Exclusive

House Exclusive: Jennifer Morrison Returning For Series Finale!

It’s a fairytale come true for Cameron fans: House grad Jennifer Morrison will make an appearance in the show’s rapidly-approaching series finale.

PHOTO: House Series Finale First Look — “The End” Is Here

Morrison, whose comeback was OK’d by current employer ABC, joins a growing list of Princeton-Plainsboro alums checking back in before the final curtain falls. As TVLine previously reported, Olivia Wilde (Thirteen), Amber Tamblyn (Masters) and Kal Penn (Kutner) are also set to appear in the episode, titled “Everybody Dies.”

RELATED: May Sweeps Scorecard — Find Out Who’s Dying, Getting Engaged, Breaking Up and More!

Morrison’s doc was last seen in the Season 6 episode “Lockdown” when Cameron returned to finalize her divorce from Chase (Jesse Spencer), only to hook up with him one last time.

Thoughts? Are you more inclined to believe Hugh Laurie’s assertion that the final episode will indeed be “uplifting?” Hit the comments!

1. Ana says:

finally some good news.

2. Kriszta says:

Ok,than everybody will return in the finale,except Cuddy! Or she will the big surprise?

3. Jo says:

Great news! They should’ve made two hours finale, too much goodness for one episode.

4. Meryl says:

It makes the series finale a little more happy

5. Roxi says:

This great news her fans!
    But after this, Cuddy will not return I will kill Shore :)

6. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!

I swear, I’ll just write this comment and I’ll die there!
    I’m so happy I could explode with happiness!
    They could not fail to invite Jennifer!
    To those who ask for Edelstein, believe me … she also return!

7. I wonder if these are going to be apperances of worth or like the episode of ER in which Edwards’ character died and former cast members were present in the funeral scene. Sounds a lot like the latter for many, specially when the word cameo is used.

• Hanna says:

I can’t think of a funeral that all these characters would return for that Cuddy wouldn’t return for as well. She would definitely be there if it were Wilson, and even after what House did I think she would go to his funeral for some closure.

• the episode could very well be a Scrooge-type deal in which Kutner takes House around to see the people he knows or something. or end like Charmed and show us where they are going to in the future. Maybe Cameron and Chase get back together or something.

8. I’m so excited! It’s an AWESOME news! Cameron is THE BEST! The show started with her and it must end with her. I’m so happy!

9. H says:

Just wait in the last minute they will announce Cuddy’s back too!

10. Brynn says:

Huh. I am amongst the camp that thinks House will be the one who dies, not Wilson.

I’m glad for fans of Cameron that she’s coming back. I’m also glad as a viewer who loved Cuddy the best out of all the females on this show, that she’s not coming back. A cameo isn’t enough after everything that happened with her character. I’d rather her not be back at all if it wasn’t done right. So actually I feel very content with this turn of events. ;) I’m also glad for Olivia Wilde fans that she’s coming back for two episodes.

11. Jules says:

The only thing I want right now, it’s to enjoy the last 4 episodes…and whoever show up in the finale, I just hope it’s worth it…And thankful for thoses who accepted the “offer” to appear (even for 2/4 min. screen time cameo) its because they loved/respect the series/crew and co-stars…

But obviously, if JM managed at the last minute to appeared…well..it’s a bit disrespectful that Edelstein didn’t make an effort to return as well…at this point, she has no more excuses…and i completely lost respect of her…
    Hope seriously that she be haunted by her “stupid” desicion (lots of regrets) for a long long long time…

And if they do a reunion -10 years from now…I’m not sure she will deserved to be include either…but that’s my own opinion!
    EVERYBODY LIES!!

• D says:

Something tells me Lisa isn’t sobbing over not being in the finale, nor will she. I’m really not sure where your ridiculous hatred is coming from, but you really need to get a grip.

• chloe says:

Well her fans and you seems to be crying still.

• *.*CARE-VER*.* says:

Lisa Edelstein is selfish. I really don’t understand how her fans can justify her selfishness. She don’t care about Cuddy and her fans so she don’t deserve your support. Jennifer Morrison was FIRED so outrageous but she still come back. Jennifer is the best, she is an angel, a real woman, I’m so proud of her.

12. macaco says:

not a big fan of Cameron, but I’m glad JMo is coming back so we can see the old team together again, sad Cuddy isn’t there……

13. Gemma says:

I’m so excited to hear Jennifer Morrison is coming back. Even after the left, she always had praise for Hugh Laurie, . She seemed to appreciate her time there with her fellow cast members. So good to hear she going to be in the finale, however briefly.

• Brynn says:

I’m really glad you Cameron fans are happy. It’s nice to see happiness instead of all the bitterness and hate, disillusionment and depression that has seem prevalent amongst the show’s fans for so long. I was thinking that when I said I was glad Cuddy wasn’t coming back for a cameo that someone might think I’m making a comparison to Cam’s return. I’m not. I was thinking rather of the crash and all that horrible stuff that was left undone, etc., and how a cameo would be so inept for a return after that. A cameo wouldn’t be satisfying for me because of that. But a cameo for Cam is a good thing and I’m truly happy that you guys have some good news to be glad about. :)
      It’s refreshing to see joy about something concerning this show. Haven’t seen any fan of this show happy in so long, I can’t even remember when the last time was. I think at leas a year and a half. And that’s a sad thing.

• merkof says:

Here is a fan who never stopped being “happy” with this show!
        Sure , not all episodes hit the high notes but it is still my favorite show ever and one of the few I rewatch.
        I had mixed feelings when Cameron left. I was satisfied that she matured enough to get away from House and sad that she left the show.
        I am very glad that she will be back for the end. It could mean that her character is strong enough to face her old life and this weird and dangerous mentor that is House.

As for Cuddy and LE, during the last 3 years I lost my liking for them. Enough said.

14. jesse says:

Wow. I’m so happy about this!!!

15. Lisa says:

Hooray! I love Cameron and I’ve been dying to see her come back!

16. Jules says:

Seriously some of y are very sarcastic and weird!
    (sorry If I offended some fans earlier/specially thoses LE fans..)
    If you are a true fan..you “stick”/watch until the END
    C’mon, just enjoy the ride..we have only 4 episodes left..

And be grateful to whoever show up in the finale..and if suddenly they announce (or when watching the finale she appear) that Edelstein “will be” in the finale..First-it’s a miracle…(kind of) 2nd- hope its worth it..and dosent destroy the amotphere…bcuz I dosent want throw to my shoes(or whatever objects near me) at my TV when she appear…and blame her later..(or she been accused) that her presence ruins everything…
    3rd- that her presence will gather/boost the ratings..from thoses who quit/stop watching at the beguining of season 6 or last year..(and obviously this season)…and now decided at the last minute to finally watch the finale…well..kind of 50/50 chances…
    (but seriously want, that we finish BIG..our own proper way to said farewell for the amazing 8 years…)

As a fan since day 1- I never miss a single episodes,
    incluing repeats..survive the Cameron obcession..+ the HUDDY debacle…..and really really enjoy the path of season8..and I’ll be glue in front of my TV (with my friends) until the end…

So…let see…we have 25 days to wait until May 21st…
    Ouch! Ill be dying of a suspense overload…& Lots of anticipation

• Sg.Grant says:

There is it. The ridiculous Jules rant that is written in complete Engrish. You left out the word respect and addiction from this post.

• tripoli says:

I was all prepared to send out a search party for poor, misguided Jules. Can’t have a House related article without her crazy ranting.

• Facepalm says:

I’m sorry but absolute adoration does nothing to drive the quality of a show up. It just makes the showrunners complacent and contemptuous of their audience. It’s why it ended up the mess it is. They think any crap they make will be swallowed by their adoring fans, and tragically it is. This is so sad.

17. Lila says:

I really need Stacy to come back. She is the only woman I could ever see House with.

18. Mandy says:

Urgg I cuddy!!! Even Kutner who is going to be a ghost vision is going to be in the final episode and not Cuddy!! Fuuu shore js js

It’s stupid if Wilson dies and Cuddy is not there cos after all she was his friend and so House friend js js. SO MUCH HATE SHORE!!!

I only hope for Cameron to go with Chase

19. shadow says:

After House Cameron was the best character in Dr House, 13 has never been more interesting than Cameron I think 13 is as boring as Taub and master.
    The show wasn´t the same when she left the show because everybody knows that Dr House has gotten from bad to worse since the first team was broken and most fans of Dr House think that the best seasons of House were the first three season I know it because I´ve read many commentaries in spanish and english and most people say that.

I´m not american, so sorry for my english

20. Kath says:

So very glad to see they haven’t forgotten Cameron. I stopped watching regularly after she left and entirely this season but this is the one thing that will bring me back to the show.

Thank you, ABC, for letting Jennifer Morrison do this.

21. Little Susie says:

I think They’re all coming back for funeral – Wilson’s or House’s…

22. Elysia says:

Really like she’s coming back. If she’s comes back and is not in a dream, hallucination, or flashback I kind of don’t want to see a baby Chase but much more of a moment of closure between her and House. I’d like to see what House has to say after she left and maybe what he felt about her and Chase. Though since it’s a cameo it may not be something heavy but none the less I’m glad the show asked her to come back.

As far as LE. Unless they’re doing pick up shots now, pretty positive she’s not back. RSL said as much in an interview he did at the wrap party. In a way I’m glad she didn’t sign on as a regular mainly b/c with out a guarantee of a S9 when they started, then this season I feel would of been focused on House/Cuddy. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, if you had another season to wrap up the series but I honestly didn’t feel her absence other than the couple of times she was mentioned. Either way I wish people would stop arguing over her. What’s happened has happened and nothing we can do.

I say we just be happy for those that are returning and enjoy these last episodes.

23. mile says:

I would really like to see Cutthroat Bitch (Anne Dudek) back if Kutner is also coming back.

24. Cassandra Elise says:

YAAAAAAAAY! I’m so happy for this news! I love Cameron! It’s too bad the whole gang won’t be back (I’m not going to try to figure out whether it’s Lisa or TPTB to blame; that’s a waste of my energy). But at least my favorite character has a cameo. :)

25. Andy says:

I just came home and read those news. I could be happy for JMo returning. I liked Cameron. But now I feel myself even worse than before…I am really sad because it seems the only one who is not coming back is Cuddy. I feel sad, very sad…Why Lisa Edelstein doesn’t want to return to the series which used to make her so happy? Why? She loved her role! We loved her role, we love Lisa! Now I am convinced there has to be something really bad with the actress, the show, TPTB…well, I don’t know. I have all of this already forgotten, but today when I learnt that even Jenn is coming back…all came again to my mind!

26. D says:

Wow, did not expect that. That means literally everyone is back except Cuddy.

I don’t wanna jump the gun and make assumptions, but it’s definitely looking like Edelstein was asked and chose not to come back. Of course, there’s so much news coming in, she’ll probably be announced back tomorrow!

• fol says:

Yes, it looks increasingly like everyone was asked. If LE’s the only one who said no its very kind of Shore et al not to make that public because it really makes LE look bad. She can’t get over whatever problems there were and be the bigger person to show up for a few minutes in the show that put her on the map, or take a few seconds to say something to the press about the end of House? Even Jennifer managed to continue to be polite when she was fired & this is the result. We get to see her character one last time.

• Cuddy's lawyer says:

Or just Lisa has self-esteem and pride,what Jennifer hasn’t!

• @Cuddy`s lawyer says:

Jennifer is showing character strength and classiness with her comeback. She was a part of something BIG which made her kinda famous & rich and improved her career. Her Comeback sort of proves that she is aware where she comes from and who she has to thank for what she is now, no matter the circumstances of her exit. She got bravely over it and moved on, not unsuccessfully which requires very well self-esteem and pride.

• Teresa says:

Self-esteem and pride? Lisa quits just for MONEY, she is the venal-selfish-stupid woman ever! Lisa fans are so pathetics, they can’t admit Mrs Lisa Edelsten is an horrible person with no value. Jennifer have a great heart and has forgiven the producers who fired her, she always have kind words for House in recent years despite the bad way in which they treated her. Now everyone knows that Jennifer Morrison is a thousand times better than Lisa Edelstein. Included Hugh Laurie, his last interview is clear.

27. Ella says:

I want a Chace/Cameron reunion!

• Liz says:

Anything but that please. I don’t know which pairing was more awful, Huddy or Chameron.

• Roxi says:

Dear Liz,you are too bitter and this is already sickness,it sure!

• @ Roxi says:

Didn’t you bunch stop watching the show when your godness left the show .
          All of you make pretty clear what you think of the show and producers with the hateful twitters and all (methinks you all protest to much), Yet you all here crying and waiting to hear some scraps news about her on a show that you hated . Now who is the Bitter sick one. uh

28. Wow says:

Wow, I’m stunned by all the “experts” who have commented. Are you guys for REAL?
    Get a grip — and a life.

29. Dolcetti says:

Please anyone tell me what the f*ck is TPTB?

30. K says:

Wasn’t a huge cameron fan but glad she will be included. She was one of the original team and they cut her time on the show a little prematurely I think. There is more reason for her to be there then Amber which ever way you look at it

31. Leandro says:

Another great news related with House. Michael Auseillo is now the big House detective or something? I think it is good for the show they bring back Jennifer. But I remember Cameron just had one second chance to say goodbye, as Kutner, Amber or 13 (who will say goodbye for third or fourth time now)…Again my thoughts that I shared in another thread here: I think Cuddy needs better closure, I really do. And now, after reading that, I am more convinced about that. I am not sure if House, Wilson or 13 are going to die, but whoever die or live, Cuddy was a big part on all of their lives and for the show. If the problem is with the actrees it is really a pity, because I always saw Lisa Edelstein talking fabulous about House, Hugh and the show. She did the best promotion for this series, nobody did what she did. So, it is really sad now to learn that it seems she (Cuddy/LE) is not coming back. It has to be something really bad behind scenes. I read on twitter someone saying that there is not Cuddy without Lisa Edelstein…and yeah, it is true, problems with an actress can ruin main characters and main storylines…If she refused to come back I think it is a bad move from her, but in the other hand, if she refused to come back I think she has to have solid reasons for that. Though the problem will be the same, last scene of the two big characters of that show was that horrible thing about crashing my car into your living room…I have no words, I am happy about Cameron but now I am even worse because Cuddy will be the one not returning…

32. Nathan says:

Booo we want Cutty and 13 not Cameron

• Liz says:

You want Cutty? Learn how to spell, maybe you’ll get her then (and keep her, I don’t want her in the finale anyway) LMAO

33. Eliza says:

Well I am glad for the Cameron fans that they get to see a favoured character one more time but as a fan of Cuddy a character that was with us for 7 years of the show I can’t help but be dissapointed that she wont be making an appearance in the final episodes. House will never feel complete to me without some closure on the Cuddy storyline, I am very sad that David Shore has not made a space for this character and the actress who plays her to return.

• @Eliza says:

DS or LE? We really do not now whose decision it was not to have Cuddy back.
      Still I shall be sorry if Cuddy misses the reunion.

34. Sally says:

I’m SO happy about these news!!!! I didn’t dare to hope that Cameron would be in the finale, so that’s a big, wonderful surprise :)

35. Hanna M. says:

WOW is it real? Cameron is back, Cameron is back! I am so happy! I hope she comes back for Chase! Oh, a baby from Chase they created after their last sex time in hospital whe she came back with the divorce papers! I liked a lot this character!

But then I can not help it …. the next has to be Cuddy returning! Please, please, I want Lisa coming back! It would be incomplete if Lisa is the one who is not returning! She made the best pr of the show for years! I loved Cuddy! I miss her! I am not saying only as House’s lover, I mean Cuddy as herself: powerful woman Dean of Medicine! After House, she is my favourite character! Oh, we need Cuddy! It would be perfect: ALL here again!

36. Caity says:

This has made my day! I freakin’ love Cameron!!

37. david says:

jjENNIFER ES UN AMOR ELLA SIEMPRE HABLA MUY BIEN DE HOUSE ELLA SIEMPRE HA SIDO MUY ELEGANTE

38. NotMyBabyWilson says:

Hated Cameron and was glad when she left the show. But I am so glad she’s back because it makes her fans happy. I also hope they bring LE back because it will her fans happy even though I hated Cuddy, Huddy and can’t stand LE. I thought she was her own worse enemy. JM always kept it classy, which is why she is currently enjoing center stage on her own top rated show.

39. I’m very excited to see Cameron return… I’m just praying it’s not for a funeral…

40. Noremah says:

Hell yeah! That made my day – Cameron was my favorite character in the show, after House! I know, it’s just a cameo but she’s back! I just hope she isn’t carrying Chase’s baby because if that happens, I WILL kill Shore. Chameron was awful.

41. Pedro says:

Cameron y House el mejor beso de la serie

42. Mandy says:

I am seriously afraid all of these people are returning for a funeral for Wilson. Then again, if Wilson is going to the “after life”, I am sure it would be Anne Dudek (who played his fiancee, Cutthroat B****/Amber) who would be waiting on the other side, not Kutner.

43. paolo says:

Everybody lies, Lisa Edelstein will be back too.

44. Alicia L. says:

You know the word cameo could be so misleading! I really hope that she returns in a few scenes and if they show a flash forward of what life would be like after the finale they should show that Chase/Cameron get back together and have a couple kids. It was so obvious when she left that they still completely loved each other!

45. Raist says:

Have we ever noticed that out of all the team members House had it was Cameron who NEVER lost a patient, can’t wait for JM’s return to Cameron and to House

46. jeremy says:

Here is what’s going to happen. Wilson will develop some complication as either a result of the surgery or excessive chemotherapy or something else unexpected. He will be in serious pain and terminal with nothing anyone can do to save him. Foreman will call in 13 since she’s intimate with House and experienced in these matter of euthanasia in order to get House under control as he will most likely be doing insane things again with his best and only true friend dying. Cal Penn’s reappearance as Kutner will be a hallucination or flight of fantasy of House in which he converses about the meaning of life and death, etc., etc. Wilson wil die and Masters and Cameron show up for the funeral. In the end, House will be left miserable and alone like he always was. Who wants to take bets on this scenario?

47. once fan says:

Might I add that we don’t know LE or DS? I’m not saying ANYTHING is true or isn’t true. I’m just saying that DS could’ve been pretending to be sad, and LE could be lying- God knows the woman can act! I don’t think the accusations on either side are accurate since we don’t know what really happened. Could LE have left because of money? Yes. Could DS have fired her or not invited her back? Yes. Could it have also been something LE and/or DS been thinking about for a while and finally felt that was a good place to leave Cuddy off? Yes. I think there are a lot of unknowns in this equation and bashing either side isn’t right. Unless you are LE or DS, you don’t know what truly happened and are in no position to make accusations. That said, I’m super excited for Caneron to be back. I always liked Thirteen better, and still do in some ways, but after watching JMo in OUaT (my new favorite show) I like her so much more.

48. Susan says:

Won’t Kal Penn have to come back as a ghost?

49. kway4204 says:

“TVLine has learned exclusively that the actress — who’s currently casting a spell on ABC’s Once Upon a Time — recently shot a cameo in the May 21 swan song.”

Exclusively LOL… This news broke over a month ago…

50. JomoRising says: