Exclusive

House Exclusive: Jennifer Morrison Returning For Series Finale!

It’s a fairytale come true for Cameron fans: House grad Jennifer Morrison will make an appearance in the show’s rapidly-approaching series finale.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the actress — who’s currently casting a spell on ABC’s Once Upon a Time — recently shot a cameo in the May 21 swan song.

PHOTO: House Series Finale First Look — “The End” Is Here

Morrison, whose comeback was OK’d by current employer ABC, joins a growing list of Princeton-Plainsboro alums checking back in before the final curtain falls. As TVLine previously reported, Olivia Wilde (Thirteen), Amber Tamblyn (Masters) and Kal Penn (Kutner) are also set to appear in the episode, titled “Everybody Dies.”

RELATED: May Sweeps Scorecard — Find Out Who’s Dying, Getting Engaged, Breaking Up and More!

Morrison’s doc was last seen in the Season 6 episode “Lockdown” when Cameron returned to finalize her divorce from Chase (Jesse Spencer), only to hook up with him one last time.

Thoughts? Are you more inclined to believe Hugh Laurie’s assertion that the final episode will indeed be “uplifting?” Hit the comments!

1. Hanna says:

The fact that Cuddy’s not coming back is that only thing giving me hope that they won’t kill Wilson. I can’t see her skipping that funeral.

• jgwinn says:

So LE isn’t coming back. That doesn’t mean that they won’t shoot a stand-in or stunt double from behind at the funeral if Cuddy even comes. Wilson is going to die. Why else would Foreman call in 13 and why would House need to re-evaluate his life? Wilson is as good as dead. Accept it. There are no truly happy endings with “House.”

• Hanna says:

I have no doubt Wilson’s going to come pretty close to dying, which would allow them to do a lot plot and character wise. But I’ve made a bet with my friend that they won’t be to brutal as to actually kill him off. I’ll accept it when I see it.

2. WickidPissah says:

I’d bet a dollar that it’s Park who dies. She snaps, kills her family, handcuffs Chase to a radiator and rapes him repeatedly then stabs Taub in the nose, punches Adams in the taint, then drops a lit cigarette next to an oxygen tank and blows herself up.

3. TVMan15 says:

Just an FYI:
    Shore would not be contacting LE. Fox or NBCi would be contacting her agent. She may or may not ever have even gotten word that they contacted her if the agent didn’t like the money offered.

4. I wish this show wasn’t going off the air, so bummed.

5. Maria says:

I guess I have already read here something that is close to what I think… To my mind, House was in coma all this time since the end of season 4, when Amder died and House wanted to stimulate his brain to recall what had happened. That is why all the team members who were alive and working in PPTH at that moment are now called for finale. With the exception for Cuddy, who waited for House to wake up, but finally she has lost all the hope and moved on with someone else somewhere else. And now House suddenly wakes up.

• jgwinn says:

I actually had a similar thought as well that the writers might do such a brain-fu@& ending. But, I don’t see them simply throwing away the past several years of the series as a simple hallucination or delusion. Other than that, they would need Lisa Edelstein – which they aren’t going to get. They’ve done enough with hallucinations and delusions for House. Wilson is going to die and that’s just a fact. In fact, I would be willing to lay $50 that Wilson dies at the end of the next episode. Who wants to take me up on this bet?

• Kriszta says:

If Wilson really dies Cuddy should be in his funeral!

• auramac says:

Who are you- Mitt Romney? I don’t bet on nonsense. In fact, I don’t play games.

• jeremy says:

Again… so bitter. Yeah, I wish I was Romney and had ten grand to bet. Look – this is all nonsense. Although I posted some outlandish claims and put wagers on them, we’re all ultimately debating upon a fictional tv series, so we’re either all unimportant losers with nothing better to do with our time, or have some vested interest in this series. So if you don’t bet on nonsense, does that mean that bet on other things? So you don’t play games, but bother to respond to some of my ridiculous posts? Sounds like you’re already playing by proof of your participation.

• Pia says:

I don`t think we will see Wilson die. He will very likely get the diagnosis that he has nonetheless cancer and the next episodes will deal with the stages of death until House & wilson will reach the stage Acceptance & settles the . House had allways problems that people die even more if he cares for them especially when he can`t do anything to change it, remember Ambers accident, Kutners suicide & Hanna in Help Me. These were horrible moments in his life and IMo he never got over it. With Wilsons cancer diagnosis he has to deal with these issues and probably the many others he has, if he wants it or not. he has to come full circle.
      Hugh said in one interview that house will face his demons of his past, present and future. So it makes sense that they bring back Kutner, Cameron,and very likely Amber & stacy. They all present the demons of his past, his current team and wilson are the present demons and the future demons will be his life without wilson & probably about the promise he gave 13, can he really do it?? I can see that The returns of the characters will be some sort of dream sequences like in HH/WH
      BTW i`m pretty sure Cuddy will be back too and if the actress had a problem to come back they will acknowledge his relationship with her in one way or the other. It wouldn`t make sense without her as it is important to bring Cameron back. Her final scene with House was bitter sweet and her accusations at house were addressed again this season in Nobody Fault, so it makes sense & it is the right thing to do to bring her back to finish this chapter.

• jeremy says:

They aren’t going to get Lisa Edelstein back. Wilson is going to die. How am I wrong?

• Pia says:

He is probably going to die due to cancer, i meant we won`t see it on screen. About LE it is known that they asked her to come back and imo no matter what happened last year she has very likely accepted the invitation. I see no good reason why she shouldn`t agree. They are just hiding the news until the end or like i said before if she isn`t willing to come back they will find another way to address her indirectly in some capacity.

• jeremy says:

Okay, although I’m neither a Hollywood insider or some fanatic who keeps up with all the gossip, I know enough to know that LE isn’t coming back. First of all, there’s alot of bad blood there. Second, such an integral character of the show for seven years leaves before the last season and it isn’t final? Not likely. Third, they couldn’t even keep it a secret at the end of Season 4 that it was Amber on the bus with House. Do you honestly think that if LE agreed to come back one last time for the series finale, that this wouldn’t leak somehow somewhere? Although I do like your scenario of Anne Dudek and Sela Ward returning for some kind of hallucinatory sequence along with Kal Penn. It won’t happen, but it would be a nice way to finish the show.

• @jeremy says:

It is kind of funny that you proclaim in one sentence to be no H-insider or gossip-fanatic and in the next step you are saying rigorously that there is alot bad blood between LE and who? someone,what ever. Nobody knows the reasons of her exit she never explained herself and the H-producers dealed with this mess very elegant &respect w/o any badmouthing and one thing is save LE is friends with DS and the writers and one writer tweeted that they asked her to come back. If she agreed stands on another sheet of paper. I think she did and they are hiding it. What happened in the s4 finale was Fox`s promo monkeys-fault but they learned from this mistake in the season5 & 6 finale. Nobody incl. the media-peeps knew the outcome/end of these episodes..and the H-prod. will do the same again. It is allready out that they shooted some super-secret scenes and only a handful people are familiar with what is this about. I guess these were the LE-scenes,kind of obviously ;) However i don`t care that much about Cuddy or even less Miss E. I watch the show for House and i hope that the promise Hugh gave that the finale will be uplifting is true. This poor Soul had to suffer enough and i hope he will find some sort of peace. In good memory of DSs masterpieces of writing “Three stories” & “No Reasons”, i guess the finale will be fabolous & i´m excited how the story will unfold. :)

• jeremy says:

Okay, since I’m technologically retarded, and therefore can’t see how to reply to the following post that I will list at the end of this sentence, I’m going to do this instead.

“It is kind of funny that you proclaim in one sentence to be no H-insider or gossip-fanatic and in the next step you are saying rigorously that there is alot bad blood between LE and who? someone,what ever. Nobody knows the reasons of her exit she never explained herself and the H-producers dealed with this mess very elegant &respect w/o any badmouthing and one thing is save LE is friends with DS and the writers and one writer tweeted that they asked her to come back. If she agreed stands on another sheet of paper. I think she did and they are hiding it. What happened in the s4 finale was Fox`s promo monkeys-fault but they learned from this mistake in the season5 & 6 finale. Nobody incl. the media-peeps knew the outcome/end of these episodes..and the H-prod. will do the same again. It is allready out that they shooted some super-secret scenes and only a handful people are familiar with what is this about. I guess these were the LE-scenes,kind of obviously However i don`t care that much about Cuddy or even less Miss E. I watch the show for House and i hope that the promise Hugh gave that the finale will be uplifting is true. This poor Soul had to suffer enough and i hope he will find some sort of peace. In good memory of DSs masterpieces of writing “Three stories” & “No Reasons”, i guess the finale will be fabolous & i´m excited how the story will unfold.
            Comment by @jeremy – May 6, 2012 04:23 AM PDT ”

You got me. Yes, all press accounts I read of relations between LE and House producers appeared totally professional and simply appeared to boil down to a simple money issue between what LE thought she was worth to the series and what other parties thought and it was all professional (and in my opinion, she was worth every penny), but where there is smoke, there is fire (yes, it is a groundless and speculative assertion, but I’d still be willing to bet money on it). Jen Morrisson was written out with relatively little fuss and adiue and still agreed publicly to make a cameo in the series finale. So yes, I’ve read some of the Hollywood hype, but I read it objectively. So I’m making assumptions based on some gossip and intuition. It’s a tv series. I’m not making a medical diagnosis or proving a physics theory. But I’m fairly certain that the end will fall short of “Three Stories” and “No Reason.” Those are two of my favorite episodes as well (that much we can agree upon). I’m sure it will be good, but I know it won’t be a happy ending. And yes, I’m still 99% certain that LE won’t be making a final appearance.

• Cuddy's lawyer says:

Yes,I think the same!
        Just remember the season 7.premier,when the Cuddy-House beach scene leaked! They rewrote the full episode!

6. Tracy says:

Can’t wait! Cameron is one the best characters on House and they should have never let her go! She’d have been a much better love interest for House than Cuddy!

• H says:

I dont think that! House loves Cuddy!And between LE and HL was incredible chemistry!

• Pia says:

Chemistry is allways in the eye of the beholder and a matter of personal taste. There are a good chunk of people who liked the idea of House/Cameron together. There is nothing wrong with it. I agree with Tracy i liked Cameron more than Cuddy from the beginning. It is true House loved Cuddy, i say he has a bad taste in women and we all saw how this story ended.

• Michelle says:

Hugh/House and Jennifer/Cameron have have the best chemistry

• Roxi says:

There not was too much chemistry just a teen girl adoration for House !Cuddy was the real woman who wants House and vice-versa! And this was a 20 years love story!

• Raist says:

seriously? Is that while during the whole huddy deal all she did was try to change him and then dumped when he didn’t, never remember cameron trying that

• Roxi says:

Yes the well known gun against Cuddy! But this was not Cuddy’s fault, this was the stupidity of the writers than changed her character…

7. Kriszta says:

“It doesn’t seem to matter what we write when Lisa and Hugh get in a room together somehow there always seems to be sexual tension there.” – David Shore

• Michelle says:

Sexual tension does not mean love. And to be honest, Cuddy is very vulgar whit her ass and boobs everywhere. House and Cuddy was an immature pairing and a big error. Now David Shore has understood.

8. Will says:

Here’s to House riding off into the sunset, off to research dark matter, with Dominika or a threesome of young, nubile hookers. Cheers, House! Cuddy/Cameron who?

9. I think they ruined the show when they cut out Olivia Wilde and Lisa Edelstein. Yes, Jennifer Morrison was missed as well. David Shore has made many poor decisions on this show. Maybe he can remedy these mistakes by fulfilling the hopes and dreams of all of the shows fans and bring all of the characters back. I really hated him and the writers when they played around with House and Cuddy getting together. I stopped watching for a season and a half.
    Sad to see the show ending with such a mismash of characters because of poor contract negotiations and poor treatment of the cast. Do what is best for your fans and for the show, bring everyone back one last time, no matter what it costs or how much pride you have to swallow.
    Write them all into the last episode. Let us all say our goodbyes. Let each actor/actress take their bows and hear the cheers of their fans as this fine show goes off into the sunset of syndication.
    This is what your fans all want to happen. Don’t let us down.

• Dolcetti says:

You are right!
      They must bring back Lisa,but regardless always hurt me and this not become unhappen,Lisa not was in last season….

10. Valerie says:

Very Happy for Cameron. Thanks, Michael

11. The truth says:

I’m sure they wanted Cuddy’s return and so waited until the last minute!And after not succeed to convince Lisa Edelstein,they thought if isn’t horse also the donkey is good!And brought back Cameron at least a little part of fans will happy…

12. VITTORIA says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THANK YOU! CAMERON IS MY FAV!!

13. Grace says:

Can’t wait. Cameron by far is the best female character of the show. She was the female lead when ”House” was in its golden years, when the show was a huge success. Finally a good news.

• Cuddy's lawyer says:

When Cameron left the ratings not changed,when Cuddy left was more than 35% reduction!These are the facts and the others just crap!

• Reply says:

Totally inaccurate. When Cameron was the female lead the show had almost 20 million viewers and increased more. Season 6 and 7 have been a total disaster for the ratings, less than half. Cuddy and her soap-operish plots has destroyed the ratings, when she was protagonist the ratings decreased a lot year after year. All ratings are available on wikipedia.

• Cuddy's lawyer says:

Not this was the question! When Cameron left the ratings changed or not?
          BTW she never was the female lead,the early seasons was she and Cuddy similar and after Cuddy became the leading lady!

• jeremy says:

Why are we wasting all this time on deciding who was more important to the show or House’s true love between Cuddy and Cameron? Cuddy was more House’s equal and more compatible and even inevitible but there was also a deep connection between House and Cameron that although functioned in a much different way, was still tangible and undeniable. Although I’m one of those fans that never felt that House could ever truly be in love with Cameron doesn’t diminish her importance to either the character of House or the show. Both characters were equally important to the show in my opinion. Now can we please get back to speculating on the ending so maybe somebody with inside information might divulge something on this blog??? LE and JM were both great and I loved both their characters, so could we PLEASE get back to speculation?

14. Fren says:

So happy!!

15. I hope she and Chase get back together– unless he’s finally gonna make it with Adams. She hasn’t done much yet!

16. read says: