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s googOLplex… as in the number googol (1 followed by 100 zeroes) which is a play on multiplex. A googLEplex is just a theater with Google search bars on the screens, I guess?

Comment by KevyB – April 28, 2012 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok I really thought I would like the Buffy spoof but I didnt find it funny. Bad actors.

Comment by S – May 1, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so true.. i know i cant stop laughing….. at just how bad they are…

Comment by renee – May 3, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You need to do Buffy the movie with the original cast from the Tv series . This girl doesn’t cut it and Buffy is a blonde not a burnette

Comment by Liz Bessey – May 1, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its not even the hair color.. the chick cant act..

Comment by renee – May 3, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this has to be a joke right….if they have to remake it for petes sake get a correct person for the role.. that chick cant act.. i can just totally smell F BOMB…BIG FLOP..because having the correct cast is what will make or break a movie or tv show… and this has A CRAP REMAKE ALL OVER IT….

Comment by renee – May 3, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post